Author Topic: Where Does God Say He'll Heal Amputees?  (Read 13416 times)

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-4
Re: Where Does God Say He'll Heal Amputees?
« Reply #319 on: January 02, 2012, 07:04:23 AM »
And you're gonna be dead a lot longer than you have lived.

True.

And religion tends towards making sure people's earthly lives are shorted, and of less value.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #320 on: January 02, 2012, 07:07:44 AM »
And you're gonna be dead a lot longer than you have lived.

True.

And religion tends towards making sure people's earthly lives are shorted, and of less no value.

Fixed.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2012, 11:53:02 AM »
... what you think is of no value to me.

Well, fuck you too.  You come in to our forum, puke out your stupid opinions (as if they have value to us) and then plug your ears when they are challenged by anyone. 

Too bad it was your leg that was amputated and not your head, you condescending douche.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #322 on: January 03, 2012, 02:11:05 PM »
There was a time when I didn't believe. However, I love to learn.

But, I'm wise enough to not be drawn into defining what I believe specifically so you can attempt to tear it apart. Because I do believe, what you think is of no value to me.
  AKA, I can't answer and am too much of a coward to try.  So much for Leg's "faith".

My question, amputee, is why your god hated amputees so much before people like you could get multiple operations, c-limbs, etc?  Victorian era amputees had to deal with gangrene, death, wooden pegs (and their inevitable stump ulcers and infections0, little carts to scoot around in and there was no welfare or SSD for people to get to live on.  They were left to beg to live and die early.

You have it good now, considering.  And you of course I'm sure attack the very science that shows your god to be imaginary even as it saves your life.  How ignorant and hypocritical. 

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-4
« Reply #323 on: January 04, 2012, 05:11:31 AM »
I love to learn.....what you think is of no value to me.

Legamputee....can you see the disconnect between those two statements?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #324 on: January 04, 2012, 05:47:21 AM »

I asked that as well, but he's not coming back. Defending his position is too hard. Funny that I and others have a feeling, but no proof, that this person wasn't an amputee at all. Who has a disability and uses that disability as their Nym?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-4
« Reply #325 on: January 04, 2012, 07:35:54 AM »

I asked that as well.....

So you did - but that was long ago, in another country (or at least on the previous page) - and besides, the wench ain't coming back.....

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #326 on: January 04, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »

I asked that as well.....

So you did - but that was long ago, in another country (or at least on the previous page) - and besides, the wench ain't coming back.....

We scared her off with our brazen defiance of God.

Offline GodlessHeathen

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-1
  • Absence of evidence is not evidence of existence.
« Reply #327 on: March 01, 2012, 06:19:02 PM »
What I said stands on its own, even as I do with the use of crutches. But there have been people commit suicide over the loss of a hand. There's no scale you can apply to disability.
Have you personally prayed for a new limb? If you have and did not receive it, then the question still stands: "Why won't God heal amputees?"

According to the Bible you put your faith in: "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them" (Mark 11:23).

No ambiguity there. Say it and have it; ask for it and receive it.

Why not try it and see? I'll wager that nothing will happen, not because of a lack of faith on your part but because there is no God there to answer your prayer.

If you really believe there is no god, and when we die we return to nothing? Then why not just leave people alone?

Because of all the atrocities that have been committed in the name of religion. Because of superstition that has tried to set the advancement of science back at every turn. To give people a sense of self worth, independent of belief in a transcendent sky daddy. I speak out against religion for the very same reason that so many people preach Christ - to set people free!
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" (Christopher Hitchens).