Author Topic: Where Does God Say He'll Heal Amputees?  (Read 14644 times)

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +256/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
Re: Where Does God Say He'll Heal Amputees?
« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2011, 12:51:33 AM »
dont think so highly of yourself. theres probably many other sins you do.

Logical fallacy:  Tu quoque.

Unsupported assertion:  No evidence for 'sin.'

Oh, and *BONK* your attempted mindreading is extremely rude.

Produce actual evidence for your god -- NOT quotations from the Bible, as we do not consider that to be valid evidence.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +278/-36
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2011, 12:53:13 AM »
I don't mean to re-rail the thread, but I've yet to see the OP provide evidence as to why God's promises for "anything" are apparently null and void metaphorical. In fact, I've yet to see the OP at all
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +256/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2011, 12:57:35 AM »
sin is limited.

No; sin is mythical until you have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that there exists a god one can sin against.

I think dark matter is sin and the black nhole is the eternal pit of fire. I do also believe that for one spiritual their is a physical to match.

Okay, now you're just being silly.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Online Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-2
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2011, 03:03:37 AM »
Jesus Christ man, you're posting a train wreck of single cab thoughts. Even if you are going for some lowbrow trolling- why don't you have a seat, gather your thoughts, maybe use a little spell check, and post one big concise reply.

Successful trolling is all about quality not quantity.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2011, 04:47:59 AM »
I'm afraid I've been naughty again.

I exerted minimal effort and erased the parasite.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2011, 08:29:27 AM »
Simple questions. Why does an all loving god let a child (innocent) die every 5 seconds? How can the christain god not hear the suffering of his people? Why do I give my children money, when I do not have it, (when I as a "sinful" being can not know how much more the christian god loves his children), will not allow my children to suffer when I have the means to stop it. Why does he even allow it? Funny, when ever I ask my christain friends questions like this, I always get the "You can;'t know the mind of god" or some silly answer along these lines. If god can do anything, why does he need my money? The catholic church is one of the richest organizations on earth, why does the pope need a golden hat? Why is that wealth not distributed to the dieing children? Why does any church need an expensive building that is only used 2 or 3 days a week?
Just wondering

And you've hit the nail on the head, WBC.  Welcome to the forum, by the way.  :)   We get theists, usually Christians, who say the exact things you've noted from the Christians you've talked to, vague claims of convenient incomprehensiblity interspersed with claims of how they "know" how much God loves them and only them.   We also get the ones who say that those children somehow "deserve" what happens to them.  I'm not quite sure which version is more vile. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2011, 09:08:58 AM »
Where does God say he is obligated to heal amputees in scripture? This isn't me being cocky either, I'm just looking for genuine answers.

What, are you suggesting a parent has no obligations to his offspring? Doesn't the holee book say, "ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE"? Are there some fine print exclusions in that offer that we're somehow missing?
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »
There is a certian type of xian who attempts to justify his or her god beliefs by claiming that people are miraculously healed of various afflictions by divine intervention.

How does that sort of believer account for God's allowing Stephen to be killed? Their position is not only weak in terms of science (selective memory) but in terms of even a very casual reading of their own bible.

:o
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2011, 10:41:34 PM »
I don't know who Stephen is, but generally speaking, he or she would use all the usual mental gymnastics and apologetic nonsense.  Stephen didn't have enough faith.  It was not part of god's plan. Someone didn't pray the right way.  god isn't obligated to do squat. etc.

And of course that position is weak.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline BigV

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »
God works in the parameters he decides. Surely you don't take Jesus saying that you can move a mountain literally. There are many things God answers and I myself have been witness to these miracles, but unnaturally re-growing a limb is not something he just hands out. He works in the confines of his creation and rarely goes to great lengths to contradict or inhibit that which he has set up.

Pain is good though. We can learn much through it. We can also let it turn ourselves spiteful however. Once you understand that this world is merely a trail grounds for what's to come, what exactly goes on here becomes so very trivial.

First, thanks for stopping by here.  This place if teeming with ex Christians and ex theists and I'm becoming one of them.

One problem that I have with your response (and I used to give it myself, previously) is that the explanation works for ANYTHING.

I mean, I could say that "I will heal you", or that "You can pray to God in BigV's name and God will heal you and give you whatever you are asking in MY name".

Would you believe that God will do ANYTHING you ask in BigV's name? 

Offline magicguy

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2011, 10:28:49 PM »
God works in the parameters he decides.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

hmm jesus must of lied

Surely you don't take Jesus saying that you can move a mountain literally
Surely you don't take Jesus literal saying that he was born of a virgin healing the sick calming a storm raising the dead being raised from the dead feeding a crap load of people.Surely you cannot take god literal when saying he created everything..............in fact just throw away the whole bible because its not literal. The ole literal fall back that Christians use when there in a rut.

There are many things God answers and I myself have been witness to these miracles
like?

but unnaturally re-growing a limb is not something he just hands out

thats not something thats handed out at all or will ever hand out

Pain is good though. We can learn much through it

arrgghh christians....... &)

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2011, 01:39:42 PM »
just dont hurt anybody. Thats all what God says. Do whatever you feel like literaly just dont hurt anybody. Ismoke WEED. Its bull drugs arent the promblem make the drugs legal all drugs. If drugs were legal would somebody be going across town to kill someone else becuase they dont want to get caught, No. Matter of fact the only drug that the bible says not to do is alcohol, but its alright i dont care when somebody drinks, i just care when that person gets in the care and drive after drinking. And dont live by the lies alcohol has the highest crime related rates than any other drug you dont hear much of a heroine addict getting into car wrecks and fighting at bars all the time. And you dont get addicted to the drug its becuase you have a bad life that you get addicted. only 20% of people who get addicted and its becuase most of them had bad lives. I dont see rich people whon enjoy there lives have drug promblems.

I smoke too, man. But please, do all of us smokers a favor, and take the time to spellcheck/properly punctuate what you write when you start broadcasting the virtues of a drug that has a reputation for making people stupid.

Maybe make a paragraph break once in awhile once you've completed a thought.

Because, like, duuuuude. Your post reads like you're half in the stratosphere. It doesn't help the cause.
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2011, 03:51:24 PM »

I smoke too, man. But please, do all of us smokers a favor, and take the time to spellcheck/properly punctuate what you write when you start broadcasting the virtues of a drug that has a reputation for making people stupid.

Maybe make a paragraph break once in awhile once you've completed a thought.

Because, like, duuuuude. Your post reads like you're half in the stratosphere. It doesn't help the cause.

There's a great deal of difference between the "weekend warrior" smoker who uses the drug occasionally, but regularly to relax, and those that make being a smoker central to their identity. Just as there's a differce between someone who enjoys an evening cocktail...and someone who drinks their lunch.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline richie p

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2011, 12:49:43 AM »
hi gentleman i see your expressing thoughts and veiws on christian topics involving the bible id like to share my personal testimony....

Wall of text removed by Mod - Richie, if you want to post again, please can you:

1) Break up your text into sentences and paragraphs.
2) Ensure your post addresses the questions asked in the particular thread.

These two steps will make it a lot easier for other forum members to interact with you.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:54:13 AM by Anfauglir »

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2011, 12:50:12 AM »
Aaand spam #3.

Richie, screw off.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline richie p

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2011, 12:56:48 AM »
just trying to lend you understanding not that im wise or anything i see alot of misunderstood bible ethic in this forum you gotta dig deeper man why just read something and not anylize it from all angles thinking you understand it if you dont have an open mind you may never understand what it is you critisize and yah i cant spell lol

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2011, 01:05:13 AM »
Richie, I am currently editing your post in Wordpad to make it readable.  That you decided not to take the time to do so yourself says that you have zero respect for your audience.  That's insulting as hell.

EDIT:  And regarding spelling - that's what the "Spell Check" button is for.  It's at the bottom-right of every post.  Not that you couldn't have done that in a word-processor anyway...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:06:53 AM by Azdgari »
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2011, 01:05:48 AM »
just trying to lend you understanding not that im wise or anything i see alot of misunderstood bible ethic in this forum you gotta dig deeper man why just read something and not anylize it from all angles thinking you understand it if you dont have an open mind you may never understand what it is you critisize

Even assuming all that is true, you'll never get your message across if your text is unreadable.  If you want to tell us something, you need to be clear, simple as that.  Learn some basic sentence structure, spacing, paragraphs, punctuation, etc.

and yah i cant spell lol

1) How old are you?

2) Learn how to spell, or at least get a spellchecker.  I don't care which.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2011, 01:10:39 AM »
Also, there was no need to post it all 3 times.  One time is enough for any copy of a post.

EDIT:  After reading the first half of your post, I can see why you don't respect us enough to bother making your post readable.  You think we're total low-lifes.  You think we're criminals.  You think we're drug-dealers, murderers, thieves.  You think we live our lives in anger and hatred.  No wonder you don't have any respect for your audience: you're a raging bigot.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:15:25 AM by Azdgari »

Offline richie p

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2011, 01:22:43 AM »
lol thats true bro im 21 i suck at spelling and it is true man and i shouldnt have posted it three times i had intentions of laying it out and bouncing out of this forum but now im intrigued  and its all truth dude i used to be a gun slinging lunatic i prolly robbed over forty houses in my lifetime gimme a sec ill upload a pic god is with me man i never used to believe it all either i thought it was ridiculouse <<<<<definitly not spelled  right  anyway god is funny  dude you gotta find him i went through some things  i been shot seen death  the whole nine but somehow i stand here saved its crazy i was a god hater a place like hell being real   is hard to grasp but its just the first wall to break im gonna upload a pic of me a little while ago now i wont even drink a beer its crazy i feel like jesus is better than ten keg partys back to back would have never thought id say that

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2011, 01:28:45 AM »
EDIT:  After reading the first half of your post, I can see why you don't respect us enough to bother making your post readable.  You think we're total low-lifes.  You think we're criminals.  You think we're drug-dealers, murderers, thieves.  You think we live our lives in anger and hatred.  No wonder you don't have any respect for your audience: you're a raging bigot.

He is merely self projecting.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2011, 01:37:51 AM »
I wonder if he is open to the idea that we are not as awful as he thinks we are?  If his prejudice can be corrected?

Offline richie p

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2011, 01:42:17 AM »
yah its a thing called testimony the picture is me before i was saved im nobody special  vanity isnt my seeking i thought id share my own life and behold  lol debate/statements im just trying look at that and the millions of others do you think people change there entire lifes give up sinfull pleasure etc  for nothing or confusion  i wouldnt have done or atleast tryed to do a one eighty if i thought i was talking to myself in prayer god is real but i cant prove it and you cant prove he isnt i can only share my experiances and you yours along with science it will be debated until the end of the world but i can assure you im not lieing you can look up my friends in homocide  if you want to by name but i can give you the feeling of the holy spirit you gotta get that yourself

Offline richie p

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2011, 01:44:17 AM »
cant give you the holy spirit typo lol

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2011, 01:46:59 AM »
lol thats true bro im 21 i suck at spelling

Well, damn.  You need to go back to grade school, pronto.  I'm pretty bloody damn sure I did better than that when I was eight... and that was before you were even born.

i had intentions of laying it out and bouncing out of this forum but now im intrigued  and its all truth dude i used to be a gun slinging lunatic i prolly robbed over forty houses in my lifetime gimme a sec ill upload a pic god is with me man i never used to believe it all either i thought it was ridiculouse <<<<<definitly not spelled  right  anyway god is funny  dude you gotta find him i went through some things  i been shot seen death  the whole nine but somehow i stand here saved its crazy i was a god hater a place like hell being real   is hard to grasp but its just the first wall to break im gonna upload a pic of me a little while ago now i wont even drink a beer its crazy i feel like jesus is better than ten keg partys back to back would have never thought id say that

Run-on sentences, constant misspelling, lack of punctuations, 'I's not capitalized...

It's hard to take you seriously when your efforts are much poorer than those of a first-grader.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2011, 01:52:25 AM »
if you want to by name but i can give you the feeling of the holy spirit you gotta get that yourself

Be careful boy, we'll give you mixed feelings.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline richie p

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2011, 01:54:47 AM »
and i dont dispise you at all i respect that your outspoken bro ive been there you think goody too shoes etc yah but for once im proud of that i used to bash people i hated church goers and rich kids  i learned quick with the sound of afew gunshots that the hard knock life aint as full of glory as one might think my friend is gone bro he aint coming back nothing but afew liquire bottles on a bloody sidewalk with teddy bears marked his end place  if you died today what do you think god would say to you if say he really did exist i just wanna save souls but the truth is souls gotta save themselves and jesus starts by repenting

Offline richie p

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2011, 01:58:35 AM »
with jesus and yah as for school im alright im a certified electrician two year trade school  i dont need to spell to play with thousands of volts of electricity  doesnt that make you feel safe if i had to wire your house lol