Author Topic: Where Does God Say He'll Heal Amputees?  (Read 13452 times)

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Where Does God Say He'll Heal Amputees?
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »
God Wants you to be a good person thats it. Were dead to the law. we live free just dont harm anbody else watch what you do thats all god wants. Highly against the Iraq War, we were harming them before us 500,00 iraqi children have died before the iraq war to us sanctions. They just retaliated how i see. its a bad life living impartially.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2011, 08:15:39 PM »
Growth, again, are you here to simply preach? This isn't a church. It is a forum for logical discussions. I would like for you to provide some sort of logical argument for the existence of God, or else you are spouting nonsense that pretty much all of us are already familiar with.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • “We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2011, 08:17:45 PM »
Highly against the Iraq War, we were harming them before us 500,00 iraqi children have died before the iraq war to us sanctions. They just retaliated how i see. its a bad life living impartially.

bush and your christain god are the ones who did this or at least inyour gods name
“We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered, afraid of its own forces, in search not merely of its road but even of its direction

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
God Wants you to be a good person thats it. Were dead to the law. we live free just dont harm anbody else watch what you do thats all god wants. Highly against the Iraq War, we were harming them before us 500,00 iraqi children have died before the iraq war to us sanctions. They just retaliated how i see. its a bad life living impartially.

Which totally explains his long history of atrocities, acts of genocide, and racist teachings. It's all to teach us how to be good.

I think we need a new theist, this ones clearly defective.

No preaching, Growth. Remember.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »
Growth2012,

Have your read Leviticus 14:49-53 lately?  Does that look legit to you or does it sound like a grass hut African shaman's hallucinated ramblings or the incantations of a witch? Sounds like a lot of woo doesn't it?  Sounds really stupid now in modern times doesn't it? How stupid do you have to be to believe that cures leprosy?  Pretty stupid huh?

Can you, as a christian, cure leprosy like that today? Why not?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:20:42 PM by Brakeman »
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2011, 08:31:33 PM »
Growth2012, do you think atheists are unfamiliar with the bible?

If so, you're in for a rude awakening.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »
Growth2012,

According to the bible, the touch of Elijah's bones will cure anything and bring the dead back to life, so why are christians not tearing up the mid-east searching for the magic bones as the cure all to every ailment? Is it because they don't really believe that crap either?
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »
Im just refeing them back to your memory. Its been proven God saves the lame. Seen The 4th Kind lately Alien abduction. I believe in angels though. But also you know what will heal you, the word of God. Read it. It says in the bible " I sent my word and it healed them." Its by reading the word of God and actually beling in his word and promise that heals you. And if you dont get healed I can assure you on this you will be happy even socrates was happy when he died and also you will not die in shame. Thats what his word says. Praying to angels roseries chant or whatever God said dont test him and also thats a thing in the past when the curtains were ripped He said ask and you shall recieve for those who are rightous. Paul also said that you dont get it becuae you dont believe or not connected personally living not derected by god or you pray for evil intent. And yes people dont get healed, but God does great things through suffering. God said blessed is he who is rebuke by the lord becuase that means the Lord Loves you. REad the story of Job and see how all through the suffering God did this so he could recieve more becuase God also said that a great begining doesnt usually have a great end.    Shun Tzu.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »
Growth, using the Bible as evidence is circular reasoning (God is real because the Bible says so because the Bible is the Word of God). You first need to prove that God even exists, or else you're just telling us to base our lives on mythology.

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2011, 09:05:49 PM »
But i guarantee you on this you will be happy when you die. And also you will not be ashamed. God said just how many bad days you have is how many good days youll have. God works through suffering paul said that god had put something in his eye but he pushed through it and it helped him to peservere in more of a spiritual stance where he was able to preserver through pain in the physical standpoint. God said when you with me i will even make your mistakes to come out good. So i see that with God when i suffer its doing for the Good of me and when i prosper it does more good for me and renew my strength like the eagles. Read the word of God his promises are true. Look up how isreal doing andf there the best in the world in science medicine money, the death rate is low drinking low. And there really healthy people. PEople could say Good genes or lifestyle habits but i seen that among the christians too there healthier they live longer there more lickley to live than to non believers and they have better financial prospects no matter what race or age or background. Same thing with the jews. thats why people hate them so much like during the black plague when thousands of jews got burnt to the stake becuase their debtors were dying and the jews were usually the money lenders in the communities so if was probably that the jews were selfish and hold the debts to them but they god not helping back in return by dying to the stake but it says in the bible you will be the money lenders and not the borrowers.

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »
Have you ever Read Karl Marx and political society. Jesus said woe to hiprocracy. And also karl marx was an atheist becuase he hated the people of the church not the church so i believe God forgave him becuase he was a good and honest man and he was right.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2011, 09:13:48 PM »
But i guarantee you on this you will be happy when you die. ...

No, you actually don't.  A guarantee carries compensation in case the thing that's guaranteed fails.  For example, say your lawn mower is guaranteed not to break down for the period of a year.  Typical compensation would include, say, the repair of that lawn mower, in cases where it does indeed break down in under a year.

You aren't offering any compensation, so your guarantee is totally empty and void of responsibility on your part.  You aren't able to say to curiousgirl, "Oh, if you die and I was wrong, I'll give you a cookie!" - because curiousgirl would be, you know, dead.

What you are offering is a promise, not a guarantee.  And a promise from you on this topic carries no weight at all, because you havn't shown that you know that anything you're saying is true.  Especially since you can't even speak from personal experience.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2011, 09:19:44 PM »
Read the word of God his promises are true.

Growth, I am very familiar with the "word of God", as are many of the other forum members. In fact, we know the Bible well enough to understand that God is merely the self-projection of Biblical authors. If you claim God's promises are true, you first have to establish that he exists through the use of logic (which you have yet to do). I am starting to feel like a broken record...

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2011, 10:24:40 PM »
What is God its simple. What came first the chicken or the egg? Was the thought of building great civilizations come first or did the civilizations come first.

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2011, 10:29:15 PM »
Yin Yang, postive negative, masculine femine. It comes to a asked question, Is God man or female? I believe God is both. Man and Female. So in saying that dualism and non dualism. God is both physical and non physical. He is the world us the "goodness" of God. Physical feminine representation. ANd he is thoughts were everything comes from.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »
Irrelevant. I did not ask what God is. Your responses are red herrings. I asked you to use logic to show us why you claim that God exists.

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2011, 10:30:51 PM »
Heck I even believe in the fall of religion becuase i believe religion equals oppression... and the rise of believers.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »
OK, that is it. You are clearly just navel-gazing and preaching. Thanks for wasting my time.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
What is God its simple. What came first the chicken or the egg? Was the thought of building great civilizations come first or did the civilizations come first.

Now I know you're not interested in discussion.  Shallow woo woo will get you nowhere in this place....
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2011, 10:43:45 PM »
Go by your own laws people stiocheamety. How much is in the reaction that will be how much in the complection of the chemical reaction. SAying if their is 45grams in the begining equation there will be 46grams in the end resulte. Meaning that something doesnt come from nothing something has to come from something or it wont be there. God said i put it right in front of them and they dont even see. Energy god is energy. What is God, he is the world what is before you the couch the tv the house the car the tree and literally everyone of us the femine representation of God. So why not each religion have mabe a different perspective of God. The disiples asked were is heaven, Jesus said right here. everysingle one of us. Each of us is an impartial perspective of GOd himself. We are subjective and not objective. This is the cause of all wars. I right and your wrong. WE are all right. If it happened it happened if it didnt happen it didnt happen. thats why we have science to prove whats true. and i believe Science only proves what God has already said. 

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »
I believe GOd is you ideal you. And i mean what you want to be. Descartes once said that we have the thought of perfection in our mind but how can that be since theres nothing perfect all round use. How do we have that idea of perfectness if we have nothing to go by.

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2011, 10:48:01 PM »
Have fun being moderated growth2012. :police:
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2011, 10:48:16 PM »
and it will be 45 grams in the end equation just as the begining

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »
Blaming that drugs were the problem.. haha

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2011, 10:52:43 PM »
It's stoichiometry, genius. And no, that does not prove God's existence. Growth, the amount of woo in your posts is absolutely astounding. Have a nice life. I'm out.

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
God did say he put out his saints out. I do believe that God has put in people and angels throughout every culture. My favorite Sadhatha gutama. Reaching enlightenment and becoming one with The enlighten one. Matter is neither created nor destroyed. God is the beginging and the end the giver and the reciever the alpha and omega Everything that comes from him will go back to him.  Everything that is good or enlightened.

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2011, 10:58:03 PM »
Didnt the mayans have A King that said he was an angel and his son was too and it seemed right becuase he was giving all this information out that has been true to today. If you want to know about time go to the mayas.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2011, 11:00:41 PM »
. I do believe that God has put in people and angels throughout every culture.
\What you simply believe isn't going to mean anything to us unless you can show some evidence for this belief outside your holy book.

I believe the Buffalo Bills are a great time this year, but there's a good chance I am wrong (hopefully that can prove it to me they are good by making it to the playoffs. But what you simply believe wont convince skeptics unless you can prove that belief without circular reasoning.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:03:22 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Growth2012

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2011, 11:03:13 PM »
And Time what is time. Isnt when where you throw a ball in the air and how long it takes for it to hit the ground. So Randomness. There is no such thing. Its called seasons. A brick flys on the wall and sticks there every thousands of a time(this statistic is is not right but for the point). And that happens everytime. So that means every thousands of a time the brink will stick to the wall, its not randon like every thousands, then every millionth, then every hundred thousand. no every thousands.