Author Topic: "Finding Jesus"  (Read 4539 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: "Finding Jesus"
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2011, 08:42:58 AM »
ah, seeing that old list of "scientists" who are creationists is amusing as always.  People long dead who never saw the evidence we have now, people who are ignorant of anythign outside of their fields, etc.  The usual attempt by an ignorant creationist to create the illusion that their primitive superstition has anythign to do with science. 

Jtp, you are more than a little ridiculous.  I do love how you want to claim all of these people as on your "team" but I'm sure if you actually knew about each of these people rather than just spewing out a list that you stole without attribution (hmm, remember "thou shalt not steal"?)  you'd see that they aren't all that you imagine they are.   

Two gospels are eye witness accounts of Jesus.  Eyewitness accounts are evidence.
and more nonsense.  No, they aren't.  Repeating a lie doesn't make it come true, jtp.

The fossil record is evidence.  Evidence is a snap shot picture of past events to be analyzed and interpreted, not scientific method.
and we come to know what the fossil record means by the scientific method.  That is what shows your creation myth is just as much nonsense as any other creation myth.

Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.
No, Christianity is a religion.  No matter how much you don't like that word since Christians like you have shat all over it. 

By the way, Newton died an Alchemist.
He was an alchemist, so?  He also didn't seem to believe in the Trinity.  Like all Christians, he made up his own version to fit what he liked and didn't like.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2011, 04:13:14 PM »

No it is a methodolgy all right.

I rather disagree with this. However rather than engaging in an off-topic discussion that I have neither the time nor the interest in engaging in at the moment, how about I just rephrase it thusly and we call it even.

"Religion is a methodology in the same manner as decapitation is a headache cure."

Fair enough?
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2011, 11:56:35 PM »

No it is a methodolgy all right.

I rather disagree with this. However rather than engaging in an off-topic discussion that I have neither the time nor the interest in engaging in at the moment, how about I just rephrase it thusly and we call it even.

"Religion is a methodology in the same manner as decapitation is a headache cure."

Fair enough?

Not quite; Religion is a methodology in the same way phrenology is. A system that just makes unsupportable assumption and builds a school of thought around those unsupported assumptions. I thing you are giving some sort of moral gravitas to the word "methodology" The are loads of bad methodologies out there; ways of thinking and doings things that do not concern themselves with fact.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
jtp, it'd be nice if you returned to your threads and answered the questions posed and back up the claims that we'd shown to be false.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/