Author Topic: Karma Abuse by the Abusive  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
Karma Abuse by the Abusive
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:15:34 AM »
I suggest that anyone in a watched or otherwise negative status have their Karma privledges removed. Reveiw the Karma history of John 316 to see why this is a good idea.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
Re: Karma Abuse by the Abusive
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:25:39 AM »
Agreed.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline Anfauglir

• Professor
  • Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:22:13 AM »
I'd agree.  No idea if it is possible though!
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Anfauglir

• Professor
  • Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »
Just like to put it on record that I said that before John -1'd me....with the helpful comment "WTF!"  I didn't think Christians knew that word....
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 01:17:16 PM »
I add my agreement to this suggestion.  We know that, along with largely useless posts, we also have largely useless "darwin" points from those who are moderated for just that reason.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 02:23:58 PM »
I add my agreement to this suggestion.  We know that, along with largely useless posts, we also have largely useless "darwin" points from those who are moderated for just that reason.
Seriously, he gave Fishje a minus with the explanation "Tha" and "Who you calling Moron you useless moron"

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »
Curious. I seem to have one minus but I can't see it on the list of darwin points. I can see the positives though.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »
Curious. I seem to have one minus but I can't see it on the list of darwin points. I can see the positives though.

If you got it before they temporarily tried the other system, I don't think it shows up

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 04:56:08 PM »
John 3 16's last two negative Darwins he handed out were deleted because they were not descriptive enough, the negative points were removed from affected members. His Darwin privilege has been temporarily locked by the system.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 08:00:37 AM »
Thank you, Hal!

Offline ranger3

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 08:37:25 AM »
 Not really replying to this post just have a question or suggestion for web site. Has anyone ever done a study to see which god answers the most prayers? A logical person would guess that coincidence would make them all equally incompitant.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 08:41:30 AM »
Has anyone ever done a study to see which god answers the most prayers? A logical person would guess that coincidence would make them all equally incompitant.

Prayer success rate is exactly 0% when asking for something that doesn't happen without external influence
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Larissa238

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 02:13:07 PM »
What about having a minimum post count before being able to give karma? I know this would go against the lurkers, but wouldn't it help against someone coming in with no posts and just -1ing everyone?
On why Christians and non-Christians have the same rate of divorce:

He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family.

Offline helenecombs

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »
Sounds like you have a good argument.
"God Himself will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, mourning, crying or pain; for the old older of things has passed away." - Revelation 21:4

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »
Just like to put it on record that I said that before John -1'd me....with the helpful comment "WTF!"  I didn't think Christians knew that word....
Sarah Palin used it.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 08:59:43 PM »
Negative or 0 as a limiting factor.  20 posts.  Maybe as little as 15.

Sorry, HelenECombs, but under those conditions I'm saying  we don't know you well enough yet.  After you show us some wit and wisdom you will be permitted in the ranks of The Saints Who Judge Angels.[1]

1. 1 Corinthians 6

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »
I will hold my hands up and say mea culpa when it is justified, but to get a negative Darwin for this moronic reason
YourIQmustbeunder48doyouevenknowwhatcontraditionis?
from that limited protoplasm SERPENT KILLA regarding my post below, just pisses me off.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,20275.msg452397.html#msg452397

.....and what tool would you use to discern if it really was a message from your god?
Obviously you cannot just use faith or belief or feelings, as these have proven to be somewhat lacking in efficacy...

What tool do you use to discern the lack of veracity of their claims?
The bible

So you dismissed my whole post with this throwaway answer.

Could you please explain how the bible will work as a tool to show you it is god  telling you to cut your children's heads off (and not just you having a mental malfunction)?

How will the bible serve you any better than it served the poor deluded fools who did kill their children because they were told by god ?

I can safely call them poor deluded fools without being unjust to their beliefs for exactly the same reasons the whole of society called them "damaged goods"and put them out of society, because, they were mad, dangerous, and deluded.

Odd isn't it that society always judges these "heard the word of god" killers to be insane?

In all our modern history, not one of these people has been judged to be acting by divine decree. How does that work for you?
Why has there not been at least one "Abraham" who killed their kids and is everywhere lauded for their "faith"?

How can society (a predominately theist society) presume to judge whether your "unknowable" god decreed this behaviour or not?
And what is the likelihood, that in all the "did it cause god told me to" cases, every single one has been judged insane?

I'll tell you why.

It is the greatest single lie on this planet today.

Most people in society, deep down doubt that there really is a god.
They maintain the fiction of their belief for all sorts of reasons, but when it comes to the real crunch, their real lack of conviction always betrays them.

Society would like living in an asylum, if random demented harpies and brain-seizured patriarchs were given the latitude to act on their idiotic
"god told me to kill my family and my neighbour and the weathergirl" mental breakdowns without some rational force restraining them.
Unfortunately for their victims (for whom it is often too late), society deems these 'god-hearers" to be broken, and to be put away somewhere where they might mend, or at least where they can harm no one else.
And society never even considers that god may have told them to do it, because (at least subconsciously) society knows there is no gods, and always follows this knowledge when it counts.

So to back up your claim that the bible would be your tool of choice to verify that it is god telling you to kill your kids, if you can please show me in the bible the section concerned with determining whether it is god telling you to kill your kids, or whether it is your own internal dysfunction, I would be very grateful.

I would also wonder why the bible failed every other "sad, bad and mad" deluded family slaying fool before you?
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »
omg.  this is grotesque. 
User MAX applauding other users   screwtape [147]
User MAX smiting other users         Omen [50]

what the flip is wrong with me? 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.