Author Topic: Skepticon IV, November 19th & 20th, 2011, Springfield Missouri  (Read 680 times)

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +454/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
Is anyone here planning to go to Skepticon this year?  I am.  :)  Maybe a WWGHA meetup could be arranged?

Edit: More info:  Their website  The
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:43:37 PM by kcrady »
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
Re: Skepticon IV, November 19th & 20th, 2011, Springfield Missouri
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »
Is anyone here planning to go to Skepticon this year?  I am.  :)  Maybe a WWGHA meetup could be arranged?

I'd like to, but I don't know whether I'm going to be able to.  I live in the Metro DC area and am currently unemployed.  I have few concerns about finding a new job -- I am fortunate enough to have a particular skillset that is, weirdly, both scarce and in high demand, so I get cold calls from recruiters a lot and expect to have another job soon.  However, as regards taking the time off, working the finances to travel, and so forth, I'm not sure whether I'll be able to swing it.

I hope I'll be able to.  You know, with all the other speakers and everyone who's going to be there, the person that I'm most interested in meeting is actually you.   :D
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +454/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:34:37 AM »
Really?  Thanks!  I hope you'll be there!  If there's going to be some WWGHA people there, we'll have to come up with some buttons or a secret handshake or something we can use to identify each other. ;)
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 02:07:29 PM »
It would be about a 5 hour drive for me, so not too bad.  I'll have to see if I can get a friend or two and some gas/hotel money together.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson