Author Topic: Skepticon IV, November 19th & 20th, 2011, Springfield Missouri  (Read 626 times)

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +380/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
I was at Skepticon II a couple years ago, got to hang out with some really cool people like Robert M. Price, P.Z. Myers, Richard Carrier, and Rebecca Watson.  Their website  The speakers' list for this year!  I plan to go this year.  Is anyone else here going?
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline relativetruth

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
Re: Skepticon IV, November 19th & 20th, 2011, Springfield Missouri
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:58:27 PM »
When is Skepticon coming to the UK?
God(s) exist and are imaginary

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
Re: Skepticon IV, November 19th & 20th, 2011, Springfield Missouri
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 02:01:05 PM »
When is Skepticon coming to the UK?

Don't know for sure.  You'd probably have to check with the organizers.  I know that one of the main people behind it is JT Eberhard.  You could ask him (although I don't know whether he'd have time to respond).

My guess would be that it won't be for a while.  Skepticon is one of the younger conventions in the atheist/skepticism movement and will probably need to make a "name" for itself in the states before it can consider becoming an international event.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn