Author Topic: Biblical Contradictions - Strength not Weakness!  (Read 2735 times)

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
Re: Biblical Contradictions - Strength not Weakness!
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 03:15:48 PM »
So, it was another empty post... nothing new.

This has devolved into you acting like a petty child on an elementary school playground. You need to act like an adult and answer why you think dark matter=heaven. One wikipedia link from another thread does not make an argument.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline Revival

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 03:20:50 PM »
Well, because it's bigger than everything in existence, because I think "it's possible", that's all, not saying it is like that, just saying there is a lot we dont know, so... where does God lives? = maybe there, I dont know, I dont have to know, so, if you're looking for someone with all the answers, you will waste your whole life and never find that person because it doesn't exist.

However, I think you should "doubt" about what you think you "know". If you cannot change my mind, not even with the help of everyone in this forum, that's because you dont have solid evidence either, and on that matter you should doubt, otherwise, you're acting like a fanatic.

Online One Above All

• Professor
  • Darwins +224/-30
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 03:21:29 PM »
Well, because it's bigger than everything in existence

A few minutes ago you said god WAS everything in existence. How can something be bigger than itself?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 03:25:39 PM »
Well, because it's bigger than everything in existence, because I think "it's possible", that's all, not saying it is like that, just saying there is a lot we dont know, so... where does God lives? = maybe there, I dont know, I dont have to know, so, if you're looking for someone with all the answers, you will waste your whole life and never find that person because it doesn't exist.

"Possible" could apply to anything, meaning your argument could imply that hell and heaven are one and the same, therefore it is illogical. And yes, you DO have to know if you are going to make a claim, otherwise it is a baseless or unfounded claim.

However, I think you should "doubt" about what you think you "know". If you cannot change my mind, not even with the help of everyone in this forum, that's because you dont have solid evidence either, and on that matter you should doubt, otherwise, you're acting like a fanatic.

Again, projection of your feelings onto me. I will repeat myself: I can't change your mind because you are irrational.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 11:06:06 PM »
No, but I had terminal cancer 7 year ago and got healed by God.
god made everything
god gave you cancer   

did you pray to be healed?
If no, then how can you say god healed you?

If yes, then what arrogance you believers show to try to change a divine plan.

Or doesn't god have a plan?

Perhaps it's all random like there really isn't a god?

And if god does have a plan, does he ever make mistakes?
If no, then how come he cured you of cancer? and the endless god's plan readjustments that all answered prayers indicate.

If yes, .........then he's not a god.

so Revival your evidence free claim of god's miraculous intervention in your supposed terminal cancer is really rather pathetic isn't it?

perhaps you should pray for your god to change the universe again (as he did in your cancer cure) so as he doesn't create so many glaring inconsistencies that leave no option to rational thinking human but to deny there is the slightest evidence of any god.

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »

Unfortunately, for us and for you, we do have solid evidence but that never stopped anyone from not believing it.  It takes a very long time to get through to people who have wrapped up all of their self-worth in the belief that something magical cares for them and only them and that obeys their every whim of a "prayer".

You claim tht you were healed of cancer by your god.  Well, how about showing your medical records before and and after.  Show us that you had no chemotherapy or radiation therapy or surgery or simple natural remission and that your god and *only* your god did anything.  Then you can explain why your god doesn't heal everyone of cancer who prays for healing.  Why are there so many children who die of cancer or of starvation, or of having worms in their bodies?  Do  you think that they do not pray for healing, that their parents don't pray?  Or do you retreat to a common Christian bit of nonsense, that they didn't pray "right" or "sincerely" enough or that your god is using them to teach or, worse yet, punish someone else's "sins"? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »
Revival is a fake. (S)he is really CARZ. This person wasted our time. Check this out:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,20014.0.html

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2011, 01:12:15 PM »
oh my, how pitiful ;D  claims of writing a book and everything.   it's like he read a book "how to be pathetic on the internets"   ;D
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/