Author Topic: Modern atheists are turning atheism into the epitome of all that is evil.  (Read 13717 times)

Offline Disciple of Christ

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "The LORD is my shepherd." - Psalm 23
1.) Atheists can challenge God on healing amputees until the day they die. But one thing they fail to recognize is. Jesus said, “God shall not be tested!”

2.) The question is a direct order to God. "Why won't you heal amputees?" That is testing God, and that is a punishable sin! Therefore, more than likely he is ignoring your request. When Jesus used the word "Shall" he was being very strict about God and his laws. Why do atheists feel they are any different?

Atheism originated in the guts of Hell.

3.) Not only do atheists disbelieve in God, but they feel as an unbeliever they have to go one step further, and they start marches, groups, forums, bulletin boards, protestings, and some of them even go to the extremes and build websites that reject God and his Word. (See; "Why won't God heal amputees.")

I can prove the Christian God exists; Actually, atheists are proving God exists more than the average Christian believer. Here let me explain;

4.) When atheists deny or reject God. You will notice 99.99% of the time they reject and deny the Christian Bible God. www.adherents.com (There are well over fifty known gods in the world)

5.) But the atheists will reply, “We reject the Christian God because we have to live in a Christian society!” Well, let me refute that statement. What about Europe? Christianity is declining and it’s becoming scarce, but yet, the atheists from Europe still build and create websites that slander, bash, insult and ridicule the Christian God. So, atheists, now what’s your excuse for always denying the Christian God? Didn’t Allah just order 19 of his believers to hijack four airplanes to cause fire and chaos upon the world? Gee, Why don’t atheists create websites that slander such a vicious and evil god?

I can define atheism from a neurological point of view.

Rebellion; Anger; Extreme hatred; And who was rebellious towards the Christian God? Satan! And who is Godless? Satan! And who was foretold he would stray mankind away from God in the final days? Satan! Who has total hatred for God? Satan! Who is angry at God for casting him out of Heaven? Satan! Are we living in the last days? Turn on any news report, and more than likely you will see an end times prophecy unfolding. Did God say atheism would increase in the final days? Yes he did. 2 Peter 3:3-4

I’m sure atheists look real smart by placing their fingers in both ears while they shut their eyes screaming, “la la la, I’m not listening to you.. I don’t believe you, amputated limbs do not regrow, therefore God doesn't exist, la la la!!” Do you know how unstable and childish that argument becomes?

But back to the main subject. An amputated limb is certainly not the worst thing that can happen to man. God considers life more precious than a severed body limb. I would amputate both legs before I would walk away from God.

God's omniscient mind knew mankind would be asking this question even before he created us. Gaining trust and faith in God is going to take more than a silly question. We are nothing but a tiny speck of dust compared to God. Do you know how silly atheists look by asking such a miniscule question to a supreme being?

I have scoured the internet on "Why won't God heal amputees." And it's funny because this question is only asked by atheists and skeptics. This is in comparison to a group of Hindus asking, "Why won't Allah cure cancer?" The Hindus do not believe in Allah, so why would they ask such a nonsensical question to a being they believe is non-existent? The Hindus are not going to ask this question to challenge the Islamic god. And same with the Christians.. We are not going to ask, "Why won't Thor heal amputees?" BECAUSE WE DON'T BELIEVE THOR EXISTS!! So.. how can any sensible brain ask a question to a non-existent being?

I'm still searching online for website from atheists, "Why won't Allah heal amputees?" or "Why won't Thor heal amputees?" Hell, I'll even accept "Why won't Zeus heal amputees?" But no such results exist on the information super highway. Can someone give me the link? Or do you guys think only Yahweh is capable of healing amputees? Because when atheists ask "Why won't God heal amputees?" You are giving us the idea that he can, but he won't.

Conclusion; I don't think very much intelligence went into this question before this website was designed.

Luke 7:22 - "Go on your way, and tell John what things you have seen and heard; How that the Blind see, the Lame have walked, the Lepers are cleansed, the Deaf hear, the Dead are raised, to the Poor the Gospel is preached." - Jesus Christ 33 A.D.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
Heh...having a bad day, DoC? 

You do realise that the "WWGHA?" question has little or nothing to do with amputation per se, don't you?

Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
1.) Atheists can challenge God on healing amputees until the day they die. But one thing they fail to recognize is. Jesus said, “God shall not be tested!”

Then why did he answer Elijah when he issued the challenge to call fire down from heaven? Can we test your god if we are trying to make followers of another god look bad?

2.) The question is a direct order to God. "Why won't you heal amputees?" That is testing God, and that is a punishable sin! Therefore, more than likely he is ignoring your request. When Jesus used the word "Shall" he was being very strict about God and his laws. Why do atheists feel they are any different?

Actually, we are not asking your god anything. We are asking you why he won't do so many different things. Healing amputees is but one thing we wonder about. There are many incurable diseases that man is working on via science and medicine. Prior to this, man through the same channels has found cures for other things thought to be incurable before. No god seemed willing to help with the cause.

So in essence, we are simply asking Christians why their god seems to have fled after the bible events were written.

Atheism originated in the guts of Hell.

Where is the "guts of hell"?

3.) Not only do atheists disbelieve in God, but they feel as an unbeliever they have to go one step further, and they start marches, groups, forums, bulletin boards, protestings, and some of them even go to the extremes and build websites that reject God and his Word. (See; "Why won't God heal amputees.")

Christians start marches, forums, bulletin boards, protests, etc. too. Should atheists be denied the same freedoms just because you disagree with them?

I can prove the Christian God exists; Actually, atheists are proving God exists more than the average Christian believer. Here let me explain;

Good luck with that. You'd be the first to do so.

4.) When atheists deny or reject God. You will notice 99.99% of the time they reject and deny the Christian Bible God. www.adherents.com (There are well over fifty known gods in the world)

That is because Christianity is the largest religion in the world, and its adherents wish to change public policies to fit their beliefs. Some people do not want your beliefs as public policy. It has nothing to do with any god -- instead, it is about the followers of this god and the book they all use as their guide (with different interpretations nevertheless).

5.) But the atheists will reply, “We reject the Christian God because we have to live in a Christian society!” Well, let me refute that statement. What about Europe? Christianity is declining and it’s becoming scarce, but yet, the atheists from Europe still build and create websites that slander, bash, insult and ridicule the Christian God. So, atheists, now what’s your excuse for always denying the Christian God? Didn’t Allah just order 19 of his believers to hijack four airplanes to cause fire and chaos upon the world? Gee, Why don’t atheists create websites that slander such a vicious and evil god?

Perhaps they have those Christians on the run and want to finish the job. 

As to going after Muslims, we see that Christians are doing that already. You guys supposedly have the same god, yet you are at each other like Cain and Abel.

Rebellion; Anger; Extreme hatred; And who was rebellious towards the Christian God? Satan! And who is Godless? Satan! And who was foretold he would stray mankind away from God in the final days? Satan! Who has total hatred for God? Satan! Who is angry at God for casting him out of Heaven? Satan! Are we living in the last days? Turn on any news report, and more than likely you will see an end times prophecy unfolding. Did God say atheism would increase in the final days? Yes he did. 2 Peter 3:3-4

Read the mailbag lately? You'll find some of the worst trash coming from so called Christians that makes even atheists blush. What's their excuse?

As to the 2 Peter passage, people have been scoffing at Christians since Jesus died. Nothing new there. Just like people have said we are in the end times. Even Paul hinted at that.

I’m sure atheists look real smart by placing their fingers in both ears while they shut their eyes screaming, “la la la, I’m not listening to you.. I don’t believe you, amputated limbs do not regrow, therefore God doesn't exist, la la la!!” Do you know how unstable and childish that argument becomes?

Hahaha, its typically Christians who have the fingers in their ears and hands over their eyes when speaking to atheists. I've rarely seen am atheist back down from a theist. Theists only have invisible "evidence" to work with while atheists normally use science, which continues to be updated. Unlike ancient tomes about religion.

But back to the main subject. An amputated limb is certainly not the worst thing that can happen to man. God considers life more precious than a severed body limb. I would amputate both legs before I would walk away from God.

Or gouge out and eye or cut off a hand?

God's omniscient mind knew mankind would be asking this question even before he created us. Gaining trust and faith in God is going to take more than a silly question. We are nothing but a tiny speck of dust compared to God. Do you know how silly atheists look by asking such a miniscule question to a supreme being?

So this omniscient god decided that he would use various religious texts written in backwater locations of the world to prove his reality? Good plan!

I have scoured the internet on "Why won't God heal amputees." And it's funny because this question is only asked by atheists and skeptics. This is in comparison to a group of Hindus asking, "Why won't Allah cure cancer?" The Hindus do not believe in Allah, so why would they ask such a nonsensical question to a being they believe is non-existent? The Hindus are not going to ask this question to challenge the Islamic god. And same with the Christians.. We are not going to ask, "Why won't Thor heal amputees?" BECAUSE WE DON'T BELIEVE THOR EXISTS!! So.. how can any sensible brain ask a question to a non-existent being?

I don't recall the Koran making promises that Allah would answer prayers for anything the person asked. So its the book and its followers we are challenging, not some supposed god.

I'm still searching online for website from atheists, "Why won't Allah heal amputees?" or "Why won't Thor heal amputees?" Hell, I'll even accept "Why won't Zeus heal amputees?" But no such results exist on the information super highway. Can someone give me the link? Or do you guys think only Yahweh is capable of healing amputees? Because when atheists ask "Why won't God heal amputees?" You are giving us the idea that he can, but he won't.

None of those gods made promises to answer prayers. Your holy book has Jesus doing so on several occasions.

Conclusion; I don't think very much intelligence went into this question before this website was designed.

Faulty conclusion.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline spetznatz

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • It's all Bollocks...
    • Architectural Visualisation
(my emphasis)

And you want to impugn people's intelligence after making statements like that?
http://vizarch.blogspot.com  
"Trifles, light as air, are to the zealous confirmation strong as proofs of holy writ."

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
What a nice piece of text from a stereotypical theist that thinks that all atheist are pieces of satanic garbage.  Credibility and power of the post.... none what so ever.  Just the ranting of a pissed off, disturbed, and annoyed theist.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:11:37 AM by Irish »
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
What a next piece of text from a stereotypical theist that thinks that all atheist are pieces of satanic garbage.  Credibility and power of the post.... none what so ever.  Just the ranting of a pissed off, disturbed, and annoyedannoying theist.

Changed for clarity.

Offline Asmoday

• Reader
  • Darwins +14/-0
If you read through the bible, you will find more than one example, where god is tested and he answers (Baal vs. biblegod). Go figure!

So even if we assume that god does not listen to atheists, then what about theists? Why hasn´t god performed even a single non-ambiguous healing of a theist or a person, for whom a theist honestly prayed? Remember, jesus promised that every prayer will be answered if there is even the tiniest shred of faith in the person, who prays.

You make it sound like that´s a bad thing. Just for your information, even if you don´t like it, we have the same rights as theists. What makes you think, we should silently sit in a corner while theists spew forth hatred and try to impose their rules even on those people, who do not believe in their imaginary friend?
"Not only do theists believe in an imaginary being, but they feel as a believer they have to go one step further, and they start marches, groups, forums, bulletin boards, protestings, and some of them even go to the extremes and kill innocent people, who do not want to share their delusions."

When atheists deny or reject God. You will notice 99.99% of the time they reject and deny the Christian Bible God.
I will go one step further and add the last 0,01%, too. An "atheist", who does not reject god, is not an atheist. And with that comes a rejection of all other gods aswell. An "atheist", who says "Biblegod does not exist, but Thor/Zeus/Allah/Xenu does." is not an atheist. Please look at the definition of "atheist" again.
But since we live in the western world, which is dominated by christians, most atheists will give examples, why biblegod does not exist, because the local theists will debate with them over the existence of biblegod alone, since the christians themselves do not believe in the other gods. So they would shoot themselves in the knees, if they would try to prove to an atheist, that Thor/Zeus/Xenu/Allah exists.

What about Europe? Christianity is declining and it’s becoming scarce, but yet, the atheists from Europe still build and create websites that slander, bash, insult and ridicule the Christian God. So, atheists, now what’s your excuse for always denying the Christian God? Didn’t Allah just order 19 of his believers to hijack four airplanes to cause fire and chaos upon the world? Gee, Why don’t atheists create websites that slander such a vicious and evil god?
I live in europe and it is true, that christianity is declining, but that does not mean, that it is near death as you would like to portray it to strengthen your argument. Churches still have alot of influence and the amount of christian nutjobs and fundamentalists is increasing not decreasing.
But even with christianity on an all time low, we would be foolish to just stop speaking up against it. Just because there are less theists around does not mean the religion itself and the ideas, that come with it, are less ridiculous/dangerous.

If you would open your eyes, you would see, that there are lots of people giving proof, that allah does not exist. But the predominant religion in the west is christianity. If we say "Allah does not exist." the overwhelming majority will say "Yeah, that´s right. Stupid muslims, beliving in something that does not exist." and after that they go to church and pray to biblegod. So the best chance for atheists in the western world to stop that madness, is to get rid of biblegod first.

And if you ask, why you don´t see as much atheists in muslim countries as you see in christian countries, there´s a very simple answer to that: If you know, that you´ll lose your own head and your family might be killed aswell if you say, you don´t believe in allah, than the majority will keep silent about their disbelief. Just like in the past in the western worl, when stating your disbelief in god would lead to your death or imprisonment or to social distance. Your life was just over.

Rebellion; Anger; Extreme hatred
I would attribute the same feeling to a lot of "good" christians aswell. You can see those attributes in some members of every group of people, who share an idea. But you generalize and say that every atheist is like that, when in reality it´s just a tiny minority. What you mistake for "Rebellion; Anger; Extreme hatred" is when atheists "dare" to speak up, when theists try to push them around.
How can atheists dare to insist on having the same rights as theists! Preposterous!

"I’m sure theists look real smart by placing their fingers in both ears while they shut their eyes screaming, “la la la, I’m not listening to you.. I don’t believe you, science is wrong, there are no errors in the bible, you will all burn in hell...god loves you  la la la!!” Do you know how unstable and childish that argument becomes?"

I wont even touch the "omniscient"-dilemma because that would just derail the thread. Apart from that, if we really are "a tiny speck of dust compared to god", I don´t see where the problem is. If it´s a "miniscule question to a supreme being" we should see god healing people everywhere. I am not even talking about atheists. The number of non-ambiguous healings of believers should be uncountable by now. If asking for restoration of a severed limb is a "miniscule question", I can´t even imagine what questions like "God, help me find a parking slot" or "God, please help me find my car keys." are. So if god fullfils those request (since lots of christians claim he does) then regrowing a little bit of flesh and bones shouldn´t be a problem, right? We should see atleast it a few times per week, right? If it really is a miniscule thing for the "supreme being"...

You are right, we (christian and atheists alike) don´t believe in Thor and I guess you also don´t believe in Vishnu, Zeus, Allah, Xenu, Ra, the rainbow serpent and lots of other gods. But you do believe in biblegod. The question "Why won´t Thor heal amputees?" does not come up, because you see Thor is a fiction, a myth made by primitive men. But you violently deny to be asked the same question about your own "god". You would have no problem to go to a believer of Zeus and ask him the question, "Why won´t Zeus heal amputees?", yet you cling to the bible and throw paragraph after paragraph of scripture to show why your own "god" should not be held to the same standards as other "gods", if someone asks you "Why won´t biblegod heal amputees?".
Fun fact: Christian missionaries often destroyed "heathen" sanctuaries to show that those gods are non-existant. The question "Why won´t XXX heal amputees?" does just the same but without destroying buildings, sanctuaries or books.

AFAIK there is no such site, but there are lots of sites out there, that deal with islam and other gods in general. To ask "Why won't God heal amputees?" is just one of many ways, to dismantle the "sanctuary" inside your head, that binds you.

Sorry, but your attempt to argue against the question was rather poor performance.
Absilio Mundus!

I can do no wrong. For I do not know what it is.

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
I think it's funny to watch his impotent god sputter in fury.  You see, all we have to do is demand that God do something, then he must stop doing it.  By demanding he heal amputees, he stops.  That's hilarious.  To think, a bunch of human atheists can thwart the will of the omnipotent creator of the universe.  He wants to heal amputees, but he can't, because we're watching.  Ha ha.  Fuck you, God.  You're my bitch now.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-31
God, I demand that you support John McCain and Sarah Palin.  Make them win.

(chuckle)
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
I think we should hold him hostage.  God, I demand that you continue answering prayers.  There.  Now, he can't answer prayers until I release him, which I will not do until I receive one billion dollars.  Moo hoo ha!

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
Re: Modern atheists are turning atheism into the epitome of all that is evil.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 11:56:06 AM »
Hmmm, if the above is the case, perhaps someone said long ago "God, continue to exist".

POOF!

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 11:56:50 AM »
Actually, we came up with this idea a while back.  Incarnadine and I are going to split $10 billion 50-50.

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 04:20:07 PM »
What a nice piece of text from a stereotypical theist that thinks that all atheist are pieces of satanic garbage.  Credibility and power of the post.... none what so ever.  Just the ranting of a pissed off, disturbed, and annoyed theist.

NO! I did not say "all atheists are satanic pieces of garbage." However, I did say that "some atheists are evil, and they are proving evil exists each and every time they create another website or write another book about the Christian God." If atheists disbelieve in the Christian God, then that is their choice, but what I call "evil" is when these particular atheists design websites that slander the name of the Christian God. Atheists are becoming more and more vulgar and ignorant towards God more than they don't believe. I mean, seriously, read 99.99% of these posts/threads in this website. They all discuss the Christian God. Now, I know most of you are ex-Christians, and now you feel the need to rebel against God. It's all been done before, but the people who walked away from God usually end up being in a relationship with him again sooner or later.

The top 10 reasons why atheism is evil;

1.) Atheism - No belief in a supernatural deity.
2.) Atheists log online and talk about a supernatural deity on an average of 4 days per week.
3.) Atheists design websites that insult only the Christian Bible God.
4.) Atheists use Christianity when rejecting God.
5.) Atheistic websites claim "the Bible contains many problems" - but these same atheist websites refuse to reveal the answer. Why are they trying to make the world see the problems without revealing the answer(s)?
6.) Atheists claim "Christianity is a bloody and violent religion" - but these same atheists will refuse to slander, insult, bash and ridicule Islam and Allah for the attacks on America on 9-11-01.
7.) Atheists refuse to see the danger Islam poses on the modern world - but these same atheists will still remind modern Christians of the Crusades that happened hundreds of years ago.
8.) Atheists are now creating billboards and signs on the sides of buses and trucks that say, "God is not there."
9.) Satan is the one who is responsible for the evil and corruption that was brought onto the world through the fall of man, but atheists never bash or insult Satan for this deceiving act.
10.) Osama bin Laden is calling all Islamic militants for Allah to create a "global fireball" upon the world - is there a reason why atheists are not bringing this to the attention of atheistic forums? but if this was a Christian that was calling for all followers of Christ to set the world on fire - atheist websites would be overflowing with insults towards the Christian God and religion.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:32:18 PM by Disciple of Christ »
Luke 7:22 - "Go on your way, and tell John what things you have seen and heard; How that the Blind see, the Lame have walked, the Lepers are cleansed, the Deaf hear, the Dead are raised, to the Poor the Gospel is preached." - Jesus Christ 33 A.D.

Offline Deus ex Machina

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-3
  • non-cdesign-proponentsist
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 05:01:30 PM »
Hi DoC,

I'm tempted to take a look at your top 10 list and provide a critique, if you don't mind.

Can't see why that does more harm than good. Here in the UK, most people don't believe in a personal God, and we haven't fallen into some horrible abyss as yet. The figure's even higher in places like Sweden.

2.) Atheists log online and talk about a supernatural deity on an average of 4 days per week.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I spend a lot of time online - partly, part of my job involves being online anyway, and partly, I like to read and discuss stuff that comes under the heading of "big questions". (The definition of this varies from time to time. Lately, I've been spending a lot of time on fivethirtyeight.com, CNN and MSNBC, because I'm also an election junkie, and your Presidential election is the most important one going on right now.) Much of the time I am happy to stick with discussions about evolution vs. creationism, because that's where I consider the primary issue to be, in the country in which this website is hosted: the education of children. (And adults who are as scientifically naive as children.) Not least because engagement in those discussions has encouraged me to learn an awful lot more about biology than I ever did at school (I dropped biology at 16 in favour of chemistry and physics), and it's inspired in me a new-found fascination with the subject. Much of the rest of the time I'll call people out on assertions or arguments that look dodgy, or expound on my own views if people ask for them, or correct other people's misconceptions (at least, as I see them) when they make sweeping generalizations about atheists.

Most English-speaking ones do, perhaps, but that's mainly because Christianity happens to be the dominant belief-system in English-speaking countries. But again, it's not universally true that all the websites out there are targeted at Christianity; if you look at the Council of ex-Muslims of Britain website, or Faith Freedom International, for instance, there you'll find atheists who use Islam when rejecting God. If you go beyond English-speaking sites, you'll find sites such as this one in Turkey. (Don't ask me what it says in detail; I can't find a Turkish-English online auto-translator.) And then of course there are the videos of Pat Condell, a British comedian who is as happy to slug it out with Islam as much as Christianity.

5.) Atheistic websites claim "the Bible contains many problems" - but these same atheist websites refuse to reveal the answer. Why are they trying to make the world see the problems without revealing the answer(s)?

There are several websites that attempt to do this (with varying degrees of success, I'll grant). evilbible.com and skepticsannotatedbible.com are two that spring to mind. Why aren't there more? Well, no point in duplicating effort, even if some of these 'annotations' could be considered a bit lame. But then, any site trying to cover and provide an exhaustive critique of all 66 books of the Bible has its work cut out for it. It's a big set of books. Such undertakings generally require a fair amount of collaborative effort, because (despite your suggestion in 2. above) not too many atheists are actually prepared to spend huge amounts of free time poring over the scripts and giving a single coherent account of precisely what they think is wrong with all the statements in a given sacred text that they find objectionable - and while a collaborative effort is fine if you're all singing from the same hymn-sheet, so to speak, when you're attempting to herd a bunch of cats, it doesn't work so well, and such efforts often end up looking a bit of a mess.

6.) Atheists claim "Christianity is a bloody and violent religion" - but these same atheists will refuse to slander, insult, bash and ridicule Islam and Allah for the attacks on America on 9-11-01.
7.) Atheists refuse to see the danger Islam poses on the modern world - but these same atheists will still remind modern Christians of the Crusades that happened hundreds of years ago.
10.) Osama bin Laden is calling all Islamic militant for Allah to create a "global fireball" upon the world - is there a reason why atheists are not bringing this to the attention of atheistic forums? but if this was a Christian that was calling for all followers of Christ to set the world on fire - atheist websites would be overflowing with insults towards the Christian God and religion.

If you think this, I can only assume that you haven't been paying attention. On another board I visit, Digital Spy Forums (UK), there are at least two or three threads per week in the General Discussion area slagging off Islam in some respect or other. (Within certain limits, given the restrictions on what you're allowed to say in that particular forum.)

Or if you want something closer to home, check out the various exchanges with the Muslim residents of this board, or some of the other sites to which I've linked here. Granted, there's not much on this site about Islam, but that's to be expected given that there are very few Muslims who visit this site, and what people can say about it will be limited by their level of experience with, and exposure to, those ideas. For instance, I might think that the traditional beliefs of the Yoruba are just as silly, non-evidential and bogus as those of the Christians, but since I don't know any Yoruba people at all and I know next to nothing about their religion, it's not a subject that crops up.

8.) Atheists are now creating billboard and signs on the sides of buses and trucks that say, "God is not there."

I don't see why one would see that as a bad thing.

9.) Satan is the one who is responsible for the evil and corruption that was brought onto the world through the fall of man, but atheists never bash or insult Satan for this deceiving act.

Well, this one's just silly, really. As far as atheists are concerned, Satan is just another entity in your "pantheon", and therefore just as imaginary as Jahweh - and not one that you worship. As such, there's no point in taking pot-shots at it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 05:04:34 PM by Deus ex Machina »
No day in which you learn something is wasted.

Offline Goodkat

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • A man's delusion is insanity, a nation's, religion
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 05:14:38 PM »

That does not make one evil
Belief in the supernatural deity causes problems for the atheists
Christianity is the largest religion in the world, and thus requires the most attention
Many atheists deconverted from Christianity, and Christianity is the largest religion in the world, and thus requires the most attention
The "answers" to the contradictions are inadequate
Not true, I make it my personal business to insult, bash, and ridicule Islam at every given opportunity
Not true, I despise Islam and see it as a massive threat to humanity
8.) Atheists are now creating billboards and signs on the sides of buses and trucks that say, "God is not there."
Well there isn't any reason to think He is.
In the Bible, Satan is ultimately a puppet of God, because God created him, knowing what he would do
10.) Osama bin Laden is calling all Islamic militants for Allah to create a "global fireball" upon the world - is there a reason why atheists are not bringing this to the attention of atheistic forums? but if this was a Christian that was calling for all followers of Christ to set the world on fire - atheist websites would be overflowing with insults towards the Christian God and religion.
We expect to hear such things from insane Islamic extremists, to them, such speech is acceptable.

Offline I KILLED JEBUS

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Beware of the Army of the 12 monkeys
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 05:40:54 PM »
And lets not forget(all religions) in the world dont argue about wether or not there are other supernatural dietys and dont convienently claim that theres is the one true god AND THATS MINE  like christianity does
Bow down my hairy children and behold the world I have laid out for you,walk away from your electronic devices and listen to the sounds of nature. Tear from you the ties that bind you to your pathetic existance,walk back into the woods with me and we shall feast on the bounty I have left
Sasquatch

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 05:45:47 PM »

Christianity is the largest religion in the world, and thus requires the most attention
Many atheists deconverted from Christianity, and Christianity is the largest religion in the world, and thus requires the most attention
Not true, I make it my personal business to insult, bash, and ridicule Islam at every given opportunity
In the Bible, Satan is ultimately a puppet of God, because God created him, knowing what he would do
We expect to hear such things from insane Islamic extremists, to them, such speech is acceptable.

You claim "Christianity is the largest religion in the world" but other atheists will tell me the majority of the world does not believe in Christianity. So therefore, you only use the "Christianity is the world's most dominate religion" when it suits your argument?

I agree,
Not believing in God does not make someone "evil" - However, when that person who does not believe in God discusses him on an average of 4 days per week. it makes me wonder if these people are really just anti-Christian?

If atheists do not believe in all gods and religions. Then why must they target only the Christian God? What are the odds of a billboard being created that reads, "Thor isn't there" or "Allah isn't there" appearing on a bus in London in the near future? Highly doubtful indeed! I will guarantee money on it! The world is out to condemn Christianity, and that is the bottom line.

You claim you make it your personal business to insult Islam at every chance. Would you mind sending me a few links on how you bash, insult and ridicule Islam?

You also claim Islam is a huge threat to the world - but you would dare to create a website condemning Islam. (If you have, could you supply the link?)

You claim "Satan is the puppet of God." That statement is untrue. Satan corrupted the minds of Adam & Eve into thinking "evil was good" - Satan is the mastermind behind all that is wicked. He strayed man away from God in the Garden of Eden, and he's doing it again in the modern generations. (See; Atheism, Skepticism, Agnosticism and Anti-Christianity.)

You claim the answers to Biblical problems are inadequate - even if this statement were true. why wouldn't the owner of the atheist website reveal the answers and let their audience choose for themself? Hmm? Are you starting to see how atheism is working for the hands of Satan? Satan is saying "here, look at all of these errors in God's Holy book. how could an omniscient mind inspire such a book full of contradictions?" - but if you goto your library or any Christian apologetic website, they reveal logical answers to supposed Bible problems.

I think I have covered about all of your arguments. And to be honest, you have made me realize more than ever that Satan is behind atheism.

Thanks!

Offline I KILLED JEBUS

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Beware of the Army of the 12 monkeys
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 05:49:01 PM »

You claim "Christianity is the largest religion in the world" but other atheists will tell me the majority of the world does not believe in Christianity. So therefore, you only use the "Christianity is the world's most dominate religion" when it suits your argument?

I agree,
Not believing in God does not make someone "evil" - However, when that person who does not believe in God discusses him on an average of 4 days per week. it makes me wonder if these people are really just anti-Christian?

If atheists do not believe in all gods and religions. Then why must they target only the Christian God? What are the odds of a billboard being created that reads, "Thor isn't there" or "Allah isn't there" appearing on a bus in London in the near future? Highly doubtful indeed! I will guarantee money on it! The world is out to condemn Christianity, and that is the bottom line.

You claim you make it your personal business to insult Islam at every chance. Would you mind sending me a few links on how you bash, insult and ridicule Islam?

You also claim Islam is a huge threat to the world - but you would dare to create a website condemning Islam. (If you have, could you supply the link?)

You claim "Satan is the puppet of God." That statement is untrue. Satan corrupted the minds of Adam & Eve into thinking "evil was good" - Satan is the mastermind behind all that is wicked. He strayed man away from God in the Garden of Eden, and he's doing it again in the modern generations. (See; Atheism, Skepticism, Agnosticism and Anti-Christianity.)

You claim the answers to Biblical problems are inadequate - even if this statement were true. why wouldn't the owner of the atheist website reveal the answers and let their audience choose for themself? Hmm? Are you starting to see how atheism is working for the hands of Satan? Satan is saying "here, look at all of these errors in God's Holy book. how could an omniscient mind inspire such a book full of contradictions?" - but if you goto your library or any Christian apologetic website, they reveal logical answers to supposed Bible problems.

I think I have covered about all of your arguments. And to be honest, you have made me realize more than ever that Satan is behind atheism.

Thanks!

yes I have asked this question before why do the christians dismiss all other gods? shouldnt the proof you use to disprove other gods also be applied to your own god? prove to me the other gods dont exist then lets talk about yours
Bow down my hairy children and behold the world I have laid out for you,walk away from your electronic devices and listen to the sounds of nature. Tear from you the ties that bind you to your pathetic existance,walk back into the woods with me and we shall feast on the bounty I have left
Sasquatch

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 05:55:58 PM »

The top 10 reasons why Theism is evil

1.) Theism - Belief in a supernatural deity.
2.) Theists log online and talk about a supernatural deity on an average of 4 days per week.
3.) Theists design websites that bolster only the Christian Bible God.
4.) Theists use Christianity when accepting God.
5.) Theistic websites claim "the Bible contains no problems" - but these same theist websites refuse to reveal the answer. Why are they trying to make the world see the non-existence of problems without revealing the answer(s)?
6.) Theists claim "Christianity is a harmonious and loving religion" - but these same theists slander, insult, bash and ridicule Islam and Allah
7.) Theists refuse to see the danger Islam poses on the modern world - but these same theists will still remind modern non-theists of atheistic atrocities
8.) Theists are now creating billboards and signs on the sides of buses and trucks that say, "God is always there."
9.) Theists claim Satan is the one who is responsible for the evil and corruption that was brought onto the world through the fall of man, but theists never support or show evidence for Satan for this deceiving act.
10.) Osama bin Laden is calling all Islamic militants for Allah to create a "global fireball" upon the world - is there a reason why theists are not bringing this to the attention of theistic forums? but if this was an atheist that was calling for all atheists to set the world on fire - theist websites would be overflowing with insults towards atheists.

See, I can take a stereotypical approach too.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Deus ex Machina

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-3
  • non-cdesign-proponentsist
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 06:02:10 PM »
Hi again DoC,

I'm sure you'll address my post in time but if I may I'd just like to interject with some thoughts of my own on your response to Goodkat.

The two are not mutually exclusive. Around one-third of the World's population is (at least nominally) Christian. That's more than any other single belief-system. As such, a plurality of people in the world are (again, at least nominally) Christians, so the statement "Christianity is the largest religion in the world" is, at least on paper, correct. However, it is equally correct to point out that around two-thirds of people do not share those beliefs. This isn't a case of using figures to suit one's argument, it's a case of simple arithmetic.

Why would you conclude that?

Firstly, no-one believes in Thor* so it'd be pointless; secondly, "Allah" is only the Arabic word for "The God" - so reference to "God" covers Islam as well as Christianity and Judaism. So your conclusion is erroneous; the bus ad that says "There's probably no god" refers to any monotheistic entity (and, if one allows some grammatical leniency, entire pantheons).

I can't speak for Goodkat, but for myself I didn't create this one. If you see my previous post, though, clearly some people have done just that. There's also "Jihad Watch" (Google it).

On what basis do you assert that Satan strayed man away from God in the Garden of Eden? There's no mention of Satan in Genesis 3. Also, on what basis do you assert that Satan is "the mastermind behind all that is wicked"? If this is so, why does he ask God's permission to test Job's faith?

In other words, you were supplied some answers you didn't like, dismissed them out of hand, and stubbornly stuck with your original conclusion anyway? Interesting dogma you have there. :)

* Qualified as follows: "A statistically insignificant number of people believe in Thor".
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 06:22:33 PM by Deus ex Machina »
No day in which you learn something is wasted.

Offline Goodkat

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 06:04:21 PM »
I never said that the majority of the world is Christian, I just said that it's the world's largest religion.
I agree,

Man, I feel like I'm talking to AFaldy here. I already said why so much attention is paid to Christianity.

Check basically any thread pertaining to Islam, I've bashed Islam in almost every one

I haven't made any websites at all, you may notice that atheists tend to attack most fervently whatever religion they deconverted from. Ex-Muslims mainly attack Islam, and ex-Christians, such as myself, focus on Christianity.

And God supposedly created him knowing that he would do all of that[/quote]

You claim the answers to Biblical problems are inadequate - even if this statement were true. why wouldn't the owner of the atheist website reveal the answers and let their audience choose for themself? Hmm? Are you starting to see how atheism is working for the hands of Satan? Satan is saying "here, look at all of these errors in God's Holy book. how could an omniscient mind inspire such a book full of contradictions?" - but if you goto your library or any Christian apologetic website, they reveal logical answers to supposed Bible problems.[/quote]
Atheists generally don't want to post the logical fallacies and error ridden reasoning presented by apologists on their website.

Thanks!
I think I remember AFaldy saying something quite similar to me, well, to be honest, you have made me realize more than ever that delusion and irrationality are behind Christianity.

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 06:19:31 PM »
DoC People I respect have already tore down most your arguments, probally better than I would have, so I leave this you with this fact:

Atheists beleive god and satan are part of the same fictional relgion and don't worship either one. This is a ridiculous ignorant claim that I'm amazed no one bashed you for before now.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »
DoC,

Just prove that your god is real.  It really would be that simple.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-31
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 07:23:27 PM »
Keep in mind, folks, that DoC is a long-standing troll who never learns anything new on this board (or at least, doesn't show it).  There's little point in arguing with him for his benefit.  Keep in mind only the audience.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Goodkat

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 07:26:43 PM »
Actually, if evil is defined as anything in opposition to the purported will of the Bible's purported God, then yes, I suppose I am evil, however, I do not accept that definition.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »

Are you then evil because you do not believe in Ahura Mazda?

Some do. Some Christians log online and talk about atheists and other theists in a negative light as well. Yet if you'd really look closely, these atheists are really speaking of the characters portrayed in various religious texts, not any actual deity. Sorta like talking about Harry Potter.

Low hanging fruit as well as going after the belief system that causes them the most grief.

Makes sense if they are going after the bible god character.

This has been addressed several times already. Why would atheists want to fix the errors in your holy book? Are you trying to fix Dianetics?

I don't know of any who will not call a delusion Muslim a delusional Muslim.

That's because we don't want Christians to repeat history.

That covers all gods, in case you are wondering. No "Yahweh is not there" or "Jesus is not there".

Uh, that's because (a) they don't believe in Satan and (b) according to the bible, your god killed millions while Satan killed no one. Satan looks like a saint next to your sky daddy.

We don't get many Muslims on here to talk to beyond Afadly and an occasional other.

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »

Are you then evil because you do not believe in Ahura Mazda?

Some do. Some Christians log online and talk about atheists and other theists in a negative light as well. Yet if you'd really look closely, these atheists are really speaking of the characters portrayed in various religious texts, not any actual deity. Sorta like talking about Harry Potter.

Low hanging fruit as well as going after the belief system that causes them the most grief.

Makes sense if they are going after the bible god character.

This has been addressed several times already. Why would atheists want to fix the errors in your holy book? Are you trying to fix Dianetics?

I don't know of any who will not call a delusion Muslim a delusional Muslim.

That's because we don't want Christians to repeat history.

That covers all gods, in case you are wondering. No "Yahweh is not there" or "Jesus is not there".

Uh, that's because (a) they don't believe in Satan and (b) according to the bible, your god killed millions while Satan killed no one. Satan looks like a saint next to your sky daddy.

We don't get many Muslims on here to talk to beyond Afadly and an occasional other.

Do you see me condemning and slandering Ahura Mazda? Do you see me creating websites that insult Ahura Mazda? I think I made my point.

You claim Christians go online to discuss God with atheists? This all goes back to if atheists didn't build websites that target the Christian God.. we wouldn't be here! Do you think you would get a group of Christians if this site was named "Why won't Zeus heal amputees?" - I don't think so!

You claim, "Why would atheists fix the errors in my Holy Book?" The question still remains unanswered, "Why don't atheists reveal the answers to the problems?" or "why do they feel the burning desire to show the world problems within biblical scripture, but they do not leave a single clue to the answers?" These atheists sure took a ton of their time to find the errors, but you mean to tell me they won't take the time to scour for the answers? That sounds one-sided!

You claim, "You don't want Christians repeating history" - but you are perfectly ok with the way most Muslims are presenting their faith onto the world?

You claim, "This new billboards target all gods" - I call you a liar! I want to see a billboard that reads, "Thor is not there" or "Zues is not there" - Can you supply any evidence to back up your statement? If so, please send the link.

You claim, "God killed more people in the Bible than Satan" - Allow me to refute this nonsensical spew of hatred. God destroyed those people who became wicked and evil, and they were burning their children in the name of their gods. and these evildoers were corrupted by Satan. They were the enemies of Israel! (Satan does not have the authority to strike down anyone!) Are you serious!?! You said, "Satan looks like a Saint" - I didn't expect anything less coming from a non-believer of the Christian God.

You don't get Muslims on this site because the question is directed towards the Christian God. Change the name of this site to "Why won't Allah heal amputees" or "Why won't Muhammed heal amputees?" - And then you will witness the anger and hositility of Islam right at your doorstep. Are you too afraid to take the challenge? Your house would probably get blown to pieces! Just keep on concentrating on the Christian God.. meanwhile Islamic terrorists are holding a knife to your throat.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 08:54:26 PM »
Do you see me condemning and slandering Ahura Mazda? Do you see me creating websites that insult Ahura Mazda? I think I made my point.

Uh, your first "proof" that atheism is evil was "Atheism - No belief in a supernatural deity." It said nothing about condemnation of such deities. So are you saying that you BELIEVE in Ahura Mazda then?

You claim Christians go online to discuss God with atheists? This all goes back to if atheists didn't build websites that target the Christian God.. we wouldn't be here! Do you think you would get a group of Christians if this site was named "Why won't Zeus heal amputees?" - I don't think so!

Can you read? I said Christians go online and talk ABOUT atheists and other non-Christians. Sheesh. And I recall being in church and people mentioning atheists in a negative light as far as 15 years ago (before all of these evil atheist websites).

You claim, "Why would atheists fix the errors in my Holy Book?" The question still remains unanswered, "Why don't atheists reveal the answers to the problems?" or "why do they feel the burning desire to show the world problems within biblical scripture, but they do not leave a single clue to the answers?" These atheists sure took a ton of their time to find the errors, but you mean to tell me they won't take the time to scour for the answers? That sounds one-sided!

Of course it is. Why waste time on apologetics when there are many Christians willing to take up the task?

You claim, "You don't want Christians repeating history" - but you are perfectly ok with the way most Muslims are presenting their faith onto the world?

Heck no. I just don't personally know any Muslims since I live smack dab in the Babble Belt of the USA.

You claim, "This new billboards target all gods" - I call you a liar! I want to see a billboard that reads, "Thor is not there" or "Zues is not there" - Can you supply any evidence to back up your statement? If so, please send the link.

Again, I ask: can you read? It does not say Yahweh or Jesus, it says "God". This generic, 3-letter term covers all deities.

You claim, "God killed more people in the Bible than Satan" - Allow me to refute this nonsensical spew of hatred. God destroyed those people who became wicked and evil, and they were burning their children in the name of their gods. and these evildoers were corrupted by Satan. They were the enemies of Israel! (Satan does not have the authority to strike down anyone!) Are you serious!?! You said, "Satan looks like a Saint" - I didn't expect anything less coming from a non-believer of the Christian God.

Please do show me, using your bible, the evils that the inhabitants of Jericho were committing. I won't be holding my breath.

You don't get Muslims on this site because the question is directed towards the Christian God. Change the name of this site to "Why won't Allah heal amputees" or "Why won't Muhammed heal amputees?" - And then you will witness the anger and hositility of Islam right at your doorstep. Are you too afraid to take the challenge? Your house would probably get blown to pieces! Just keep on concentrating on the Christian God.. meanwhile Islamic terrorists are holding a knife to your throat.

The Koran never makes promises that Allah will answer any prayers if one asks. Jesus did.

Mat 21:22  And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »
I think it's funny to watch his impotent god sputter in fury.  You see, all we have to do is demand that God do something, then he must stop doing it.  By demanding he heal amputees, he stops.  That's hilarious.  To think, a bunch of human atheists can thwart the will of the omnipotent creator of the universe.  He wants to heal amputees, but he can't, because we're watching.  Ha ha.  Fuck you, God.  You're my bitch now.

I want jesus to be like a lolcat.

I find this one to be sharp (despte the jesus-ass content, that's just gross):

Your imaginary friend, let me show you it.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.