Author Topic: Karma Description Mod Installed and Active With Log of All Activity  (Read 6085 times)

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
Re: Karma Description Mod Installed and Active With Log of All Activity
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 08:25:38 PM »
Alzael,

Chill out. It's a long-used Mod that achieves a purpose and we're using it now. It's not the end of the world or anything.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 08:32:05 PM »
Alzael,

Chill out. It's a long-used Mod that achieves a purpose and we're using it now. It's not the end of the world or anything.

The mod (as I said) is at worse a minor annoyance.

You are the one I'm taking issue with at this point.

Your implication that just because I actually voiced an opinion that wasn't in awe of the mod indicates that I should apparently just leave the forum.

I'm terribly sorry HAL, that I don't think this mod is the atheistic equivalent of a heavenly gift, please forgive me. What I'm taking offence with is you and your response to that opinion.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 08:33:17 PM »
Did you have a bad vacation?

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 08:42:50 PM »
Did you have a bad vacation?

Actually it was very good, until I got back and you started behaving like this.

I was trying to think of something to respond to this statement that was pithy and sarcastic as usual. But nothing I can come up with can express how I feel at this statement as well as "Fuck you, HAL."

Now then, were there any other ways in which you wanted to be offensive while we're at it?

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »
Now then, were there any other ways in which you wanted to be offensive while we're at it?

Not that I can think of right now. Thanks for asking though.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 08:48:44 PM »

Not that I can think of right now. Thanks for asking though.

You're welcome. I'm perfectly happy to assist you in anyway that I can in your apparent new goal in becoming the most insufferable ass on the forum.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 09:17:14 PM »
I'm not here for a couple of months and there's another pointless (and what will likely turn out to be worse) karma system now in vogue.

Really, I don't know what it is about you guys that makes you think this is a useful idea. When I get back fully in a couple of weeks it'll be interesting to see what this one turned into between now and then.

You're not going to get any darwins with that attitude, Mr. Grumpy Pants.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 09:50:22 PM »
Somehow I think that I'll manage to survive.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »

Welcome back?

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 10:10:49 PM »

Welcome back?

Not just yet. My internet is still messed. The only access I have is at work, but the only time when I can look at the forum depends on which boss is supervising me that day. Even then I can only type short messages, which is why I've avoided getting involved in any of the discussions. I couldn't really respond to them beyond with anything but a few sentences every now and then. I have been lurking and keeping up with the threads every now and then though.

I'll probaby actually be 'back' sometime next weekend when I can (hopefully) fix my problem. Right now is the first time my internet at home has been working (sort of working anyways) in the last week and a half. It's likely to cut back off at anytime though.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 09:59:41 PM »
Hi guys

Too busy this summer, and too far away from the Internet to play angry atheist this summer, but I had a chance to borrow an iPad (I want!) and check in this evening. I see that we've evolved into this Darwin thingy, which is probably fine with me, because I never understood the use of the previous system and it's anonymous point giving. Well, I understood the process, but not the value.

But this new baby is even more confusing. I haven't posted for two months and I have 33 Darwins of the plus variety and one minus. WTF did they come from? Did someone conjure up a formula based on the prior system or is this the work of the devil?

I'll probably be back and hassling Christians by mid-September. but if I keep getting Darwin's while I'm gone, I'll just sit back and rake in the kudos for doing nothing. That's what I'm best at anyway.

Heck, the iPad doesn't let me scroll inside the Text entry box here. I may have to get a Dell  :(

Edit: Never mind. I found HAL's explanation mid-thread and I now understand. I think I'll like this new system because in the previous one I had no idea I ever got a -1, and if a guy's gonna get one of those, he should at least have the reason explained, no matter how ineptly.

That of course assumes that only Christians hate me that much, hence the assumed ineptness.

Oh, and I figured out how to scroll down in the text entry box so I still get to dream of iPads. This is good.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:21:31 PM by ParkingPlaces »
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON!
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 04:22:15 AM »
I probably overstated how I feel about karma mods, etc, but really.. aren't they just a lazy way of saying, "i'd like to respond, but I'm to lazy to write my agreement or disagreement down so I'll just click on an icon instead.."
I'm of the feeling that if you don't like me and think I suck just come out and say it.. I won't cry. I won't go sob into my pillow, but for chyst sake tossing a piece of cat turd behind my back isn't very impressive and likewise tossing a flower petal behind me isn't either..If you agree then say so, but clicking an icon I never bother looking at doesn't sway me in any way, shape or form and my ego isn't so fragile that if I get bad karma or good karma I won't crumble nor will I become elated.

Ehhh.. that's my 2 cat turds worth..
Imagine gaining favor with "Darwin's"...kind of like praying, huh?

http://freeclassicflix.co.cc

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 06:33:43 AM »
Oh, and I figured out how to scroll down in the text entry box so I still get to dream of iPads. This is good.

If you truly figured this out, I will  give you another Darwin.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 09:47:04 PM »

I figured out a workaround, which involves using the little edit bubble thing to move to the end of the text. I am planning to get my own iPad soon, but I think I'd rather just make short snide comments than go to all that trouble. Luckily that's one of my strong points  :D
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2011, 03:27:41 PM »

I figured out a workaround, which involves using the little edit bubble thing to move to the end of the text. I am planning to get my own iPad soon, but I think I'd rather just make short snide comments than go to all that trouble. Luckily that's one of my strong points  :D

OMG, that sucks!  But it does work, so I will stop my whining now.

Offline Klokinator

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-2
  • ^This is Molly. Btw, I'm an apatheist forever.
    • My game: Fire Emblem Phoenix Saga
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2011, 08:27:18 AM »
Ancient necro post? It's only like the second topic down lol.

So these pouints are a bit confusing. Does it represent Atheist/agnostics/general non-godly population with plus points, and deists with negative points to show how opinions sway, or are plus points there to convey good posts and negative points for bad posts?

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 06:00:08 PM »
It's supposed to represent the latter.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
Spam of some kind???
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 08:21:19 AM »
^^^

I reported that (whatever it is, I'm not clicking on it) to the Mods.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2011, 09:12:32 PM »
My previous post referred to a spam post which has now been deleted, rather than Azdgari's post which it now appears to refer to.

Thought I'd clear that up.

Carry on. 

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2011, 10:46:35 PM »
Much appreciated, Gnu. :)
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »
Frivolous use of the Darwin system is not allowed, such as using the following types of reasons found today -

Countering an unjust smite (2 can play @ that)
Countering an unjust smite
Countering an undeserved smite
Blah blah blah (two instances found)
; )

Please re-read the initial post in this thread

Any misuse of the system will result in the Darwins being deleted and possible warnings issued.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:45:14 PM by HAL »