Author Topic: I will not prove God exists  (Read 17994 times)

Online Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +209/-4
  • I did haz jeezusburger™
Re: I will not prove God exists
« Reply #319 on: August 23, 2011, 04:21:02 AM »
When we die, and the REAL god - the one who values rational thought and questioning - sends John to hell and offers me salvation, I guess I will "win".

Is it not too late to change the name of the atheist movement to "yourgodfailsvariousperformancecriteriatheism"?
I strive for clarity, but aim for confusion.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • Darwins +0/-1,000,000,000
« Reply #320 on: August 23, 2011, 08:01:09 AM »
sell your house and give it to the poor.
BTW have you done any of the above? worked in a soup kitchen,sheltered  a homless person?
yes.
I sold all my properties I inherited from my father when I was 31, and gave it all to a non profit organization (world vision).

I would live in a nice condo, and drive BMWs, but I don't regret it.
because I obtained far more valuable gift.
Are you a hatheist?  (hey-thee-ist)

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »
yes.
I sold all my properties I inherited from my father when I was 31, and gave it all to a non profit organization (world vision).

I'm not a linguistics expert but "everything" doesn't mean "everything you inherited from your family members"
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #322 on: August 23, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »
oh John, John.  Tsk.

I can provide you all the answers, however it is all based on the bible.
so if you are going to say "is there an evidence" I am not even gonna start.
It’s always so cute when theists say that they can provide all of the answers, but can’t even show that their version of what their god “really” meant is true.  Of course you can’t provide any evidence. You are just like the Muslim who can’t provide any evidence or the Shintoist, or the Wiccan.  You have nothing to support your claims.
sell your house and give it to the poor. give up you son for an enemy, send your spirit to acknowledge your work, so I can see the truth. then maybe I won't ask you "why won't you heal amputees"
You won’t or can’t show why you disbelieve jdawg’s claim.  You just make more excuses and it’s hysterical that you are asking for evidence that his claim is true.  How hypocritical, John, when you can’t provide the same for your own claims. 
thanks but no thanks. real experience don't need such thing. you love your kids and your kids love you, do you need any evidence on that?
Then you claim you don’t want the evidence.  Why is that, John?  Could it be that you’ve been caught in demanding the exact thing you can’t provide?  And John, everyone has evidence that someone loves them, except you.  You have no evidence of the love that you claim your god has for you.  That’s sad. 

You also claim that you sold all of your inherited properties and gave the money to World Vision.  As has been noted, that isn’t “everything”.  As always, you, and so many of your fellow Christians, always qualify what parts of the bible they follow. You are all TrueChristianstm up until it’s inconvenient for you.  In that non-Christians also do much good in the world, it makes you no different from anyone else.  Again, we see that your religion makes no difference at all. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #323 on: August 23, 2011, 08:46:58 AM »
Ha Ha Ha.
It is funny.
At least it sounds better than "there is no god, because I don't see him"
Strawman, fallacy
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #324 on: August 23, 2011, 08:51:46 AM »
fiz, let's not waste our time here.
you know Holy spirit can not be explained with our words,
you know God's mystery can not be described with our language.
I think ones that EXPERIENCED 'God's grace' will only know.
We should let them wander and ask questions like "Why should I believe?, why won't god heal amputees?, is there an evidence?,....."

Our Lord sent His disciples to towns and places in (Luke 10), and He said
"Whatever town you enter and they do not receive you, go out into the streets and say, ‘The dust of your town that clings to our feet, even that we shake off against you.’ Yet know this the kingdom of God is at hand. I tell you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom on that day than for that town." (Luke 10:10-12)

It's time to move on to next town.

Appeal to personal credulity, circular reasoning/begging the question, Appeal to ignorance, and appeal to ridicule fallacies.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 09:50:24 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2011, 08:55:16 AM »
There is no God because I dont see him or ANY proof he exists. Your God is a failure.
sounds like a personal opinion.
why should I believe you

Tu Quoque, appeal to personal incredulity fallacies

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2011, 08:56:04 AM »
I can provide you all the answers, however it is all based on the bible.
so if you are going to say "is there an evidence" I am not even gonna start.

Circular reasoning fallacy

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2011, 08:57:36 AM »
hi ! my name is WWGHA. I live in 13th century
what! the urff is sphere? no way.
I think  the urrf is flat, because there is no scientific evidence.
do you have a picture of the urrf? show me then.
why should I believe you. It's logically impossible. you put a monkey on a ball, how can he balance? plus what's under the ball?

talking about a monkey, he is my great great great grandfather.

and the town I live in, was infact, created by this huge 'Bang' long time ago, yes longer than my great great grandfather 'monkey'.
yep, huge bang it is.

Let me tell you again, the urff is FLAT!

Appeal to ridicule and  Strawman fallacies.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2011, 08:58:46 AM »
John, I owe you an apology.

Here's the thing - I wrote the bible.  I have a time machine and went back to 212AD and penned the whole thing.  It was intended as an interesting sociological exercise to see how a text would evolve over time through linguistic translation - I didn't mean for any of it to be taken as any kind of truth.  Incidentally the integrity of the original work has been pretty well preserved given the circumstances.

Sorry.
that's OK, whatever you say man.
buta.. is this some kind of anal-ogy?
or are you telling me you've missed your pill.

Ad Hom fallacy

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #329 on: August 23, 2011, 09:01:08 AM »
Don't believe me?  Why not?
give up you son for an enemy, send your spirit to acknowledge your work, so I can see the truth.

then maybe I won't ask you "why won't you heal amputees"

Non-seqitur fallacy(hidden appeal to ignorance)

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2011, 09:07:31 AM »

Wait...you want some EVIDENCE that what I said was true?
thanks but no thanks.

real experience don't need such thing.

you love your kids and your kids love you, do you need any evidence on that?

Uneven analogy fallacy.

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2011, 09:24:12 AM »
1)Have a good life, because life is short and there is nothing after that.
2)If there is something after that, I am sorry.
you lose both cases

You lose too, if you have picked the wrong interpretation of Christianity, or the wrong religion. Muslims use the same argument back at you.

I don't admire your certainty that you are right about anything you choose to utter, and most other people on the planet are wrong.

It's interesting to me that John edited that into his signature after being shown that it was possible that satan is the author of the NT.
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »
BTW have you done any of the above? worked in a soup kitchen,sheltered  a homless person?
yes.

This ones kind of difficult to assign an actual fallacy to. I would categorize it as "ignoring the counterevidence" as "Sell all you have" is not "Sell all you inherit"

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2011, 09:31:02 AM »
Caudex falllacy.(I just made dat up)

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »
"Sell all you have" is not "Sell all you inherit"
To me it was.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2011, 09:42:08 AM »
Caudex falllacy.(I just made dat up)

Appeal to ridicule fallacy

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2011, 09:43:45 AM »
To me it was.
Appeal to personal credulity fallacy

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2011, 09:50:50 AM »
To me it was.
Appeal to personal credulity fallacy
Inherited properties were all I had.
How would you apeal it?

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2011, 10:33:37 AM »

How would you apeal it?

Wow John - what were you doing that led you to a position where after 31 years of existence you had NO possessions of your own?  Not a single chair, or book, or bicycle?  No change of clothes?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »

How would you apeal it?

Wow John - what were you doing that led you to a position where after 31 years of existence you had NO possessions of your own?  Not a single chair, or book, or bicycle?  No change of clothes?

Not to mention he clearly states he has some fancy possesions now. Still doesn't meet the Jesus requirement, despite all his garbage deliberate misinterpretations.

<<Mod: Fixed quotes for ya!>>
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:51:43 AM by Anfauglir »

Offline relativetruth

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2011, 11:11:16 AM »
It seems that John may not actually 'own' anything anymore (not even his underwear!). So he obviously has a sponsor who provides for all his worldly needs.

Maybe that sponsor is World Vison?
God(s) exist and are imaginary

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #341 on: August 23, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »

Wow Anf.
"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."(Matthew 19:21)  does this sound like 'never have any personal possession'?
if then, you have a serious understanding problem.
Wow.
let me explain, wait no, I won't, because I already know what you are going to say. "prove it"

Offline Avatar Of Belial

• Graduate
  • Darwins +30/-1
  • I'm not an Evil person; I just act like one!
« Reply #342 on: August 23, 2011, 11:48:43 AM »
let me explain, wait no, I won't, because I already know what you are going to say. "prove it"

Is it really so hard to believe someone would find the claim that you have no personal possessions at all to be unlikely?
Whose computer are you using?
Whose clothes are you wearing?
Whose shelter are you taking refuge in?
Whose food are you eating?
Whose Bible are you reading?
"You play make-believe every day of your life, and yet you have no concept of 'imagination'."
I do not have "faith" in science. I have expectations of science. "Faith" in something is an unfounded assertion, whereas reasonable expectations require a precedent.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2011, 11:53:50 AM »

Wow Anf.
"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."(Matthew 19:21)  does this sound like 'never have any personal possession'?
if then, you have a serious understanding problem.
Wow.

hmm, the verse says nothing about having *any* personal posessions remaining.  It doesn't say "If you want to be perfect, go, sell some of your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

It seems that the comprehension problems are on your side, John.  We also have that JC said that one should have no ties to the world and that one should trust in God for all one's necessities.  It seems you have ties to the world and that you don't trust your god to provide anything. 

Of course, JC's supposed instructions make sense if one assumes the world will imminently end.  They prove a problem for believers in a faith that has yet to come through on its promise of a kingdom of heaven on earth.  How many more millenia will Christians wait for this promise to come true?  We have Christians constantly insisting that it'll happen "real soon now" and they fail every single time.   

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »
error
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:23:08 PM by Hatter23 »

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #345 on: August 23, 2011, 12:04:58 PM »
He already states he owns a BMW and a Condo

sorry, Hatter but I think you misread his post.  He said that he "would" live in a condo and have a BMW. 

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #346 on: August 23, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »
He already states he owns a BMW and a Condo

sorry, Hatter but I think you misread his post.  He said that he "would" live in a condo and have a BMW.

Yes, that was an error on my part.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #347 on: August 23, 2011, 12:42:55 PM »
hmm, the verse says nothing about having *any* personal posessions remaining.  It doesn't say "If you want to be perfect, go, sell some of your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Wow! Velkyn. Inherited properties were all I had when I was 31.
let's say you had $10 (that's all you had), you gave it to a panhandler, how much do you have left?
Nothing.  Now, follow Jesus,
Does Jesus say 'you can never have any personal belongs for the rest of you life'?

this is amazing, double wow.

you guys are genius