Author Topic: What do you think? Real?  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Iamrational

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: What do you think? Real?
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 07:45:55 AM »
Haha I found it. I finally remembered this movie that relates to this to.

Leap of Faith- Steve Martin

Watch this movie and it will tell you everything you need to know about faith healing like this. Pretty funny movie to boot.

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »

Gullible people piss me off...

An older Venezuelan woman told me that McDonalds hamburgers were made from plastic products, and the chicken nuggets were made with rat meat.  She truly believes this, and was warning me not to eat there.  I don't eat at McDonalds, but the gullibility was high on this one...

http://bestofmotherearth.com/2008/09/24/1996-mcdonalds-hamburger.html
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 11:22:28 AM »
LOL, only watched like a minute of this, it was just hilarious, but I felt my brain corroding. It's like WWE for evangelists.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline rickymooston

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-11
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 01:06:45 PM »
Didn't think so. Thanks!

Based on what evidence? I mean, why thank Screwtape?

Sure, without bothering to watch the video, I can say, I don't think its real.

The reason why is because I "know" glass eyeballs don't allow you to see.

For me to believe he was "seeing", reputable scientists, would have to prove he sees under very controlled conditions

And, it would be front page news. He would be traveling to Yale and Harvard etc.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline magicguy

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 09:59:03 PM »
http://healingherald.org/2009/09/glass-eye-healed-lakeland-fl/

this is the only website that has anything on it

he needs to be tested to see if he can really see out of his eye.....

no i do not believe it is real

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 08:11:18 AM »
I mean, why thank Screwtape?

For all the little things I do, and for just being me. 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline ZenZen

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • An atheist, who loves her GODless life....!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 10:36:23 AM »
Didn't think so. Thanks!

Based on what evidence? I mean, why thank Screwtape?

Sure, without bothering to watch the video, I can say, I don't think its real.

The reason why is because I "know" glass eyeballs don't allow you to see.

For me to believe he was "seeing", reputable scientists, would have to prove he sees under very controlled conditions

And, it would be front page news. He would be traveling to Yale and Harvard etc.

Well... I was in a debate with a religious person, and at that moment I wasn't going to say it was not true. Just because I don't want it to be true, doesn't make it less true.

I was kinda blind, I think, to the fact that they SAID he was being healed and not SHOWING it. I feel stupid now, but I've learned it though.  :laugh:

And Screwtape opened my eyes in a *smack-my-forehead--->of-course-it-isn't* sort of way.  :laugh:
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +355/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »
Nothing's real in Florida.  Evidence: I live here.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline rickymooston

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-11
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »
Well... I was in a debate with a religious person, and at that moment I wasn't going to say it was not true. Just because I don't want it to be true, doesn't make it less true.

I see. The obvious question is why you doubted his "truth".

I for example am willing to sell you the Broklynn bridge for a cool clean 7000$.

Is your suspicion that I'm lying based on "wishful thinking" or your experience that money doesn't grow on trees and that people cheat people? ...?

I was kinda blind, I think, to the fact that they SAID he was being healed and not SHOWING it. I feel stupid now, but I've learned it though.  :laugh:

It's a pity. I mean, I really could have used the 7000 and now apparently Srewtape has ruined the opportunity for me.

And Screwtape opened my eyes in a *smack-my-forehead--->of-course-it-isn't* sort of way.  :laugh:

>:(  :o  >:(

The Financial industry will never hire him, that is for sure.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2011, 10:28:16 PM »

So do I.  Florida is the new California.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2011, 11:50:35 PM »

-Nam

LOL

My first response upon starting to watch the video was "Dude, you've got a microphone - why are you yelling as if you don't?" Getting past that, I wondered very briefly if maybe just the front of the eyeball was painted to look like an eye and the back clear. If so I thought that if the optic nerve is intact and some photoreceptors grew back he might actually have some light/dark vision. But they could have proven that by covering then uncovering the eye and having the man say when it was covered or not. But after covering the man's eye he just does the healing shove that told me there was no amazing regrowth just common bulloney. So many amazing things in the world and those people prefer "WWE for evangelists" as kaziglu bey said. Thank you for that amusing analysis.    :)
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther