Author Topic: The Answer: Why won't God heal amputees?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Inactive_A

• Reader
  • Darwins +5/-3
The Answer: Why won't God heal amputees?
« on: July 20, 2008, 05:23:07 PM »
Subject: The Answer: Why won't God heal amputees?

The Answer: Why won't God  heal amputees?

First of all I want to stress that I'm in NO representation of any religios belief or the
like, I just believe there is a supreme power that rules the whole universe, whether we
want it or not.  The reason I state this is that, as rational beings, it's hard not to
perceive the inherent intelligence in all things existing around us, I'm not going to get
into details on this, but that's the way I see it.

Regarding your 'big' question I don't understand how blind you are after all.  Don't you
know we are unique creatures provided of the most reasoning level, not found in any other
species but humans.  Like any good ape we felt the desire to climb up, and did it so well
that we've literally went as high as the moon.  Who would've thought a monkey'd do that?
huh!

With our rational mind, we found our own body's 'Factory Design' (human genome).  We've
discovered how highly reproductive living matter is, we've even made an exact copy of a
sheep and yet underestimate our potential to preserve our nature (physiology).  It's just
man's selfish and ambitious behaviour to try to control others, like religion and
politics, that won't let us move forward to a better society.  A society where the
reproduction of living matter within a tolerable moral and ethical context can be
possible.  If we can already do all these things, I don't know what you're talking about
with your 'Big' question because it seems to me your fighting the wrong war.  You're
fighting something you don't even believe in, you waste your time trying to prove
something you don't accept instead of worrying about the things that concern you the most.

If you really want God to heal the amputees go to your country's congress and raise hell
that human body parts and attachments be possible.  If you want all this to be a dream
come true as we know it, bring it all around the world fighting the right war, not
something that 'doesn't exist'.  To date, the US is one of the greatest opposer to
cloning practices, it's in your hands (figuratively) to make your goverment see the wrong
judgment they're in.

No further comments.  Have a very nice day!

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Re: The Answer: Why won't God heal amputees?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:03:33 AM »
You say that you are a rational being but believe that there is inherent intelligence in all things existing around us. Isn't there a phrase that states that the devil is in the details? Are those the same details you do not wish to discuss?

Why would you avoid discussing the details of the supreme power that you believe rules the universe? What details do you possess?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 12:30:49 PM »
Is it just me or did this person miss the point entirely?  The question is, why won't God, an all-good being who tells us he will answer all prayers, fail to do so in the case of impossible prayers?
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 12:42:42 PM »
First of all I want to stress that I'm in NO representation of any religios belief or the
like, I just believe there is a supreme power that rules the whole universe, whether we
want it or not.  The reason I state this is that, as rational beings, it's hard not to
perceive the inherent intelligence in all things existing around us, I'm not going to get
into details on this, but that's the way I see it.

Nonsense.  You are at the least a deist.  You do have your own personally created religion about your "supreme power".  Therefore you have a religion.  I would love to see your claimed evidence of "inherent intelligence".  Have you any?  I do suspect that you are a Christian who is trying to masquerade as something else.

Regarding your 'big' question I don't understand how blind you are after all.  Don't you
know we are unique creatures provided of the most reasoning level, not found in any other
species but humans.  Like any good ape we felt the desire to climb up, and did it so well
that we've literally went as high as the moon.  Who would've thought a monkey'd do that?
huh!
A cute attempt at metaphor.  So, again, do you have any evidence for your claims of "uniqueness"?

With our rational mind, we found our own body's 'Factory Design' (human genome).  We've
discovered how highly reproductive living matter is, we've even made an exact copy of a
sheep and yet underestimate our potential to preserve our nature (physiology).  It's just
man's selfish and ambitious behaviour to try to control others, like religion and
politics, that won't let us move forward to a better society.  A society where the
reproduction of living matter within a tolerable moral and ethical context can be
possible.  If we can already do all these things, I don't know what you're talking about
with your 'Big' question because it seems to me your fighting the wrong war.  You're
fighting something you don't even believe in, you waste your time trying to prove
something you don't accept instead of worrying about the things that concern you the most.
We did not make an "exact copy" of a sheep.  If you really did know any thing about the sciences you would know that.  What you mean by "how highly reproductive living matter is", I have no idea.   Again, we see the usual tactic of a theist, and usually a Christian, who insists that one should not fight something if one doesn't believe in it.  At the risk of committing an instance of Godwin's Law, if we didn't belive in some nasty genocidal philosophy, we should not fight against it? 

If you really want God to heal the amputees go to your country's congress and raise hell
that human body parts and attachments be possible.  If you want all this to be a dream
come true as we know it, bring it all around the world fighting the right war, not
something that 'doesn't exist'.  To date, the US is one of the greatest opposer to
cloning practices, it's in your hands (figuratively) to make your goverment see the wrong
judgment they're in.

Again, there is nothing about the promises of God that require any human intervention.  This would make your "God" so very not "supreme".  I also think you are getting confused in the differences between cloning and stem cell research. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Kntrabssi

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • You keep believing, I'll keep evolving
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:37:54 PM »
The whole point is that we want GOD to heal amputees.  Why won't GOD heal amputees?  If we go to the Supreme Court and get cloning legalized, then heal amputees in that way, how does that prove the existence of God?
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
-Carl Sagan