Author Topic: Poor poor Rupert Murdock  (Read 309 times)

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON!
    • Freeclassicflix
Poor poor Rupert Murdock
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »
I bet it's a left wing conspiracy to make them look bad.. None the less I still hope Murdock and all his minions are brought up on multi-national treason charges and hung in front of jeering crowds..
Imagine gaining favor with "Darwin's"...kind of like praying, huh?

http://freeclassicflix.co.cc

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
Re: Poor poor Rupert Murdock
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
Jack Shafer of Slate explains that whenever this happens to Murdoch the term in his empire is to "Do a reverse ferret".

Murdoch Pulls the Ultimate "Reverse Ferret":
The real meaning of the News of the World closure

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »
I hope the bastard gets skinned but I know he wont.  To powerful and rich.  I will bet a months salary that the same kind of thing has been going on at FOX News and they are quitely plugging the holes in the boat now.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 09:19:03 AM »
Jack Shafer of Slate explains that whenever this happens to Murdoch the term in his empire is to "Do a reverse ferret".

Murdoch Pulls the Ultimate "Reverse Ferret":
The real meaning of the News of the World closure

Our law makers need to demand an investigation into Fox, but they won't because they hold to much power, but the article speaks volumes of the money laundering business as their London ops will simply be shifted west to the US and I assume most, if not ALL the computers from the paper there will, if they aren't already on ships to Fox news and other Murdock US based newspapers.
I wonder if the UK will do a deep investigation and confiscate Murderock's computers before they get shipped off, but somehow I doubt they will before the evidence is lost.

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 09:37:55 AM »
They'll probably just replace it with a Sunday edition of The Sun...isn't that all News of the World basically was, anyway?

I'm sure they're also taking the newspaper industry's bleak outlook into account. Better to cut their losses now, get some PR for their damage control, and focus on their much more important television operations...

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 10:25:03 AM »
I really think Murdock himself needs dragged into court and charged with multi-national treason, but in the international criminal court..Crimes against humanity by monopolizing the media or attempted monopolization.. I'm not quite sure that would fly, but it wouldn't break my heart if it did.. Still, he needs to be investigated because there is NO WAY Murdock should be "to big to fail".

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »
Carl Bernstein in Newsweek wrote a scathing article of Murdock..
Then came the unfair and imbalanced politicized “news” of the Fox News Channel—showing (again) Murdoch’s genius at building an empire on the basis of an ever-descending lowest journalistic denominator. It, too, rests on a foundation that has little or nothing to do with the best traditions and values of real reporting and responsible journalism: the best obtainable version of the truth. In place of this journalistic ideal, the enduring Murdoch ethic substitutes gossip, sensationalism, and manufactured controversy.
News International, the British arm of Murdoch’s media empire, “has always worked on the principle of omertà: ‘Do not say anything to anybody outside the family, and we will look after you,’ ” notes a former Murdoch editor who knows the system well. “Now they are hanging people out to dry. The moment you do that, the omertà is gone, and people are going to talk. It looks like a circular firing squad.”
--snip--
As one of his former top executives—once a close aide—told me, “This scandal and all its implications could not have happened anywhere else. Only in Murdoch’s orbit. The hacking at News of the World was done on an industrial scale. More than anyone, Murdoch invented and established this culture in the newsroom, where you do whatever it takes to get the story, take no prisoners, destroy the competition, and the end will justify the means.”

“In the end, what you sow is what you reap,” said this same executive. “Now Murdoch is a victim of the culture that he created. It is a logical conclusion, and it is his people at the top who encouraged lawbreaking and hacking phones and condoned it.”

"Could Murdoch eventually be criminally charged? He has always surrounded himself with trusted subordinates and family members, so perhaps it is unlikely. Though Murdoch has strenuously denied any knowledge at all of the hacking and bribery, it’s hard to believe that his top deputies at the paper didn’t think they had a green light from him to use such untraditional reportorial methods. Investigators are already assembling voluminous records that demonstrate the systemic lawbreaking at News of the World, and Scotland Yard seems to believe what was happening in the newsroom was endemic at the highest levels at the paper and evident within the corporate structure. Checks have been found showing tens of thousands of dollars of payments at a time."
http://www.newsweek.com/2011/07/10/murdoch-s-watergate.html