Author Topic: I Would like to Answer your Questions on "Why God wont Heal Amputees" [#579a]  (Read 347 times)

Offline DL

First off, I will use logic and scriptures and even if I use only logic... it is indeed scripture based. No, I will not have to make up some obscure reason. I will warn you though. My logic is eternal (in a time-based sense), your logic is confined to the here and now and does not move pass this life. Let me challenge you to think eternal and never ending for this letter. And please take the time to read this as I took the time to watch your video.

Note*: I hope you reply. Please give me the same respect I give you. I am not going to call you ignorant (which you have already called me), decimating your character or intelligence, nor am I attacking you or your beliefs I understand that the idea of God defies all logic, especially the Christian God. All I am doing is rising up to the challenge of answering your ten questions. Take your time if you need to because this is a long email and I apologize for that. I just want you to know that I am answering your ten questions and hope you reply to me whenever you are done. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question 1: Why wont God heal amputees?

Often times people get amputated because of what? Infection, disease, cancer... am I right. I am not a doctor but I do know that amputation is not a disease, but rather a treatment. Also, you make the point, why are amputees not healed when they pray... I have never met an amputee that prayed to be healed from amputation. They usually are just glad that the infection, cancer, or gangrene did not spread.
Yes, some people are born without limbs. Some people are stillborn. Some are even aborted. Sad day right? Bad things happen to good people. So I will touch on that later. Good question though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question 2: Why are there so many starving people in the world.

Is this God's fault or evil man's fault (pardon me if I have bad grammar). Many theologians themselves debate this fact. That is like asking "Why did God allow Hitler or Stalin or Bush rise to power?" (joke). The simple question is, "How much control does God really have?". We know that He does not interfere with free will. But at the same time, you can never seem to beat Him. It's like you are just the stick in His drumbeat. So as far as that goes, is it our decision to let evil happen or is it God's decision. You being an intellectual would say that it is man's. I would agree. But God also promise that these things will happen. He is not dumb. He also tells us that wicked men will exist and that He will judge them. Are the evil men getting off free? No! They will be judged by God. Is that not enough punishment for their evil? Sounds bad to me. As for the ones suffering here on Earth, I feel sorry for them but bad things happen to good people. So we will move on.
Question 3: Why does God demand the death of so many people?

You give scripture reference, thank you! I will go one by one to the ones you gave and if you have any more after I have explained them to you, shoot to me.

#1: Exodus 35:2
Here God is demanding that they rest on the Sabbath, which is a Holy day. He demands their reverence, their worship, and demands them a day off. Is that really such a bad deal? Of course not. Really and truly however, it is not a matter of work. It is the heart. Read that scripture, "... of rest to the lord." It's a matter of worship. He wants their worship for all of the things that He has done for them.
Let us say you bailed me out of some rut by loaning me a million dollars that you knew I could never pay back. And then you asked me, "Could you rake my yard?" And I said no and then sat on your couch and watched a football game, would that not kind of make you mad? Same deal. In a sense.

#2: Deuteronomy 21:18-21
When you look up what a profligate is, you see that it is more than a hormonal, rebellious teenager. It is a reckless, wild, debaucherous, shameless... need I go on. Basically, this child is way beyond punishment. Besides, it says, "... will not listen to them when they discipline him...". Therefore, this is a troubled kid that is way out of hand. As barbaric as it may seem to you, he is in need of capital punishment in order to keep God's chosen people "purged of evil". And you being logical and all, how often do you think they had to exercise this law anyways?

#3: Leviticus 20:13
Gay sex is an abomination. Simple as that. Although! I do not condone how far many Christians take the whole "die fags!" and "burn in hell queers!" stance. It is still wrong. The reason it is wrong is that sex outside of God's covenant of marriage is a sin against your own body. All other sins are outside the body. (That is scriptural). If your body is a temple for the lord, then how dare you go completely against His creation and be gay. Gay sinners are sinners just like murderers are sinners. We all are sinners, that is the point. It does not matter quality or quantity of sins, we are all sinners. Therefore, I do not condone Gay Haters or what have you.

#4: Deuteronomy 22:13-21
This is a tough one. Again sex outside of marriage is a sin against your own body which is the temple of the Lord. However, not only is it a sin against your own body, it brings disgrace against your father too! Basically, no sex outside of marriage. Many people do not follow this today because sex is readily available. That still does not make it okay. Thank God, however, for grace. You can still mess up and receive His forgiveness like I have done so many times.

*Again, if you have any more, shoot them to me. You mention in your video that you have more...
Question 4: Why does the bible contain so much anti-scientific non-sense.

Quite honestly, I could have gone without the non-sense jargon but I will tell answer your question. It does contain a lot of anti-scientific "non-sense". Becuase, if you believe in God, you believe He created science. Therefore, He is stronger than science.
In fact, one example, look at the stars, the planets, everything. All held together by gravity. Is it easier to believe that that all happened by chance or by creation? Do an experiment, take a foam ball and stick a bottle rocket in it. Hold it over some butcher paper and then ignite the fuse. Mark all of the spots on the butcher paper whee the foam ball landed. Then do it again. It wont happen the same way twice. Therefore you would have to believe that it all came into existence by chance. Mutation? Come on. Even though Darwin's theories are very much believable as far adaption and such, you cannot possibly tell me that my grandmother was a fish or a monkey. That does not even make sense.
As far as the flood. It can in fact be explained. Some people theorize that water vapor and such circulated around the earth in the atmosphere. Thus all of the guys in Noah's days living so long, because of a lack of solar radiation aging the body. But! Notice what it says, man began to be limited to 120 years. (Yes, some guys lived longer but I don't know why. And I am okay with that.) God is very scientific if you pay attention. I believe that all of His miracles were not just happenstance but rather some scientific methodical way of doing things.
A lot of people, when discussing Jonah believe that he survived by air pockets in the belly of the whale. Its far-fetched I am sure but even so, God is bigger than science. I know that is the answer you were looking for.
Adam, ha, what happens when we die... we decay and turn into dust. Why is it so hard to believe that God made the first humans out of the material we become when our bodies die?
But I want to draw your attention to something, look at chapter 4 in Jonah (the same example you gave me). I want to prove my initial point. Everything is very methodically done which makes my point. Nothing divine other than God commanding or providing. He provided a vine, provided a worm, a scorching East wind. You see, everything is done scientifically, but God is in the science! As we move on in this world, science and God do not go against each other, but they actually are proving one another right!
#5: Why is the bible such a huge proponent of slavery?

It isn't. Good try. This was a failed attempt at trying to justify slavery in the pre-Civil War South. But, I will humor you and look at your arguments.

#1 Exodus 21:20-21
Here, God is calling slaves property. When one has a slave, it is a foreigner. When someone is a foreigner they are usually under the wrath of God for wickedness. When one takes a foreigner as a slave, it is for punishment for wickedness. Therefore, it is better to be a slave than to be dead if you are wicked would not you agree? Therefore, by being a slave, God was allowing you to live and be punished rather than dying and be punished forever. And you may be thinking, "Were not other Israelites slaves too?" No, they were bond-servants. If you know your laws, then you know about the day of Jubilee. If not, then every 50 years, a festival was held called the Year of Jubilee. This was a year to honor the Lord. Each and every Israeli slave had the opportunity to go free. Some, however, stayed and gained honor and favoritism with their master and was considered like family.

#2 Colossians 3:22, Ephesians 6:5, 1st Peter 2:18
Ah yes, I knew these would come out. First off, where does it say that slavery is permitted? Yes, it was cultural to have slaves. Often times though slaves were like family. Even if someone converted and they had slaves, their slaves would not want to go. Same as the Year of Jubilee which I touched on earlier. Often times slaves did not want to leave even when allowed to because they had it made. So Paul is saying, be kind to them. Honestly, if I had no bills and everything was taken care of for me for free, I would not mind being a slave for a truly christian master.

*Again, you said "and so on", so if you have any more feel free to send them.
#6: Why do bad things happen to good people?

This is a really good question. Theologians have been asking this for centuries. In fact, this is my favorite question from your ten. I really wanted to save this for last but I do not want to break order. First off, I have already asked you that one must decide is it God or man who is evil. If you want my answer, it is man who is evil. Everything bad that ever happens in this world is because of me, Billy Graham, St. Paul, Mother Theresa, you, Adam, Eve, and everybody. Because of our sin, we are constantly being judged. You might say but God is love! If your child lies to you, do you not punish them? Think of it like that. Because we make God suffer, we all suffer too. It is sad but think of it from God's point of view. At least He gave us some life. And those who do not live long are in heaven because they are not mentally capable of sinning. But those of us that are, we make the wrong decision every time and sin. But God in His love and grace has provided a way to escape from eternal punishment.
Now why do bad things happen to those who are Christians? Because through the bad things that have happened to His martyrs, many people have become Christians. That is why Paul said to live is Christ, to die is gain. Whatever gets the gospel out is good! Even if it means death. You are probably thinking, "What about those that abandon the faith?!" Jesus said "... deny me and I will deny you before my Father..." He also said that the "narrow is the gate, and narrow is the road that leads to it..." In other words, being a Christian will not make life easy. Health and Wealth gospels are crap. I find God more when I am at my worst and He is helping me through it than I do when I am doing well. Therefore, I choose the narrow road that leads to the narrow gate.
#7: Why didn't any of Jesus' miracles leave behind any evidence?

He did, He prophesied many events. Probably being the most famous is the destruction of the temple (Matthew 24). He predicted that it would happen before all of His disciples would die. In ca. a.d. 70, or a.c.e. 70, the temple was destroyed. And I believe Josephus recorded the event. Let me warn you, if you check over Matthew 24, it is a confusing passage and it is meant to be confusing (Jesus said in Matthew 13:11-17 that His teaching would be confusing). You see, in Matthew 24, he jumps back and forth quite a bit between the destruction of the temple and His second coming, not to be confused with the fact that he has already come again. Many things that happened in a.c.e. 70, or a.d. 70, are types. A type is something in scriptures that symbolizes prophecy. For example, our boy Jonah was in the belly of a fish for three days and three nights. Jesus was in the grave for three days and three nights. So, if you check over it, I hope you are not confused.
As for other miracles, I am not sure any miracles you are wanting would still have done the trick. He said that a wicked and perverse generation always looks for a sign, is that faith? Where does faith come in? Paul said that Abraham listen and believed (was faithful) and it was credited to him as righteousness. Faith is the way to receive righteousness. Sin is believing that we know better than God. Evil deeds are not sin but rather the product of sin such as killing, stealing, lying. God is love, if we do not have God, we do not have love (as God calls it). So when we are faithful to God, we love. Love is the miracle! John 13:34-35 says, "A new command I give to you to love one another. As I (Jesus, who was God) have loved you, so you must love one another. BY THIS ALL MEN WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE MY DISCIPLES."
Also, Romans 13:8-10 teaches that true love does not sin against its brother. Therefore true love is perfect. No Christian, however, will ever be perfect until they go to heaven. But we strive for perfection and receive God's grace when we fail. Not love like a friend that loves another friend. Love as God sees love. Again, Love is the miracle.
I am so sorry many people that claim Christ have failed the world in this aspect of loving humanity in hating gays, people that disagree with them, and so on. I am so sorry. But Love is the true miracle, real Love. Yes you can love your wife, or girlfriend. But when you know God, love takes on a whole new meaning. It did in my life.

[Too long - Continues to 579b]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:03:11 PM by DL »

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
Question 1: Why wont God heal amputees?

Often times people get amputated because of what? Infection, disease, cancer... am I right. I am not a doctor but I do know that amputation is not a disease, but rather a treatment. Also, you make the point, why are amputees not healed when they pray... I have never met an amputee that prayed to be healed from amputation. They usually are just glad that the infection, cancer, or gangrene did not spread.
Yes, some people are born without limbs. Some people are stillborn. Some are even aborted. Sad day right? Bad things happen to good people. So I will touch on that later. Good question though.

You can't find a logical answer for why God won't heal amputees.  The reason why is because it doesn't make any sense, considering Jesus said that all things are possible and such.

Question 2: Why are there so many starving people in the world.

Is this God's fault or evil man's fault (pardon me if I have bad grammar). Many theologians themselves debate this fact. That is like asking "Why did God allow Hitler or Stalin or Bush rise to power?" (joke). The simple question is, "How much control does God really have?". We know that He does not interfere with free will. But at the same time, you can never seem to beat Him. It's like you are just the stick in His drumbeat. So as far as that goes, is it our decision to let evil happen or is it God's decision. You being an intellectual would say that it is man's. I would agree. But God also promise that these things will happen. He is not dumb. He also tells us that wicked men will exist and that He will judge them. Are the evil men getting off free? No! They will be judged by God. Is that not enough punishment for their evil? Sounds bad to me. As for the ones suffering here on Earth, I feel sorry for them but bad things happen to good people. So we will move on.

Well then I am not interested in joining your religion!  The bad ones get away with so much here on Earth and don't get punished like people of more trivial crimes do, all here on Earth.  The OT God apparently didn't allow this kind of stuff to happen.  He shouldn't have went to Anger Management!  Now he is too easy on us here on this planet.

Question 3: Why does God demand the death of so many people?

You give scripture reference, thank you! I will go one by one to the ones you gave and if you have any more after I have explained them to you, shoot to me.

#1: Exodus 35:2
Here God is demanding that they rest on the Sabbath, which is a Holy day. He demands their reverence, their worship, and demands them a day off. Is that really such a bad deal? Of course not. Really and truly however, it is not a matter of work. It is the heart. Read that scripture, "... of rest to the lord." It's a matter of worship. He wants their worship for all of the things that He has done for them.
Let us say you bailed me out of some rut by loaning me a million dollars that you knew I could never pay back. And then you asked me, "Could you rake my yard?" And I said no and then sat on your couch and watched a football game, would that not kind of make you mad? Same deal. In a sense.

I don't think an all-knowing, omnipotent being (God) can get emotional.  That sounds more like a human than an immortal.  For goodness sake, your God gets jealous and angry and feels pain in his heart.  It sounds more like people made this stuff up for their reasons than anything.

#2: Deuteronomy 21:18-21
When you look up what a profligate is, you see that it is more than a hormonal, rebellious teenager. It is a reckless, wild, debaucherous, shameless... need I go on. Basically, this child is way beyond punishment. Besides, it says, "... will not listen to them when they discipline him...". Therefore, this is a troubled kid that is way out of hand. As barbaric as it may seem to you, he is in need of capital punishment in order to keep God's chosen people "purged of evil". And you being logical and all, how often do you think they had to exercise this law anyways?

It doesn't matter how many times it needed to be implemented.  In fact it doesn't even matter if it ever was implemented!  What matters is that an all-knowing (supposedly) God can't come up with a better way to deal with sinners than to kill them.  The reason why God can't come up with better solutions to problems that make sense, is because the Judeo-Christian God is either not real, or a liar.

#3: Leviticus 20:13
Gay sex is an abomination. Simple as that. Although! I do not condone how far many Christians take the whole "die fags!" and "burn in hell queers!" stance. It is still wrong. The reason it is wrong is that sex outside of God's covenant of marriage is a sin against your own body. All other sins are outside the body. (That is scriptural). If your body is a temple for the lord, then how dare you go completely against His creation and be gay. Gay sinners are sinners just like murderers are sinners. We all are sinners, that is the point. It does not matter quality or quantity of sins, we are all sinners. Therefore, I do not condone Gay Haters or what have you.

Gay sex is not an abomination to God.  Afterall, he created our bodies and everything else.  So therefore, had quite some impact on who we would be.  You can observe homosexual behavior among many animals, which God created.  Why would God create something that defied his own laws?  It just isn't consistent, nor a good teaching of what is, supposedly right.  Now you might say that it is because of the original sin.  I disagree.  Homosexuality is just as natural as heterosexuality, only that it isn't used for reproduction.  You can read this post which talks about homosexuality and also about marriage:  http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=46.msg18581#msg18581

Now while you may disagree simply because it isn't the "norm", that doesn't mean it's an abomination or wrong.  It's just a social taboo.  Unfortunately there are no champions for gays in government.  That is basically how all groups of people have been integrated into society, that's how it works.  The parts of the bible that talk bad of homosexuality are just coming from people who don't accept people for who they are.  I do applaud you though for not agreeing with those anti-gays who are full of hate and violence.  But the bible does say to kill homosexuals, so it sounds like you aren't fully on board with God.

"The reason it is wrong is that sex outside of God's covenant of marriage is a sin against your own body."
Marriage was made up by man, that's why people of many cultures/religions get married.  And how important is God's covenant of marriage anyway if he decided to not have marriage anymore once you get into heaven.  The marriage covenant was made up by bias people who don't accept reality for what it is.

"If your body is a temple for the lord, then how dare you go completely against His creation and be gay."

What a silly statement.  It's not like people choose to be gay/straight/bi.  They simply choose to accept being gay/straight/bi.  Becoming gay/straight/bi isn't done consciously.

#4: Deuteronomy 22:13-21
This is a tough one. Again sex outside of marriage is a sin against your own body which is the temple of the Lord. However, not only is it a sin against your own body, it brings disgrace against your father too! Basically, no sex outside of marriage. Many people do not follow this today because sex is readily available. That still does not make it okay. Thank God, however, for grace. You can still mess up and receive His forgiveness like I have done so many times.

How does it bring disgrace against your father?  It isn't necessarily his fault that it happened considering he can't control you.  Well in the bible he was supposed to control your whole life, but I just don't accept that as what's best.  Being sold by your father is crazy enough, don't get me started.

Question 4: Why does the bible contain so much anti-scientific non-sense.

Quite honestly, I could have gone without the non-sense jargon but I will tell answer your question. It does contain a lot of anti-scientific "non-sense". Becuase, if you believe in God, you believe He created science. Therefore, He is stronger than science.
In fact, one example, look at the stars, the planets, everything. All held together by gravity. Is it easier to believe that that all happened by chance or by creation? Do an experiment, take a foam ball and stick a bottle rocket in it. Hold it over some butcher paper and then ignite the fuse. Mark all of the spots on the butcher paper whee the foam ball landed. Then do it again. It wont happen the same way twice. Therefore you would have to believe that it all came into existence by chance. Mutation? Come on. Even though Darwin's theories are very much believable as far adaption and such, you cannot possibly tell me that my grandmother was a fish or a monkey. That does not even make sense.
As far as the flood. It can in fact be explained. Some people theorize that water vapor and such circulated around the earth in the atmosphere. Thus all of the guys in Noah's days living so long, because of a lack of solar radiation aging the body. But! Notice what it says, man began to be limited to 120 years. (Yes, some guys lived longer but I don't know why. And I am okay with that.) God is very scientific if you pay attention. I believe that all of His miracles were not just happenstance but rather some scientific methodical way of doing things.
A lot of people, when discussing Jonah believe that he survived by air pockets in the belly of the whale. Its far-fetched I am sure but even so, God is bigger than science. I know that is the answer you were looking for.
Adam, ha, what happens when we die... we decay and turn into dust. Why is it so hard to believe that God made the first humans out of the material we become when our bodies die?
But I want to draw your attention to something, look at chapter 4 in Jonah (the same example you gave me). I want to prove my initial point. Everything is very methodically done which makes my point. Nothing divine other than God commanding or providing. He provided a vine, provided a worm, a scorching East wind. You see, everything is done scientifically, but God is in the science! As we move on in this world, science and God do not go against each other, but they actually are proving one another right!

You contradicted yourself.  First you said:  "It does contain a lot of anti-scientific "non-sense". Becuase, if you believe in God, you believe He created science. Therefore, He is stronger than science." Then you said:  "You see, everything is done scientifically, but God is in the science! As we move on in this world, science and God do not go against each other, but they actually are proving one another right!"

#5: Why is the bible such a huge proponent of slavery?

It isn't. Good try. This was a failed attempt at trying to justify slavery in the pre-Civil War South. But, I will humor you and look at your arguments.

#1 Exodus 21:20-21
Here, God is calling slaves property. When one has a slave, it is a foreigner. When someone is a foreigner they are usually under the wrath of God for wickedness. When one takes a foreigner as a slave, it is for punishment for wickedness. Therefore, it is better to be a slave than to be dead if you are wicked would not you agree? Therefore, by being a slave, God was allowing you to live and be punished rather than dying and be punished forever. And you may be thinking, "Were not other Israelites slaves too?" No, they were bond-servants. If you know your laws, then you know about the day of Jubilee. If not, then every 50 years, a festival was held called the Year of Jubilee. This was a year to honor the Lord. Each and every Israeli slave had the opportunity to go free. Some, however, stayed and gained honor and favoritism with their master and was considered like family.

#2 Colossians 3:22, Ephesians 6:5, 1st Peter 2:18
Ah yes, I knew these would come out. First off, where does it say that slavery is permitted? Yes, it was cultural to have slaves. Often times though slaves were like family. Even if someone converted and they had slaves, their slaves would not want to go. Same as the Year of Jubilee which I touched on earlier. Often times slaves did not want to leave even when allowed to because they had it made. So Paul is saying, be kind to them. Honestly, if I had no bills and everything was taken care of for me for free, I would not mind being a slave for a truly christian master.

God said you could beat your slave and it was cool as long as the slave didn't die from it.  I wouldn't want to be a slave for someone who beat me up.  I will accept though that there were slaves that were treated better than others, even almost as family.  God very clearly permits slavery by not denouncing it, but rather, giving directions on how to go about doing it.  God could have easily said, "Slaves are forbidden!  As I am your master, no man shall ever be."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:59:16 AM by GotMooo »

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
#6: Why do bad things happen to good people?

This is a really good question. Theologians have been asking this for centuries. In fact, this is my favorite question from your ten. I really wanted to save this for last but I do not want to break order. First off, I have already asked you that one must decide is it God or man who is evil. If you want my answer, it is man who is evil. Everything bad that ever happens in this world is because of me, Billy Graham, St. Paul, Mother Theresa, you, Adam, Eve, and everybody. Because of our sin, we are constantly being judged. You might say but God is love! If your child lies to you, do you not punish them? Think of it like that. Because we make God suffer, we all suffer too. It is sad but think of it from God's point of view. At least He gave us some life. And those who do not live long are in heaven because they are not mentally capable of sinning. But those of us that are, we make the wrong decision every time and sin. But God in His love and grace has provided a way to escape from eternal punishment.
Now why do bad things happen to those who are Christians? Because through the bad things that have happened to His martyrs, many people have become Christians. That is why Paul said to live is Christ, to die is gain. Whatever gets the gospel out is good! Even if it means death. You are probably thinking, "What about those that abandon the faith?!" Jesus said "... deny me and I will deny you before my Father..." He also said that the "narrow is the gate, and narrow is the road that leads to it..." In other words, being a Christian will not make life easy. Health and Wealth gospels are crap. I find God more when I am at my worst and He is helping me through it than I do when I am doing well. Therefore, I choose the narrow road that leads to the narrow gate.

I would like to encourage you to see this site:  http://www.morelifenow.org.  This is the church I go to sometimes, for my parents.  They're main message is simple, to prosper in every area!  Same with Joel Osteen's message, and many others.  The teachings these pastors use come from Jesus and how he teached about being wealthy and all.  Why do you not accept them?

#7: Why didn't any of Jesus' miracles leave behind any evidence?

He did, He prophesied many events. Probably being the most famous is the destruction of the temple (Matthew 24). He predicted that it would happen before all of His disciples would die. In ca. a.d. 70, or a.c.e. 70, the temple was destroyed. And I believe Josephus recorded the event. Let me warn you, if you check over Matthew 24, it is a confusing passage and it is meant to be confusing (Jesus said in Matthew 13:11-17 that His teaching would be confusing). You see, in Matthew 24, he jumps back and forth quite a bit between the destruction of the temple and His second coming, not to be confused with the fact that he has already come again. Many things that happened in a.c.e. 70, or a.d. 70, are types. A type is something in scriptures that symbolizes prophecy. For example, our boy Jonah was in the belly of a fish for three days and three nights. Jesus was in the grave for three days and three nights. So, if you check over it, I hope you are not confused.
As for other miracles, I am not sure any miracles you are wanting would still have done the trick. He said that a wicked and perverse generation always looks for a sign, is that faith? Where does faith come in? Paul said that Abraham listen and believed (was faithful) and it was credited to him as righteousness. Faith is the way to receive righteousness. Sin is believing that we know better than God. Evil deeds are not sin but rather the product of sin such as killing, stealing, lying. God is love, if we do not have God, we do not have love (as God calls it). So when we are faithful to God, we love. Love is the miracle! John 13:34-35 says, "A new command I give to you to love one another. As I (Jesus, who was God) have loved you, so you must love one another. BY THIS ALL MEN WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE MY DISCIPLES."
Also, Romans 13:8-10 teaches that true love does not sin against its brother. Therefore true love is perfect. No Christian, however, will ever be perfect until they go to heaven. But we strive for perfection and receive God's grace when we fail. Not love like a friend that loves another friend. Love as God sees love. Again, Love is the miracle.
I am so sorry many people that claim Christ have failed the world in this aspect of loving humanity in hating gays, people that disagree with them, and so on. I am so sorry. But Love is the true miracle, real Love. Yes you can love your wife, or girlfriend. But when you know God, love takes on a whole new meaning. It did in my life.

Where's the evidence?  Oh, the destruction of the temple was a no-brainer.  You see, for thousands of years religions have fought other religions.  When they fight each other, these things happen.  That simple.  And even if it was the real deal, how do we know that he really said that and that it wasn't just put in the good book later on after it happened.

Seeing people who are nice, generous, and faithful can easily be interpreted as something that isn't a miracle of Jesus.  Finally, love is not exclusive to the Judeo-Christian God.  There are many religions that preach on love.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 05:02:44 AM by GotMooo »