Author Topic: so... just because wwgha then you wont believe?  (Read 5433 times)

Offline fishjie

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
Re: so... just because wwgha then you wont believe?
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2011, 01:30:05 PM »
ah norway massacre by fundamentalist christian nutjob.   guy isn't even apologetic, he literally said he felt like he was "saving norway".   

just another example that religion != morality.   

“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" Blaise Pascal

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »
padawan, I do hope since you were back yesterday, that you'll fidn time to answer my questions soon.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2011, 07:52:27 AM »

thank you for your concern. what are my heavy issues?

i suppose my lack of proper english has led you to miss that i said i do not do bad things because of my conscious. i am quite far removed from doing bad things. i have never smoked (except second hand?), i have never been drunk, i have never used illicit drugs,   

You forgot to add "I have never lived a day in my life"  :o

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2011, 07:21:32 PM »
The bible spends quite a while describing how and when you should eat human flesh:

DEU  28:53-57

So why don't you Christians eat human flesh?

Well if you read the verses in there contexts you will see that it is not a command but a warning of what will happen if the Israelites disobeyed. The preceding verses talk a nation coming and laying seige to their cities and being trapped inside the turn to cannibalism (slaughtered that word). It is not a command, not even close.
Closer than you think.

Read it again. All the other things that God cause to happen (if you don’t accept Him) concern plagues, drought, being captured, etc. You can’t do anything about these things. However, He then has you eat your own children – and you can do something about that… unless God is forcing you to.

Read it again. This is what God will cause to happen to you. Now, would God make you do something wrong?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
Sheesh, what brought this thread back to life?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2011, 08:29:46 PM »
Who says "sheesh" anymore?

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2011, 09:40:10 PM »
I was necromancing it.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2011, 08:24:10 AM »
To be honest to myself, my arguements for God tend to be somewhat self satisfying. In effect I am using you to try to argue that to myself that there is no God. Honestly that is what my body desires. With no God, i have no worries about "karma" or the afterlife. I dont have to care if i decide to break into someones house and shoot them, sell drugs, rob banks, anything. It doesnt matter. The world is my oyster and I can do anything my little cold heart desires.

Unfortunately to this effect, I have this constant nagging voice. It tells me God is real. It tells me to remember the things ive seen, the things Ive read, the things ive done.

So i take up the pro-god stance and I employ you to convince me otherwise. I WANT you to convince me otherwise. I really do.

Whatcha got?

Whatever you believe, if God is real, it should not make you worry about karma or the afterlife or whatever. Even if a God does not exist, why would someone want to shoot someone in their own home, do drugs, etc? Is the answer because it makes you feel good for some reason? If the world is your oyster and you can do whatever you want, doesn't that apply to every other creature that lives on this planet, including other people?

If you do take up the "Pro-God" stance, but want someone to convince you otherwise, look at all the bad things God has done. The link below might help, if not, that is your problem :)

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,19928.0.html
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz