Author Topic: Why do men have nipples?  (Read 9091 times)

Offline rockv12

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-44
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Why do men have nipples?
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »

and more nonsense claiming that people haven't answered what he thinks are the "tough questions evolution poses".

The tough questions can't even be answered by "experts" on evolution.  Google search it.  It's what most do in here...post a quick link to prove a point.  But nobody likes to explain things for themselves.  If ALL the evidence points to evolution, then answer a question or two.  Step by step, how did the hummingbird evolve?  No wikipedia....just words.  You don't really have to, but if you want to that would be great.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2012, 11:02:20 PM »
I was just talking about that, not like I thought I knew something about it.

When you make a statement, people expect you to actually know what the hell you're talking about. Otherwise, you just look like an idiot

All I meant by that is I don't know how a man with a child could breastfeed the baby if the nipples can't get in the baby's mouth.

You don't actually have to get something in your mouth to suck it. You can simply put your lips around it
And, once again, that is most clearly not what was written. You should try writing what you mean

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2012, 11:04:54 PM »

and more nonsense claiming that people haven't answered what he thinks are the "tough questions evolution poses".

The tough questions can't even be answered by "experts" on evolution.  Google search it.  It's what most do in here...post a quick link to prove a point.  But nobody likes to explain things for themselves.  If ALL the evidence points to evolution, then answer a question or two.  Step by step, how did the hummingbird evolve?  No wikipedia....just words.  You don't really have to, but if you want to that would be great.
My God!  God exists in you - you were home-schooled, weren't you?  Don't worry - I used to be just like you.  Then I watched the science channel, discovery channel, etc. because I found them more fascinating than the other reality crap.  Then I started researching for myself.  I find physics most enjoyable.  If you want to expand your mind, the information is out there.  And no, nobody is worrying about how a hummingbird evolved from another form of bird..  If you want to hypothesize, why don't you study the dna variances?
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2012, 11:06:28 PM »
$an' i put it into drive till i run out of road; and i go, and i go and i go go go, till i hear that banjo!!

Offline rockv12

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-44
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2012, 12:15:46 AM »

My God!  God exists in you - you were home-schooled, weren't you?  Don't worry - I used to be just like you.  Then I watched the science channel, discovery channel, etc. because I found them more fascinating than the other reality crap.  Then I started researching for myself.  I find physics most enjoyable.  If you want to expand your mind, the information is out there.  And no, nobody is worrying about how a hummingbird evolved from another form of bird..  If you want to hypothesize, why don't you study the dna variances?

Homeschooled for a few years...how is that applicable?  Against forum rules to post off-topic responses, btw. 

I watch the Science Channel all the time.  It blows your mind!  Science is awesome!

Why all the responses that I don't study or gather information?  Does everyone think I've never cracked a book in my life?  Come on!

A hummingbird evolved.  Still no answer to how.  And I'm the idiot? 

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +825/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2012, 06:36:05 PM »
You are not an idiot if you don't know how a hummingbird evolved. That's just ignorance. You are only an idiot if you think nobody can ever know how a hummingbird evolved, so why bother looking. That is willful stupidity. :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »
Sorry about that, guys.  Rockv12 was following me around to different forum threads discussing a topic we were arguing back on a thread he/she started..

It wasn't meant to be brought to these other threads, my apologies.  The corrections and such have already been made on both our parts in the original thread.  And I was up pretty late arguing this - my brain was mush and wanted to scream - injustice!

The person probably saw how bad I had command of english and wanted to specifically start an argument with me.. btw

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »

Homeschooled for a few years...how is that applicable?  Against forum rules to post off-topic responses, btw. 

I watch the Science Channel all the time.  It blows your mind!  Science is awesome!

Why all the responses that I don't study or gather information?  Does everyone think I've never cracked a book in my life?  Come on!

You just seem like you're trying to do homework without the work.  Most people here aren't biology majors, so don't know the specific geneology of hummingbirds.  The question doesn't even make sense.  Did you want all the steps between single celled life and a hummingbird?  Then what?
Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2012, 08:35:54 PM »
Sorry about that, guys.  Rockv12 was following me around to different forum threads discussing a topic we were arguing back on a thread he/she started..

It wasn't meant to be brought to these other threads, my apologies.  The corrections and such have already been made on both our parts in the original thread.  And I was up pretty late arguing this - my brain was mush and wanted to scream - injustice!

The person probably saw how bad I had command of english and wanted to specifically start an argument with me.. btw

Lot's of people have pets.

I suppose he's too big to be flushed.
Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2012, 08:47:59 PM »
OMG!  I have nipples!  I never knew..   :police:

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2012, 10:12:11 PM »
.. No, Jeremy, you can't get milk from them, so leave yourself alone.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
.. No, Jeremy, you can't get milk from them, so leave yourself alone.
Crap!  *hopes shot down*

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »

oh this is hilarious. I do love to see Christians lie for such petty thing.  It's so cute to see you do it, rockv12, and so nice to see you return to your own vomit.   Again, no dear, we don't have how hummingbirds evolved "step-by-step".  But we know that evolution works ever single time.  The fossil record goes from simple to complex over time.  We see how dinosaurs evolved into birds.  Then we know how birds have evolved to fit the various niches in the environment.  Pity yuo have nothing more than your god of hte gaps argument and of course no evidence that your god has done *anything*.  I have fossils, and evidence for evolution happening right now.  The prepondereance of the evidence sides with me.   And you've failed again.  Just myths that have no evdience to support them.  No evidence to support that your god is the only god responsible for this creation you claim, no evidence for the flood, the exodus, or the most important event in your religion, the resurrection. 

tah-dah.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +218/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »
The fossil record goes from simple to complex over time.  We see how dinosaurs evolved into birds. 

No it doesn't. Birds aren't more complex than dinosaurs. You've fallen for the old creationist information propaganda trick, 99.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2012, 10:24:33 AM »
No it doesn't. Birds aren't more complex than dinosaurs. You've fallen for the old creationist information propaganda trick, 99.

oh rllly  :)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2012, 05:34:47 PM »
The fossil record goes from simple to complex over time.  We see how dinosaurs evolved into birds. 
*bearing in mind that dinosaurs faced an extinction event where evolution may have had to start largely over..*

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +512/-18
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »
My car has a wiring loom with empty sockets where the built-in GPS, cruise control and electric seat go if I had bought the more expensive version. If I were to stick these gadgets in, they would work just as well as if the factory had fitted them.

Note how in male/female children the nipples are the same. We humans have a lot of male/female bits in common: arms, legs, liver, stomach, etc. The nipples are a case in point. They are there if the female hormone kicks in. If it doesn't, then like my empty sockets, nothing happens. If it does then there are the rudiments there to develop.

If you think about it, it would be more complicated for men to not have nipples.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +825/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2012, 05:31:06 PM »
My car has a wiring loom with empty sockets where the built-in GPS, cruise control and electric seat go if I had bought the more expensive version. If I were to stick these gadgets in, they would work just as well as if the factory had fitted them.

Note how in male/female children the nipples are the same. We humans have a lot of male/female bits in common: arms, legs, liver, stomach, etc. The nipples are a case in point. They are there if the female hormone kicks in. If it doesn't, then like my empty sockets, nothing happens. If it does then there are the rudiments there to develop.

If you think about it, it would be more complicated for men to not have nipples.

So nipples are like the unused ports in a computer.... :D
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »

That's one of the best nipple-auto electric comparisons I have seen for years.
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »

;D

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +512/-18
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2012, 06:21:04 PM »
Quote from: magicmiles link=topic=19215.msg501593#msg501593 date=1335997952
[/quote
Thanks, I write for the masses. :)
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2012, 09:31:46 AM »

indeed.  and a lovely bit of evidence for evolutionary theory it is.  No reason not to have them and so there they are.   and with the right hormones applied, any breasts can enlarge (handy for folks who need gender reassignment) and even produce milk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_lactation   

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +25/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »

I've not read anything about a hummingbird and evolution.  I must do so.  I assume those here don't have the answer.
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2012, 03:39:51 PM »
I assume those here don't have the answer.

You assume wrong. The idiot you quoted got his answers multiple times. He just ignored them.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
..and I assume no scientist has cared much to blast out to the world how a hummingbird evolved.  Why not a worm?  I haven't heard how grubworms evolved - must be proof that science isn't real!! [1]
 1. Your assumption here about science coincides with your assumption of God - you are saying because of the lack of evidence for something, then it must be true..  This is an error in logical reasoning.  Instead, you should be looking at evidence that supports a claim, instead of a claim that has no supporting evidence..  Wake up!

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2012, 07:54:17 AM »

I've not read anything about a hummingbird and evolution.  I must do so.  I assume those here don't have the answer.
Jst, I've observed that you run to anyone who claims to be a theist and are sure that they have the right answers.  For someone who claims to be following what the JW's follow, you glom on to any other theist, Plain Jane, and now rockv12, who you ignorantly think makes a "good" claim, of course with no evidence.  That amuses me because these other "good" theists are quite sure that your basic understanding of the bible and your god is completely wrong and you are doomed.

This, and your claim that you believe what the JWs say but can't be bothered with actually joining them, makes me think that you have no real beliefs but only want to be accepted by *anyone* who even remotely reflects your views.  Rockv12 is indeed the "idiot" because he ignores what she's been shown which makes him a willfully ignorant liar.  Not exactly the paragon of virtue that Christianity tells people to be. 
EDIT: thanks for catching that, MM.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:35:58 AM by velkyn »

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2012, 08:08:36 AM »
Rockv12 is indeed the "idiot" because she ignores what she's been shown which makes her a willfully ignorant liar. Christianity tells people to be.

Rockv12's profile shows male.
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.