Author Topic: Why do men have nipples?  (Read 10724 times)

Offline rockv12

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-44
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Why do men have nipples?
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »
You have not answered this question. You say that everything points to your god, but every god says that! If we were to take your god's word for it, we'd have to take every god's word for it. As I mentioned before, with all gods being equal in claims, I'd rather worship one I actually like, rather being coerced to follow one.

Every God has the proof my God does?  Show me this.  Why is my God so "unlikeable"?

Offline rockv12

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-44
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 05:56:09 PM »
I do laugh at how Christians often don't think through their claims. When I was a Christian myself, I didn't either, and when I realized how much my faith depended on ignorance I did all I could to remedy that.  That theists don't do this, even after being shown the problems with their religion, makes me roll my eyes. 

On ignorance?  Did you ever study apologetics? 

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +89/-2
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2012, 04:36:53 AM »
You have not answered this question. You say that everything points to your god, but every god says that! If we were to take your god's word for it, we'd have to take every god's word for it. As I mentioned before, with all gods being equal in claims, I'd rather worship one I actually like, rather being coerced to follow one.

Every God has the proof my God does? 

Lets see ... your god has zero proof and every other god has zero proof ... so, yeah, every god has the proof your god does.

Show me this. 

Erm, nope, we're the atheists, remember? We're not claiming the existance of ANY gods. Not yours, not any of the thousands of others.

Why is my God so "unlikeable"?

With the possible exception of Radegast, all gods are unlikeable.
You're not being singled out, btw. If a member of the allah-fanclub or a vishnu groupie shows up here making baseless claims, don't worry, we'll debunk those too.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »
On ignorance?  Did you ever study apologetics?
Yep, I know Christian apologetics quite well.  It's hilarious that a whole industry had to be invented to excuse this supposedly omnipotent, omniscient inability to communicate anything clearly.  It's also great since it gives lots of great evidence on how Christians all think their personal interpretation is the only "right" one.

Like so many Christians, you want to claim that your and only your god is responsible for the universe.  You want to claim that “Looky, see that my bible says this: Romans 1: 18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.” so that means that you can see him in the world.”  What your ignorance doesn’t allow you to consider is that most, if not all, religions claim this exact thing.   

You have no more evidence than any other theist that your god even exists, much less created anything.  Christian apologetics is based on the need for you to try to correct the failures of your religion.  You need to do acrobatics to try to claim your god has any more validity than the next.  Right now, I’m discussing Christianity with a Christian who wants to claim that Aquinas’ First Cause argument is evidence that the Christian god exists.  Well, that fails since all it does is special pleading and doesn’t even require the “first cause” to be the bible god at all. He’s also tried other Aquinian arguments which are so very bad since they postulate that as long as humans can imagine something, it “must” exist.  Wow, that means that all gods then exist, that Harry Potter must exist, that there must indeed be a lovely silver tea service in orbit around Zeta Reticuli.  Do you see how ridiculous this is? 

And yes, every god has the evidence your god does.  I assume you disagree. So present the evidence that you think only applies to your god.   AS for why your god is so “unlikeable”, well, there is that petty thing about assigning infinite punishment for finite “sins”.   There’s that problem with genocide on anyone who doesn’t worship it.  There’s the problem of the utter unjustness and unfairness of your god.  There’s the problem of it supporting slavery, and on and on and on.  It’s just one more Bronze/Iron Age deity, just a very powerful beign with petty human emotions and actions.  It’s no better than any other god from the time period.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2012, 09:36:04 AM »
Every God has the proof my God does?  Show me this.  Why is my God so "unlikeable"?

Seriously? You think Christianity is the only religion that there is/are god(s) that created the Earth, the universe, every living thing? Every religion has a god or gods that created everything. Did you ignore my previous points? The sun exists therefore Ra exists, the sun is proof of Ra. The sun points to Ra. The invisible qualities of Ra can be seen by the visible qualities of the sun.... blah, blah, blah. No matter what you can come up with, there were other religions thousands of years before yours spouting out the same stuff. Our question remains the same: How do we know yours is the REAL god if your god has just as much proof as all the other gods?

Do you not get this? Every creator god claims to have created the Earth. They cannot all be correct, but they can all be wrong. Since they all claim the same thing, it cannot be included in as proof unless there's something else to identify them as the creator.

Example:

You find a wallet on the ground. Since wallets are not normally on the ground, it had to have gotten there somehow. You ask, "Who's wallet is this?"

Vishnu: Mine!
Buddah: Mine!
Allah: Mine!
YHWH: Mine!
Jesus: Mine!
Pope: Mine!

So who does it belong to? In order to find out, you have to find some other qualifier to determine the owner, luckilly for us wallets normally have an ID in it. But, alas, no ID was found. No god left thier 'ID' anywhere in existence. That's why apologists say that he's, "outside of space and time." To make excuses... however this is actually a bad example because wallets do not occur naturally. The reason I used this example is because wallets are obviously human made and are known to have ownership when not on a shelf in a store.

That's the point of this site, trying to find the 'ID' of god, but for WWGHA specifically, the christian god. With this question being very relevant because outside of evolution, creationism, men having nipples makes no sense. Why people hit puberty as early as 12 when they have to wait and abstain till 18 to marry without needing parental conscent. With an All-Powerful god, this make no sense, but with evolution and the long timeframe that evolution needs, it does.

So, where is specifically your god's 'ID'? That cannot be claimed to be any other god's 'ID.' That no other god has claimed to be thier 'ID.'

----------------------------------

As to know why people don't like YHWH, Jesus, 'God.' Well, there's the whole trinity thing right? Jesus was there from the beginning, whenever 'God' ordered something, Jesus was in complete agreement with the father, otherwise it would have said, "God the father commands Joshua to slaughter every male villager regardless of age, including infants, and every woman that does not have an intact hymen to be put to death by the sword, while those that do are to be rounded up and forced to sleep with the men who killed thier families." << sure, it isn't exact wording, but read between the lines, after all, what woman would want to be the wife and have sex with the man that killed her family?

Oh, and that's 'God' playing nice, just wait till they get nasty. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:38:22 AM by TruthSeeker »

Offline Illuminatus99

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »
http://menshealth.about.com/od/conditions/a/Nipples_Men.htm

They are from the female X chromosome, however, given enough selection pressure if females were reduced to a small number and were lots of babies. Men may be able to produce milk

I've actually seen a guy squirt milk out of a nipple, he said if you stimulate them enough they'll start producing small amounts of milk. He claimed he started doing it because it was a great party trick, still weird.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2012, 11:24:04 PM »
If you Google the question you will find many plausible possible explanations from an evolutionary point of view?

I would like to know how creationists answer this question?
After all was not woman made after the creation of the first man. What use would Adam have for nipples?

All fetuses start off as a generic female it is only after further development when the Y chromasome kicks in and the fetus changes to male.

Because we would look really weird without them.

Although they can be quite sensitive.

[my emphasis]

Face palm. If men had no nipples, we would think that is normal, not weird. (Anyone remember the ship's captain in Around the world in 80 days?)Do we think it is weird that men have external genitalia and women have most of their stuff inside? Or do we accept that as normal?

Nipples are for babies to nurse. They are sensitive so that women will like for babies to nurse.[1] Men do not nurse babies. Why do men have nipples?
 1. Yeah I know they are fun to do other things with, and many women never nurse a child. Most of the time people are doing those other things with them. But that is not the primary evolutionary reason for them.  ;)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2012, 08:12:11 AM »
hmmm, has rockv decided he doesn't like anyone telling him why his god is so "unlikeable"? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »
Heck, if he'd only read the 32 chapters http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/god-toc.htm especially the sexist page that specifies  Numbers 31:14-18. If I wasn't so used to it by now, I'd be wondering why he hasn't replied regarding that. All we got from him was

*tumbleweeds*

I wish more were intellectually honest say, "Hmmm... I'm going to have to think about that and see if that's the kind of god I really want to condone the acts for, worship, and aspire to be. 'Be Perfect for the Lord is Perfect' and all that jazz. As a highschool boy I read god's "absolute morality" as morally abhorrent. I couldn't imagine how anyone that's read the bible could possible believe in that crap.

Rockv probably read those pages and those verses probably made him all lovey-dovey. I'd figure people would come to the forums after they read the pages... if they actually cared to know what the site was really about.

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »
My nipples help me landmark. Helps me know if my tie is on straight.
Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2012, 05:02:30 PM »

Truly, we are intelligently designed. Male nipples also have a variety of functions which most men are unaware of. I'll leave those up to your imagination. ;)
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2012, 05:16:14 PM »

Truly, we are intelligently designed. Male nipples also have a variety of functions which most men are unaware of. I'll leave those up to your imagination. ;)

To push the buttons on the microwave on cold mornings?

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2012, 05:21:49 PM »

I'd try that, but my microwave only has dials. :'(
Anyway, I was talking about something a little more "fun". ;)
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »

I'd try that, but my microwave only has dials. :'(
Anyway, I was talking about something a little more "fun". ;)

Hang your shirts on them while you do the ironing?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2012, 05:47:12 PM »
Hang your shirts on them while you do the ironing?

...Just how big do you think nipples are? :S
We choose our own gods.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2012, 10:04:05 PM »
I thought size wasn't supposed to matter.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »

The only people who say that are those who are lacking.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »

We have already been through this, Alzael. I ain't falling for it this time! You dangle these tempting tidbits in front of me and when I bite, you snatch it away. So to speak. You just keep your donkey endowment to yourself. ;)

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2012, 10:28:46 PM »

We have already been through this, Alzael. I ain't falling for it this time! You dangle these tempting tidbits in front of me and when I bite, you snatch it away. So to speak. You just keep your donkey endowment to yourself. ;)

I thought you kept saying you wanted pictures, but fine. I'll delete them from the camera then.

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »

I thought you kept saying you wanted pictures, but fine. I'll delete them from the camera then.

You say you have pix? Hmmmm. :?

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 10:56:43 PM »

You say you have pix? Hmmmm. :?

I deleted them already. You just finished telling me you didn't want them, remember? You're a very inconsistent woman.

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 11:01:43 PM »

There.  Now we've all seen a tit.
Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 11:03:29 PM »
^^^^^I am sending you the bill for cleaning the vomit off my keyboard. >:(

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2012, 11:11:27 PM »
Fair 'nuff.  I suppose I should have warned you before I just whipped it out like that.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2012, 11:13:50 PM »
Fair 'nuff.  I suppose I should have warned you before I just whipped it out like that.

Clearly you have some sort of disease or deformity. You should get those looked at.

Offline rockv12

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-44
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2012, 10:18:09 PM »
If you Google the question you will find many plausible possible explanations from an evolutionary point of view?

I would like to know how creationists answer this question?
After all was not woman made after the creation of the first man. What use would Adam have for nipples?

All fetuses start off as a generic female it is only after further development when the Y chromasome kicks in and the fetus changes to male.

I'd begin by answering the tough questions that evolution poses, instead of silly questions about nipples to disprove creationism. 

Nipples are nipples.  They look nicer than not having any at all.  If this is proof that evolution is true, then, oh boy, do I have some questions for evolutionists....

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »

I'd begin by answering the tough questions that evolution poses, instead of silly questions about nipples to disprove creationism. 

Nipples are nipples.  They look nicer than not having any at all.  If this is proof that evolution is true, then, oh boy, do I have some questions for evolutionists....
I'm pretty sure you're the only one taking this thread seriously.  (Personally, I never pass up an opportunity to refer to Falwell as a "tit".)

If you have a question about evolution, feel free to start a thread. 

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »

wow.  so as long as rockv12 like nipples, that's all the reason he needs for them to exist.  Why his god wants the same things as rock12, so that must mean there is a god!  ;D

and more nonsense claiming that people haven't answered what he thinks are the "tough questions evolution poses". 

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »
I love how non-scientists who have never conducted a lab experiment or even read a relevant science journal think they have come up with a substantial critique of a scientific theory.

The TOE forms the foundation of the life sciences, has survived scientific challenges for 150 years and is supported by thousands of real-life applications. The TOE helped to create the fields of epidemiology, physical anthropology and genetics, for example, and is the basis for most of what police investigators do in CSI.

I would never propose that I know more about a subject than the experts who have dedicated their lives to studying it. But rockv12 knows of something that falsifies evolution-- something that biologists have never thought of over the past 150 years!

Your Nobel Prize awaits, rockv12. &)