Author Topic: Just a note [#556]  (Read 258 times)

Offline DL

Just a note [#556]
« on: October 19, 2008, 03:54:31 PM »

U throw into one bag believing in God and being religious. Well, what if i tell u that i am not a religious person. I dont like ANY religion. Still i do believe in God. Can u explain the big jump from non-living matter into the living one, instead of talking about religion and only Christian religion in that? Can u explain how can it be that the universe works according 2 the laws of physics and mathematics and other science without the superintelligence creating it all?

If the universe bigan with the big bang, can u tell me what was BEFORE the big ban? And if there was nothing how can it happened that everything created itself by itself and according 2 these laws of science out of nothing? Do u have any experience of anything that has created ITSELF out of nothing? Can scientists create even a simplest living being like bacterium? Yeah, i hear u, but it's modification NOT creation. If u thought i was going 2 ask u questions about Christianity or other religion, then ur greatly mistaken.

[name]

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
Re: Just a note [#556]
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 08:19:15 PM »
Can u explain the big jump from non-living matter into the living one, instead of talking about religion and only Christian religion in that?

Do I know for sure... nope.  But scientists have many hypotheses.  I chalk it up to 1.) chemistry and 2.) a lot of time.

Can u explain how can it be that the universe works according 2 the laws of physics and mathematics and other science without the superintelligence creating it all?

I'm just an atheist... I don't have every scientific answer about our origins.  But why does there *have* to be an intelligence behind the formation of our universe?

If the universe bigan with the big bang, can u tell me what was BEFORE the big ban?

I'll take the answer of the "law of conservation of mass-energy" for this one.  Mass and energy cannot be created or destroyed, only change forms.  By this, *our* universe has not always existed but *a* universe has always existed.  What existed before our universe... another universe. What existed before that; another universe.  How many universes have always existed... I don't know but some scientists have hypotheses.

Do u have any experience of anything that has created ITSELF out of nothing?

As far as we know... something cannot come from nothing... but by what we know currently, there has always been a something.

Can scientists create even a simplest living being like bacterium?

Scientists have created the most basic of cells in the laboratory.  Can they reproduce and evolve and otherwise be considered life... no... not yet....
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
Re: Just a note [#556]
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:07:49 PM »

U throw into one bag believing in God and being religious. Well, what if i tell u that i am not a religious person. I dont like ANY religion. Still i do believe in God.

Can you provide proof for this god rather than your apparent god of the gaps that you've got going on?

Can u explain the big jump from non-living matter into the living one, instead of talking about religion and only Christian religion in that?

Can I explain it with certainty? Surely not! Science is working on it. What's your point? Saying "I don't know so it must be God" isn't an answer.

Can u explain how can it be that the universe works according 2 the laws of physics and mathematics and other science without the superintelligence creating it all?

What makes you believe there MUST be super-intelligence behind it. The universe is what it is because it simply is. Get it? If it weren't the way it is, it'd be different. That's really all there is to it. You seem to be under the assumption that the universe is obligated to be the way it is. It isn't.

If the universe bigan with the big bang, can u tell me what was BEFORE the big ban?

Sure can't.

And if there was nothing how can it happened that everything created itself by itself and according 2 these laws of science out of nothing? Do u have any experience of anything that has created ITSELF out of nothing?

Of course not. But who ever said it came out of NOTHING?

Can scientists create even a simplest living being like bacterium? Yeah, i hear u, but it's modification NOT creation.

???

If u thought i was going 2 ask u questions about Christianity or other religion, then ur greatly mistaken.

Uh, I had no expectations for your questions.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote