Author Topic: God does heal amputees  (Read 27179 times)

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
Re: God does heal amputees
« Reply #464 on: November 20, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
God did heal an amputee.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #465 on: November 20, 2011, 01:27:03 PM »
God did heal an amputee.

Odin did kill all ice giants.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #466 on: November 20, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »
Thats nonsense, and u know it.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #467 on: November 20, 2011, 01:32:38 PM »
Thats nonsense, and u know it.

I see many amputees.
I see no ice giants.

Quod erat demonstrandum, I win.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #468 on: November 20, 2011, 01:33:28 PM »
Lucifer, I find it interesting that you have "truth is powerful, and it prevails" on your sig. So you believe in absolute truth?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #469 on: November 20, 2011, 01:34:46 PM »
Lucifer, I find it interesting that you have "truth is powerful, and it prevails" on your sig. So you believe in absolute truth?

If you wish to discuss my sig, do it in another thread (one that you create for that purpose). If you do it here, it just looks like you're dodging.
We choose our own gods.

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #470 on: November 20, 2011, 01:35:48 PM »
Dodging what? Is there a question in your past posts I missed?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #471 on: November 20, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »
Dodging what? Is there a question in your past posts I missed?

No direct question.
You say that God has healed an amputee (and therefore has no problem doing it again). I say Odin has killed an ice giant (and therefore had no problem doing it again).
There are no ice giants around, but there are amputees. So either your god is not more powerful than Odin or Odin is the true god.

Still, if you wish to ignore that, you'll still need to make another topic. This one is about God's ability (or lack thereof) to heal amputees.
We choose our own gods.

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #472 on: November 20, 2011, 01:41:59 PM »
Christ healed the soldier in the garden after his ear was cut off. That would be healing an amputee.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #473 on: November 20, 2011, 01:42:33 PM »
Christ healed the soldier in the garden after his ear was cut off. That would be healing an amputee.

And the evidence for this would be...?
Hint: The Bible is not a historical document.
We choose our own gods.

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #474 on: November 20, 2011, 01:45:29 PM »
And you've come to this conclusion based on????

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #475 on: November 20, 2011, 01:46:21 PM »
Sorry, my bad. I sound like an Athiest. Answering a question with another question. of course it is historically accurate in many ways.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #476 on: November 20, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »

Whoa, didn't see that one coming.  :-\

So, you're using the bible to back up the bible.... Can you see how stupid that is? In what way is it historically accurate. NOTE: If you use the bible to show how historically accurate the bible is then you're on the wrong forum and it wont be long until you get you ass handed to you.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #477 on: November 20, 2011, 01:50:36 PM »
Sorry, my bad. I sound like an Athiest. Answering a question with another question. of course it is historically accurate in many ways.

You didn't ask a question but, even if you had, mine was rhetorical, not to mention that you can't "sound like an Athiest". First of all, there's no such thing. There are "atheists"[1], but the only sentence that you can say to sound like one is "I don't believe in gods".
Now that we have that out of the way:
There's no evidence for what you're claiming. If you wish to posit that christian mythology is historically accurate without providing evidence, then so is Norse mythology, Greek mythology and so on. And their gods made promises that they actually kept.
 1. Lowercase "A" (unless it's the first word in a sentence) and "ei", not "ie".
We choose our own gods.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #478 on: November 20, 2011, 01:58:43 PM »
Not to mention that b2's approach demonstrates that (s)he doesn't understand the point of the site's question.

B2, does it bother you that you didn't understand the point of the site's question?
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #479 on: November 20, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »

That's nonsense (my bolding above). Prove that Adam and Eve existed, as well as the Garden of Eden, and that they were able to somehow spawn a genetically diverse population from just their gene pool. Prove the Flood, the Exodus, the miracles that Jesus performed, his Resurrection. Let me guess. You are going to point right back to the Bible. You Christians believe the Bible is God's Word. Yet you base proof of his existence partially on the Bible. Circular reasoning. 
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline blue

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • Not cool, Zeus.
« Reply #480 on: November 20, 2011, 02:19:34 PM »
When the circular arguments come out, this graphic always seems helpful.

B2, hope you find this helpful and enlightening.
There’s no difference between a bunch of theologians sitting around debating scripture than a bunch of D&D nerds sitting around debating which version of the Player’s Handbook to use.

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #481 on: November 20, 2011, 02:24:54 PM »
He thank you. The 5 portico porch found recently was a significant discovery. John referred to it in his gospel. Many critics had used this illustration as a reference that the bible can not be trusted because they had never found anything other than 4 portico porches in that time in Jerusalem. The recent discovery of the 5 portico porch is a very small example of even though "experts' think the Gospel writers were not documenting historical facts, they were. I think many discoveries have proven that.

And Azdgari, no, I'm not bothered by your perception that I don't understand the point of the site's question. But thanks for your concern.

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #482 on: November 20, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »
Blue, tell me, how does the myth, or religion of evolution differ from your example of the Wheel of Power?
I am not saying you believe in evolution, but would like to see your comparison.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #483 on: November 20, 2011, 02:29:17 PM »
Blue, tell me, how does the myth, or religion of evolution differ from your example of the Wheel of Power?
I am not saying you believe in evolution, but would like to see your comparison.

For one, evolution is neither a religion nor a myth. It has been proven beyond reasonable doubt and does not require belief in it for it to have some sort of placebo effect.
We choose our own gods.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #484 on: November 20, 2011, 02:29:59 PM »
*Sigh.* B2, evolution is not a religion. Evolution is based on science, which is based on careful observations and repeated experiments.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #485 on: November 20, 2011, 02:39:09 PM »
Definition of science from dictionary.com:

sci·ence [sahy-uhns] 
noun
2. systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

You should try to learn more about this rather than trusting your Bible.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:42:57 PM by curiousgirl »

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #486 on: November 20, 2011, 03:05:16 PM »

Did you get a flu shot this year?  Have you ever gotten one?
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #487 on: November 20, 2011, 03:14:28 PM »
And Azdgari, no, I'm not bothered by your perception that I don't understand the point of the site's question. But thanks for your concern.

If you understood the point of the question posed by the site, then you would, reasonably, have been expected to pose a response which addresses it, instead of the one you actually did.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +586/-20
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #488 on: November 20, 2011, 03:37:16 PM »
So, B2 said "God did heal an amputee", a straightforward statement missing a very important thing, evidence, as in, "which amputee did God heal?"  After a short bit about Odin and ice giants, we find out that the amputee that God supposedly healed is a Roman soldier who's ear was cut off by one of the disciples.  Nothing that can be proven or demonstrated to modern skeptics in other words.  When pressed, he points to the recent discovery of a five-portico porch in the Temple ruins of Jerusalem (and other, unnamed things) to prove that it is a historical document and thus that the tale of the soldier being healed is true.  Then there's some unsupported nonsense about evolution being a myth or a religion, which is a common mistake.

B2, if I were to write a fictional story about New York City, I would naturally want to use things that actually exist in New York City in order to make a better story.  But the fact that those things are in my story doesn't prove my story to be true.  That is the argument you are making, that because things like this five-portico porch (which we only have your word on, evidence please) have been found, everything else in the Bible from that time frame is true.  Doesn't fly.

Also, kindly show us how evolution is either a myth or a religion.

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #489 on: November 20, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »
I agree completely with your definition of Science. You keep throwing that in everyones face, but it only serves to prove my point. Thank you by the way.

But how does evolution fit even remotely into that category? The only evolution that scientifically has been proven is micro evolution...or variations. Dogs produce other kinds of dogs, cats produce variations of cats, but a mouse doesn't produce a variation of a Giraffe. those Macro events could never be found by Darwin, ever. The missing link so to speak. However, In Genesis, God commands that the land produce animals according to their own kind. That's variation, and it is a scientific fact. Bonus!!! Science actually reveals Gods creation according to his WORD. Curious girl, **bigger sigh** need to do more studying I fear.

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #490 on: November 20, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »
Ahhhh...I see jaimehlers, you believe that it's a big hoax. How is that possible? The entire bible, made up in an effort to deceive all humanity? You give humans way to much credit. We're not that smart.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #491 on: November 20, 2011, 03:49:10 PM »
b2, I'd smite you a thousand times if I could. You are ignorant, unable to comprehend even the simplest of things and, worst of all, unwilling to learn.
You have repeatedly shown your ignorance of science in every post you've ever written. I suggest you go back to school and study before coming here again.
We choose our own gods.

Offline b2

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #492 on: November 20, 2011, 03:58:20 PM »
Back to evolution, say cosmic evolution. Where in the science books does it succinctly say, the universe was created by the big bang? Most will say, they think it happened that way, or we are led to postulate it might have happened that way, but not one scientist will tell you that the creation of the universe was observed, tested and documented. So it is a belief system that you choose to adopt, because the burden of proof you expect the Christian to give for Gods creation is given a free pass on evolution. It takes more faith to believe that than to believe in the bible. Now you can believe in the Big Bang, or the cookie monster, or the lochness monster, or santa....but it is not science by sciences definition.

On the other hand, i would propose that the very meaning of the word Universe, or translated as  Uni = single  and Verse = a spoken sentence, gives an insightful meaning into the origins. And I just happen to know the sentence .....Let there be light!