Author Topic: God does heal amputees  (Read 28426 times)

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +33/-0
Re: God does heal amputees
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2011, 02:09:45 AM »
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2011, 02:13:10 AM »
What is this concept of fairness you have?  Do you think you can judge God?  He has the power of life and death.  He can demand your life at any time.  Everything He does has a purpose, even if we are too ignorant to see it. 

Luke 12:4-5

'I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him"

You don't fear God, you believe you will just die and it will be over, that you won't be held responsible for your sins..but when you do die your spirit will leave your body, and then you will be afraid.  Imagine what that will be like.  God could demand your life at any time.  Save yourself and come to Christ before it is too late.

No one dies before his time and there are no guarantees on our life.  Today is the best you can hope for.  When God demands your life back from you, there is nothing you can do to avoid it.  This is why today is the day to know Jesus Christ.  It's the second death which is permanent..but Gods gift is eternal life.

servantofgod, I live in a world where babies die in the wombs of their mothers due to natural causes. According to you this is the work of Yahweh since "No one dies before his time[...]." Why would your god murder prematurely demand they return that life? Is that fair? Is it fair that you get to experience decades of existence while their lives are snuffed out before they even take one breath?

What is the point in extinguishing the lives of children before they have a chance to learn about your god? "I think I'll create a child that will live a six year lifespan of malnourishment and pain. He won't have the mental capacity to even entertain the thought of my existence and will have his life end face down in the dirt where upon vultures will pick him apart." If you disagree with this idea about your god's thought process, please explain what you think goes through his head when he creates such fitting beginnings and ends for the lives of the creations he loves.

The world isn't watched over by an all loving deity, servantofgod. The world just exists.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:15:00 AM by servantofgod »

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2011, 02:18:38 AM »
What was your question?

Reply #62

If I did have proof, would you believe it?  If I pointed to a story, wouldn't you question every last premise and believe none of it?  God can do anything, God isn't limited.  Your supposition is that God doesn't even exist.  So this nonsense about whether God has healed amputees or not is really just a mind game you play with believers.  It doesn't matter if God has healed amputees.  He can raise people from the dead.  It would be a lesser miracle in any sense to that.  You don't ask why hasn't God raised people from the dead?  That would be a more impressive demonstration, don't you think? 

The truth is, since you don't believe the scriptures it doesn't matter what miracle God does..it will never convince you.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +33/-0
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2011, 02:53:50 AM »
If I did have proof, would you believe it?  If I pointed to a story, wouldn't you question every last premise and believe none of it?

If you pointed to a story then yes, it is unlikely I would believe it, just as you don't believe that there is a school for wizards called Hogwarts. However, if you provided me with evidence then I probably would believe it. I think that one of the major problems you have is that you have somehow managed to convince yourself that 'story' and 'evidence' are synonyms when it comes to the bible.

God can do anything, God isn't limited.

Except god can't provide evidence of its existence, nor heal an amputee once, even if they are a true believer and pray sincerely?

In addition, how do you reconcile an omnipotent god with predestination?

ur supposition is that God doesn't even exist. 

Actually, it is your supposition that god exists and your further supposition that it is the judeo-christian god that exists. I make no suppositions, I simply await evidence upon which I can base belief, or not. Thus far you have failed to provide any.

It doesn't matter if God has healed amputees.  He can raise people from the dead.  It would be a lesser miracle in any sense to that.   

A lesser miracle? Where does that leave the story of the resurrection of christ?

You don't ask why hasn't God raised people from the dead?  That would be a more impressive demonstration, don't you think?   

Probably not. The precise moment of death is hard to define clinically and there are many people today who are alive because they were succesfully resuscitated from a point that would have been 'dead' in earlier times

The truth is, since you don't believe the scriptures it doesn't matter what miracle God does..it will never convince you.

Except
God can do anything, God isn't limited.
and yet he cannot convince me of the veracity of the scriptures or am I predestined not to believe them?
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Persephone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
  • Jamie want big boom.
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2011, 04:37:58 AM »
God can do anything, God isn't limited.  Your supposition is that God doesn't even exist.  So this nonsense about whether God has healed amputees or not is really just a mind game you play with believers.  It doesn't matter if God has healed amputees.  He can raise people from the dead.
I am going to make this simple.

Assumption: When you say, "God can do anything" you mean "There is nothing on earth that exists that God cannot do." If I am incorrect, please let me know.

What I'm trying to prove: If God cannot heal an amputee, then you cannot fairly say "he can do anything". Asking God to heal a single amputee is not a mind game played with believers. It is an example taken from that great pool of things you labeled "anything" in "God can do anything". All it takes is ONE example of something he cannot do to disprove your statement.

(What is your problem with the example we've chosen here? Why do you distract by pointing to supposed acts of raising from the dead?)

1. If your God can truly do ANYTHING, then he can do the SOMETHING that we have asked of him.

2. The SOMETHING we are asking him to do is "Heal an amputee".

3. He cannot (or will not).

4. There exists at least one thing your god cannot do (or refuses to do).

5. Therefore, your god is not omnipotent (or he is a sadistic bastard).

Please stop lying and saying that he is.

----------------------------------------

Here is my challenge to you, since you have faith. If you truly want us to see the power of God, pray for God to show himself in a way that is believable to us. Private revelation doesn't count because private revelation has given us Judaism (Abraham), 7th Day Adventists (Ellen G. White), Mormonism (Joseph Smith), Islam (Muhammad), Christianity (Paul) and any number of evangelical writers today who preface their talks and books with, "The Lord showed to me...."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:19:48 AM by Persephone »
Sheldon: Ever since you started having regular intercourse your mind has lost its edge. You should reflect on that.
Leonard: Well, Einstein had a busy sex life.
Sheldon: Yes, but he never unified gravity with the other forces. If he hadn't been such a hounddog we'd all have time machines.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +411/-5
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2011, 05:08:43 AM »
In regards to timing, give it time.  Just have faith that if He exists He heard you and will come to you in due time.  I can't tell you anything about Gods timing because I don't understand anything about it, other than it is always perfect.

I was called to say those words to people that day, which is why I said them to you.  He did not tell me anything about timing; all I know you is that you will not be disappointed.

Servant of God, you said:
You can know Christ, personally, today, by calling upon His in prayer and asking Him to reveal Himself to you.
(my bold)

YOU said we can know him today, by following your instructions.  I followed them.  Nothing happened.  Now (because nothing happened?) you are changing your tune.  "Due time".  "Give it time".  The same prevarication that we have heard time and again from Christians.

And I take the time to follow their instructions - and every time.....nothing happens.  And then come the excuses.

So I ask you, servant of god.  Why did you say "You can know Christ, personally, today" if that was not really what you meant?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2011, 05:17:41 AM »
ServantofGod...if Christianity dod not exist which religion do you think you would have bought into?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +411/-5
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2011, 05:26:53 AM »
Servant of God, I give you your own words....(all bolds mine)

This is why today is the day to know Jesus Christ. 

He has set it on me to tell you that He will prove it to you.  Pray like this:  Jesus, if you're real, I want to know about it.  I want to know you.  Please let me know you're real.  God bless.

In any case, this is the reason I am here.  Jesus put it on my heart to come here and tell anyone who will listen that He will reveal Himself to anyone who calls upon His name in sincere prayer, to have a relationship with Him.  He gave me this word specifically:

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

So call out to Him and He will come.  I don't know anything about before, I just know now is the time.  God bless. 

I was told to come to this forum and tell anyone who will listen that Jesus will reveal Himself to anyone here who asks in sincere prayer.  .....  God will let you know.  Test Him and see.

I have not held back the truth, which is this:

You can know Christ, personally, today, by calling upon His in prayer and asking Him to reveal Himself to you.

....Jesus put it on my heart to tell you here that Jesus is calling to you now.  He is calling you to come to Him and know Him personally.  I believe you have sought sincerely, but try one more time.  You will not be disappointed.   God bless.

Jesus put it on my heart to come here and tell you, and anyone else here who will listen, that if you ask to know Him sincerely, if you pray to Him and ask if He is real, He will reveal Himself to you.  I know He is serious about it so please, try Him once more.  If you seek you will find.  

Servant of God, please look at everything you wrote.  Over and over again, the stress that God himself told you that NOW is the time, THIS TIME it will work, TODAY is the time.

And I did exactly what you told me to do.  And it didn't work.....and suddenly you change your tune to "well, keep trying, it will happen sometime, I don't know when, I don't know....."

I'm not following..how did I lie or cheat?

I think you know full well how.  You, over and over again, said "do THIS, and you will know Jesus NOW".  Now either you were lying in everything I have quoted above....or perhaps God was lying to you when He told YOU what to say to us.

I'll close with one final quote of yours, which you may want to think about.

Are you comfortable with being a liar?  If you're not, then tell ... the truth.  Otherwise you're nothing but a hypocrite. 

Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2011, 05:27:26 AM »
Servantofgod, when you asked for permission to participate in this forum, you agreed to follow the forum's rules. Now you are breaking some of those rules.

Why did you lie when you signed up? Was it just ignorance?

And, now that you know preaching is against the forum rules ( I assume ignorance is your excuse). Now that you know making claims without evidenciary support is against forum rules, what are you going to do?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2011, 05:48:18 AM »
What is this concept of fairness you have?  Do you think you can judge God?  He has the power of life and death.  He can demand your life at any time.

{snip}

This is getting tired... preaching, moving the goalposts, not backing up assertions.  Reported.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2011, 07:28:49 AM »
You would shout it from the rooftops?  Those are beautiful words to hear.  I hope you remember them.  In regards to timing, give it time.  Just have faith that if He exists He heard you and will come to you in due time.  I can't tell you anything about Gods timing because I don't understand anything about it, other than it is always perfect.

I was called to say those words to people that day, which is why I said them to you.  He did not tell me anything about timing; all I know you is that you will not be disappointed.

Non Sequitur, Appeal to Emotion.

MORE DAKKA!
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2011, 07:37:20 AM »
What is this concept of fairness you have?  Do you think you can judge God?  He has the power of life and death.  He can demand your life at any time.  Everything He does has a purpose, even if we are too ignorant to see it. 

Of course we can judge god. By his own admission we know good and evil like he does, so we're perfectly capable of judging him. The rest is just more of your cowardice showing. So what if god is powerful. Do you believe then that power alone gives one being the right to do whatever he wants to another? The same thing applies to a being who thinks that he knows better than you do. Do you then accept that your government has the right to kill you just because they feel like it? They have great power as well.

Luke 12:4-5

'I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him"

I seem to recall before you spouting a whole deal about god holding love as his ultimate commandment. Now all of a sudden you're playing the 'fear his terrible wrath' card. Could you at least keep your stories straight. It's amazing how two-faced Christianity is, isn't it? You can easily switch from talking about gods love to condemnations borne of petty terror. What's even worse is that you can't even appreciate the dissonance that you put on display for everyone else to see. This is not about whether we should fear, this is about your fear. Your fear that you aren't a special person. Your fear that nobody will validate your existence for you. Your fear that you might actually have to take responsibility for yourself and your own actions. This is about the fear that you feel deep down in your gut when you look in the mirror every morning and realize that you've defined your existence on this earth by the shallow words of an ancient and primitive old book of myths and fairytales written by goatherders, and that without that book your life is nothing. But more than anything else, it is about your own fear that if you gave up your belief in that book you would never find another purpose in life because you lack the ability to stand on your own.

Please do not assume that everyone shares your terror.

You don't fear God, you believe you will just die and it will be over, that you won't be held responsible for your sins..but when you do die your spirit will leave your body, and then you will be afraid.  Imagine what that will be like.  God could demand your life at any time.  Save yourself and come to Christ before it is too late.

Again you show your own fear here. Why are you so afraid of someone that you claim is so loving? Were you lying when you said that? Or are you lying now as you have lied about everything else?

In the end, it always comes down to the threats with people like you. The vague and malicious threats because you have nothing left to stand on after your words have been shown to be as substantial as a meringue. For what it's worth you truly have my pity.

So this nonsense about whether God has healed amputees or not is really just a mind game you play with believers.  It doesn't matter if God has healed amputees.  He can raise people from the dead.  It would be a lesser miracle in any sense to that.  You don't ask why hasn't God raised people from the dead?  That would be a more impressive demonstration, don't you think?

You came in here claiming that it had happened all sorts of times. In fact the name of this thread is about god healing amputees. In four pages you haven't provided any evidence at all. The truth is that you don't know whether we'd believe if you showed evidence or not, because no one has ever shown it. You're simply making an excuse for your inability to show evidence.

Why should we ask god for a more impressive miracle when he can't even perform the 'lesser' one? Really SoG, this is just sad by this point.

"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Grimm

• Professional Windmill Tilter
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-1
  • Apparently, the Dragon to be Slain
    • The Hexadecimal Number of the Beast
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2011, 08:04:42 AM »
Servant -

Think of me - of us! - as children, if you like.  We begin with something of a blank slate, ready to receive your idea of God.  Unfortunately, you're not the only one trying to convince us.

What I see is you, among others, saying precisely the same thing to me that quite literally dozens of other believers have said, each one making the assumption that they were the first one to say it to me.  "Just pray," they say, "and God will reveal himself to you.  It's really very simple."  Well, I have.  Everyone here has.  I come from a believer's background, in fact, where I prayed and thought God had revealed himself, only to realize that what I thought was revelation was really only self-delusion.

That isn't to say that your personal revelation isn't - but I have nothing that says it is beyond your word.  Frankly, in something as important as My Immortal Soul, wouldn't you think it would be silly just to take someone's word for anything?  I need to see a little more than "it worked for me", just like any atheist does.

There is absolutely nothing you've said here that differentiates the truth of what you believe from the truth of what a Muslim, Mormon, Hindu, or Scientologist believes.  You have offered precisely the same evidence of truth that these faiths have - which is to say, nothing at all.

Your exhortation and threat to believe or fry is precisely equivalent to that of Islam.  Your statement of 'pray and it shall be revealed' matches up firmly with the revelation of Joseph Smith.  Your notion that god improves your life is equivalent to Scientology's 'tech'.

So tell me:  why should we believe you?
"But to us, there is but one god, plus or minus one."  - 1 Corinthians 8:6+/-2

-- Randall, XKCD http://xkcd.com/900/

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2011, 08:30:33 AM »
It doesn't matter if God has healed amputees.  He can raise people from the dead.  It would be a lesser miracle in any sense to that.  You don't ask why hasn't God raised people from the dead?  That would be a more impressive demonstration, don't you think? 

There is an important subtlety here that people have missed. (EDIT:except Alzael) SOG is quite right, bringing people back from the dead is an achievement, but healing an arm is rather trivial, because even some axolotls can do it. We may even have the technology to do it within a few years. So, what SOG has pointed out is that God can't do something trivial.

Oh, this is truth is it!

So, turning the sun red, moving Jupiter to another orbit and skywriting "I AM GOD AND THE BIBLE IS TRUE" (using comets), resurrecting JFK, taking out all the atheists to be spanked by the grim reaper, making the sky rain Tyrannosaurus Rexes, would not convince any atheists that God existed!

Tsk tsk. They are a stubborn lot.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:33:12 AM by Add Homonym »
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2011, 08:31:49 AM »
God can do anything, God isn't limited.  Your supposition is that God doesn't even exist.  So this nonsense about whether God has healed amputees or not is really just a mind game you play with believers.  It doesn't matter if God has healed amputees.  He can raise people from the dead.  It would be a lesser miracle in any sense to that.  You don't ask why hasn't God raised people from the dead?  That would be a more impressive demonstration, don't you think? 

You're right. God does exist and he can do anything. Scripture says so and if you believe scripture then you know it's true.

The scripture says he answers prayers right here:

"When My servants ask thee [O Muhammad] concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way."
(Sura 2 - Ayat 186)

Here are some more enlightening verses from scripture that you'll find compelling:

"Whosoever chooses to follow guidance, follows it for his own good; whosoever goes astray, goes astray to his own loss."
(al-Isra’ 17: 15)

"Whosoever holds fast to God, he has been guided onto the Straight Path.
(al-Imran 3: 101)

Especially this one:

"And they say, ‘None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian.’ These are their wishful beliefs. Say, ‘Produce your evidence if what you say is true!’
Nay, whosoever surrenders his whole being unto God, and is a doer of good, shall have his reward from his Lord; on them shall be no fear, neither shall they sorrow."
(al-Baqarah 2: 111-12)

So clearly servantofgod, you are a Muslim who believes in Allah and accepts Muhammad as his prophet and fasts during the month of Ramadan, correct?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:41:41 AM by plethora »
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2011, 09:19:37 AM »
Life from Death, witness the parable of the sower:

Lets start with this: DEATH OVER LIFE, NOT LIFE FROM DEATH. My username is a DEATH WORSHIPPING USERNAME, not a LIFE WORSHIPPING username. Please, if you don’t wish to abbreviate my username, and you really want me to take you seriously, GET MY NAME RIGHT 1ST!

While a large crowd was gathering and people were coming to Jesus from town after town, he told this parable: 5 “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds ate it up. 6 Some fell on rocky ground, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown

When he said this, he called out, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. 14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. 15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

Here is the thing, we are not children, the atheists here know far more about the Bible than you can even begin to understand, and that even includes me.

Yes, I already know about the parable. And you really messed up your testimony with your’ personal commentary, let me show you:

Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

The “Devil”. I’m sorry, but there is no personal devil that is really anti-God. Your’ good vs. evil concept is a Zoroastrian concept. Go read the Book of Job, where they show you your’ devil Satan is really one of God’s most trusted and faithful servants. Ch. 1 of Job is a great start!

Salvation, from what? God? So God sent His son to save us from Himself so we can be with Him for all eternity? Circular logic that makes no sense.

The rest of the parable, yes, you got the meaning of the parable! Congratulations!

The passage I highlighted applies to you.  Here is your answer:

John 6:39

And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Jesus has not forgotten you.  He has not abandoned you, and He will not give you up to the evil one.  Though you have forsaken Him, He has never forsaken you. 

Brother, I was elected.  God is more real to me than I am to myself.  No lie will darken the light I have been given by our Lord Jesus Christ.  Though you are deceived, you will be delivered from evil.  God bless.

Not even in your Christian Bible, is there a good vs. evil. It’s a Zoroastrian concept. Stop plagiarizing please.

Though you are deceived, you will be delivered from evil.

Coming from you, that is a compliment! Thank you!

God bless.

God Bless atheism indeed!

Sog, next time you want to talk to me, since your OP has stated you have proof of God healing amputees, please stop the preaching and show me some god damned evidence for once in your life.

Stop quoting Scriptures. The atheists know far more than you do. Stop preaching the Bible. Many here have read the Bible cover to cover with the Quran, with the Avesta, with many other religious books you can think of.

Please stop using the Bible as evidence, as the Bible has no evidence of anything. They are stories made up by man to brainwash and control you so you will not only get the fullest out of life, but will live a living hell while you are alive till you are dead and only once you are dead will you find out you’ve been lied to, and since you won’t exist anymore, you can’t say to yourself, man, I wish I lived a different life than what I did live.

The Bible has no evidence of what it validates, but if you bring us real proof that God heals amputees as your OP says and your claim that says you do, and you show it, I promise you I will retract every mean, harsh statement I’ve made, will issue a formal apology, and go back to Christianity in a heartbeat (if you show that it is the Christian God that did this and not Enki, nor Nergal, nor Baal, nor Thor, nor Odin, nor Loki, nor Zeus, nor Hercules, nor Hades, nor Shiva, nor Vishnu, nor Krishna, nor Moloch, nor Marduk, nor Poseidon, nor Ares, nor Quetzalcoatl etc.)

Offline Don_Quixote

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2011, 03:53:32 PM »
Loved that last post ^  &)

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON!
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2011, 04:31:48 PM »
Hmmmmmm.. God sent god to save us from god.. I wonder if I can walk into a bank with a loaded gun, walk up to a teller and tell them I'm there to save them from me robbing them.. I bet I get the key to the city.  &)
Imagine gaining favor with "Darwin's"...kind of like praying, huh?

http://freeclassicflix.co.cc

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +280/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2011, 09:16:28 PM »
Unsupported assertion and argumentum ad baculum -- In a nutshell, nothing more or less than psychological terrorism.

And here is My response:  Heaven, Hell and My Bodhisattva Vow.  Please read it all the way through, Servantofgod.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
I know you're hurt, and I am sorry.  Every atheist here knows they are seperated from Gods love.  That's why they're so angry.  They desire that more than anything and they've all admitted it, even fessing up to praying to Him.  You've admitted it as well..and you know what you're doing isn't right.  You're doing this because you are angry at your seperation and this is your rebellion.

You know God is real, and so does everyone else here.  You also know that you're guilty.  Well I'll tell you what..throwing a fit isn't going to change anything.  You can stomp and cry and rage against Jesus from now until your death...it won't change a thing.  You'll still be guilty and rightly so.

You worship death now because you want to be released.  You hope with all your heart that death is the end so that you won't be judged.  So does everyone else here.  They all know they're guilty, just like you do.  Satan has caused you to do such vile and wretched things against Jesus, the one who loves you completely, that you probably feel now that you can never be forgiven.

Well, His love is bigger than your hate.  Much bigger.  When you finally realize that, you will let go of your anger, and stop your rebellion.  You've given yourself over to be a slave of the evil one.  You are lovers of death, because that is all he offers.  Somewhere, in your heart, you know how far you've fallen.

Well, there is forgiveness for you, for all the people here.  The devil has convinced you you're not worth saving, that God has betrayed you..yet, He never once gave up on you.  He is always trying to reach you, you in your shame just won't pick up the line.  You come to this place to reinforce it, but you know inside its a pack of lies.

Deny what you will, God knows your heart.  You can lie to yourself but you can't lie to him.  You will be in my prayers.  God bless.

Life from Death, witness the parable of the sower:

Lets start with this: DEATH OVER LIFE, NOT LIFE FROM DEATH. My username is a DEATH WORSHIPPING USERNAME, not a LIFE WORSHIPPING username. Please, if you don’t wish to abbreviate my username, and you really want me to take you seriously, GET MY NAME RIGHT 1ST!

While a large crowd was gathering and people were coming to Jesus from town after town, he told this parable: 5 “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds ate it up. 6 Some fell on rocky ground, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown

When he said this, he called out, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. 14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. 15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

Here is the thing, we are not children, the atheists here know far more about the Bible than you can even begin to understand, and that even includes me.

Yes, I already know about the parable. And you really messed up your testimony with your’ personal commentary, let me show you:

Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

The “Devil”. I’m sorry, but there is no personal devil that is really anti-God. Your’ good vs. evil concept is a Zoroastrian concept. Go read the Book of Job, where they show you your’ devil Satan is really one of God’s most trusted and faithful servants. Ch. 1 of Job is a great start!

Salvation, from what? God? So God sent His son to save us from Himself so we can be with Him for all eternity? Circular logic that makes no sense.

The rest of the parable, yes, you got the meaning of the parable! Congratulations!

The passage I highlighted applies to you.  Here is your answer:

John 6:39

And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Jesus has not forgotten you.  He has not abandoned you, and He will not give you up to the evil one.  Though you have forsaken Him, He has never forsaken you. 

Brother, I was elected.  God is more real to me than I am to myself.  No lie will darken the light I have been given by our Lord Jesus Christ.  Though you are deceived, you will be delivered from evil.  God bless.

Not even in your Christian Bible, is there a good vs. evil. It’s a Zoroastrian concept. Stop plagiarizing please.

Though you are deceived, you will be delivered from evil.

Coming from you, that is a compliment! Thank you!

God bless.

God Bless atheism indeed!

Sog, next time you want to talk to me, since your OP has stated you have proof of God healing amputees, please stop the preaching and show me some god damned evidence for once in your life.

Stop quoting Scriptures. The atheists know far more than you do. Stop preaching the Bible. Many here have read the Bible cover to cover with the Quran, with the Avesta, with many other religious books you can think of.

Please stop using the Bible as evidence, as the Bible has no evidence of anything. They are stories made up by man to brainwash and control you so you will not only get the fullest out of life, but will live a living hell while you are alive till you are dead and only once you are dead will you find out you’ve been lied to, and since you won’t exist anymore, you can’t say to yourself, man, I wish I lived a different life than what I did live.

The Bible has no evidence of what it validates, but if you bring us real proof that God heals amputees as your OP says and your claim that says you do, and you show it, I promise you I will retract every mean, harsh statement I’ve made, will issue a formal apology, and go back to Christianity in a heartbeat (if you show that it is the Christian God that did this and not Enki, nor Nergal, nor Baal, nor Thor, nor Odin, nor Loki, nor Zeus, nor Hercules, nor Hades, nor Shiva, nor Vishnu, nor Krishna, nor Moloch, nor Marduk, nor Poseidon, nor Ares, nor Quetzalcoatl etc.)

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2011, 10:06:06 PM »
My words are true.  If you come to Christ with a sincere heart, He will open the door to you.  You don't know how He is working in your life.  You may not perceive a difference because of your vast and endless unbelief.  Yet, if you prayed with a sincere heart, the door is open and you will perceive that when you open your eyes to the truth.  How long that will take is entirely between you and Him.

Servant of God, I give you your own words....(all bolds mine)

This is why today is the day to know Jesus Christ. 

He has set it on me to tell you that He will prove it to you.  Pray like this:  Jesus, if you're real, I want to know about it.  I want to know you.  Please let me know you're real.  God bless.

In any case, this is the reason I am here.  Jesus put it on my heart to come here and tell anyone who will listen that He will reveal Himself to anyone who calls upon His name in sincere prayer, to have a relationship with Him.  He gave me this word specifically:

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

So call out to Him and He will come.  I don't know anything about before, I just know now is the time.  God bless. 

I was told to come to this forum and tell anyone who will listen that Jesus will reveal Himself to anyone here who asks in sincere prayer.  .....  God will let you know.  Test Him and see.

I have not held back the truth, which is this:

....Jesus put it on my heart to tell you here that Jesus is calling to you now.  He is calling you to come to Him and know Him personally.  I believe you have sought sincerely, but try one more time.  You will not be disappointed.   God bless.

Jesus put it on my heart to come here and tell you, and anyone else here who will listen, that if you ask to know Him sincerely, if you pray to Him and ask if He is real, He will reveal Himself to you.  I know He is serious about it so please, try Him once more.  If you seek you will find.  

Servant of God, please look at everything you wrote.  Over and over again, the stress that God himself told you that NOW is the time, THIS TIME it will work, TODAY is the time.

And I did exactly what you told me to do.  And it didn't work.....and suddenly you change your tune to "well, keep trying, it will happen sometime, I don't know when, I don't know....."

I'm not following..how did I lie or cheat?

I think you know full well how.  You, over and over again, said "do THIS, and you will know Jesus NOW".  Now either you were lying in everything I have quoted above....or perhaps God was lying to you when He told YOU what to say to us.

I'll close with one final quote of yours, which you may want to think about.

Are you comfortable with being a liar?  If you're not, then tell ... the truth.  Otherwise you're nothing but a hypocrite. 

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »
Well, I'm sorry for breaking the rules.  I won't post anymore.  God bless.

Servantofgod, when you asked for permission to participate in this forum, you agreed to follow the forum's rules. Now you are breaking some of those rules.

Why did you lie when you signed up? Was it just ignorance?

And, now that you know preaching is against the forum rules ( I assume ignorance is your excuse). Now that you know making claims without evidenciary support is against forum rules, what are you going to do?

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +76/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2011, 10:27:40 PM »
You should be sorry, you arrog!ntt Fuck. You should be sorry that you don't live in reality, and that this life is so meaningless to you. We're not angry with god, you fucking moron. We're  frustated that you don't use the brain you have to fugure out how to live a good life without your imaginary friend. It's fucking pathetic.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2011, 10:41:03 PM »
You can lie to yourself but you can't lie to him.  You will be in my prayers.  God bless.

You've done far more than enough lying for everyone here. But what good is a troll without a place to troll in, right?
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2011, 10:44:04 PM »
Well, I see we have moved into the God is real but we are angry at Him phase of things.  Why is it so hard for Christians to understand that we really do not believe in a sky daddy?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2011, 10:45:46 PM »
even fessing up to praying to Him.

Oh, yeah. I didn't get around to praying for you. It's just something I said to be condescending.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2011, 10:56:03 PM »
I know you're hurt, and I am sorry.  Every atheist here knows they are seperated from Gods love.  That's why they're so angry.

This makes you seem like a complete douche bag. I am not angry at god because he doesn't exist; I am angry at assholes that think atheists are angry at their god simply because those people have not given good enough reason to believe in their god. At the end of the night, after discussion can go no further, and when people start throwing the whole "you're angry at god" crap all that's left is think of that person as a complete douchebag for being judgmental of us. It's not our fault your god seems to not exist. It's not our fault you haven't given convincing proof he exists. It's not our fault his holy book reads more like fiction that something divinely inspired

. Even if we are angry at god (which we aren't) he deserves our anger. It's not our fault we can't live up to his expectations of us. No one can. That's why christians say they need to be "saved" - because you fail to live up to "god's" expectations. Well, I am in no need of a savior, and even if I was I have a long, long list of people in my cell-phone who I can call who'll come to my aid much quicker than god can. In one dial I can call my youngest sister and she'll help me out in a heart beat and a blink of an eye, but when it comes to praying to god he puts us on his waiting list.

Well, His love is bigger than your hate.  Much bigger.  When you finally realize that, you will let go of your anger, and stop your rebellion.  You've given yourself over to be a slave of the evil one.  You are lovers of death, because that is all he offers.  Somewhere, in your heart, you know how far you've fallen.

Get a clue with reality and stop judging us for your lack of convincing proof you god is real.

Well, there is forgiveness for you, for all the people here.

I have not done anything wrong and I haven't hurt anyone, so I don't need forgiveness.

You will be in my prayers.  God bless.

Please don't pray for me. I don't want your prayers.

And seriously, are you really going to say a prayer for those "horrible atheists" are WWGHA tonight? I hightly doubt it. First: you don't know me, so you have no right to pray for me; second: I find it rude for you to even suggest to your god that he imposes on my life, because your god deserves no worship from anyone. He's a cruel, sadistic, egotistic monster. My proof - the holy bible.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:00:11 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Avatar Of Belial

• Graduate
  • Darwins +30/-1
  • I'm not an Evil person; I just act like one!
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2011, 10:59:52 PM »
I know you're hurt, and I am sorry.

Wow... how pathetic your life must be to need this safety blanket so much.
How ignorant you must be to come to others you don't have the first clue about and pretend to understand them.
How utterly incompetent you are to arrive with the largest know-it-all attitude and display even less knowledge than the average rock, when speaking to people who have had years of experience with not only your fairy tale, but other, far more internally-consistent ones as well.

What were you hoping to accomplish? Did you need to feel like your God was validated? You don't even understand your own Holy Book. You lie and twist and hide from the simplest of truths : that your god, if he were to exist, is evil filth not fit to lick a leper's feet. You have displayed contempt for intelligence, honesty, integrity, as well as a variety of other things that are considered "Good".

Do you seek to be an embarrassment to your species? Do you enjoy being a mindless drone, to be manipulated by a fairy tale? Why do you inflict this drivel on others? Can you even come up with a unique thought that hasn't been plagiarized from the thousands of theists before you who have tried this?

I would pity you, but I would prefer to reserve it for a creature who deserves it. Your stupidity is self-inflicted, and now that you realize that no-one will fall for your excuses for the horror presented by your religion; you run away.
How. Bloody. Typical.

Your own words, even ignoring the bible, show your god to be a petty, inconsistent, attention-seeking whore who play favorites. Or perhaps this is just another case of S.P.A.G. - Self-Projection As God.

Good luck with that conceited delusion of yours.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:02:20 PM by Avatar Of Belial »
"You play make-believe every day of your life, and yet you have no concept of 'imagination'."
I do not have "faith" in science. I have expectations of science. "Faith" in something is an unfounded assertion, whereas reasonable expectations require a precedent.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2011, 11:18:31 PM »
Please don't pray for me. I don't want your prayers.

I'm pretty sure he just said it to be condescending.