Author Topic: God does heal amputees  (Read 26683 times)

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
Re: God does heal amputees
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 11:33:28 PM »
I only know what God put on my heart and that its trustworthy.  On your part though, if you're saying that you honestly seek God..why do you spend your time hanging around here cursing God?  That isn't how to find Him.  Railing against Him isn't going to get you anywhere.

Because blasphemy was good enough for Jesus Christ, and blasphemy was good enough for Paul, so blasphemy is good enough for me.

Btw, tell that to Paul of Tarsus. He would get a good laugh out of that.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 11:35:49 PM »
I am not a perfect Christian..that would be Christ.  However yes, I do not have many possessions.  I have basically given away all that was ever materially important to me.  I have gone out into the world many times being led by God.  Right now, I am being called to take care of my family which is what I am doing currently. 

This is not what Jesus would tell you to do though. So it's, in effect, another dishonest statement from you. If you truly followed Jesus you would have left them behind completely and would treat them with hatred and despise. As well as you still have your possessions (however few), this is also not something someone who truly followed his words would do. So we have another instance to add to the list.

In case you were wondering about your previous lies. We can start with this below and move on from there.

In the moral choice thread you claimed that god was unchanging. As I pointed out, this is either a lie on your part or utter ignorance on your part in regards to anything the bible says or anything that happens in it. Actually scratch that, I left out the possibility of you just not being smart as well.

What I mean about taking care of my family is this..I am here to witness to them.  My mother is an agnostic, my sister an atheist, my brother an atheist and my father is an atheist.  Currently, I have been called to witness to them.  After this, I will go where He calls me next.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 11:36:34 PM »
I am not a perfect Christian..that would be Christ.  However yes, I do not have many possessions.  I have basically given away all that was ever materially important to me.  I have gone out into the world many times being led by God.  Right now, I am being called to take care of my family which is what I am doing currently. 

This is what Alzael is talking about when He called you a liar and a hypocrite.

Luke 14:25-27 (King James Version)

25And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

It is not in the plan of God/Christ to love and take care of your family. Since you love your family, and your life, you can not be Christ's disciple. That is from the words of Yeshua HIMSELF, not me. This is the God you claim to serve, but you aren't following His' words. So, who are you really following?

The greatest commandments are these:

Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and all your strength

Love your neighbor as yourself

What I mean about taking care of my family is this..I am here to witness to them.  My mother is an agnostic, my sister an atheist, my brother an atheist and my father is an atheist.  Currently, I have been called to witness to them.  After this, I will go where He calls me next.

Once again, Alzael is correct, you should be hating your family, and yourself. Please stop contradicting yourself.

The Scriptures say not to cast your pearls before swines, and since your Bible calls us infidels, why are you casting your pearls before swines?

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 11:36:40 PM »
I only know what God put on my heart and that its trustworthy.  On your part though, if you're saying that you honestly seek God..why do you spend your time hanging around here cursing God?  That isn't how to find Him.  Railing against Him isn't going to get you anywhere.

Because blasphemy was good enough for Jesus Christ, and blasphemy was good enough for Paul, so blasphemy is good enough for me.

None of them ever cursed God, they cursed the hypocrites who claimed to serve God will keeping the truth from the people.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 11:38:24 PM »

Why are you behaving in this manner?

Possibilities:

1)He's really bored and has no life.

2)Massive cranial intrusion by a spiked object.

3)Heavy doses of drugs consumed by his mother during pregnancy.

4)Mentally Unbalanced

5)Hopelessly deluded from the brainwashing.

6)Just not that bright.

7)Extremely poor education.

Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and all your strength

So you're not actually caring for them, you're preaching to them. You essentially lied once again.

I notice that you're being very selective about which verses you choose to believe are true.

Here's a simple question. Do you hate your family as Jesus tells you to?

And don't bother trying to say that the ones above are the greatest commandments. Because that's another lie. You're making that up to justify yourself and it's rather pathetic. There is nothing that places these as the greatest commandments. So to say otherwise is an outright falsehood. Can you make one post honestly?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:41:40 PM by Alzael »
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 11:40:05 PM »

26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

It is not in the plan of God/Christ to love and take care of your family. Since you love your family, and your life, you can not be Christ's disciple. That is from the words of Yeshua HIMSELF, not me. This is the God you claim to serve, but you aren't following His' words. So, who are you really following?

Once again, Alzael is correct, you should be hating your family, and yourself. Please stop contradicting yourself.

The Scriptures say not to cast your pearls before swines, and since your Bible calls us infidels, why are you casting your pearls before swines?

Actually, you are incorrect.  Christ uses the greek word "miseo" in that passage, the meaning is to love less than.  It is saying to put the Lord above your family.  The bible says anyone who loves his mother or father more than me is not worthy of me.  This is the true meaning of that passage.

Offline Persephone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
  • Jamie want big boom.
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 11:40:32 PM »
Some people are elect, in that God chose them before the foundation of the world.  Meaning, God knew me, knew that He would create me before He even made the world.  The apostles were an example of this.  So, my life has always been predestined.  This isn't the case with everyone.
Oh, wait. This is too good to be true. A cookie just fell into my lap. God must have known I was hungry.

Did you really just say that god chooses some but not others? Do you know what "justice" means, don't you?

For your edification I'll share with you some definitions of the word, bolding mine. Please notice the words impartial, fair, and conformity to fact, especially in connection with "the assignment of merited rewards or punishments".

JUSTICE

1  the maintenance or administration of what is just especially by the impartial adjustment of conflicting claims or the assignment of merited rewards or punishments

2  the quality of being just, impartial, or fair

conformity to fact, or reason : correctness
Sheldon: Ever since you started having regular intercourse your mind has lost its edge. You should reflect on that.
Leonard: Well, Einstein had a busy sex life.
Sheldon: Yes, but he never unified gravity with the other forces. If he hadn't been such a hounddog we'd all have time machines.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 11:41:22 PM »

Why are you behaving in this manner?

Possibilities:

1)He's really bored and has no life.

2)Massive cranial intrusion by a spiked object.

3)Heavy doses of drugs consumed by his mother during pregnancy.

4)Mentally Unbalanced

5)Hopelessly deluded from the brainwashing.

6)Just not that bright.

7)Extremely poor education.

So you're not actually caring for them, you're preaching to them. You essentially lied once again.

I notice that you're being very selective about which verses you choose to believe are true.

It's a little bit of both, Az, but the true meaning of my presence here is to bring them to the Lord.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 11:43:34 PM »

Actually, you are incorrect.  Christ uses the greek word "miseo" in that passage, the meaning is to love less than.  It is saying to put the Lord above your family.  The bible says anyone who loves his mother or father more than me is not worthy of me.  This is the true meaning of that passage.

And you have forgotten Christ came not to bring peace but a sword! So, it really doesn't make a difference here.

One other thing:

None of them ever cursed God, they cursed the hypocrites who claimed to serve God will keeping the truth from the people.

Oh the irony!

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 11:43:48 PM »
Some people are elect, in that God chose them before the foundation of the world.  Meaning, God knew me, knew that He would create me before He even made the world.  The apostles were an example of this.  So, my life has always been predestined.  This isn't the case with everyone.
Oh, wait. This is too good to be true. A cookie just fell into my lap. God must have known I was hungry.

Did you really just say that god chooses some but not others? Do you know what "justice" means, don't you?

For your edification I'll share with you some definitions of the word, bolding mine. Please notice the words impartial, fair, and conformity to fact, especially in connection with "the assignment of merited rewards or punishments".

JUSTICE

1  the maintenance or administration of what is just especially by the impartial adjustment of conflicting claims or the assignment of merited rewards or punishments

2  the quality of being just, impartial, or fair

conformity to fact, or reason : correctness

Not everyone is elected, but anyone can be saved.  The only beings who have been judged already are the devil and his angels. 

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 11:47:22 PM »

And you have forgotten Christ came not to bring peace but a sword! So, it really doesn't make a difference here.

One other thing:

Oh the irony!

I have not held back the truth, which is this:

You can know Christ, personally, today, by calling upon His in prayer and asking Him to reveal Himself to you. 

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 11:48:15 PM »

It's a little bit of both, Az, but the true meaning of my presence here is to bring them to the Lord.

Then you aren't following the words of god, are you? You see you can't claim it both ways. You can't follow the laws of Jesus when you want to only and then call others hypocrites. If you were a true servant of Jesus you would hate them, you would separate yourself from them. You are a liar. Plain and simple and you compound the lies with every post you make.

No, it doesn't. Again you're showing the lack of your education. This is a common Christian lie. In no translation of greek does miseo EVER mean 'to love less than'. It means to hate. Plain and simple. Check greek dictionaries and translations. Outside of Christian apologists you will not find anywhere that claims that. It has absolutely no basis in reality. Miseo is where the prefix 'mis' comes from in english. The prefix 'mis' means 'to hate'. It does not mean 'love less than'.

You are either still a liar, or still have no knowledge of what you are talking about. Which is it? Feel free to research the word yourself if you want.

Basically, you FAIL EPICALLY.

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 11:57:55 PM »

Then you aren't following the words of god, are you? You see you can't claim it both ways. You can't follow the laws of Jesus when you want to only and then call others hypocrites. If you were a true servant of Jesus you would hate them, you would separate yourself from them. You are a liar. Plain and simple and you compound the lies with every post you make.

No, it doesn't. Again you're showing the lack of your education. This is a common Christian lie. In no translation of greek does miseo EVER mean 'to love less than'. It means to hate. Plain and simple. Check greek dictionaries and translations. Outside of Christian apologists you will not find anywhere that claims that. It has absolutely no basis in reality. Miseo is where the prefix 'mis' comes from in english. The prefix 'mis' means 'to hate'. It does not mean 'love less than'.

You are either still a liar, or still have no knowledge of what you are talking about. Which is it? Feel free to research the word yourself if you want.

Basically, you FAIL EPICALLY.

First of all, you would be wrong in any case.  To hate your mother or father would violate the second greatest commandment, which is what all the law and the prophets hang on.  That is to love your neighbor as yourself.  This isn't what Christ was teaching.  He said plainly anyone who loves his mother and father more than me can't be my disciple.  This is the meaning of the passage.  To put the Lord first. 

I am not a scholar of languages, I couldn't really go into the entymology of this particular word.  You can look at this literally if you wish, but the bible often engages in parables and metaphorical language.  This was not a condemnation of the family, it was a reminder that God comes first.  It would be difficult for an unbeliever to see the correct context in any case. 

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 12:06:23 AM »

First of all, you would be wrong in any case.  To hate your mother or father would violate the second greatest commandment, which is what all the law and the prophets hang on.  That is to love your brother as yourself.  This isn't what Christ was teaching.  He said plainly anyone who loves his mother and father more than me can't be my disciple.  This is the meaning of the passage.  To put the Lord first.

This is another lie. You have to have some actual justification for the things that you say. It is not the 'second greatest commandment' because you say it is. You have to back that up. The same with what you say about the passage. If you can't actually back it up (which apparently you can't) then to make such a claim is dishonest. The law and the prophets do not all hang on love being one of the greatest commandments. At no point is love everyone really that big a deal.

If you want to actually argue such a point, then back it up and support it. But if all you can do is make an unsupported claim then the fact remains that you are still being dishonest.

I am not a scholar of languages, I couldn't really go into the entymology of this particular word.

You just did go into it. Then you got smacked down, and now you're trying to back out.

You can look at this literally if you wish, but the bible often engages in parables and metaphorical language.

Yes it does, but how do you that this is one of those cases? The fact is that you don't. You're simply trying to make it seem like this is one of those cases because it's the only horse you've got to ride.

This was not a condemnation of the family, it was a reminder that God comes first.  It would be difficult for an unbeliever to see the correct context in any case.

Completely unsupported assertion. You have nothing to back it up. You are simply making a claim to cower behind. Still an epic fail, and a spectacularly pitiful one at that.

I want you to imagine something. I want you to imagine a world where you actually had to live as an honest human being and couldn't continually lie and misrepresent things like this. Try living in that world for a few minutes, you might be surprised what it does for you.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 12:12:27 AM »
God has completely transformed me from top to bottom.  I am a new creation in Christ.  I used to lie, and cheat, and do all sorts of evil.  God helped me change that.  I find joy in my life, joy in the moment, in knowing Him and knowing His love for me and all mankind.  I find joy in the hope of Christ for all people.

My life before, where I felt consigned to a meaningless fate, was what was truly sad.  To be a prisoner of your own sins is more than sad, it is heartbreaking.  That is why I am telling you that He loves you, and will show Himself to you if you come to Him wanting to know Him.

I think if an amputee was healed it might make the news.  The reason I don't think God would heal an amputee is because He does not exist.  There is no proof whatso ever for any kind of God.  You live in an imaginary world of sky daddies and make believe.  Pretty sad way to live a life.
Stick your preaching up your ASS....wont be to long before your on to your next addiction when this one stops working for you.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON!
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 12:16:06 AM »
Servant let me tell you a little story of an alcoholic.. Me.. Years ago I was chronic and I would sell the TV, VCR, Stereo, not pay rent, electric bill, water bill, gas bill...basically anything to buy booze for that day and I paid a horrible price for it. I BEGGED your imaginary god to help me stop, but nothing.. I went to AA meetings where they told me to get in touch with my "higher power" aka God aka ORANGES and still nothing.. I was a plain stupid fucking drunk and nothing was going to change it..not even gawd..
Well, one day month while I was at work at a temp agency I had a HORRID toothache and god did nothing to stop it, but a friend of mine had the power of god in his shirt pocket to stop the pain.. Heroin..
Before I knew it I was a heroin addict which was OK by me at the time because it stopped the pain, but it had another nice side effect..It got me to stop drinking because as most heroin addicts will tell you alcohol taste like crap when you're shooting dope..
Well, fast forward about 20 years give or take a few I had been in methadone treatment for a few years and still not drinking then one day I found a case of beer in a dumpster. It wasn't dirty of anything.. It was just sitting on top of a nice clean piece of cardboard so I took it home and that night I got good and smashed up drunk on a mere 6 of those beers..
That was the last time I got drunk because for four days I had the worse hangover I ever experienced.. I even asked god to kill me to end it, but still nothing.. That hangover lasted 4 full days before I was able to function again, but I give the ONLY credit for getting me to stop drinking to heroin.. God did utterly NOTHING to get me to quit drinking and NOTHING to get me to stop shooting heroin.. I stopped shooting heroin after almost 10 years in methadone treatment then finally deciding enough was enough..
I've been completely off methadone now since January and haven't stuck a needle in my arm since 2001 and have been drunk only once since 2004, the day of that 4 day hangover..
Now perhaps you'll tell me god made me a heroin addict for a reason, but that would just have to be the weakest excuse for a god I could possibly imagine.. But hey.. God bless heroin, huh?
Imagine gaining favor with "Darwin's"...kind of like praying, huh?

http://freeclassicflix.co.cc

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2011, 12:22:12 AM »
This is another lie. You have to have some actual justification for the things that you say. It is not the 'second greatest commandment' because you say it is. You have to back that up. The same with what you say about the passage. If you can't actually back it up (which apparently you can't) then to make such a claim is dishonest. The law and the prophets do not all hang on love being one of the greatest commandments. At no point is love everyone really that big a deal.

If you want to actually argue such a point, then back it up and support it. But if all you can do is make an unsupported claim then the fact remains that you are still being dishonest.

Matthew 22:37-40

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Here is another passage speaking of the importance of love.  One of the most beautiful verses in the entire bible:

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

You just did go into it. Then you got smacked down, and now you're trying to back out.

I freely admit you may know more about the entymology of this word than I do.  However, I know your interpertation is not accurate.  The bible tells us this specifically:

John 4:20

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2011, 12:23:32 AM »
Bring on the BanHammer
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 12:27:55 AM »
I think we need nuclear weapons to use against this guy.  ;D

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 12:30:14 AM »
"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. {emphases Mine}

Well, so much for that myth of the hell-creating, final-judging, knickers-in-a-twist Judeo-Christian god being "loving"...

(reaches for Her Clue-by-Four™) I'll handle this, folks.

*BONK*

Servantofgod, that's for dissing My little brother Thor.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2011, 12:32:54 AM »
I guess you missed that part earlier about us "militant atheists" wanting nuclear weapons to use against them good christins, eh?  :D

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2011, 12:34:57 AM »
As a former heroin addict myself, I can understand how difficult it was to quit.  Congratulations on beating it.  It is truly a vicious beast.  I managed to get on and off it in under a year so my experience was not as trying as yours.  Where was God in all of that?  Well, in my experience God is always working around our issues.  Sometimes He will confront us directly with them, sometimes He will work in the background in ways that are far less obvious.  I wasn't a Christian at the time so I couldn't give you a God got me off heroin story. 

I quit because it had ruined my life and I didn't like what I had become.  However, I know God did support my decision to quit.  He had sent many people to many witness to me while I was on the street, who offered me food clothes and shelter but I didn't take them up on any of it.  I walked away from every opportunity God gave me to change my situation.  Looking back though, it was obvious he was trying to help me. 

Even mother teresa didn't hear from God for a period of over 40 years.  I don't know anything about Gods timing.  I just know it's always perfect.  I doubt God would lead you from one addiction to another..perhaps to save your life, but God does no evil..and doing heroin would be a sin because its illegal. 

In any case, this is the reason I am here.  Jesus put it on my heart to come here and tell anyone who will listen that He will reveal Himself to anyone who calls upon His name in sincere prayer, to have a relationship with Him.  He gave me this word specifically:

Matthew 11:28

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

So call out to Him and He will come.  I don't know anything about before, I just know now is the time.  God bless. 

Servant let me tell you a little story of an alcoholic.. Me.. Years ago I was chronic and I would sell the TV, VCR, Stereo, not pay rent, electric bill, water bill, gas bill...basically anything to buy booze for that day and I paid a horrible price for it. I BEGGED your imaginary god to help me stop, but nothing.. I went to AA meetings where they told me to get in touch with my "higher power" aka God aka ORANGES and still nothing.. I was a plain stupid fucking drunk and nothing was going to change it..not even gawd..
Well, one day month while I was at work at a temp agency I had a HORRID toothache and god did nothing to stop it, but a friend of mine had the power of god in his shirt pocket to stop the pain.. Heroin..
Before I knew it I was a heroin addict which was OK by me at the time because it stopped the pain, but it had another nice side effect..It got me to stop drinking because as most heroin addicts will tell you alcohol taste like crap when you're shooting dope..
Well, fast forward about 20 years give or take a few I had been in methadone treatment for a few years and still not drinking then one day I found a case of beer in a dumpster. It wasn't dirty of anything.. It was just sitting on top of a nice clean piece of cardboard so I took it home and that night I got good and smashed up drunk on a mere 6 of those beers..
That was the last time I got drunk because for four days I had the worse hangover I ever experienced.. I even asked god to kill me to end it, but still nothing.. That hangover lasted 4 full days before I was able to function again, but I give the ONLY credit for getting me to stop drinking to heroin.. God did utterly NOTHING to get me to quit drinking and NOTHING to get me to stop shooting heroin.. I stopped shooting heroin after almost 10 years in methadone treatment then finally deciding enough was enough..
I've been completely off methadone now since January and haven't stuck a needle in my arm since 2001 and have been drunk only once since 2004, the day of that 4 day hangover..
Now perhaps you'll tell me god made me a heroin addict for a reason, but that would just have to be the weakest excuse for a god I could possibly imagine.. But hey.. God bless heroin, huh?

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2011, 12:37:01 AM »

Matthew 22:37-40

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Here is another passage speaking of the importance of love.  One of the most beautiful verses in the entire bible:

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

So you've got nothing then? Two verses in the bible does nothing to back up the claim that this is the greatest commandment. You need to have something more substantial, like an actual commandment that says that it is this. All you have done is quote verses where god talks about loving people. This does not back up your claim in anyway.

Let me put this in simple biblical terms so that it can be grasped by someone like you.

Off the top of my head I can think of twelve bible verses which talk about love. I can also think of 18 that command holy war, 13 that command rape, and 12 for slavery. Since these are more prevalent then it would seem that these are the greatest commandments. At least using the piss-poor argument that you're awkwardly trying to use here.

Still fail.

I freely admit you may know more about the entymology of this word than I do.  However, I know your interpertation is not accurate.  The bible tells us this specifically:

John 4:20

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

I think it's pretty safe to say that I know more about everything than you do. From the moment you got here you haven't said anything that had any basis in fact of any kind. Even when you weren't explicitly talking about the bible you've been absolutely ignorant and wrong.

This does not show an inaccurate interpretation. It shows that the bible contrdicts itself. You have to actually show how the interpretation is inaccurate, not just point to another verse that says something different. Unless you can actually invalidate the interpretation the point remains. This just further cements your status as intellectually crippled.

Nah, Jetson and I decided to let the little dancing monkey amuse us for a while. It's not often to get one who's reached this level of mental degeneration. I've had my snark levels set too low lately. It's nice to have a nice obvious idiot I don't have to bother dealing with like he might possibly actually have something worthwhile to say.

Enjoy the stupid while it lasts guys. We won't see this level again for quite some time.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2011, 12:37:41 AM »
So call out to Him and He will come.

How does one distinguish between a real Jesus and an imagined one?  Neither one seems to be healing any amputees.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2011, 12:43:36 AM »

How does one distinguish between a real Jesus and an imagined one?  Neither one seems to be healing any amputees.

It apparently helps if you labotomize yourself.

Edit:I'm off to bed now. I'll leave you guys to play with the new toy for a while. Just don't break him yet. He's very fragile.

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2011, 12:48:22 AM »
Gods timing is perfect?  :o You mean like that perfect timing for WWII? Or how about those poor people last month who could have gotten in a car and driven to another part of town, but got delayed for whatever reason and JUST happen to be in the path of a killer tornado? GREAT timing there god..
How about the time I had a car sold on a Sunday night, but couldn't find a notary public so the guy was going to come back on Monday, but GOD pushed a tree over on my car after he left? Great timing!

Thanks god. I had to catch the bus for a reason....I guess.. &)

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2011, 01:00:04 AM »
So you've got nothing then? Two verses in the bible does nothing to back up the claim that
this is the greatest commandment. You need to have something more substantial, like an actual commandment that says that it is this. All you have done is quote verses where god talks about loving people. This does not back up your claim in anyway.

Let me put this in simple biblical terms so that it can be grasped by someone like you.

Off the top of my head I can think of twelve bible verses which talk about love. I can also think of 18 that command holy war, 13 that command rape, and 12 for slavery. Since these are more prevalent then it would seem that these are the greatest commandments. At least using the piss-poor argument that you're awkwardly trying to use here.

Still fail.

I simply provided the proof you asked for when you stated that love wasn't important nor was it the greatest commandment. Now you you have changed your tune and are now asking for additional proof where before you simply stated it didn't exist at all.  The passage about the greatest commandment appears only once.  The meaning of a verse is not increased by its duplication.  It simply is the greatest commandment, once or one thousand times.  Here are some further passages stressing the importance of love:

John 13:34-35

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Matthew 5:43-48,

You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Luke 6:27-36

“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

I think it's pretty safe to say that I know more about everything than you do. From the moment you got here you haven't said anything that had any basis in fact of any kind. Even when you weren't explicitly talking about the bible you've been absolutely ignorant and wrong.

This does not show an inaccurate interpretation. It shows that the bible contrdicts itself. You have to actually show how the interpretation is inaccurate, not just point to another verse that says something different. Unless you can actually invalidate the interpretation the point remains. This just further cements your status as intellectually crippled.

Even if you knew everything about every subject in the world, it would be for nothing, because you don't know God.  Here is your problem:

1 Corinthians 2:14

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »

You know Him.  Believe me, if Jesus comes to you you won't be wondering if it was real or not.  His sheep know His voice.  He has set it on me to tell you that He will prove it to you.  Pray like this:  Jesus, if you're real, I want to know about it.  I want to know you.  Please let me know you're real.  God bless.

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2011, 01:07:20 AM »
Since god is in the business of healing amputees can you please issue a prayer for me to grow back some teeth? This time I'd like some big sharp lion type teeth or maybe razor sharp shark type teeth.. I have a few people who asked me to bite their legs off..  &) OH! And my former shop teacher got his middle finger cut off.. I'm sure he still wants to flip me the bird..