Author Topic: God does heal amputees  (Read 28398 times)

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
God does heal amputees
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:30:17 PM »
God, and by God I mean the judeo-christian God, is not limited.  Nothing is too difficult for Him to do.  He is God Almighty and can do anything.  It is just as easy for Him to heal an amputee as it is to raise someone from the dead.  The bible has testimony of several miracles which were of a greater order than healing a lost limb, so why this particular case is noteworthy to atheists I have no idea. 

If God did heal an amputee, would you know about it?  Do you have a list of every amputee in the world and what happens to them?  Why do you think God wouldn't do it?  Do you think He can't do it?

You're going about this the wrong way, if you want to know anything about God.  You're trying to deconstruct something you don't understand.  It is literally impossible for an unbeliever to understand the bible.  Personally, I haven't known many atheists who have ever tried.  Most of them seem to memorize a few passgaes they think helps their arguments and that's it.  Personally I think it's fairly ignorant to judge something you don't even understand yourself.

If you want to know if Jesus is real or not, put Him to the test.  With a sincere heart, pray to Him like this:

Jesus, if you do exist I want to know about it and I want to know you.  Please reveal yourself to me Jesus;  show me that you're real.

If you you do that Jesus will show you that He is real and that He is Almighty God.  Here is a word for you:

Matthew 11:28

Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest

God bless.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +301/-32
Re: God does heal amputees
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:38:30 PM »
God, and by God I mean the judeo-christian God, is not limited.  Nothing is too difficult for Him to do.  He is God Almighty and can do anything.  It is just as easy for Him to heal an amputee as it is to raise someone from the dead.  The bible has testimony of several miracles which were of a greater order than healing a lost limb, so why this particular case is noteworthy to atheists I have no idea.

It is the Bible and its stories themselves which are in need of verification, SoG.  This website's question is one way of verifying them.  And they fail the test, when put to it.

Why would a real god choose to fail such a test, when it could succeed?
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:45:46 PM »

It is the Bible and its stories themselves which are in need of verification, SoG.  This website's question is one way of verifying them.  And they fail the test, when put to it.

They are verified by God Himself.  That was my point above that, if you actually tried to know Jesus, you would see that.   The bible perfectly describes not only what is happening on Earth now, but also how to obtain salvation and know God.

We only know God by natural and special revelation.  Natural revelation is that God has made His appearance plain, that His eternal attributes are apparent from the things He has made.  Special revelation is when God comes to you personally.  Everyone can know God in this way if they ask to. 

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »
So then you can't actually answer the question. All you can do is make excuses for why you can't answer the question.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 10:51:15 PM »
Jesus Christ, what are you, six?  It's one thing to come in to have a discussion, but it's completely another thing to stop by and drool Jesus slobber all over the rest of us.  Stop your stupid preaching and show me your fucking god already.  God, the character in your tired little storybook, is an unequivocal ass-hat.  The likes of which cannot be surpassed by 1,000 Hitlers.

Create the world, stick two people in it, tempt them, watch them eat a piece of fruit, doom every single human forever to hell unless they bend over and kiss his divine ass, and years later, realize that humans are complete garbage, wipe them all out in a flood and start over...and then the killing starts with Joshua and his terrorists...

Yeah, it's not even good fiction....

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 10:53:14 PM »
I think if an amputee was healed it might make the news.  The reason I don't think God would heal an amputee is because He does not exist.  There is no proof whatso ever for any kind of God.  You live in an imaginary world of sky daddies and make believe.  Pretty sad way to live a life.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 10:55:51 PM »
Jesus Christ, what are you, six?  It's one thing to come in to have a discussion, but it's completely another thing to stop by and drool Jesus slobber all over the rest of us.  Stop your stupid preaching and show me your fucking god already.  God, the character in your tired little storybook, is an unequivocal ass-hat.  The likes of which cannot be surpassed by 1,000 Hitlers.

Create the world, stick two people in it, tempt them, watch them eat a piece of fruit, doom every single human forever to hell unless they bend over and kiss his divine ass, and years later, realize that humans are complete garbage, wipe them all out in a flood and start over...and then the killing starts with Joshua and his terrorists...

I told you you can know God directly.  He will reveal Himself to you if you ask Him to.  By that, I mean sincerely and not swearing at Him and cursing His name and demanding He do tricks for you.  But just genuinely wanting to know if He is actually real or not.  You seem to have made up your mind, but I am telling you that He will show Himself to you if you ask. 

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »
Many of us here have been on the religious side of things for a long time and played that game of asking Jesus to come into our hearts, livers, ears, etc.  Trouble is none of it worked.  Maybe we were not part of the "true" Christian group.  I'm guessing you will tell us which group God likes best.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 10:59:38 PM »
God has completely transformed me from top to bottom.  I am a new creation in Christ.  I used to lie, and cheat, and do all sorts of evil.  God helped me change that.  I find joy in my life, joy in the moment, in knowing Him and knowing His love for me and all mankind.  I find joy in the hope of Christ for all people.

My life before, where I felt consigned to a meaningless fate, was what was truly sad.  To be a prisoner of your own sins is more than sad, it is heartbreaking.  That is why I am telling you that He loves you, and will show Himself to you if you come to Him wanting to know Him.

I think if an amputee was healed it might make the news.  The reason I don't think God would heal an amputee is because He does not exist.  There is no proof whatso ever for any kind of God.  You live in an imaginary world of sky daddies and make believe.  Pretty sad way to live a life.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 10:59:59 PM »
If you want to know if Jesus is real or not, put Him to the test.  With a sincere heart, pray to Him like this:

Jesus, if you do exist I want to know about it and I want to know you.  Please reveal yourself to me Jesus;  show me that you're real.

You know, even today, I’ve been doing this for over a decade, still do that, and I still hear nothing. I really don’t feel like refuting your arguments, because of how childish they are, but since I made this statement, I guess I might as well.

If God is not limited, then why don’t we see any of these “miracles” happening today? Why aren’t we seeing people rising from the dead from their graveyards, or amputees’ limbs spontaneously regrowing?

If God is almighty and can do anything, then why can’t he stop people on Iron Chariots? What is it about them things that make it impossible for God to stop them?

Judges 1:19 – The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots.

The reason why atheists are so obsessed with this particular question is because there is no middle-man that really does the work. Science, nor logic, nor reason can explain an arm or leg of a human out of the blue regrow like a lizard’s tail. Every form of a miracle claim known to man always has a doctor right there doing the actual work, or is something in nature that naturally happens. With an arm spontaneously regrowing, it has to be all god. When you remove the middle-man, you remove god’s powers and abilities, so pretty much, the christian god is not so omnipotent when he has lost his’ workers to do the work for him.

If God did heal an amputee, would you know about it?  Do you have a list of every amputee in the world and what happens to them?  Why do you think God wouldn't do it?  Do you think He can't do it?

If God did heal an amputee, with all the technology in the world we have today, that answer would be yes. We have cameras, photos, news reports, videos, etc.

Do you have a list of every amputee in the world and what happens to them either?  If not, I don’t see the point of that question.

Why do you think God wouldn't do it?

Because your god is a plagiarized god, and he doesn’t exist. Simple as that.

Do you think He can't do it?

I don’t think he can’t. I know he can’t because the evidence has shown us he can’t do it, and if he could, do you know how many people on this planet would convert to Christianity and be saved? The numbers would be astronomical, and we would mostly be singing hallelujah for there IS a God! But reality shows that is just a dream that is never going to happen.

You're going about this the wrong way, if you want to know anything about God.  You're trying to deconstruct something you don't understand.  It is literally impossible for an unbeliever to understand the bible.  Personally, I haven't known many atheists who have ever tried.  Most of them seem to memorize a few passgaes they think helps their arguments and that's it.  Personally I think it's fairly ignorant to judge something you don't even understand yourself.

Alright then, since we all have it wrong (yet you misspell passages), why don’t you show us the way since god obviously has blessed you with his all-mighty wisdom and left us high and dry in the dark. How do you know if you even understand the bible?

Ironically, research and studies have shown that atheists and agnostics know more about Christianity than Christians do! Ironically, from the few months I’ve de-converted, I’ve seen far more Christians use certain passages for their arguments and forget about the rest (and I have over a decades worth of church attending to have as evidence and witnessing).

I think it’s fairly ignorant that you tell us we got it all wrong when you don’t even show us proof of a god healing an amputee with some of the claims you make! Come on, let us in on that video evidence you have, or that magical de-coder ring you have to show your version of Christianity is real as opposed to what the Bible really says!

If you you do that Jesus will show you that He is real and that He is Almighty God.  Here is a word for you:

Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest

God bless.

Sorry, but I’m doing this even today, and have been for over a decade, and god still does nothing. For a god that wants to give me rest and for a god that loves me, he sure loves giving me the silent treatment, and silence is not a form of love!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 11:02:19 PM »
You see...I am happy with rational thought.  I don't need a crutch to make me whole like you do.  You just switch crutches in your life.  I don't need any of it to be happy and useful.  If you need delusion to make things work for you fine.  Most of us here have outgrown the need for an invisible sky daddy.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 11:02:31 PM »

I told you you can know God directly.  He will reveal Himself to you if you ask Him to.  By that, I mean sincerely and not swearing at Him and cursing His name and demanding He do tricks for you.  But just genuinely wanting to know if He is actually real or not.  You seem to have made up your mind, but I am telling you that He will show Himself to you if you ask.

Yes, another lovely piece of advice from someone who knows the mind of God.  If you had any idea how many times I've been told that God will reveal himself to me, you probably wouldn't believe me.  I have made up my mind - I don't believe in supernatural crap.  People don't come back to life, snakes don't talk, humans don't live inside of fish for three days.  These things do not happen, ever.  We know this now, because we have grown out of the mythology of ancient humans, who did not know this.

There is no god, there never was, and there never will be.  Maybe you should go watch Thor, the movie.  It was absolutely awesome!  It made Bible God very, very boring in terms of great fiction.  Seriously.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »
Many of us here have been on the religious side of things for a long time and played that game of asking Jesus to come into our hearts, livers, ears, etc.  Trouble is none of it worked.  Maybe we were not part of the "true" Christian group.  I'm guessing you will tell us which group God likes best.

The true Christian is the one who follows Christ and obeys His word.  The true church is the body of Christ, of which every Christian is a member.  Personally, I am non-denominational.  I do not put any exclusivity on the body of Christ however.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »
God has completely transformed me from top to bottom.  I am a new creation in Christ.  I used to lie, and cheat, and do all sorts of evil.  God helped me change that.  I find joy in my life, joy in the moment, in knowing Him and knowing His love for me and all mankind.  I find joy in the hope of Christ for all people.

So far you still seem to lie and cheat. You just seem to think it's okay because you have god on your side now. Funny how that seems to work huh?

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 11:05:15 PM »

The true Christian is the one who follows Christ and obeys His word.  The true church is the body of Christ, of which every Christian is a member.  Personally, I am non-denominational.  I do not put any exclusivity on the body of Christ however.
Right, well, that is convenient.

So why are you here on this forum?

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »

I've been doing this sincerely for over a decade and even today, even right now. I have many Christian friends praying for me and for the exact same thing. I have many people who care for me and want me to come back to Christianity. The problem is, your God doesn't want me back because He won't come to me and heal me, like you claim.

Your god is either a lie, or a hypocrite, and as jetson said it best, an evil greater than 1,000 Adolf Hitlers.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 11:09:25 PM »

You know, even today, I’ve been doing this for over a decade, still do that, and I still hear nothing. I really don’t feel like refuting your arguments, because of how childish they are, but since I made this statement, I guess I might as well.

If God is not limited, then why don’t we see any of these “miracles” happening today? Why aren’t we seeing people rising from the dead from their graveyards, or amputees’ limbs spontaneously regrowing?

If God is almighty and can do anything, then why can’t he stop people on Iron Chariots? What is it about them things that make it impossible for God to stop them?

Judges 1:19 – The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots.

The reason why atheists are so obsessed with this particular question is because there is no middle-man that really does the work. Science, nor logic, nor reason can explain an arm or leg of a human out of the blue regrow like a lizard’s tail. Every form of a miracle claim known to man always has a doctor right there doing the actual work, or is something in nature that naturally happens. With an arm spontaneously regrowing, it has to be all god. When you remove the middle-man, you remove god’s powers and abilities, so pretty much, the christian god is not so omnipotent when he has lost his’ workers to do the work for him.

If God did heal an amputee, with all the technology in the world we have today, that answer would be yes. We have cameras, photos, news reports, videos, etc.

Do you have a list of every amputee in the world and what happens to them either?  If not, I don’t see the point of that question.

Why do you think God wouldn't do it?

Because your god is a plagiarized god, and he doesn’t exist. Simple as that.

Do you think He can't do it?

I don’t think he can’t. I know he can’t because the evidence has shown us he can’t do it, and if he could, do you know how many people on this planet would convert to Christianity and be saved? The numbers would be astronomical, and we would mostly be singing hallelujah for there IS a God! But reality shows that is just a dream that is never going to happen.

Alright then, since we all have it wrong (yet you misspell passages), why don’t you show us the way since god obviously has blessed you with his all-mighty wisdom and left us high and dry in the dark. How do you know if you even understand the bible?

Ironically, research and studies have shown that atheists and agnostics know more about Christianity than Christians do! Ironically, from the few months I’ve de-converted, I’ve seen far more Christians use certain passages for their arguments and forget about the rest (and I have over a decades worth of church attending to have as evidence and witnessing).

I think it’s fairly ignorant that you tell us we got it all wrong when you don’t even show us proof of a god healing an amputee with some of the claims you make! Come on, let us in on that video evidence you have, or that magical de-coder ring you have to show your version of Christianity is real as opposed to what the Bible really says!

God bless.

Sorry, but I’m doing this even today, and have been for over a decade, and god still does nothing. For a god that wants to give me rest and for a god that loves me, he sure loves giving me the silent treatment, and silence is not a form of love!

Some things are due to Gods timing.  For instance, I was agnostic for most of my life, when God suddenly revealed Himself to me.  I did not seek Him out, He chose me.  Why, I don't know..but now of course I wish I had heard from Him when I was a kid.  Yet, it's up to Him.

Let me tell you this much, and I know you are telling the truth about what you are saying.  That you have sincerely sought Him. 

Jesus put it on my heart to come here and tell you, and anyone else here who will listen, that if you ask to know Him sincerely, if you pray to Him and ask if He is real, He will reveal Himself to you.  I know He is serious about it so please, try Him once more.  If you seek you will find.  I will spend some time reading the rest of your post and answering it.  God bless.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 11:11:13 PM »

So then I take it that you've given everything that you have away? I assume that you're using a computer in the public library then right? So you've gone left your family behind?

I'm sure you do because you, of course, are not a liar or a hypocrite. Despite about half of the things you've said so far.

By that, I mean sincerely and not swearing at Him and cursing His name and demanding He do tricks for you.

But he says in the bible that he will perform tricks for us. Are you saying that the bible is a book of lies? Or did you just skip that part? Better question, have you actually read it?

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 11:17:06 PM »

Yes, another lovely piece of advice from someone who knows the mind of God.  If you had any idea how many times I've been told that God will reveal himself to me, you probably wouldn't believe me.  I have made up my mind - I don't believe in supernatural crap.  People don't come back to life, snakes don't talk, humans don't live inside of fish for three days.  These things do not happen, ever.  We know this now, because we have grown out of the mythology of ancient humans, who did not know this.

There is no god, there never was, and there never will be.  Maybe you should go watch Thor, the movie.  It was absolutely awesome!  It made Bible God very, very boring in terms of great fiction.  Seriously.

I did see Thor..I thought it was entertaining, yet it really pales in comparison to biblical testimony.  I'll tell you a story about Thor though..

There was a boy I knew who was constantly being tortured by a demonic presence.  He would hear the voices of demons, or perhaps even Satan, saying the most vile and awful things in his mind.  He would be physically tortured by these denoms to the point where he would go into convulsions.  Then one day when it was happening, for some reason, he called upon the name of Thor.  When he did this the demons suddenly disappeared.

This happened a few times, so he decided that Thor must be the true God.  Yet, he figured out later this is exactly what they wanted him to believe.  When the demons saw he was calling on something other than Jesus, they stopped torturing him.  It was only later when he figured this out that he was able to make them leave permanently by calling on the name of the Lord.

In any case, as I was saying to "Death over Life", that Jesus put it on my heart to tell you here that Jesus is calling to you now.  He is calling you to come to Him and know Him personally.  I believe you have sought sincerely, but try one more time.  You will not be disappointed.  God bless.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 11:18:46 PM »

So far you still seem to lie and cheat. You just seem to think it's okay because you have god on your side now. Funny how that seems to work huh?

I'm not following..how did I lie or cheat?

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 11:19:49 PM »
Some things are due to Gods timing.  For instance, I was agnostic for most of my life, when God suddenly revealed Himself to me.  I did not seek Him out, He chose me.  Why, I don't know..but now of course I wish I had heard from Him when I was a kid.  Yet, it's up to Him.

Wait. 2 things.

#1. God chose you, not you chose god? So that means you are admitting god plays favoritism, as to who to save, and who to send to the eternal toaster. And you say this is a god of love? He chooses you, but not us, what gives?

#2. Your scriptures say, seek and you shall find, but also contradicts itself saying that no man is able to seek god.

So, I am doing what the Bible says, and I’m not finding your god in reality. Ironically, in obeying the Bible, I am disobeying the Bible, because I am not able to seek God. So, with the de-coder ring, which is it?

Let me tell you this much, and I know you are telling the truth about what you are saying.  That you have sincerely sought Him. 

Jesus put it on my heart to come here and tell you, and anyone else here who will listen, that if you ask to know Him sincerely, if you pray to Him and ask if He is real, He will reveal Himself to you.  I know He is serious about it so please, try Him once more.  If you seek you will find.  I will spend some time reading the rest of your post and answering it.  God bless.

I’ve given Him infinite amount of chances, he takes none. God will be through with me when I’m dead, even I will forgive him after I’m dead. So, once again, how is this seen as love, because as your faith puts it, when I’m dead I’m damned, yet I’ll be willing to forgive God if he shows up in front of me when I’m dead. How is this tyrant who plays games with his own creation seen as love?

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 11:22:47 PM »
I am not a perfect Christian..that would be Christ.  However yes, I do not have many possessions.  I have basically given away all that was ever materially important to me.  I have gone out into the world many times being led by God.  Right now, I am being called to take care of my family which is what I am doing currently. 

So then I take it that you've given everything that you have away? I assume that you're using a computer in the public library then right? So you've gone left your family behind?

I'm sure you do because you, of course, are not a liar or a hypocrite. Despite about half of the things you've said so far.

By that, I mean sincerely and not swearing at Him and cursing His name and demanding He do tricks for you.

But he says in the bible that he will perform tricks for us. Are you saying that the bible is a book of lies? Or did you just skip that part? Better question, have you actually read it?

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 11:23:39 PM »

I did see Thor..I thought it was entertaining, yet it really pales in comparison to biblical testimony.  I'll tell you a story about Thor though..

There was a boy I knew who was constantly being tortured by a demonic presence.  He would hear the voices of demons, or perhaps even Satan, saying the most vile and awful things in his mind.  He would be physically tortured by these denoms to the point where he would go into convulsions.  Then one day when it was happening, for some reason, he called upon the name of Thor.  When he did this the demons suddenly disappeared.

This happened a few times, so he decided that Thor must be the true God.  Yet, he figured out later this is exactly what they wanted him to believe.  When the demons saw he was calling on something other than Jesus, they stopped torturing him.  It was only later when he figured this out that he was able to make them leave permanently by calling on the name of the Lord.

In any case, as I was saying to "Death over Life", that Jesus put it on my heart to tell you here that Jesus is calling to you now.  He is calling you to come to Him and know Him personally.  I believe you have sought sincerely, but try one more time.  You will not be disappointed.  God bless.

You know, I've heard Ahura Mazda and Allah do the exact same things. I've also heard of an entity named Sophia at one time answer prayers when the Christian god could not. Maybe perhaps Sophia is the true goddess instead?

Offline Tinyal

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-1
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 11:24:29 PM »
SoG, are you intentionally a bit dense, or simply reading challenged?  God said all it would take is faith as much as a mustard seed and one could move mountains.....are you saying no one, ever - not a single amputee, ever had as much as a mustard seed of faith?? 

Why is it religious people only claim god does miracles in 3rd world countries where there is no knowledge of science, no cameras, no scientists??  He had no problem doing (apparently) miracles in the past for all to see.

Lastly, you know nothing - nada, zip - of and about the people here on this forum.  Many of us spent years, decades of our lives as dedicated, knowledgeable, praying christians - and we got nothing, nothing but illusion, untruths, and delusions...

How about you stop preaching stuff from the bible and tell us what convinced you - what evidence you have - that god is real?
Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water?

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 11:27:09 PM »
I am not a perfect Christian..that would be Christ.  However yes, I do not have many possessions.  I have basically given away all that was ever materially important to me.  I have gone out into the world many times being led by God.  Right now, I am being called to take care of my family which is what I am doing currently. 

This is what Alzael is talking about when He called you a liar and a hypocrite.

Luke 14:25-27 (King James Version)

25And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

It is not in the plan of God/Christ to love and take care of your family. Since you love your family, and your life, you can not be Christ's disciple. That is from the words of Yeshua HIMSELF, not me. This is the God you claim to serve, but you aren't following His' words. So, who are you really following?

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +301/-32
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 11:27:19 PM »
Quote from: Azdgari

They are verified by God Himself.  That was my point above that, if you actually tried to know Jesus, you would see that.   The bible perfectly describes not only what is happening on Earth now, but also how to obtain salvation and know God.

We only know God by natural and special revelation.  Natural revelation is that God has made His appearance plain, that His eternal attributes are apparent from the things He has made.  Special revelation is when God comes to you personally.  Everyone can know God in this way if they ask to.

None of what you wrote addresses what I wrote.  Pretending to address to my words, while not actually addressing my words, is misleading and dishonest.

Why are you behaving in this manner?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:34:22 PM by Azdgari »
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 11:29:47 PM »
Wait. 2 things.

#1. God chose you, not you chose god? So that means you are admitting god plays favoritism, as to who to save, and who to send to the eternal toaster. And you say this is a god of love? He chooses you, but not us, what gives?

Some people are elect, in that God chose them before the foundation of the world.  Meaning, God knew me, knew that He would create me before He even made the world.  The apostles were an example of this.  So, my life has always been predestined.  This isn't the case with everyone.

#2. Your scriptures say, seek and you shall find, but also contradicts itself saying that no man is able to seek god.

So, I am doing what the Bible says, and I’m not finding your god in reality. Ironically, in obeying the Bible, I am disobeying the Bible, because I am not able to seek God. So, with the de-coder ring, which is it?

The bible says that no man can find God because no one is righteous.  This is why God made a provision for us through His Son.  Christ is the mediator between man and God.

I’ve given Him infinite amount of chances, he takes none. God will be through with me when I’m dead, even I will forgive him after I’m dead. So, once again, how is this seen as love, because as your faith puts it, when I’m dead I’m damned, yet I’ll be willing to forgive God if he shows up in front of me when I’m dead. How is this tyrant who plays games with his own creation seen as love?

I only know what God put on my heart and that its trustworthy.  On your part though, if you're saying that you honestly seek God..why do you spend your time hanging around here cursing God?  That isn't how to find Him.  Railing against Him isn't going to get you anywhere.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »

This is not what Jesus would tell you to do though. So it's, in effect, another dishonest statement from you. If you truly followed Jesus you would have left them behind completely and would treat them with hatred and despise. As well as you still have your possessions (however few), this is also not something someone who truly followed his words would do. So we have another instance to add to the list.

In case you were wondering about your previous lies. We can start with this below and move on from there.

In the moral choice thread you claimed that god was unchanging. As I pointed out, this is either a lie on your part or utter ignorance on your part in regards to anything the bible says or anything that happens in it. Actually scratch that, I left out the possibility of you just not being smart as well.

Offline servantofgod

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 11:32:57 PM »

This is what Alzael is talking about when He called you a liar and a hypocrite.

Luke 14:25-27 (King James Version)

25And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

It is not in the plan of God/Christ to love and take care of your family. Since you love your family, and your life, you can not be Christ's disciple. That is from the words of Yeshua HIMSELF, not me. This is the God you claim to serve, but you aren't following His' words. So, who are you really following?

The greatest commandments are these:

Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and all your strength

Love your neighbor as yourself

What I mean about taking care of my family is this..I am here to witness to them.  My mother is an agnostic, my sister an atheist, my brother an atheist and my father is an atheist.  Currently, I have been called to witness to them.  After this, I will go where He calls me next.