Author Topic: The moment the worm turned for me!  (Read 3863 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: The moment the worm turned for me!
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 09:43:45 AM »
Velkyn: There is another way to quickly become an atheist; reading the bible.
"...their infants shall be dashed to pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." (Hosea 13:16)
"Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled and their wives ravished." (Isaiah 13:16)
"....and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children." (Isaiah 13:18)

What did these unborn children do that so offended god? This is suppose to be the acts (via his human cohorts) of a loving, caring, comapassionate god? It sounds like the mind of a psychopath rather than a compassionate deity. How does god, jesus, holy spirit, (the all in one god) justify this carnage? Because they weren't believers? This is reprehensible behavior by any standard, and sick as s**t!

I was depressed as hell after returning from Nam, and my mother suggested I'd find comfort in scripture. Wrong!

Indeed.  Pretty much sent me on my way (that and my church eating itself alive).

yes, one wonders what problem God has with kids, considering how many he's murdered per the bible.  To say that the bible would comfort a vet is well, silly.  Few other books are so happy about war. Even the supposed "prince of peace" advocates bringing the sword to cause families to disintergrate.  Some family values....
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline mommykicksbutt

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Rubbing the religious raw, one theist at a time
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 01:17:22 PM »
... Even the supposed "prince of peace" advocates bringing the sword to cause families to disintergrate.  Some family values....

Jesus's family values here:
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=5497.0

this thread pissed off a few xians here, but if the shoe fits...

Faith is nice but doubt will get you an education!
Theism: the virus that infects then disables the brain's bullshit detector
Join FFRF.org

Offline wwdriver

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2011, 02:50:31 PM »
Last year, as a service to my former church, I volunteered to photograph the Vacation Bible School (VBS), a gross missrepresentation of intent.  Very little of the bible was taught: instead, the young cherubs (some still in diapers) were "taught" (read - brainwashed) to dance to various songs denigrating the Theory of Evolution specifically, and science itself in general.

Wow, things are getting worse.  My parents sent me to every VBS offered in my small community (as a free babysitting service) and all I had to do was memorize books of the bible and eat cookies.
I don't remember ever learning anything in VBS, not even memorizing the books of the Bible. Then, as I was typing that, I remember the song of the New Testament books. "Matthew, Mark, Luke and John." I guess I did learn something. I also learned how to glue construction paper together, glue dyed rice to paper, string together dyed macaroni into necklaces, and get glitter on everything. Yep. Free baby sitting service.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »
Last year, as a service to my former church, I volunteered to photograph the Vacation Bible School (VBS), a gross missrepresentation of intent.  Very little of the bible was taught: instead, the young cherubs (some still in diapers) were "taught" (read - brainwashed) to dance to various songs denigrating the Theory of Evolution specifically, and science itself in general.

Wow, things are getting worse.  My parents sent me to every VBS offered in my small community (as a free babysitting service) and all I had to do was memorize books of the bible and eat cookies.
I don't remember ever learning anything in VBS, not even memorizing the books of the Bible. Then, as I was typing that, I remember the song of the New Testament books. "Matthew, Mark, Luke and John." I guess I did learn something. I also learned how to glue construction paper together, glue dyed rice to paper, string together dyed macaroni into necklaces, and get glitter on everything. Yep. Free baby sitting service.

wwdriver, Welcome to the forum!  Just a note to let you know that this thread is over two years old!  The members participating have long since left, and we frown on reviving these older threads!  No problem ,just a reminder as you get started participating!

Jetson

Offline tomt

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 12:37:22 AM »
isn't calling people names not allowed on this forum?

congratulation, Cvl, for being one more ignorant Christian who promulgates lies.  Always glad to see one more of your type.  You are such a hypocrite, blithely using the same science that supports evolution whilst decrying it.  I do wonder why such "good Christians" as you don't go live in huts in the holy land, piously refusing those things that demonstrate that your beliefs are wrong. 

what's the matter,

Scared?

here is what your doing -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

might ask your self why, even though i already pointed this out.

and,

as most on this forum, you get caught up in details ,

without looking at the bigger picture.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 06:17:13 AM »
Tomt,

Did you not read my reply in bold green right above yours?  Not to mention that your reply is considered trolling, which is against the forum rules.  If you do not have anything to add to a conversation, then do not reply - especially in very old threads where the people originally involved may no longer be around.

Jetson

Offline Zane

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2011, 10:20:34 PM »
What's the point in ignoring reality?

The longer Christianity ignores reality (including and especially Darwinism for 150+ years), the longer they retain their power base and money tree...
Just to remind you, it is more than just Christianity that ignores reality. Some more than others, Christianity is the middle of the list of the absolutely absurd. Try to keep your eyes on the bigger picture.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 03:17:53 PM »
you are replying to a post that is 2 1/2 years old, the author of which has long since moved on.  Please respond to more current posts.  Thanks.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.