Author Topic: He has healed [#564]  (Read 439 times)

Offline PostalGirl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood postal girl!
He has healed [#564]
« on: October 19, 2008, 05:23:50 PM »
It isn't that God won't heal amputees, it is that we do not  have faith that
he will. We limit Him. It says in the Bible...let it be  according to your
faith. I have a friend that has a mentally challenged son. He  cut off his little
toe in an accident. He told him mom about a week later to  look at his toe
that grew back. His mom told him that toes do not grow back, but  he said "I
prayed for my toe to grow back and God made it grow back." The Bible  says we
have to have faith like a little child. How many of us in the modern  world have
that kind of faith?

God is real. I have seen Him work in my life and others. I  pray that one day
you will know His truth and His love.

Sincerely,
[Name]

[DL fixed numbering, 264 -> 564]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:15:07 PM by DL »

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +1/-2
  • If you are following God why can I still see you?
    • Moving Beyond Faith
Re: He has healed [#264]
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:21:43 PM »
Any real proof beyond hearsay? If this had happened, it would make national news.
Christian: "Hate the sin, love the sinner"
Stu (one of my favorite Inet atheists): "Love the christian, hate the delusion from which he suffers"

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
Re: He has healed [#264]
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:02:28 PM »
Proof, please.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: He has healed [#564]
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 09:57:32 PM »
Yep.  Provide proof.  The last few claims of amputees being healed all were based on a bone spur growing ... not a leg.  If you've got a toe regrowing, that would be something.

(If you don't respond with proof, I'll assume that you are either a liar or don't know what you're talking about.)
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 12:30:20 AM »
I would absolutely love to see empirical evidence to support your claim.  It would be just wonderful to know that our bodies can be healed through the power of Jesus Christ.  I occasionally go to a church where the members and pastor always gossip about how people have been healed.  Some cases where tumors disappear in front of the congregation, and yet I never see it happen.  The church is on television, so every service is recorded.  I am still searching for the video that shows these things happen.  It seems Christians talk more about people being healed than actually seeing it happen.

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 04:39:54 PM »
He has healed

Until you prove otherwise, he has not.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 07:07:14 PM »
GotMooo, it's another indication of the inherent dishonesty of theism.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 08:03:23 PM »
It isn't that God won't heal amputees, it is that we do not  have faith that
he will. We limit Him. It says in the Bible...let it be  according to your faith.

So, if I've read this correctly, you seem to suggest that God is somehow hindered by our lack of faith.  Since when is your omnimax deity dependent on his creations faith in order to give range to his powers?  If your deity is omnipotent it shouldn't matter who or how many believe in him.  "We limit Him."  If God does exist how do mere humans limit the powers of an omnipotent deity?

I have a friend that has a mentally challenged son. He cut off his little toe in an accident. He told him mom about a week later to  look at his toe that grew back. His mom told him that toes do not grow back, but  he said "I prayed for my toe to grow back and God made it grow back." The Bible  says we have to have faith like a little child. How many of us in the modern  world have that kind of faith?

:D Oh you Christians and your silly, made up "God", "miracles", and "healing" stories.  Oh you guys crack me up  :D

But being serious now and detracting from the sillyness... unless you can provide proof of this magical toe growing back from being cut off, your claims have no merit what-so-ever.  In echoing the previous posts and what every other atheist will say, "We require evidence sir/madam."  Unlike you, we do not take anything on blind faith.  If you want to convince us that this toe did grow back and God did it... fine... show us the proof.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.