Author Topic: I'm Distressed & Need Answers!!  (Read 13092 times)

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +134/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
Re: I'm Distressed & Need Answers!!
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »
SOI, so basically you want to be a martyr for your faith, and by not agreeing to adhere to forum rules you'll happily confirm your preconception that atheists want to silence you, right?
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline SOI

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »
SOI, so basically you want to be a martyr for your faith, and by not agreeing to adhere to forum rules you'll happily confirm your preconception that atheists want to silence you, right?

If that is not what happens, then how would I be wrong?

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +134/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 11:43:09 AM »

If you mean you'll be banned for refusing to follow forum rules, you're right - that will absolutely happen. But that happens regardless of your position on the supernatural. So it's your right to defy the forum policies, but your banning won't be due to you being a Christian or theist.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 11:43:48 AM »

So, just to be clear here. If you come in ranting like a lunatic, making no sense, ignoring discussion, randomly preaching, and flagrantly disobeying the rules that you agreed to adhere to, and you are then banned this is somehow proof of an atheist agenda to silence you?

I'm curious, exactly what colour is the sky in your world? It must be nice to live in a world where you can behave however you want and blame it on others.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline SOI

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 11:48:10 AM »

So, just to be clear here. If you come in ranting like a lunatic, making no sense, ignoring discussion, randomly preaching, and flagrantly disobeying the rules that you agreed to adhere to, and you are then banned this is somehow proof of an atheist agenda to silence you?

I'm curious, exactly what colour is the sky in your world? It must be nice to live in a world where you can behave however you want and blame it on others.

You do not understand what I am saying because you have become dull of hearing.

Do you not believe that you are blaming God for so many things that Christians believe in? You have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter, and you hindered those who were entering

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »
You will remove me from these message boards, and why?

Screwtape didn't say anything about removing you from the forums, although it does appear that that's the direction you're heading in...

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

...and this is why: you're preaching.  Apart from the fact that preaching is going to have absolutely zero impact on us in any other way than to cause us to roll our eyes and shake our heads in annoyance -- because, believe me, you're not the first preacher that we've had here, not by a long shot -- it's also against the forum rules, and if you break the forum rules, you are going to be subject to disciplinary action.  And if/when that happens, it won't have anything to do with your beliefs, either.  Atheists here have also been subject to such action.

I speak to all who hear this way, grocery store or not.

Then I guess you must be a real hit at parties.

The Kingdom of God has come near you and you have rejected it!  Jerusalem, you who stone her prophets!

Preaching again.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +134/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 11:52:31 AM »
Do you not believe that you are blaming God for so many things that Christians believe in?

Do you not understand what an atheist is? It is one that doesn't believe in a god(s). Please explain to me, in your own words, how I can blame something on a being I don't believe exists.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 11:54:08 AM »

Do you not believe that you are blaming God for so many things that Christians believe in? You have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter, and you hindered those who were entering

Really? Because I'm pretty sure that it's because you're a raving nutjob. For example: "You have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter" You cannot enter a key. At least not if you live in the real world. Hence you cannot hinder someone from entering the key.

Also you might want to try periods, predicate clauses, not huffing butane.....

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 11:55:06 AM »

Actually, most of the people here probably know more about your religion than you do.

Do you not believe that you are blaming God for so many things that Christians believe in?

We're not blaming god for anything.  How can we?  We don't believe he exists.  How can you blame a non-existent being for anything?

You have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter, and you hindered those who were entering

SOI... I'm not kidding around, here: you really, really need to stop preaching.  Even if it had a snowball's chance in Guam of converting us, which it doesn't, it's against the forum rules.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline SOI

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 11:56:35 AM »

Do you not understand what an atheist is? It is one that doesn't believe in a god(s). Please explain to me, in your own words, how I can blame something on a being I don't believe exists.

You do not believe in God, yet your reality revolves around a God.

Or am I wrong in my assessment?

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2011, 11:58:31 AM »
You do not believe in God, yet your reality revolves around a God.

Or am I wrong in my assessment?

Unless you can prove god exists, yeah. You're pretty much wrong about everything. It's more accurate to say that our reality has a tendency to revolve around delusional half-wits who try to base reality on their own insanities mixed with ancient fairy tales.

Offline SOI

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2011, 11:59:06 AM »

Really? Because I'm pretty sure that it's because you're a raving nutjob. For example: "You have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter" You cannot enter a key. At least not if you live in the real world. Hence you cannot hinder someone from entering the key.

Also you might want to try periods, predicate clauses, not huffing butane.....

Why did CHrist speak in parables?

Why?

SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT SEE WITH THEIR EYES AND PERCEIVE WITH THEIR HEART, AND BE CONVERTED AND I HEAL THEM

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +74/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2011, 11:59:14 AM »

Then perhaps you should use clearer and more concise wording. It's your task to make your audience understand.

No, I blame ignorance and delusion and weakness of mind.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline kindred

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-5
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 11:59:54 AM »
Get this through your thick head soi, LOGIC reigns here.

Nobody here cares that YOU need to believe in something stupid to feel okay. We will mock you for needing a crutch. Because unlike people that are lame, you don't actually need your emotional crutch(religion). You just don't have the emotional fortitude to try and live without it.
"Keep calm and carry on"

"I trust you are not in too much distress"

Offline SOI

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
Get this through your thick head soi, LOGIC reigns here.

Nobody here cares that YOU need to believe in something stupid to feel okay. We will mock you for needing a crutch. Because unlike people that are lame, you don't actually need your emotional crutch(religion). You just don't have the emotional fortitude to try and live without it.

The weak are strong.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 12:03:53 PM »
Hi SOI

Nope.  You will remove yourself, or not, by your behavior.  This is not a platform for you or anyone else to preach.  You have come here with a boatload of prejudices and are behaving in such a way as to ensure your bigotry is confirmed.  So, I am asking you, please, stop it.   

Everyone else,
remain calm.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:11 PM »
SOI, this is a discussion forum, not a soapbox for you to preach on. If you have evidence, present it. If you have a rational or intelligent to make, produce it. Your behaviour is in violation of the rules that you agreed to when you signed up to the forum.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:44 PM »

The only reason a person is removed from these boards is if they break the rules.

For the word of God Allah is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

The Kingdom of God Allah has come near you and you have rejected it! Jerusalem, you who stone her prophets!

Notice how changing the word "god" for the word "allah" doesn't change your argument at all. You can put anything in there.

When you can replace god with anything else and still the same argument, it means the argument fails.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline Asmoday

• Reader
  • Darwins +14/-0
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 12:06:59 PM »
The weak are strong.
And war is peace!

Hello doublethink! (not that I think SOI actually read 1984...)
Absilio Mundus!

I can do no wrong. For I do not know what it is.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 12:07:14 PM »
On a separate note. Since you agreed to follow the forum rules when you signed on here, the fact that you're not willingly breaking them makes you essentially a deceitful liar. I'm sure that your god is very happy with you right now.

I don't know if "think" is exactly what I'd use in regards to this one.

Offline SOI

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 12:08:53 PM »
Hi SOI

Nope.  You will remove yourself, or not, by your behavior.  This is not a platform for you or anyone else to preach.  You have come here with a boatload of prejudices and are behaving in such a way as to ensure your bigotry is confirmed.  So, I am asking you, please, stop it.   

Everyone else,
remain calm.

I have not cast one stone. I have merely defended my God. I am zealous for Him. If I said the same words as you, you would accept me, to our own doom.

Quote from: modbreak
preaching removed
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:13:24 PM by screwtape »

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »

Offline SOI

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 12:09:59 PM »
On a separate note. Since you agreed to follow the forum rules when you signed on here, the fact that you're not willingly breaking them makes you essentially a deceitful liar. I'm sure that your god is very happy with you right now.

I don't know if "think" is exactly what I'd use in regards to this one.

I give to God what is his.

The book/film 1984 is your prison.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 12:17:47 PM »
I have not cast one stone. I have merely defended my God. I am zealous for Him. If I said the same words as you, you would accept me, to our own doom.

No, we still wouldn't accept you. Even if you were an atheist, you're still insane and irrational. And you haven't defended your god, you've ranted and preached nonsense.

I also notice that you left out the part where I pointed out the fact that you were being obviously decietful. But I'm sure that you've changed reality in your mind to make that not exist anymore either.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 12:19:40 PM »

If your god exists then he is surely embarassed by your antics here.  You have not defended him - you have worked very hard to discredit him.  Good job?
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »
Okay, I was mistaken. SOI is here to preach, not learn or discuss. Though I suppose he still might learn something (I'm feeling optimistic today). SOI, if you would just stop talking at people and spend some time talking to them, you might make more progress.

You want to share your views; we get that. But on this forum, you're expected to also defend your beliefs. Naysaying, preaching and circular reasoning are not going to reach us here.

If you are sincere about engaging in debate, I recommend reading some posts of Death over Life or Old Church Guy, two theist members of the forum. They aren't here often, but they have my respect, even if I don't agree with them.

Good luck.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

The Kingdom of God has come near you and you have rejected it! Jerusalem, you who stone her prophets!

SOI step back and think for a moment. People here are skeptical of your claims. Understand that. You are making claims of thing that trancend the physical world. Take you view of someone who says that some otherworld being has shown them how to live their life, that said otherworldly being can make thing miraculously happen, and all they have to prove it is a book handed down for generations. Tell me, why would you not believe them?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Jim

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-1
  • Born Again Atheist
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »

SOI,

If you wish to have discussion, that is ok.

But, seriously, no preaching.  If you wish to preach to atheists, do it elsewhere.
Survey results coming soon!

Offline SOI

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2011, 01:51:38 PM »
If I addressed every comment directed my way, I could exceed the character size of the text box.

I have formulated that we speak differrently. I do not understand you, and you do not understand my words.

This great chasm between us, can you not see it? I do not mean to speak at, or preach to all of you. In fact, if you knew me personally, we would cherish each other and you would see my walk.