Author Topic: We're sorry... [#43]  (Read 501 times)

Offline DL

We're sorry... [#43]
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »
Hello, you don't know me and I don't know you. I would like to apologize to you on behalf of myself and all the other lousy people in this world who call ourselves Christians. We are people just like you. We make mistakes too! Some of us like to pretend that we're better than everyone else, but we really aren't. We have failed to show the world God's love. The bible says that we are the hands and feet of Christ. I guess the body must have some nerve damage, because the hands and feet sure aren't moving!

I've just finished watching your video, "10 Questions That Every Intelligent Christian Must Answer." I've got to admit that it left me a little shocked. It sounds like you were raised as a Christian, but for some reason, the whole God thing turned you off. There are two ways that we get our view of God. The first is right from the source: God on earth, Jesus. The second is from those around us who claim to be followers of God. I think it would be a pretty safe guess to say that you weren't around in Jesus' time. :) Let's just say that there are lots of us who talk the talk, but not many who actually walk the walk. So please accept my deepest apolgies. I'm not trying to convince you that there is a god or anything like that, but please forgive us stuck-up Christians.

Thanks for reading all of this... I hope it wasn't too boring! B-) I look forward to talking to you more in the future.

[name]

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
Re: We're sorry... [#43]
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »
Thanks for the apology, I suppose. At least you're polite.

Out of curiosity, have you any answers to those 10 questions?
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
Wow.  Please join the forum.
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 06:07:25 PM »
Well, part of the problem was that when we (as a group) try to view god, we never, ever see anything.
You seem like maybe you have some ideas about what we are, why not join up and see for yourself.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.