Author Topic: thanks :) [#533]  (Read 894 times)

Offline DL

« on: October 13, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »

I realey like your videos, that about 10 questions and that about praying to a jar of milk.

I actually hate religious people because god is imaginary and seriousley, how can people pray to a god that created a such horrible think as a human? just look what we did to the world and thoose guys just say: God has his reasons. is his reason to kill and destroy evreything "god has created" We all know that some day men will kill all life on earth, lots of animals in almost gone allready now.

I love your work of this movie, god does not exist!

Offline Sota

Re: thanks :) [#533]
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 08:22:34 PM »
Come and join us in the forums.  You won't find the guy who made the videos, but you'll find a lot of people who share most of the same beliefs expressed in them.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 08:33:13 PM »
While religious people can be frustrating to talk to, and they as a group do quite a bit of damage, don't hate them.  Most are victims who have been convinced that they are doing the right thing by doing the wrong thing. 

A few of the people here are former Christians because of those videos.  Pass them around ... and take a look at some other videos and channels if you are interested;

YouTube Roundup...
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=1186.msg34834#msg34834
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Sota

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 08:47:15 PM »
While religious people can be frustrating to talk to, and they as a group do quite a bit of damage, don't hate them.  Most are victims who have been convinced that they are doing the right thing by doing the wrong thing. 

A few of the people here are former Christians because of those videos.  Pass them around ... and take a look at some other videos and channels if you are interested;

YouTube Roundup...
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=1186.msg34834#msg34834

Who here was a christian?

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 08:48:55 PM »
Me, Vynn, Former Believer...just to name a few.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Sota

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »
Me, Vynn, Former Believer...just to name a few.

I forgot about Vynn.  But that's cool.  I didn't actually know that this site made you guess re-consider.

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 08:53:36 PM »
I think the majority of us are former Christians.
How do you define soul?
"A baseless assertion by simple-minded, superstitious individuals"
   -Starstuff

Offline Sota

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 09:00:25 PM »

Yes, but I'm wondering how many deconverted because of this site.

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 09:28:24 PM »
I'm a former Christian but not from this site entirely.  This site helped me open my eyes and think more though.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 11:35:25 PM »
I actually hate religious people

Be careful on this.  Don't hate religious people.  Most of them are uninformed, brought up in their faith, and never allowed the freedom of free thought and the ability to question what they were told to believe in. 

I'm a through and through atheist... but I don't hate religious minded individuals.

Who here was a christian?

Quite a few of us.  I was at one point.  I didn't know about this site until only a little while ago but it is just one more thing that has let me enhance my understanding and think a little more deeply about religion now that I've seen the depth of religions delusional nature.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »

Yes, but I'm wondering how many deconverted because of this site.

If I remember correctly, Vynn deconverted over at the last forum. I wasn't there when it happened, but the thread still exists, I think.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote