Author Topic: Repent or burn! [#535]  (Read 496 times)

Offline DL

Repent or burn! [#535]
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:13:19 PM »

God is real and can be proven in one minute:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhgQSMOgVQ[/youtube]

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Repent or burn! [#535]
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:04:23 PM »
LOL!   Thanks for the humor! 

A 1.5 star on YouTube with comments that already rip this one up.

If you are the author of that video, come on over here and we can discuss it.  Maybe your ratings will go up?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:21:10 PM »
Why would a God violate his own laws that he created?  Seems inconsistent to his never changing profile.

Also things have always existed just like your so-called God.  Matter and energy are always in a state of change.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 12:15:07 AM »
1. Matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed. (Law of Conservation of Mass/Energy)

Precisely! Matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed but only change form.  Matter can change into energy, as evident in radioactive decay, and energy can change into matter, as evident in recent findings where microwaves were detected in apparently devoid areas of space.

So by this law the universe was never created and will never be destroyed... it will only change form.  How could god create this universe while abiding by his own laws he supposedly set up?

2. At the Big Bang, the whole universe was created.  There was nothing before it.

At the big bang our whole universe was formed.  The big bang is a misnomer, it really should be the big expansion.  Before what we consider the universe there were countless others.  All expanded and then shrunk to an infintesmally small spot called a singularity (infinite mass with no volume).  Then this singularity expanded rapidly.  Once the remnants had sufficient time to cool matter once formed and after billions of years of cooling and conversion, we have what we are and see today.

Theory of repeating big bangs and big crunches refuted by black holes.

It's old but it should get you started on repeating big bangs: Article

Only two conclusion can be reached:

The laws of physics just violated themselves by creating everything out of nothing; or

The laws of physics does not and can not intentionally and intelligently violate themselves.

A force above the laws of physics violated them when the universe was created.

So this higher force violated it's own laws it created for it's own creation?
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Introsis

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • It is because it must.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 02:10:08 AM »
Those examples shouldn't even count. They are theories, therefore can be unproven. Just because we haven't done it yet, doesn't mean it can't be done.
"In the vast, deep forest of Hyrule… long have I served as the gaurdian spirit… I am known as the Deku Tree." ~ Deku Tree, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 01:26:08 PM »
Right, and through the bad science...where's the part where you prove that God is real?
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:51:16 PM »
ROFL!  This is my favorite part of the forum.  I like to read all of these to get a good laugh.  I usually don't respond because it is never worth it to respond to a ridiculous argument such as this.

I couldn't help myself here though.
How do you define soul?
"A baseless assertion by simple-minded, superstitious individuals"
   -Starstuff

Offline JackWhitehead1

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Time's owned every thought I've known.
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »
Repent or burn?
I'm not into your fairytale "boogie man if you're bad" stories, sorry.

With that tackled; how the hell does the video prove anything?!
I'm sorry but I'm not the one who believes there is a man in the sky who loves us all, and you're stating that what I believe in is irrational?

No.