Author Topic: 3rd century Amputee Healed!  (Read 7465 times)

Offline TheConvertsDoc

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Actor / Writer / Producer on TheConvertsDoc.com
    • The Converts Doc - Comedy Web Series about Christian Fundies
Re: 3rd century Amputee Healed!
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »
What they're probably not telling you is that they killed a perfectly healthy black ethiopian to perform this "miracle" for a white guy.

I was gonna say:  why's his new leg black?  according to the bible doesn't that make him a slave now?
Amish Patel
Actor / Writer / Producer
TheConvertsDoc.com
Check out my web-series, it's a comedy about Religious Fundies!

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
What they're probably not telling you is that they killed a perfectly healthy black ethiopian to perform this "miracle" for a white guy.

I was gonna say:  why's his new leg black?  according to the bible doesn't that make him a slave now?
Only about 1/5 slave.  I guess that would be a 1/5 compromise.
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 08:10:04 PM »

Just his 1 leg, which wouldn't be very practical.  You could maybe force him to be a place-kicker, but that's about it.
Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2012, 08:59:51 PM »

Also, did the guy start running half marathons?

Yes.  He was great in the turns, but kept veering to the left and running out of bounds down the stretches.
Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline zen_livin

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Stupid Member
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 05:26:49 AM »
from a picture TS posted
it look like implant procedure .... if god healed amputate the leg will grow like lizard tail ( i presume )
not cut some black dude leg into white dude missing leg :p
Fail In Science ?
Try religion

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »
 ;D  That's about all I have to add to this topic...  No, wait, there's evidence of 'boob jobs' being done during the time of the Egyptians.  Those darn Eagle heads were real!!!!!
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 10:50:21 PM »
So can he do the Bill Robinson tap dance with Shirley Temple, but only halfway down the stairs? Would he be called a "muleggo"? Would he wear one stylish athletic shoe and one plastic Croc a la George Bush? (And other one-black-leg racial humor....)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 08:46:07 AM »
We have had Christians here before who have claimed to have seen amputees being healed and people coming back from the dead.  They act like this is no big deal when you have a relationshi with the Big Guy.  Still surprised no on has done a 60 minutes thing on it.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 08:50:51 AM »
We have had Christians here before who have claimed to have seen amputees being healed and people coming back from the dead.  They act like this is no big deal when you have a relationshi with the Big Guy.  Still surprised no on has done a 60 minutes thing on it.

It isn't a 'big deal' anyway, dead people are just former living things, why would it be a 'big deal'? Not everything needs a 60 minutes thing, maybe this is better without one. Did they say how the amputees were healed? Maybe they claimed it were by god but instead the healer(s) were doctors.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 08:57:51 AM »
this is not a picture, this is a painting, and if you beleive it, prove it, chop off your finger and tape on one you found at a morticians clinic at the hospital or buy off a bum, the only thing that will happen is you lose a finger and get a really bad infection, so have fun!

That is it! You found god's true face! How did you do so? Yes seems like a lot of people are already infected with something. Some do deny it and will never find a cure. Sounds like Christians alright.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz