Author Topic: Why won't God do anything?  (Read 3359 times)

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Why won't God do anything?
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 03:32:42 PM »
<snip>Now I am an honest, upstanding atheist and facing Jehovah God's wrath.... :?
I would say now you are in better company, and likely will find more 'salvation' in this world than many JWs..
Enlightenment!  I am finally free from the torture of bullshitting with myself over imaginary watery-tarts..
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 08:09:42 PM »
According to JW's I was more likely to be one of the saved ones when I was a JW, even though I was lying.

And even though you weren't a male jewish virgin.  I'm rolling my eyes, in case you cannot tell.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 10:36:36 AM »
Well even being a JW was no guarantee. Only 144,000 people-who-will-sit-at-the-right-hand-of-god are guaranteed bonie fidee salvation worthy. When I asked who they were, I was told that nobody really knows but Jehovah God.

And the 144,000 themselves know who they are. How do they know? They just know. And they are the only ones allowed to drink the wine and eat the unleavened bread at the Lord's Evening Meal. So that's how you can tell who they are.

At our urban Chicago Kingdom Hall of mostly black members, two really old white ladies were part of the 144,000.[1] With around 7 million JW's worldwide, what are the chances that our congregation had two of the chosen ones? Plus, that 144,000 is for all time, past present and future.
 1. Or maybe they just came in for the free wine and crackers.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.