Author Topic: Why GOD does not heal amputees? Maybe because...  (Read 25213 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Re: Why GOD does not heal amputees? Maybe because...
« Reply #377 on: April 26, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »
God is healing people all the time.  I have seen it.

Many others before you have made the same claim.  When asked for proof, they never offer any.  I don't expect you to be any different.

The question is if you did see a healing would you believe?

If it were unambiguous and properly documented, yes.  But that never happens.

I challenge you to ask god to prove to that he is real.

Most of us, including me, have already done so.  More than once.  He has never given us any response.  Oh, well.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #378 on: April 26, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »
4.  Since God isn't like #3 in the Christian religion any religion out there then he must not exist at all...

First of all, all other "religions" bring god to a human understanding.  God (jesus) brings us out of humanity. Thats how you know all the rest of the religions are false. 

5.  If God is a deity, and Satan is his opponent, why would he condemn be satan's greatest gift and send you all to hell???
[/quote]

God so love the world he gave his only son to die for the sins of the world.  Jesus Atoning death is a gift for Salvation.  You need to accept Jesus as lord and savior.  It is your choice not God's choice. 

Everyone has eternal life you have to decide where you want to spend it.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #379 on: April 26, 2012, 10:12:58 AM »
God so love the world he gave his only son to die for the sins of the world.  Jesus Atoning death is a gift for Salvation.  You need to accept Jesus as lord and savior.  It is your choice not God's choice.

No, actually it is Yahweh's choice, because he created all the rules.  Even if it weren't, though: I had no say in the matter when Jesus allowed himself to get nailed to that tree, and if I had, I would not have asked for it or allowed it.  There's only one person who should pay any kind of a penalty for anything I've done wrong, and it isn't him.

Consciousness does not continue after death.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #380 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16:52 AM »
Most of us, including me, have already done so.  More than once.  He has never given us any response.  Oh, well.
[/quote]

If your looking for the burning bush and a deep voice saying "Pianodwarf I have seen and heard your prayers".  your not going to get it.  In 2003 I raised both fists to God and told him if he was real to prove it to me.  He did.  It took a long time for me to process what happened but I fell to my knees and saw my whole life flash before my eyes. 

I have studied and saught Him.  I have seen people deliver from demons. I have seen legs grow, backs healed, tomurs shrunk (confirmed by doctors).  Just becuase you have not seen it does not mean it is not happening and most people justify the stuff so they do not have to deal with it.   

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #381 on: April 26, 2012, 10:18:08 AM »
God so love the world he gave his only son to die for the sins of the world.

But he didn't die and we were not forgiven, plus we are only 'guilty' by the arbitrary declaration of the very god that claims he loves us.  A 'guilt' assigned for us, before we exist, for nothing we could possibly be rationally responsible for.  We have no free will to even choose an alternate path then the one made up for us.

Jesus Atoning death is a gift for Salvation.  You need to accept Jesus as lord and savior.  It is your choice not God's choice. 

Jesus doesn't sacrifice anything, jesus being a god still has everything jesus had beforehand.  The 'sacrifice' of jesus is like a child kicking over a pile of stones that can be stacked back up again, while calling it a 'sacrifice'.

The only 'meaning' it has is your over emphasis that it really really is meaningful, taken literally its asinine and incoherent to the point of contradiction.

It is also not a 'choice', I can no more believe that my sub compact death trap of a car is a magical flying dragon ready to wisk me away to work then I can believe that a vindictive supernatural sky daddy created the world 10,000 years ago and sent himself to sacrifice himself to himself to save us from himself.

Knowledge is not derived by choice and this isn't a message of 'love', this is a message of compulsion under a threat of imagined violence to believe nonsense.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »
Nathan, you're evoking your religious rhetoric as if we were as indoctrinated as you.  Since we are not indoctrinated, simply repeating the platitude like language about your belief is meaningless to us.  Simply repeating the rhetoric over and over doesn't answer for the contradictions within your religious beliefs.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »
No, actually it is Yahweh's choice, because he created all the rules.  Even if it weren't, though: I had no say in the matter when Jesus allowed himself to get nailed to that tree, and if I had, I would not have asked for it or allowed it.  There's only one person who should pay any kind of a penalty for anything I've done wrong, and it isn't him.

God's grace atoned for all you have done wrong so you may have relationship with Him.  He is holy and when Adam and Eve fell it excluded us from relationship.   We all fall short of the glory of god (romans 3). 

Consciousness does not continue after death. 

Science does not agree.  And since I have seen demons delivered from people not do I
[/quote]

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #384 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:33 AM »
God's grace atoned for all you have done wrong so you may have relationship with Him.  He is holy and when Adam and Eve fell it excluded us from relationship.   We all fall short of the glory of god (romans 3). 

"grace" doesn't mean anything, it is another pleaded qualifier in a long list of special pleading fallacies.  It is an arbitrarily inserted adjective, that pertains to no other logical point or even necessitates the explanation you seem to draw from it.  You're just repeating a language of nonsense, based on indoctrination, as if other people believed it or were as poorly educated as yourself.

You're painting a superstitious myth where your god is so incredibly stupid that it couldn't imagine a better system than the one it created.  Hence, reductio ad absurdum, if taken to its logical conclusions it paints a god who contradicts the very meaning of 'god' itself.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #385 on: April 26, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
Knowledge is not derived by choice and this isn't a message of 'love', this is a message of compulsion under a threat of imagined violence to believe nonsense.

I agree you believe nonsense. Quatum physics proved alternate worlds.  if you think this is all we are then intellect is nonsense.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #386 on: April 26, 2012, 10:27:27 AM »
I agree you believe nonsense. Quatum physics proved alternate worlds.  if you think this is all we are then intellect is nonsense.

This has nothing to do with what I believe and you're not even responding to the previous post, you're just engaging in a dismissive strawman.

What about your religious beliefs motivates you to be this hateful and dishonest?

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #387 on: April 26, 2012, 10:31:43 AM »
I have seen people deliver from demons. I have seen legs grow, backs healed, tomurs shrunk (confirmed by doctors).

One of the rules here at WWGHA is that if you make a claim such as this one, you will be expected to back it up.  Please do so.  I will not be responding to any more of your posts until then.

In fact, at this point, you would do well to pause for a bit and read the rules, here:
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,21732.0.html

You're already breaking some of those rules, and if you continue, you can expect moderator intervention before too long.  Please note that I'm only trying to be helpful.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #388 on: April 26, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »
God is healing people all the time.  I have seen it.  The question is if you did see a healing would you believe?   Most people would not.  In your intellect you want to see God not in searching for him to be lord and savior.  Even if God did heal someone all you would mock it and pull it apart and justify in your mind that it did not happen. Here is a revelation that happen when Jesus healed people over 2000 year ago.
Then you need to show us who was healed, the medical records before and after and explain why the media was never told about this.  If I saw a healing, say a full leg being restored to an amputee, I would certainly wonder how it happened and then look for evidence.  CAn you show me that you can prove that any healing you saw was done by your god and only your god? 

Nathan, you use tired old claims about atheists and they amount to lies.  I know yuo have no idea whether or not "most people" would believe or not.  You claim that athesits only want to rebel againstn your god in their "intellect".  No, we do not, so that's another lie.  I believe that your god doesn't like his followers bearing false witness or lying, so you shoudl consider your words carefully if you beleive it exists.  If your god  can heal, let it heal someone in front of me. Surely, I'm that lost sheep that he wants back.  One miracle just for me.  But considering I was a Christian and I prayed to not lose my faith but did, I think your god is quite imaginary.   YOu see, I have asked God to help me and I did belive that he was real.  I've asked him to show himself since and I have yet to get a response.  You have no more ability to tell me how to reach god than I did myself or any other theist.  You have failed, unsuprisingly.  And "treat me like the Pharoah", mind control me so he can show off?  You see I've read the bible and know exactly what it says.  My, your threats about your invisible friend make me respect it and you ever so much more.  &)

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #389 on: April 26, 2012, 11:41:54 AM »
nathan,

Have you been diagnosed with mental illness?  Have you been prescribed medication for it?

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »
If your looking for the burning bush and a deep voice saying "Pianodwarf I have seen and heard your prayers".  your not going to get it.  In 2003 I raised both fists to God and told him if he was real to prove it to me.  He did.  It took a long time for me to process what happened but I fell to my knees and saw my whole life flash before my eyes. 

Ok then, how DID god revel himself to you?

I am looking for an answer that will be distinguishable from the results of smoking crack.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #391 on: April 27, 2012, 12:38:34 AM »
God so love the world he gave his only son to die for the sins of the world.  Jesus Atoning death is a gift for Salvation.

(Springy G sees a bloody, unsolicited package on Her front doorstep, and Her Dark Legion of cats milling about it in some agitation)

'Scuse Me for a second...

(Goes back into the house for a moment and returns wearing hard hat, leather gloves, safety goggles and safety shoes, and with the vaunted Clue-by-Four™ resting on Her shoulder)

Hsst!  Shoo!  Back in the house, you guys.

(Dark Legion rushes away in seven distinct directions)

*BAM BAM SMASH BAM WHAP POUND POUND KICK*

Consider that particular gift trashed.  Permanently.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +32/-110
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #392 on: April 27, 2012, 01:36:03 AM »
For the same reason he doesn't resurrect the dead. 

That's just the first thought that came to mind.
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #393 on: April 27, 2012, 05:49:10 AM »

Good answer! God has to depend on deluded humans to make up a story of his curing of amputees in just the same way that he did when they made up the stories about the various resurrections that they attribute to him.
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #394 on: April 27, 2012, 07:15:10 AM »

Yes he did

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #395 on: April 27, 2012, 07:23:38 AM »

Yes he did

I don't believe you.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #396 on: April 27, 2012, 08:54:36 AM »

Yes he did

This is the best you got? It doesn't even come close to answering the question. You can do better then this.

Did he come to you in a dream one night? Did he appear to you in some form in front of your eyes? Or did you attend a church service where a pastor was preaching a message that convinced you god was real?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:58:21 AM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #397 on: April 27, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »

what would this reason be, jst?

So we have Jst who claims that this god doesn't resurrect the dead and another theist, nate, who claimse he does.   Come on guys, show who is the one true believer here. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #398 on: April 27, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »

Yes he did

Is English your first language? If it is, there's no way you could've so thoroughly misread that question.
"In the end theologians are jealous of science, for they are aware that it has greater authority than do their own ways of finding “truth”: dogma, authority, and revelation. Science does find truth, faith does not. " - Jerry Coyne

Offline Aceluffy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #399 on: May 18, 2012, 12:17:01 PM »

Yes he did

English isn't my first language. It might even be considered my fourth language and even I can't misread that question. It takes a really "special" people to misunderstood that question completely

Nathan, the question is "HOW", it's not a yes or no question.
If we were made in His image, then why aren't humans invisible too?

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
« Reply #400 on: May 19, 2012, 12:39:24 AM »
Nathan, the question is "HOW", it's not a yes or no question.
theist: how = yes, why = no, proof = speculation, science = religious books, evidence = you can't prove it..
atheist: how = how, yes = yes, why = why, no = no, proof = evidence, speculation = you can't prove it, science = science, religion = bullshit

I think you catch the drift..   ;D
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline meconopsilo

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #401 on: May 22, 2012, 07:12:59 PM »
HE DOES NOT EXIST !!!! EVER CONSIDER THAT ?? man cmon now.
balls

Offline meconopsilo

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #402 on: May 22, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »
this "god" character/delusion has healed no one. never has never will. he is simply not real. i think that religion is a crutch for those who can not deal with there life. and whats silly rabbit about it is alllll these different people are forced into believing a "god" exist when there is none so they pray to there chuck norris bambi whatever and guess what????? nothing happens. nothing except the continuation of the individual acting upon false belief endlessly. insanity. why...why people ? is the mind really this weak ? hmm ?
balls

Offline meconopsilo

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #403 on: May 22, 2012, 07:34:19 PM »
i honestly apologize if i have offended anyone by any of my post on any forum and hope that you will accept my apology and look past it

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #404 on: May 22, 2012, 07:36:33 PM »
i honestly apologize if i have offended anyone by any of my post on any forum and hope that you will accept my apology and look past it

No worries, welcome to the forum.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2012, 04:50:49 PM »
4.  Since God isn't like #3 in the Christian religion any religion out there then he must not exist at all...

First of all, all other "religions" bring god to a human understanding.  God (jesus) brings us out of humanity. Thats how you know all the rest of the religions are false. 

5.  If God is a deity, and Satan is his opponent, why would he condemn be satan's greatest gift and send you all to hell???

[/quote]

I as a HUMAN choose to have nobody as a LORD over me......what is God/Jesus interest in being a lord of anything? If he has all the power he need not have subjects to lord over.....unless he needs to feed an EGO but then how would it be possible for the "creator" of ALL things to need his ego to be fed?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)