Author Topic: Why GOD does not heal amputees? Maybe because...  (Read 20759 times)

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-5
Re: Why GOD does not heal amputees? Maybe because...
« Reply #290 on: March 05, 2012, 09:26:47 AM »
The answer is simple, God created the earth and the universe but he is not present. Lucifer was cast from heaven to run the earth. He is a reptilian angel. He was cast here because he was rebellious. I have seen signals from Lucifer many times..here is my website. (read the my story page). Please keep in mind that i could care less if you think it's a lie.

www.thesterlingwarlock.20m.com

Sterling, bold green text on this forum is reserved for moderator comment, as detailed in the rules & regs you agreed to when you signed up.....

Like Hal says, if you want to give examples of how you have seen signals from Lucifer, why not just give your best one here for us to discuss?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #291 on: March 05, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »
The answer is simple, God created the earth and the universe but he is not present. Lucifer was cast from heaven to run the earth. He is a reptilian angel. He was cast here because he was rebellious. I have seen signals from Lucifer many times..here is my website. (read the my story page). Please keep in mind that i could care less if you think it's a lie.

That does sound pretty simple.  It also sounds pretty mythological.  Like, fiction.

Offline GodlessHeathen

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-1
  • Absence of evidence is not evidence of existence.
« Reply #292 on: March 05, 2012, 06:44:59 PM »

That does sound pretty simple.  It also sounds pretty mythological.  Like, fiction.

Perhaps God went home to planet "Nibiru." ;)

(If you're curious, google Zecharia Stitchin)
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" (Christopher Hitchens).

Offline sterlingwarlock

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
    • The SterlingWarlock
« Reply #293 on: March 05, 2012, 07:51:22 PM »
Lucifer does not want to be proven to the public, but those who have had experiences with him know the truth.

MODERATOR EDIT:  Green font color removed.  Sterlingwarlock, green text (as I'm using here) is reserved for moderator use at WWGHA to indicate that a moderator is speaking as a moderator.  If you choose to use color for emphasis, please use a color other than green.  Thank you.  {pianodwarf}
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:02:55 PM by pianodwarf »
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
                                 —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #294 on: March 05, 2012, 08:54:58 PM »
Lucifer does not want to be proven to the public, but those who have had experiences with him know the truth.

We're not talking to Lucifer, we're talking to one of those who have had experiences with him and knows the truth. So happily, you can tell us all about it..
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline orpat

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-8
  • What is in the bottle? No it's water
« Reply #295 on: March 06, 2012, 04:58:46 AM »
I think the question is relevant to any theistic view that asserts that God cares and is actively involved in the lives of human beings. I think the question can be paraphrased as follows and still have just as much meaning: "Why does God not give a damn?" That the evidence leads to the conclusion that a God who actually gives a damn about human beings is imaginary makes it relevant to almost any theistic view.

Well, that is an assumption at best. There are lots of religions in this world with different concepts of God apart from individualistic ones.

Besides, as the moderator has himself stated that this question is specifically directed towards believers of Yahweh, the God of OT and NT, I don't think you should counter this, should you?

Hello Homo Sapiens

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #296 on: March 06, 2012, 08:48:10 AM »
I thought the same, but doesn't roll off the tongue quite as easily, does it?

Indeed.

And since there aren't that many Deists around, it doesn't affect many.

Does it not?

No. Seriously, what number of American even know the term "Deist" much less are one?   And given that Deists, by definition, do not believe in an interventionist God, they aren't any sort of threat to personal liberty or life and limb, unlike gnostic Theists.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:52:05 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #297 on: March 06, 2012, 09:00:18 AM »

People have "personal experience" with fictitious beings all the time. The fictitious being always seems to be one out of the culture they are part of. You are part of a Christian culture and have experience with an entity, that seems conspicuously "hidden." Why should we treat you any different than a gibbering tribal primitive who says they have experience with their deity's Nemesis, Agubagu?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #298 on: March 06, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »

one more special snowflake who wants to be "oooohed and ahhhhed" for being so important to Lucifer.   It's always sad when adults must rely on making things up so they can feel important.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +264/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #299 on: March 06, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »
one more special snowflake who wants to be "oooohed and ahhhhed" for being so important to Lucifer.   It's always sad when adults must rely on making things up so they can feel important.

Come on, velkyn, you've all had experiences with Me. Everyone knows atheists worship Me. His experience was just more "personal", if you know what I mean. ;)
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2012, 10:35:19 AM »

One of the major reasons for religosity that isn't brought up nearly enough. People don't like the FACT they are part of uncaring universe marching to their quiet, forgettable, and inevitable demise; but rather want to think they have a special substance(a soul) that is the prize of an epic battle between cosmic entities.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »

David Icke many sue you for copyright infringment.........

Offline DR HANS SCHWANTZ

• Freshman
  • Darwins +4/-2
  • Truth and Knowledge Seeker
« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2012, 03:23:15 PM »
Quoted from Hatter23: "One of the major reasons for religosity that isn't brought up nearly enough. People don't like the FACT they are part of uncaring universe marching to their quiet, forgettable, and inevitable demise; but rather want to think they have a special substance(a soul) that is the prize of an epic battle between cosmic entities."

Can we assume that the above statement specifically the sentence "People don't like the FACT they are part of uncaring universe marching to their quiet, forgettable, and inevitable demise," applies also to you?

And if you answer yes to my former question, then how do you feel and are handling your inevitable demise to come?

What if naturalism or science somehow offered you eternal life on this planet as we know it now, would you take it?
I am not asking what is truth, even though I seek it, I will know when truth is in front of me, when it is internally consistent, coherent with knowledge, congruent with like experience, useful for helping me organize my thinking, this is all I can ask in seeking the truth.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2012, 03:35:09 PM »
Not to speak for Hatter or anyone else, but I don’t think anyone “likes” the fact that we will die or that it’s very likely that memory of us will not last very long.  However, that should not keep one from living one’s live well, learn well and doing what one can to improve this world.  Theists keep pinning their delusions on being rewarded by some magical being after they are dead.  Nothing supports this myth, as nothing supports your feeling that a “creator exists somewhere”.  You want to feel like you have some meaning, that this big important creator cares about you, which in turn makes you feel big and important.  That seems rather immature to me, the needs of someone who needs external validation. 

If I were offered eternal life on this planet would I take it?  Yep, sure. And I’d spend that life doing exactly as I am doing now, living live well and trying to improve the planet, trying to understand everything (and not whining that it’s okay not to understand as an excuse) and then hopefully the solar system, the local stars, the galaxy and on and on. But since I doubt that will happen, I am doing that anyway. I don’t fear death for myself.  I fear the loss I will feel when those I love die.  I do fear pain, if that’s involved, but death? No, it’s just part of life. I was non-existing before I was born and I will be non-existing afterwards.  I don’t need a primitive delusion, no matter how kitted out in new age nonsense or some new interpretation of some moldy “holy book” to make things feel better.   
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2012, 03:40:08 PM »

Can we assume that the above statement specifically the sentence "People don't like the FACT they are part of uncaring universe marching to their quiet, forgettable, and inevitable demise," applies also to you?

And if you answer yes to my former question, then how do you feel and are handling your inevitable demise to come?

What if naturalism or science somehow offered you eternal life on this planet as we know it now, would you take it?

I'll bite, even thought I have some very big suspicions as to where this is going..

Fine, I don't like it, but at least I have the honesty to acknowlege it is a fact. Yup, sad but true, like the fact there is no Santa Claus. How do you acknowledge the fact you can't fly without a machine? I assume you would prefer to have the ability to fly around like Superman, but you can't. How do you deal with it?

Sure I would take it, much as how science offers me anti-biotics and clean drinking water. I take those advantages, so why wouldn't I take this one?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:45:43 PM by Hatter23 »

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +264/-33
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »
Death is just the end of life. Without that, life would become meaningless. And yes, I know that life gives life meaning, but that meaning can only exist if life is on a timer. How can you give meaning to your life if it will never end? Eventually you will have done everything that can be done. You will achieve everything that can be achieved. Your life will be empty.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:42:46 PM by Lucifer »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »
Death is just the end of life. Without that, life would become meaningless. And yes, I know that life gives life meaning, but that meaning can only exist if life is on a timer. How can you give meaning to your life if it will never end? You will get bored, eventually.
I disagree that death gives life meaning. It is simply the end of life. Death gives life meaning like vacuum gives molecules meaning.

Honestly, I'm tired of that canard being said by atheists.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +264/-33
« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2012, 03:46:20 PM »
I disagree that death gives life meaning. It is simply the end of life. Death gives life meaning like vacuum gives molecules meaning.

I also disagree with that statement, which is why I didn't make it. I said that you can't give meaning to life without death, but also that only life (living beings) can give life (their own lives) meaning.
We choose our own gods.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #308 on: March 06, 2012, 03:47:28 PM »
I said that you can't give meaning to life without death,

I say bollocks to that.  Why not?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +264/-33
« Reply #309 on: March 06, 2012, 03:48:42 PM »
I say bollocks to that.  Why not?

Eventually you will have done everything that can be done. You will achieve everything that can be achieved. Your life will be empty.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2012, 03:52:12 PM »

I also disagree with that statement, which is why I didn't make it. I said that you can't give meaning to life without death, but also that only life (living beings) can give life (their own lives) meaning.

That makes no sense. If you can't give meaning to life without Death....that is the same thing as Death gives life meaning.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +264/-33
« Reply #311 on: March 06, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »
That makes no sense. If you can't give meaning to life without Death....that is the same thing as Death gives life meaning.

No, it is not. You can't have juice without water; does that mean that water is juice?
We choose our own gods.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #312 on: March 06, 2012, 03:55:59 PM »
No, it is not. You can't have juice without water; does that mean that water is juice?

how does that analogy make any sense?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #313 on: March 06, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »

juice is like, 90% water, depending what kind of juice we're talking about.

Is life 90% death?

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +264/-33
« Reply #314 on: March 06, 2012, 03:58:08 PM »
how does that analogy make any sense?

Hatter23 stated that because the absence of death makes life meaningless, then death gives life meaning. It does not. Death is an essential component for life forms to be able to give their own lives meaning, but it does not and cannot give meaning to life.
We choose our own gods.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2012, 04:02:55 PM »
you've just repeated yourself.  For you to say how it makes sense would require you to explain something.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +264/-33
« Reply #316 on: March 06, 2012, 04:04:44 PM »
juice is like, 90% water, depending what kind of juice we're talking about.

Is life 90% death?

>_>
Seriously?

you've just repeated yourself.  For you to say how it makes sense would require you to explain something.

I did explain it. In the very first post[1] I made regarding that issue. Then I quoted myself in response to your question. And now I will do it again.
Eventually you will have done everything that can be done. You will achieve everything that can be achieved. Your life will be empty.
 1. Although I had to edit it (in a futile attempt to avoid raising that question).
We choose our own gods.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #317 on: March 06, 2012, 04:24:01 PM »
Eventually you will have done everything that can be done. You will achieve everything that can be achieved.

Like Vandal Savage From the Legion of Doom

I guess if you were immortal you could eventually go insane with boredom.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #318 on: March 06, 2012, 04:31:51 PM »
Eventually you will have done everything that can be done. You will achieve everything that can be achieved.

Like Vandal Savage From the Legion of Doom

I guess if you were immortal you could eventually go insane with boredom.

Jay, I know you didn't just drop a V-Savage reference. You're gonna have me watching Justice League episodes instead of calling clients.