Author Topic: Why GOD does not heal amputees? Maybe because...  (Read 23811 times)

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
Re: Why GOD does not heal amputees? Maybe because...
« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »
SMM:
bigfoot nor anyone else ever produced a beauty like quran
The graphic descriptions of the torture of non-believers in Hell aren't beautiful e.g. forcing people to drink boiling pus:

78:21 Verily, hell is an ambush; a reward for the outrageous, to tarry therein for ages. They shall not taste therein cool nor drink, but only boiling water and pus; a fit reward!

18:29 We have prepared for disbelievers Fire. Its tent encloseth them. If they ask for showers, they will be showered with water like to molten lead which burneth the faces.

22:19-22 But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads, Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron.

And do you believe that a person's fate is written in the Preserved Tablet (al-Lawhu 'l-Mahfuz), SMM? Do you believe that when a person's soul is created, the angels mark it to go to Heaven or Hell after death?

And do you think that's fair of Allah, to create people in the knowledge that they are going to Hell, no matter what they do? As the Qur'an says:

2:4 And who believe in that which is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) and that which was revealed before thee, and are certain of the Hereafter. 
2:5 These depend on guidance from their Lord. These are the successful.

2:6 As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not. 
2:7 Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering.
Theirs will be an awful doom.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:56:44 PM by Gnu Ordure »

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »
i know that allah is there when i think about who created the universe....

Ok then.

Who were Allah's mommy and daddy?

After all, if the universe requires a creator, then who/what created the creator?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Online Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »
the quran broadens your mind.think outside the box

I've never found that someone telling me what to do made me think outside the box. If anything, it shoved the box around my head and made it too tight to even breathe.
EDIT: shia, how does your god feel about non-heterosexuals[1]? Something which occurs in nature (and, if nature isn't natural, I don't know what is) and has been proven to not be a choice?
 1. Asexuals, homosexuals and bisexuals.

Outside of the box, if you labeled the box "reality"
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2011, 01:39:55 PM »
the quran broadens your mind.think outside the box
35 years ago I was working in a situation where I'd eat breakfast at a pancake house every morning.  I had decided to read the Koran and had gotten a copy.  So I read some every morning at breakfast.

And, yeah, I had bacon with my eggs while reading it.

As I finished up one morning I rose saying to the waitress, "Nothing like a hellfire sermon from Mohammed to start the day."

"I prefer orange juice," she answered.

I found one interesting insight in it about charity.  I found a reference to Yug Sothoth, one of the Great Old Ones of H.P.Lovecraft's Chthulhu Mythos.  Other than that I found it kind of boring.  The Bible had better story tellers, better aphorisms, etc, generally speaking.  I must admit I did like that part about the angels using comets or meteors as weapons to make demon spies who are trying to eavesdrop back off.  I liked the part about Solomon's court where some of the counselors are enslaved devils and one of them transported the Queen of Sheba's throne thru an underground tunnel to surprise her when she got there.  So it wasn't all a loss.

Since 'tis the season to be jolly I'll mention that Santa Claus is in the Koran.  That is, there is a Christian myth that one of the miracles of St. Nicholas was that he could speak Greek the day he was born.  Mohammed, garbling stuff as he usually did, attributed that miracle to Jesus.

So does that fit the definition of broadening my thinking?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:10:18 PM by Historicity »

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #178 on: December 28, 2011, 01:49:15 PM »
how do i know you get hurt when i throw a 4000 kilo van on you ill see blood no pain.i know that allah is there when i think about who created the universe....bigfoot nor anyone else ever produced a beauty like quran

Huhhhhhh?????  What do you mean by Bigfoot?  What have you heard?

Bigfoot is an alleged American Indian belief about a sort of were-bear.  I was told by an Indian that its status was not a belief but a story to entertain and scare children.  The Indians were snickering at the white scientists who took it seriously and thought it might be an unknown ape of the North American woods.

But you seem to be referring to the author of some work.  So again, what do you mean?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:02:47 PM by Historicity »

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #179 on: December 28, 2011, 01:58:30 PM »
Outside of the box, if you labeled the box "reality"

So that's what the theists mean when they say "outside the box"!
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2011, 02:42:40 PM »
GOD does not heal amputees because...it is for their own good if they still follow god then they have passed the test and secured their place in the afterlife...then you ignorant would say Allah/god is unjust than why dont you pray to the almighty to give you this test surely he only tests those who he knows will pass...surely allah is all knowing and his book is the best and forever will be and those who want to see god...
  No, it's not sure at all.  In fact, it is absolutely not true, no matter the lies that believers like you might tell.   Your god is a asshole, to translate, no better than the anus of a goat,  too for not healing people when it would help them.  It's always the liar who promises something after one is dead.

it's also pretty moronic to only test those who will pass. What's the point?  A little sadism?  Or is your god not the omnipotent being you claim since it fails so badly and so constantly?
pinch yourself the pain will be there but you cant see it,the same way god is there but you cant see him...still ignorant! you are not ready to see him...at 12 noon look at the sun you can look at iy hardly for a minute...how do you expect to see creator when you can hardly look at the creation!!!
  Ooooh, and again, you are evidently too willfully ignorant to actually pay attention to posts that have shown your claims to be unsupportable.   Yep, Shia, dear, I can say that Vishnu did all you claim your god to have done and you can't show that I'm wrong or that you are right. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2011, 03:12:39 PM »
I am say since the council of Nicea, which assembled the Bible,...

actually, it didn't.  It is a common mistake. I used to think that too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Bible#Fifty_Bibles_of_Constantine
There is no evidence among the canons of the First Council of Nicaea of any determination on the canon,...
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2011, 12:24:03 AM »
then who created the universe...an atheist can never give a straight answer...

Here's My straight answer:  What's all this "Who" nonsense?  I don't think the universe was created by a sentient being.  I think that some kind of matter or energy was always there.  If energy didn't already exist in some form or another, even a god would be powerless to do anything.

atleast everyone should believe in one god then we can argue

Okay, but *I* get to pick the one god.  I pick... Me!   8)  I hereby command you to:

• Every March, observe the vernal equinox in the Northern Hemisphere;
  • Eat chocolate, unless you're allergic to it;
  • Use proper punctuation in your writing; and
  • Accept the fact that equipment will often malfunction for no apparent reason.

That's it.  That's all.  And I don't care how many times a day you worship Me, or if you worship Me at all.  I'm a goddess.  I don't need to be worshipped, and I'd much rather you spend your life doing something else, such as helping the men and women in your home community.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2011, 01:32:50 AM »
how do i know you get hurt when i throw a 4000 kilo van on you ill see blood no pain.i know that allah is there when i think about who created the universe....bigfoot nor anyone else ever produced a beauty like quran

Huhhhhhh?????  What do you mean by Bigfoot?  What have you heard?

Bigfoot is an alleged American Indian belief about a sort of were-bear.  I was told by an Indian that its status was not a belief but a story to entertain and scare children.  The Indians were snickering at the white scientists who took it seriously and thought it might be an unknown ape of the North American woods.

But you seem to be referring to the author of some work.  So again, what do you mean?
Bigfoot as we refer to him(yes he is REAL) is a wildman of the woods....I dare say I take him quite seriously (I am an Indian)
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2011, 09:14:44 AM »
very appropriate new Jesus and Mo comic:

http://www.jesusandmo.net/2011/12/28/lack2/

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2011, 10:20:25 PM »
While  the religious writings and thoughts are usually the arguments,  the deeds of the religions are also the story.  Many Christians adapt their beliefs to conform to modern society, as do many Muslims.  I find these folks to be reasonable to deal with.  But some beliefs become a danger.  Maybe I missed this earlier, but for starters Shia, what are your views about the education of women?   What are your views concerning homosexuality? And, do you feel like you need to punish infidels ?
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline shia muslim monotheist

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
in islam it is a MUST for every muslim male or female to be educated,as per the holy prophets saying.islam hates homosexuality because is NOT natural and for such a person,penalty is to be stoned to death(there must be witnesses).

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2011, 02:29:39 PM »
in islam it is a MUST for every muslim male or female to be educated,as per the holy prophets saying.islam hates homosexuality because is NOT natural and for such a person,penalty is to be stoned to death(there must be witnesses).

Non-heterosexuality has been proven to be as natural as heterosexuality. Animals have homosexual relationships all the time. Since they don't have free will, your god created them that way.

So, either your god created sinful creatures (and therefore sin itself), making it undeserving of worship, or the things you think you know about it are wrong (its existence, for example). Pick one.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #188 on: December 31, 2011, 02:35:59 PM »
2:256,there is no compulsion in religion

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #189 on: December 31, 2011, 02:39:29 PM »
2:256,there is no compulsion in religion

...Without any sort of context, this is just preaching. What is this supposed to answer?
We choose our own gods.

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #190 on: December 31, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »
no it is not normal.and animals do not do it either

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #191 on: December 31, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »
no it is not normal.

Yeah it is.

and animals do not do it either

Yeah they do. Use Google. You'll find tons of info on that.
We choose our own gods.

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #192 on: December 31, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
it answers something recently asked...just few posts ago

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2011, 02:50:41 PM »

If homosexuality is not natural then why do other species engage in homosexual behavior.

For example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

If sex is only meant for procreation[1] what about other sexual acts that aren't "natural" like oral sex or male-female anal sex? Should those people be stoned to death also? Or wearing condoms. Does islam hate that also?

Personally speaking stoning someone to death for what they do in the bedroom, even if it is against religious teaching, is a very very harsh, gross, demented and fucked up penalty.

EDIT: and even having the nerve to care what two people do in the bedroom is gross. It's really no one elses business what goes on sexually between two people. Whether it be one person renting a prostitute for the night, two people being swingers, two friends with no romantic attachment to each other deciding to have sex, etc. It's no one else's business, and there's nothing wrong with what they're doing.
 1. Not that you said that but if by natural it seems like sex is only for procreation
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:08:12 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2011, 03:07:57 PM »

I'm glad that you say it is a must for all people to be educated.  I wish all Muslims agreed.  How do you feel about stoning homosexuals?  Have you done it?  Seen it done?  Have you had family members stone homosexuals to death?  How many stones does it take to kill a person?  The death would come slow, I would imagine.  Slower than arrows.  I remember seeing videos of christians in central Africa burning suspected witches.  The folks being burned seemed to be so down trodden they just quietly excepted it.  I would think homosexual people would be they same - with the stoning.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:11:40 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2011, 03:34:40 PM »
On second thought, I suppose, Shia, you have no homosexuals in your part of the world, correct?  Stoning as a penalty will do that.  I remember their was a South African women track star a couple years ago that was so good, they checked, and realized, due to genetic problems, she had a penis, and was transgender - would you have stoned her - how would you have made a desicion about her lifestyle - or just stoned, to be on the safe side?

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2011, 07:34:02 PM »

You're wrong!  Read  Emily's link on homosexual behaviour in animals.  Many species of animals practice homosexual behaviour.

As the Qur'an obviously does not have the truth about animal behaviour or salt water, why should we think that it's right about anything else?
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2011, 07:41:51 PM »

You're wrong!  Read  Emily's link on homosexual behaviour in animals.  Many species of animals practice homosexual behaviour.

As the Qur'an obviously does not have the truth about animal behaviour or salt water, why should we think that it's right about anything else?
SSM says so thats why....same sex animal matings have been pointed out to him several times in this topic SSM just dodges or ignores
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2012, 04:42:31 AM »
SMM won't admit that salt water mixes with fresh water.  He's not going to admit that animals have teh ghey.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #199 on: January 01, 2012, 08:20:17 PM »
Is this so the women will know there place*everyone must be educated*

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2012, 11:05:08 AM »
in islam it is a MUST for every muslim male or female to be educated,as per the holy prophets saying.

What kind of education?  Does it include science and liberal arts?  Or is it just education on the koran?  I have read that many islamic schools only teach the koran, which is a problem.  There is more to understanding the world than what is contained in the koran.  So by not learning these other subjects, muslims are keeping themselves ignorant.

islam hates homosexuality because is NOT natural ...

Define "not natural".  I do not understand what that means.  As I see it, that is like saying eating apples is not natural.  Some people eat apples, others do not.

Mainly when we talk about things being natural we mean "natually occurring".  For example, apple trees are natural, but cruise missiles are not.  However, it is natural that people would want to have cruise missles as it ties in with our natural impulses to protect ourselves or agressively force other people to submit to our will.

So in what way is homosexuality not natural?

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Tykster

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
« Reply #201 on: January 04, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »

Is "Fuck Off" an appropriate phrase to use here?  Just asking in case I need it in the future...
rhocam ~ I guess there are several trillion cells in a man, and one in an amoeba, so to be generous, lets say that there were a billion. That is one every fifteen years. So in my lifetime I should have seen two evolutionary changes.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2012, 09:51:03 AM »
.....islam hates homosexuality because is NOT natural.....

That PC you're typing on.....pick it off a tree did you? 

Do you wear glasses?  Eat processed foods?  Drive a car?  Take any medicines?  None of them are "natural", either.....they just weren't around when the goat-herders with "issues" decided what was and wasn't right.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?