Author Topic: Why GOD does not heal amputees? Maybe because...  (Read 21009 times)

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
Re: Why GOD does not heal amputees? Maybe because...
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2011, 08:28:08 PM »
...the why God doesn't heal them is that they are being punished for their deeds in their past life. It could be that.

That would be a monumentally stupid idea for a punishment. Even assuming that past lives are a viable possibility, the person who actually committed the crimes are dead and gone, possibly for decades or centuries. They're not available to punish, instead you're punishing someone who's only crime is that they're somehow connected to initial perpetrator through no action of their own.

It would be like if I decided that I hated Omen and wanted to punish him for wronging me. So rather than kill him, I decide that I'm going to wait around for a hundred years or so. Then come back and kill his great-great-granddaughter as part of my masterful revenge. Even though he's already long gone and probably lived a relatively peaceful and happy life.

Oh yeah, that'll show him.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +187/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2011, 10:22:35 PM »
...the why God doesn't heal them is that they are being punished for their deeds in their past life. It could be that.

Viper... If this is the case, you have to wonder what the purpose behind the punishment is?  Punishment is supposed to be used to teach people a lesson, right?  Like when I send my kids to their rooms for fighting with each other, that is supposed to teach them that it's wrong to fight. 

Regarding reincarnation though... We have no clue what we did in our past lives.  What good is punishing me going to do if I have no idea what I did wrong in my past life?  How can my punishment teach me anything if I don't know what I am being punished for?  It would be like me punishing my children at a random date and time for an offense that took place two weeks ago, and without telling them what offense they are being punished for.  How could they learn anything from that?  Can you imagine how confusing it would be for my kids if we were peacefully eating dinner together one night and I suddenly stood up and screamed at them to go to their rooms... for no apparent reason? 

In a similar vein; if (as you say) losing a limb is punishment for a past life's transgressions, and someone loses a limb without knowing what they did wrong in the first place, what is to prevent them from repeating the same mistakes over and over again in future lives? 

Or are you suggesting this punishment is not intended to teach?  If it's not intended to teach, then what's the purpose behind it? 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline stocbri

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
God has a purpose, a calling, a duty for amputees.  God DOES NOT punish.  He is a kind and loving and merciful God full of grace.  We all have freedom of choice....to choose GOD, to ignore GOD or to follow the deceiver, the Devil, Satan.  Your choice what to believe.................................but I would error on the side of goodness when it comes to matters of life everlasting.

Offline Asmoday

• Reader
  • Darwins +14/-0
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »
God has a purpose, a calling, a duty for amputees.
And what would that "purpose" or "duty" be?

If you say anything like "to be an example for others" you better be prepared to answer your question how it can be that the supposedly almighty creator of the universe is unable to get his point across without having people suffer over having their limbs removed.

God DOES NOT punish.
You obviously have never read the bible.

He is a kind and loving and merciful God full of grace.
You obviously have never read the bible.

Kind, loving and merciful? Explain everlasting torture in hell then, especially in context of the aforementioned kindness, love and mercy.

We all have freedom of choice....to choose GOD, to ignore GOD or to follow the deceiver, the Devil, Satan.
First show us that God (and Satan for that matter) actually exist. Then we can talk.

Your choice what to believe
Belief is not a choice.

If you doubt me, I have a little experiment for you.
Please think about something you don't believe in. It does not matter what it is; faeries, gnomes, dragons, Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, whatever.
Now pick one thing you don't believe in and just for 5 minutes believe in it. What I ask of you is to demonstrate your claim by consciously choosing to believe something to be real even though you don't believe in it.

Tell us how that worked out for you.  &)

but I would error on the side of goodness when it comes to matters of life everlasting.
Please google "Pascal's wager" and you'll find out why your "better to be safe than sorry, so better believe in God" argument you try here does not work.
Absilio Mundus!

I can do no wrong. For I do not know what it is.

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • No one leaves the Nightosphere
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2011, 09:26:02 PM »
God has a purpose, a calling, a duty for amputees.  God DOES NOT punish.  He is a kind and loving and merciful God full of grace.  We all have freedom of choice....to choose GOD, to ignore GOD or to follow the deceiver, the Devil, Satan.  Your choice what to believe.................................but I would error on the side of goodness when it comes to matters of life everlasting.

You can't convert anyone here with such fallacies, you know. Either you came here to preach, or ask questions. Which will it be?

Edit: Side-note --> We don't believe in Satan, nor God, nor heaven or hell. We don't believe in any sort of fairytale.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:28:21 PM by LadyAmorosaLuckyDulce »

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +187/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2011, 09:39:35 PM »

Could you prove this?  What "calling" does a morbidly obese, uncontrolled diabetic have when they get their leg cut off because they couldn't stop shoveling donuts and cigarettes in their mouth?  What "calling" does that same person have when he DIES 3 months later after not having the other one cut off in time to stop the gangrene? 

God DOES NOT punish.

But... but... in your last line you basically threaten us with the whole "you better be good for the sake of your eternal life" thing.  You do mean hell, don't you?   That's not punishment? 

...that created a place like hell to burn people forever who don't believe in him....   Is that really your idea of grace?

Besides, the world around you is evidence enough that this is simply not true.  I can think of 2 words that should be evidence enough that God isn't what you say he is.  "Pediatric oncologists".  Any God that creates a world where children can get cancer should never, EVER be considered kind or loving.   

Luckily, the entire thing is fake and we don't have to hate God.   

We all have freedom of choice....to choose GOD, to ignore GOD or to follow the deceiver, the Devil, Satan. 

The only thing as foolish as the idea of God is the idea of Satan. 

Your choice what to believe.................................but I would error on the side of goodness when it comes to matters of life everlasting.

I am a better person without God than I would ever be with him. 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2011, 11:25:35 PM »
  We all have freedom of choice....to choose GOD, to ignore GOD or to follow the deceiver, the Devil, Satan.  Your choice what to believe.................................but I would error on the side of goodness when it comes to matters of life everlasting.

As I am always quick tp point out to the various theists that we get here, there is no freedom of choice in this system. First off, your worldview limits itself to only three possible options. It leaves out the possibility of choosing a different god, or of deciding that god simply does not exist as opposed to ignoring him, plus several other viable options that are left out.

Furthermore since we are punished for choosing or not choosing the options that god wants us to it eliminates any concept of freedom of choice. You cannot claim freedom when the message is "Do what you're told or I'll spank you." It is circumstantial choice at best.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2011, 12:15:13 AM »
We all have freedom of choice....to choose GOD, to ignore GOD or to follow the deceiver, the Devil, Satan.  Your choice what to believe.................................but I would error on the side of goodness when it comes to matters of life everlasting.

Do you have any understanding of what "freedom" means?  Your God intends to eternally torture anyone who doesn't choose to live the way he wants; this is not freedom of choice.  Let me try giving you a real world example.

You're familiar with freedom of speech, correct?  You can go out and announce "The holocaust never happened, niggers did 9/11, abortions should be mandatory, etc" and you have every right to do so.  Now let's say an amendment is made that states that if anyone says anything other than "FroFro is amazing", they will immediately be tortured to death on the spot.  You can still CHOOSE to say whatever you want, but if it's not the way I see fit, you will be tortured.  According to the common Christian's version of "Freedom of Choice," my amendment would still be freedom of speech. 

btw, Pascal's Wager. 

EDIT:  This is frofrodajimmyboy.  Didn't realize I was on my wife's account
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:23:10 AM by LadyAmorosaLuckyDulce »

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2011, 04:26:30 AM »
God has a purpose, a calling, a duty for amputees.  God DOES NOT punish.

What "purpose" is achieved by tormenting a child with metastatic osteosarcoma until death that is not EVIL.

Who does NOTHING for Unjust Suffering.

We all have freedom of choice....

Save for that child I mentioned . . . and thousands upon thousands of others.

You worship EVIL, son.

--J.D.

Offline Asmoday

• Reader
  • Darwins +14/-0
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2011, 09:14:58 AM »
I doubt we will ever hear from stocbri again.

He's just one of those drive-by Christian posters, choosing a random thread and then puking a load of pre-digested crap in there which in turn they have been fed by their preacher, priest, pastor or favorite TV-evangelist.

And then they and other Christians wonder why we don't gather around it in total awe and don't fall on our knees and gobble it all up.
Absilio Mundus!

I can do no wrong. For I do not know what it is.

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2011, 09:25:23 AM »
Probably because there are not enough nuts in it.

--J.D.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2011, 10:35:05 AM »

great, one more Christian who doesn't read their bible and has made up their own invisible friend. :P  I would also err on the side of good, pity your god doesn't do the same, with its idiotic punishing others for "sins" not their own.   
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »

So many assumptions in so few words. You:

1) Assumed god exists
2) Assumed that god is specifically the christian god of your particular denomination
3) Assumed god has a purpose
4) Assumed that his purpose includes the suffering of amputees
5) Assumed you are somehow qualified to know and explain the purposes of said god

God DOES NOT punish.  He is a kind and loving and merciful God full of grace. 

Aren't we forgetting one teensy weensy -> but ever so crucial <- bit of a tiny detail?

You believe he sends people to hell for eternal torture!!! Hello?

First you need to PROOVE god and satan exist. Otherwise I can just as well replace "god" and "satan" in your statement with "he-man" and "skeletor".

Your choice what to believe.................................but I would error on the side of goodness when it comes to matters of life everlasting.

Belief is not a choice ... and you've thrown out Pascal's Wager... the oldest lame-ass argument in the book which has been refuted countless times.

Here's a link to the argument thoroughly refuted:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Pascal%27s_wager#Counter-arguments

Thanks for the drive-by ... have a nice life.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2011, 11:57:36 AM »
God has a purpose, a calling, a duty for amputees.  God DOES NOT punish.  He is a kind and loving and merciful God full of grace. 

... and kittens and puppy dogs and balloons and cotton candy and snuggly blankets fresh out of the dryer.  Yeah, whatever.  Time to grow up.

How do you know these things about god?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2011, 06:06:25 PM »
God has a purpose, a calling, a duty for amputees.  God DOES NOT punish.  He is a kind and loving and merciful God full of grace. 

... and kittens and puppy dogs and balloons and cotton candy and snuggly blankets fresh out of the dryer.  Yeah, whatever.  Time to grow up.

How do you know these things about god?

He does his laundry and has daily chats with his mother over a nice cup of tea. A bit much, but that's my hunch.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2011, 06:49:22 PM »
If you commit a bad deed, or a crime you have to pay for it. The idea of punishment is not clear to me and i cannot define it, but a fair god will punish on the same plate as your crime.... Sometimes, it might be your chance to penance and if you hurt somebody seriously in this life, you might be in a life that has to serve the other in the next life...

What if you served time while you were alive for such crime(s) -- would a just deity still punish the person afterward?  Is it that really just?

I do not think so because i do not subscribe to BULLS(hit) Magazine, i subscribe to The Entrepreneur and The Economist..

It's "bullshit", it's okay to spell it out; if you're going to go that far, might as well go all the way.

I believe that if God does exist, then he will be an ever encompassing energy that is the universe and everything. Yes, that is if he does exist....

If you recently have returned to your deity, then, why even state "if"?  Seems as if you're still unsure, yourself.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
Not ONE single amputee deserves healing.  I guess if you are an amputee you must be a really bad person.  I plan to stay away from them.

Indeed, they should not even be allowed to vote.

--J.D.
I would ask you to PROVE that not ONE SINGLE amputee is worthy
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2011, 08:28:43 AM »

Before posting here again, take your brain out of nuetral. It seems to be running; but for all the noise, it doesn't seem to be driving anywhere.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2011, 08:45:16 AM »
God DOES NOT punish.  He is a kind and loving and merciful God full of grace. 

Umm ... no! Where are you getting your information on God?  :?

Lamentations 3:38-40 (King James Version)

38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

39 Wherefore doth a living man complain, a man for the punishment of his sins?

40 Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD.

Fail this time!  Want to try again?  :)
Git mit uns

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »
lets face the facts guys, God loves certain lizards,insects and worms more than he loves humanity. He lets them regrow severed limbs. Jesus paid the debt for all sins,God can't use that excuse as to why he won't heal amputee's
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Blaze

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • In my eyes you will see not God, but my pupil.
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2011, 10:21:29 AM »
hmm... we don't get many of those here. In fact, I don't remember a single one.

I'm a Hindu-turned atheist, if that counts :P

What I found, and still find, flawed in the OP's viewpoint (apart from the clear fact that more-than-one-life or the after-life or reincarnation are just ideas born out of wishful thinking and fear of death) is the reason for punishment. Punishment is to give a person back what he gave to someone else. Actually, this is not punishment but the law of Karma which Hinduism so strictly adheres to. Karma, in its logical, most simple sense is "tit for tat". You perform good deeds, you'll get fortune. You perform bad deeds and cruelty, you will be cruelly treated.

One important aspect of Karma is to make the person realize the deed he performed and repent for it, or in other words, feel the consequences of his actions which reflect upon himself. If a person goes into the next life, he/she does not know what he is punished for! That makes absolutely no sense. The sad fact that this argument is used to justify the deformed birth of many children is disgusting and ridiculous. If you want to punish someone, punish him when he knows he is receiving the punishment, and the reason for it.

Example one (makes a little sense):

A: I think I'm going to do something bad today and see what happens.
B: Like what?
A: I'll just throw this baseball at that kid L0L0L
A: -throws- -ball hits kid and he falls down-
A: HAHA
B: Why did you do that? -takes the ball and throws it back at A-
A: AAAHHH I'm so sorry I did that! That hurts!

Example two (the not-so-much-sense situation)

A: I think I'm going to do something bad today and see what happens.
B: Like what?
A: I'll just throw this baseball at that kid L0L0L
A: -throws- -ball hits kid and he falls down-
B: Why did you do that? Take this! -HITS ON A'S HEAD and damages his memory-
B: -now throws ball-
A: DUDE WTF YOU DOIN

Which makes more sense? (Um... in a relative way :P)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:27:52 AM by Blaze »
My signature is currently hybernating and will be updated shortly.

Your eyes are now hurting from reading that, good for you

Offline Blaze

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2011, 10:25:58 AM »
Edited to remove unnecessary quote blocks. Please do not quote more than is needed.

I guess this is why India is still majorly underdeveloped: Judging everyone too much.

Who's the one judging now?

This is equivalent to saying "This is why America is so stupid: the schools there teach creationism as the only true origin theory".

Just like not all schools teach that, similarly, not all Indians are overly religious, irrational or even theists. And this has nothing to do with development thank you.

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2011, 11:12:32 AM »
Edited to remove unnecessary quote blocks. Please do not quote more than is needed.

I guess this is why India is still majorly underdeveloped: Judging everyone too much.

Who's the one judging now?

This is equivalent to saying "This is why America is so stupid: the schools there teach creationism as the only true origin theory".

Just like not all schools teach that, similarly, not all Indians are overly religious, irrational or even theists. And this has nothing to do with development thank you.

Your Silicon Valley is one of the pinnacles of technology in India. Cities are getting better. But there is still huge problems in there. For example, the Ganges River. Many people still bathe in that VERY dirty water, thinking it's holy. It's too polluted. And there is still a ridiculous amount of poverty. People, amazingly, still believe in Hinduism. You know it's the third-largest religion. Not every Indian is going to believe in it, of course. I've had a very good Hindu friend in high school who accompanied me every day, and in her opinion, India is trashy. People can talk about how it is developing very fast, especially in technology and how intelligent foreign Indians are (which they are, which is why they move to a more developed country like the United States), but it still doesn't change that India is still behind, especially when it comes to the more simple matters of helping its own people. Hinduism's "wonderful" caste system attributes that, just so you know, so it is "slightly" a matter of religion. By the way, welcome. :) I haven't seen you around, but it's very nice to meet you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:15:08 AM by LadyAmorosaLuckyDulce »

Offline Blaze

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2011, 05:29:17 AM »
For example, the Ganges River. Many people still bathe in that VERY dirty water, thinking it's holy. It's too polluted.

It's a silly belief, just like all the silly beliefs in the world.

People, amazingly, still believe in Hinduism.

Yeah but why "amazingly"?

Hinduism's "wonderful" caste system attributes that, just so you know, so it is "slightly" a matter of religion. By the way, welcome. :) I haven't seen you around, but it's very nice to meet you.

Yes, India is poor, yes, India is not a fully developed nation, but as a Hindu-turned atheist who lives in India, I can tell you that this has nothing to do with people "judging others". The country is poor because it's poor, the reasons you can find in a few corrupt individuals, and some reasons date back to the ages of colonialization, and even earlier, to the ancient civilizations which fully advocated the caste system and other social evils. Trust me, though, this is changing extremely fast. Nobody believes in the caste system or untouchability and all that crap anymore, and these things were not even in original Hinduism (caste was actually based on a person's job, not his birth or heredity, and untouchability is nowhere in the Vedas or any religious Hindu text). In fact, that kind of stuff went absolete way back. True, there are some remote areas where this s**t still exists, but that is true for a large number of countries as well. I can tell you, however, that I have never seen anyone in my life who adheres to these extreme traditions anymore.

By the way, welcome. :) I haven't seen you around, but it's very nice to meet you.

Thank you! I'm always around, I just read a lot more than I post.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:34:51 AM by Blaze »

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2011, 09:30:26 AM »
I truly admit that India has come a VERY long way. It's admirable. It's great! India would make a fine developed nation once it solves its troubles, and it has as of late. Sure, I cannot see the progress because things DO look bad there. I always wish things were better. But it's on the way to a bright future, as I've already read in numerous articles regarding India.

And I say "amazingly" because Hinduism is in fact the oldest major religion in the world. Many thousands of years old. I thought that by now, it would have been out-dated. The religion has a whole pantheon of deities! Their stories are interesting, but that's all they obviously are, just like all other religions: Myths.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2011, 09:12:59 PM »

Stop saying "maybe", and perhaps give me a response to my reply to you from here: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,17574.msg389084.html#msg389084

Why should i stop saying maybe..?

BECAUSE dude. You can "maybe" away literally ANYTHING if you want to. Humans are very imaginitive and are MASTERS at rationalizing stuff.

If you play the MAYBE game with yourself, no matter *what* belief you're trying to test, you'll *always* end up correct about it, because there's almost literally no limit to what sort of justifications and rationalizations you can come up with.

If your criteria for belief is simply "maybe-ing" things out of your hat and then cramming them into the puzzle spaces until they make some kind of sense, you essentially have no reason to even take reality into account at all.

What you'll inevitably find though, is that you can only stack the "maybe" pile so high before you have to take a step back and look at it and go, "Wow. That's a whole lot of maybes and wishful thinking."

You need to ask yourself, and be honest, what is more likely? That allllllll those far-out and far-reaching "maybes" inside of "maybes" that are built on "maybes" with "maybes" dangling off the side of still more "maybes", and "what ifs" and "it could bes..." Is it more likely that all of these, which have not a shred of concrete evidence to support them, and half of which you've just invented as you went along... Is it likely that these are actually correct, and you just happened to FEEL your way to the ultimate Truths? Really?

Or is it more likely that the foundation on which you've built this tower of maybes is simply not real? It would immediately remove all the uncomfortable answers, all the illogical inconsistencies, all the mind-bogglingly complex and unlikely best-fit explanations... And guess what? It TOTALLY jives with what we actually can *prove* about the nature of the life and the universe.... It instantly makes life and the universe make a LOT more sense,  and makes all those uncomfortable questions really, really easy to answer -  "It's not true."

That's it. Poof! There you go. If you assume it's not true, you don't *have* to go forcing imagined puzzle pieces into the proper spaces. And amazingly enough? Everything we as humans have learned about the nature of the universe seems to indicate *exactly* the kind of universe we'd expect to see if there were no gods, starving babies and all.

Of course, most religious people would never be inclined to do such a thing. It's a real pain in the ass to go out and actively look for real, substantial answers to the hard questions, when you can simply "maybe" away any answers you might not like to suit your fancy and help you reach your pre-drawn conclusion.

Who wants to do all that research just to get answers you might not like? So what if they're the truth, right? They'll never give you the warm fuzzies like "maybes" do. Probably best to just stick your head in the sand at the end of the day.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:22:24 PM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2011, 10:24:41 PM »
^^^^ Raymond, it's a good thing this is not "Treat a Theist with Kid Gloves Week" or that would have been a big faux paux.

Good one. Once again, I'm glad you're on my side.
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline San

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »
I had a sister who is an amputee.  She seeks sympathy online to have people tell her how sorry they are for her.  The reality is she's an amputee because she's a heavy chain smoker and a drunk.  She was warned and yet even after amputation continues to drink on her blood thinners and smoke.  A real loser.

She has aborted her children, gave them up for adoption and smoked weed with them as teens.  She neglected them while screwing any man who would touch her.  She had three choices for fathers for one of her kids because in 24 hours of getting pregnant, thats how many partners she had.  so she's going by his looks to claim his father.

And yet, I never spoke the words you are reading above because I refused to judge her. Her life, her choice. 

But, I know Kate all too well.  She has put my child in the hands of a known rapist and child molester.  So in my view, when you are a general worthless sour soul, maybe just maybe the rest of us get a break and life tries to kill you off.  Or in her case, just maime her.  But at the rate she's going, maybe I will get my wish.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2011, 06:27:16 PM »
1) You've necromanced a dead thread (posted in a thread that is no longer active, and, thus, is populated by posts submitted by members who may no longer frequent the site). We discourage that around here. Please mind the forum rules.

2) WTF? I am sorry for your misfortune, or that of your sibling, but this thread is an innappropriate forum for your post. Maybe one of the Chatter boards would be more appropriate for your expressions.

Welcome.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.