Author Topic: Why GOD does not heal amputees? Maybe because...  (Read 21449 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Why GOD does not heal amputees? Maybe because...
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »
the water never mixes .. you need to do proper research on this  ive done mine....u guys really are not getting the point and my english is better than yours ... and i live in africa

You are a liar, Shia, and evidently too lazy and frightened to actually do an experiment for yourself.  You have done no research but only spew lies from your fellow Muslims.  You are not interested in any actual facts but to preserve your ignorant religious faith. 

The water mixes even with currents flowing, as my example using the Amazon River has indicated. You have a post that has no source and that is simply wrong.  Pay attention to your sources in your desperation.  You still appear ridiculous. 

Then you ramble on about how you need to "interpret" your book. Funny how your god can't get that clear either and Shia and Sunnis and all of the other sects of Islam love to kill each other over who knows what your useless god really meant. Again, your book is still wrong, no matter how hard you try to excuse it.  Water brought to the sea would also mix with no problem. 

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2011, 04:21:56 PM »
if the water were to be brought to the sea it woukld equal to NO MIX... the quran might be talking ABOUT THAT

OK, then...

Please get a glass of fresh water from your tap or wherever.  Add some food coloring to it until it becomes very red.  Take your glass of red fresh water to the ocean and pour it in.  According to what you're claiming, the red water should all stay together because "the water never mixes".  And yet, the red water will disperse over the course of a few minutes or so until you can't see it anymore.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline shia muslim monotheist

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2011, 04:23:24 PM »
YES BUT THE QURAN CAN TALK ABOUT THE SEA WHICH DOES NOT MIX

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2011, 04:26:13 PM »
I MENTIONED LUT TO SHOW THAT THE BIBLE IS NOW NOTHING BUT A SIMPLE HARRY POTTER BOOK
AND QURAN IS THE ONLY BOOK NEVER CHANGED NOR EVER FALSE

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2011, 04:26:28 PM »
Just a pet-peeve of mine: You do know that typing something out in ALL CAPS doesn't help get your point across any more than it would if you typed like normal people would type.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2011, 04:27:30 PM »

Lots of books can talk about the sea.  Come to think of it, the New Testament in the Bible talks about the sea, too.

Difference is, it doesn't claim that the sea doesn't mix...when the sea mixes.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2011, 04:28:02 PM »

unfortunately for you, the sea does mix.   You've already been told that and how to do an experiment to show yourself that this is true.  Are you too afraid to try it?

The qu'ran is simply wrong.  It is a primitive book written by ignorant men.  It has no "truths" in it at all.   You have been given a list of things where it is utterly wrong and you seem quite desperate to ignore that additional evidence. 

Oh, and writing in all caps makes your claims no more true.   It just shows a desperate man.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2011, 04:30:31 PM »
Maybe a different angle...

SMM, what is it that you believe keeps the sea from mixing?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2011, 04:31:35 PM »
the sea and a bucket are different the quran might be speaking about  the sea

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_the_fresh_water_not_mix_with_the_salt_water

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2011, 04:33:47 PM »
the water never mixes .. you need to do proper research on this  ive done mine

For Pete's sake...

Brackish water is water that has more salinity than fresh water, but not as much as seawater.  It may result from mixing of seawater with fresh water, as in estuaries, or it may occur in brackish fossil aquifers.
{bold mine}

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brackish_water

Living seven blocks from an estuary, I found this particularly amusing. Of course there are no estuaries in the Middle East to speak of. Once again, showing the document being extremely provincial in nature, showing the bias of geography, culture, food, and language that all mythologies have.

It shows nothing supernatural in nature.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2011, 04:43:32 PM »
SMM:
I MENTIONED LUT TO SHOW THAT THE BIBLE IS NOW NOTHING BUT A SIMPLE HARRY POTTER BOOK
This is a good example of you not explaining yourself well; your first mention of Lot was this (entire) post:
The older daughter, concerned about preserving the family line, suggested to her sister that, because no men were around, it was their duty to preserve the bloodline by lying with their father.[v.31,32]
The daughters then got their father so drunk they were able to have intercourse with him on two consecutive nights, the older daughter having her way with him the first night, followed by the younger on the following night.[v.31-35] The text describes that Lot was so drunk “he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.”[v.33,35]
There's no indication there that you're referring to the Bible story of Lot rather that the Qur'an story, nor why you mentioned it.

Also, if you are going to quote Wikipedia, you should state that you are doing so. If you don't, it's plagiarism, which is against the Forum rules.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 06:36:17 PM by Gnu Ordure »

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +256/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2011, 06:29:49 PM »
I MENTIONED LUT TO SHOW THAT THE BIBLE IS NOW NOTHING BUT A SIMPLE HARRY POTTER BOOK...

I've read enough of the Qur'an to know that it isn't written nearly as well as the Harry Potter books.

The Qur'an is riddled with falsehoods, and it is one of the most unspeakable tragedies of modern-day humanity that over a billion people think it is true.

The Qur'an claims that a god exists, but offers no empirical evidence.  I think "Allah" is a fictional being.

The Qur'an claims that its god is compassionate, benevolent and merciful, yet this alleged god also supposedly created a place of eternal punishment.  That is not benevolence or mercy or compassion -- It is sadism, torture and egregious abuse of power.  If you worship such a god, you are worshipping a monster.

And seawater mixes with fresh water at every place that fresh-water streams and rivers join with salt-water bays, seas and oceans.  No exceptions.

May the Qur'an cease to make sense to you, and may the doubts grow until you are able to walk away from Islam forever.

Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2011, 07:28:15 PM »
SMM quoted this site:
Nature of this sea, namely meet each other, but not mixed with each other at all, just found by expert sea. Because the style of physics called "surface tension", waters in the sea close together will not be mixed. Because of the differences caused by the thickness of water, the voltage prevent the surface ocean are both mixed with each other, as if have thin walls in between them.

Further down the same page there is the modern urban legend that Jacques Cousteau became a Moslem:
Mr. Costeau wonders hearing verses of the Qur'an that, beyond his wondering see the miracle of the never seen the sea. The Quran is impossible prepared by Muhammad who lived in the seventh century, a period when there is no suit the sophisticated equipment to reach remote locations that are far in the ocean depths. Truly a miracle, the news about the bizarre phenomenon of the century 14 terbukti finally back on the 20th century. Mr. Costeau said that the Qur'an is truly holy book that contains the word of God, that all abortion is absolutely correct. With it also immediately embrace Islam.

But here is the major point:
Paragraph that reads "Marajal bahraini yaltaqiyaan, bainahumaa barzakhun laa yabghiyaan ..." meaning "He let the two oceans meet, among them there is a limit that can not be penetrated."

Obviously the author didn't translate that;  his English looks as bad as my Spanish, to tell the truth.

That's not the quote about the salt and the fresh water.  That's from Koran 55:19-20.  The quote about the salt water is Koran, 25:53:
He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter.  And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition.

Please note word for sea in Arabic is bahrain.  The island we call Bahrain actually means Sea Island.  I can't find the site now but I was informed that the word Mohammed used for barrier was based on an Arabic root for stone.

Here is something weird.[1] Here in Florida before we had the railroad the US government had a postal service on the coast of barefoot mailmen.  They traveled up and down the coast walking where the sand was damp enough to make it firmer.  At once place near me there was no post office but a can nailed to a palm tree.  To buy stamps a person would put money in an envelope addressing it to the postman.  He would take mail from the can to deliver it and put the letters for the residents in it.  There was no town there.  The can was a cocoa can.  The address was "COCOA CAN, FLORIDA", later "COCOA, FLORIDA".  Now to the point.  At Biscayne Bay the postman there would row a boat out.  Sometimes he would take a drink of fresh water from pipe in the bay.  The pipe went down thru the rock and into a well of fresh water.

When I first read that I was sure it was wrong.  The water in rock under the sea must be sea water that seeped down. Later I found it is this way.  Sea water is alkaline.  Carbon dioxide in sea water combines with calcium to form calcium carbonate.  This deposits on the sea bottom and eventually becomes limestone.  With a lower sea level or uplifts of the land or continental collisions you have limestone on land.   

When the rain falls it falls thru air and air has some carbon dioxide in it.  Some of the carbon dioxide is dissolved in the rain.  It becomes carbonic acid.  Therefore all rain is slightly acidic.  When it falls on limestone it reverses the process and eats caverns like Mammoth Cave or Carlsbad Caverns.  In places like Florida the caverns are all under water -- fresh water.  The Florida aquifer is a Swiss cheese of passages.  When we had the major drought in 1996 people could go down into the aquifer.  It has chambers the size of a car.  Occasionally the water dissolves a supporting structure deep down in the aquifer and in a process of a day or so, a sinkhole swallows a house or part of a street.  In a local Indian language the word for sinkhole was alachua.  Alachua County means Sinkhole County.

This dissolution proceeds even in the rocks under the sea for several miles away from the shore.  This is true in a number of places in the world.  Sometimes there is a break and you can find fresh water pooling up in a harbor.  It is distinctively clear.  It is colder but lighter than the sea water and the two types of water remain distinct for a lot longer than common sense will tell you.

Sorry I can't find the source but I read one Moslem making the usual comment that this was unknown to modern science while mentioning one he saw in South America.  His head was so full of Islam[2] that he didn't think that since this is a phenomenon visible to the naked eye it was known long before modern science.

Bahrain Island is like that.  It is surprising that it is a desert but has fresh water wells.  waterwiki.net/index.php/Aquifer_types explains it:
The Al Hasa oasis around Al Hofuf near Dahran in Saudi Arabia is underlain by an enormous artesian aquifer and there are a multitude of natural cracks through which the groundwater pours out. The spring water is hot as it comes from a great depth. The aquifer carries fresh water even into the sea and to the island of Bahrain.
The fresh water comes from the mainland and goes under the sea to Bahrain.

Mohammed may have been speaking of that.

As for the waters of two seas remaining distinct, a flow of water can remain distinct for some time as one body flows into another.  A world map of salinity shows that sea water is not uniformly salty. 

Of course, it mixes over time.   Moslems assert otherwise but the Liars for Mohammed are even weirder than the Liars for Jesus.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a Christian who thinks God literally has a storehouse of snow in Heaven which He then sprinkles on the Earth.  That's in the Book of Job.

1. One of my digressions to fill in background. Sip coffee before starting.
 2. You know what i mean.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2011, 10:01:16 AM »
the sea and a bucket are different the quran might be speaking about  the sea

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_the_fresh_water_not_mix_with_the_salt_water

and we have a theist reduced to making excuses for a supposedly omnipotent/omniscient god that can't get its message across without having to depend on puny humans to translate for it.  Of course, these puny humans can't agree on what this god really means so they kill each other.  Congratulations, Shia, your religion is just as nuts as any other.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2011, 10:04:02 AM »
Of course, it mixes over time.   Moslems assert otherwise but the Liars for Mohammed are even weirder than the Liars for Jesus.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a Christian who thinks God literally has a storehouse of snow in Heaven which He then sprinkles on the Earth.  That's in the Book of Job.

I think that's only because they have no idea what the book of Job says.  That, and theists are very good at ignoring what their magic books say when they are obviously wrong.

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »
 GOD does not heal amputees because...it is for their own good if they still follow god then they have passed the test and secured their place in the afterlife...then you ignorant would say Allah/god is unjust than why dont you pray to the almighty to give you this test surely he only tests those who he knows will pass...surely allah is all knowing and his book is the best and forever will be and those who want to see god... pinch yourself the pain will be there but you cant see it,the same way god is there but you cant see him...still ignorant! you are not ready to see him...at 12 noon look at the sun you can look at iy hardly for a minute...how do you expect to see creator when you can hardly look at the creation!!!

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2011, 11:05:37 AM »
<snip>

I've never read the Qur'an, but:
That argument is against YHWH specifically. The Bible makes promises that he doesn't keep. So, either he's a lying asshole, or he doesn't exist. In fact, the universe works exactly as it should if there were no supernatural.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2011, 11:09:32 AM »
GOD does not heal amputees because...it is for their own good if they still follow god then they have passed the test and secured their place in the afterlife...then you ignorant would say Allah/god is unjust than why dont you pray to the almighty to give you this test surely he only tests those who he knows will pass...surely allah is all knowing and his book is the best and forever will be and those who want to see god... pinch yourself the pain will be there but you cant see it,the same way god is there but you cant see him...still ignorant! you are not ready to see him...at 12 noon look at the sun you can look at iy hardly for a minute...how do you expect to see creator when you can hardly look at the creation!!!

How do you know he is there?

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #163 on: December 28, 2011, 11:10:34 AM »
the quran broadens your mind.think outside the box

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-34
« Reply #164 on: December 28, 2011, 11:12:18 AM »

I've never found that someone telling me what to do made me think outside the box. If anything, it shoved the box around my head and made it too tight to even breathe.
EDIT: shia, how does your god feel about non-heterosexuals[1]? Something which occurs in nature (and, if nature isn't natural, I don't know what is) and has been proven to not be a choice?
 1. Asexuals, homosexuals and bisexuals.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:15 AM »
then who created the universe...an atheist can never give a straight answer...atleast everyone should believe in one god then we can argue

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-34
« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »
then who created the universe...an atheist can never give a straight answer...atleast everyone should believe in one god then we can argue

Assumes that something created the universe. Try again.
We choose our own gods.

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2011, 11:17:14 AM »

OK. Based on my knowledge of the koran I am doing what you told me it does: thinking outside the box. I think the god written inside the koran is just as mythical and YHWH, the Lock Ness Monster, Bigfoot, and the monster under my bed, the evil monkey in my closet, and the lucky rabbits foot I have on my key ring. Allah is just the same as all of those. Thanks for clearing that up for me. It strengthened my views.

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »

Atheists (as I like to call them here, scientists, because religious faith has nothing to do with scientific findings) have a very good and sound answer. It's called the Big Bang, and contrary to what you want to believe, that Allah is behind the big bang like you tried to say here, he isn't. And I can't even begin to see how this verse shows that your god was behind the big bang. It doesn't even come close to saying what the big bang says.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2011, 11:25:02 AM »

Again, how do you KNOW your god exists?  Show us...we are far more open-minded than any theist.

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »
how do i know you get hurt when i throw a 4000 kilo van on you ill see blood no pain.i know that allah is there when i think about who created the universe....bigfoot nor anyone else ever produced a beauty like quran

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2011, 11:50:24 AM »
how do i know you get hurt when i throw a 4000 kilo van on you ill see blood no pain.

Well, if you throw a van on someone they will probably die. You can see blood, but not see that person in pain because the van finished them off. And, really, I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Has Allah thrown a van on someone? :-\

i know that allah is there when i think about who created the universe....

OK, typical response from any theist. You need to start thinking outside the box. Again: Nowhere does the koran even come close to explaining the big bag scientifically. All religious text can be used by their followers to show how the big bang happened, but scientifically speaking, that religious text doesn't even come close to what scientists have to say regarding the big bang.

The first chapters in Genesis portray an identical image as to how the universe began as the koran does.

It claims:
  • God
  • Heaven and the Earth

This:

“The heaven and the earth were
joint together. And We clove them…(Surah
Anbiya,21:30).

doesn't even imply what the big bang says. Not even close. Not by a long shot. 

It doesn't talk about a singularity. It doesn't talk about particle annihilation. It doesn't talk about the four fundamental forces. It doesn't talk about matter and anti-matter. None of that, but all of which is included in the theory known as the big bang cosmology, and it doesn't even begin to explain cosmology. It makes no mention of general relativity, red shift, etc. There is no where in the koran, bible or any other holy book the explains the big bang.

Swing and a miss.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2011, 12:00:13 PM »
how do i know you get hurt when i throw a 4000 kilo van on you ill see blood no pain.i know that allah is there when i think about who created the universe....bigfoot nor anyone else ever produced a beauty like quran

Surely you can do better than this?  If you truly have Allah on your side, it would be no problem at all to show us he is real?  We are waiting, and will convert to Islam if Allah is an actual god, and can show us his clear message of peace?

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2011, 12:05:39 PM »

If I pray to Allah to test me and instead of being merely crippled or maimed I die, what then? Since I failed the test do I burn in Hell as a result of asking Him for strength?

As a child I was told not to look directly at the sun, that it would damage my eyes. I was the sort of person who had to discover many things on my own for myself. So I stared at the sun. It made my eyes water but I can tell you that I stared the sun down and still have 20/20 vision 27 years later.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.