Author Topic: Who is DaveDave?  (Read 2399 times)

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
Who is DaveDave?
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:33:28 PM »
Just saw that abortion in the bottomless pit... Who the hell is that guy? I've been on here for over a year and never heard of him before... Then he pops up with 2,000+ posts, blathering like he's the fuckin' Che Guevera of atheism or something, calling everybody retarded fucktards and telling them to fuck themselves...

What did I miss?  :?

Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: Who is DaveDave?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 10:46:17 PM »
Fuck.  You are the funniest fucking atheist...in this thread.   ;D

But yeah, formerly banned member, back for a second run!

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 10:49:54 PM »
That you are not a True Atheist [Tm.--Ed.]

I will pray for you. . . .

--J.D.

P.S. However, get use to the smell of the Bottomless Pit since I think this thread and all of us are about to find ourselves there.  Probably best not to call-out individuals in public threads--except, of course, if it is "Why am I so Attracted to Doctor X and His Maelstrom of Masculine Majesty?"--then it should be a "sticky"--unless the thread is by Jim . . . which means it is wrong.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 10:58:37 PM »
...formerly banned member, back for a second run!

Oh! Okay.

Umm...

Maybe this is a silly question, but why? I mean, it's pretty obvious he's got nothing but contempt for half the people on here... Or Tourettes?

Either way, doesn't seem like a very agreeable fellow from first impression. Isn't there, like, a "Let's Firebomb a Church" facey-space page or something he could get down with? You know, where other "civil" people might be overjoyed to have such a charming self-proclaimed leader of men calling them fucktard? 

I is confused. Not a rare occurance, I admit... But still confused.  :-\

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:01:39 PM »

I is confused. Not a rare occurance, I admit... But still confused.  :-\

Hey, maybe he'll stop by and fill you in!

Offline Jim

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-1
  • Born Again Atheist
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:08:53 PM »
@ Doc X, you barely hide your curiosity!  Control yourself.

@ Ray, DaveDave responds to everyone's questions with patience and grace, I'm sure he'd be glad to fill you in on the details if you were to ask.  He's an olde tymer on the forum, from way, way back when it had a different name, WDGHA.
Survey results coming soon!

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 11:13:41 PM »
Well, I'm not overly interested in his rhetoric... I'm interested in why people would put up with the Napolean Complex.

I get that a lot of old schoolers seem to think he's really "intelligent", but who cares? It's not like there's a deficiency of wisdom or insight here. Does he really have enough positive s**t to bring to the table, that it will outweigh the tectonic plate on his shoulder?

This isn't a recruiting center for millitant atheists, last I checked... It's a forum for discussion. Civil discussion, ideally. Kind of why I joined in the first place.

I guess I'm a little concerned. I'm not inclined to hang around much if I have to listen to King NoGod telling me to KISS THE RINGS all the time.

I don't care if he's the most brilliant mofo since Elmer Fudd, dude comes across as an unbelievably beligerant dick... Like a freaking cartoon character of all the worst atheist stereotypes rolled into one.

I have zero patience for that s**t. It doesn't do anybody any favors, and I don't see myself behaving very well when he inevitably hops on the megaphone and starts screaming "PUSSY!" at me. 

I see myself getting banned with a quickness, actually. And I don't want to see that happen.  :(

edit: I suppose I could just not interact with him, obviously, but A.)That's a punk move, just staying quiet to keep the waters still, and B.)It pisses me off just as much to see him treat OTHER people like s**t when it's completely uncalled for.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:21:20 PM by RaymondKHessel »

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 11:23:38 PM »
@ Doc X, you barely hide your curiosity!  Control yourself.

And I love you too, Honey-Bunny!

--J. "We're Going to be Three Little Fonzies!" D.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +119/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 11:25:44 PM »
Davedave is was banned formerly.  He actually has 9,148 posts, and has been a member of the forum since the first week of it's creation several years ago.

Some members made a case that Davedave represented a rare quality of atheist poster and added a certain 'vibrancy' to the community and that he should be allowed to return.  Reaction was mixed, but there were some pretty convincing examples given so we lifted the ban and he was informed.  Generally we do not lift bans, so we shall see how well this works out.

As for personal details, you'll have to ask him yourself.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 11:26:33 PM »
Ray - No worries.  The forum can put a muzzle on civil disobedience, keeping things neat and tidy for those who behave!

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 11:34:09 PM »
Davedave is was banned formerly.  He actually has 9,148 posts, and has been a member of the forum since the first week of it's creation several years ago.

Some members made a case that Davedave represented a rare quality of atheist poster and added a certain 'vibrancy' to the community and that he should be allowed to return.  Reaction was mixed, but there were some pretty convincing examples given so we lifted the ban and he was informed.  Generally we do not lift bans, so we shall see how well this works out.

Blech. Like I said, I have 0 interest in personal details. Looking back over his past posts tells me about all I need to know about him personally, to be honest.

I've just never seen any posts from him, and then suddenly there's this retarded monster in the bottomless pit with some ghost of heathen's past blasting people I have a lot of respect for. And that s**t he said to the paperback chick was bitchslap worthy where I come from.

If it's a community thing, where members wanted him back... Well, kudos. The people have spoken, I guess. And apparently some people have a much stronger stomach than I do.

Though I thought the community was already plenty vibrant, myself.

<shrug>

Well, thanks for enlightening me folks. I'm sure this will just be OODLES of fun.  &)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:37:23 PM by RaymondKHessel »

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +119/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 11:43:51 PM »

Blech. Like I said, I have 0 interest in personal details. Looking back over his past posts tells me about all I need to know about him personally, to be honest.

I've just never seen any posts from him, and then suddenly there's this retarded monster in the bottomless pit with some ghost of heathen's past blasting people I have a lot of respect for. And that s**t he said to the paperback chick was bitchslap worthy where I come from.

This is the image that sprang to mind the instant I read your post.

If it's a community thing, where members wanted him back... Well, kudos. The people have spoken, I guess. And apparently some people have a much stronger stomach than I do.

We'll see.  Like I said, reaction was mixed. 
If the Rancor thing is the new norm then I wouldn't expect it'll last all that long.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 11:49:26 PM »
Ahhh. Righty-o.

See, I guess I'm just bad at first impressions.

'Cos I was thinking more of a...

-type scenario.

<shrug>
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:53:51 PM by RaymondKHessel »

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 11:52:34 PM »

To both.

--J.D.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +119/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 11:55:46 PM »

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 12:08:20 AM »
^^^^ I think I woke up next to her once, back in my 151-and-Orangejuice days.  :-\

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 12:23:38 AM »

Hahahahaha! You know, I've been waiting with bated breath to see what your reaction was going to be... This is fucking gold, Ray. It was worth it just to see this thread. God bless you.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +41/-8
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 12:34:42 AM »
You read my mind too Ray!  I was thinking to myself, who the fuck does this guy think he is anyway!?  This DickDick  is definately the drama queen of atheism.  I went back and read the bottomless Pit post and he's picking fly shit out of a pile of pepper.  He needs Jesus or something because it's like debating a christian, but with more arrogance and delusional judgement.

Edited:  I see that he has +20 respect points and he's only been back here a short time.  That's already more than I have so he must be doing something right that I haven't read yet.  I now have an inferiority complex....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:01:32 AM by DVZ3 »
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline Jim

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-1
  • Born Again Atheist
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 01:16:10 AM »
God bless you.

:o

I'm sure you meant it in a atheistsic sort of way.
Survey results coming soon!

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +119/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 01:19:05 AM »
Like I said, there was a reasonably compelling argument for him.  I've known him for a long time, on the forums so I'd hate to have him gone over something petty.  I do enjoy a vigorous argument, like many (probably most) here, but when they devolve into juvenile name calling it is disappointing to see.

All joking and photo bucket posts aside, it pays to remember the simple motto that the forum is not about the forum.  Like all communities there should be give and take between the members.  As long as this community remains vibrant and intellectually honest it will continue to do well.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +76/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 01:27:47 AM »
I, for one, find his argument very compelling. I think the only way we make deep inroads, at least in the USo'A, is to be militant, and sacrificial. There will be pain.

That being said, he acts like a douche. His vitriol, especially amongst rational thinkers, will not get him very far.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 01:58:13 AM »
I find some of DaveDave's ideas quite provocative in a positive sense - although he can be unnecessarily abrasive and I don't agree with everything, when I look past all that he certainly gets my attention and challenges the tired old pathways in my brain.   

Whether I accept or reject his ideas I think I'm better off for having considered them  :)
Git mit uns

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 03:26:57 AM »
All joking and photo bucket posts aside, it pays to remember the simple motto that the forum is not about the forum.  Like all communities there should be give and take between the members.  As long as this community remains vibrant and intellectually honest it will continue to do well.

I thought the first rule of the forum was . . . you DON'T TALK about the forum.

--J.D.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 04:32:41 AM »
Welly welly well, I hope the optimistic among you are correct, dear droogals, for everybody's sake. You never know. Perhaps I'll be overwhelmingly dazzled by unparalleled brillance and the cult of personality, and suddenly find myself inspired to follow the marshmellow man into glorious battle against the Jesusly hoards.

He was a... umm... sloshball captain, afterall... Apparently... And well, if that don't qualify a man to start up a militia properly worthy of an FBI watchlist, I don't know what does.

Aside from being really *REALLY* good at "Stratego", of course.

Or maybe being the floor manager at an Applebee's.

Sigh... I suppose I should suspend further judgement. I mean, if he's going to be the Father of the Revolution and all, and lead us into the bright and shining dawn of a religion-free tomorrow-morrow land... Jinkies, it sure would be embarassing to have doubted him so! 

Thanks for the input, my fucking fucktarded friends! Much love and have a fine evening/morning/whatever.  :-*

Happy Friday! I shall say no mo'!  :-X

I thought the first rule of the forum was . . . you DON'T TALK about the forum.

--J.D.

Except to say that this made me smile, Doc. ;D

Ahem. *NOW* I say no mo'.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:52:39 AM by RaymondKHessel »

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 04:41:26 AM »
Welly welly well, I hope the optimistic among you are correct, dear droogs, for everybody's sake. You never know. Perhaps I'll be overwhelmingly dazzled by unparalleled brillance and the cult of personality, and suddenly find myself inspired to follow the marshmellow man into glorious battle against the Jesusly hoards.

Using the Gulliver too much perhaps?! Givin' Orders and Discipline?

--J.D.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 05:03:09 AM »
I said I wasn't gonna say no mo', Doc.  :-\

Mmmf...

Agghk....

MMMMPPPF....

ah... Ah... AHHH....

WOWWWWWWWEEEEEE! THAT YOUNG LADY SURE HAS SOME SWELL JUNK!!!! 

God damn it. I'm turning the computer off now. I mean it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:06:53 AM by RaymondKHessel »

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 05:11:19 AM »

--J.D.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 08:43:45 AM »
God bless you.

:o

I'm sure you meant it in a atheistsic sort of way.

Yeah, it's a joke.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Online Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »
I'll be honest, I don't like the impression he gives. His ideas and views are more than welcome and controversy is brilliant for debate and he seems intelligent enough to offer something and in that sense I can understand why some people find him charming, but he strikes me as arrogant and petty, which he doesn't need to be and I don't understand why he has a stick up his arse (because he was banned? *shrugs*). Unless he refuses to stick to forum rules then I have no issue him being here, but of course, if he continues being a douchebag, then don't expect me to get along with him. He was told there would be no restriction on what he could say, that suggests he's being given special treatment. I find it hard to tolerate the arrogant theists we get on here, so there's a chance I won't tolerate his behaviour either. Though of course, my impression could be wrong, I don't know the guy, so it's difficult to say anything based on impression. Maybe he'll show why he's more valuable than every other member on this forum in time, I mean, if the mods have given in to his demands, there must be something special, right? *shrugs*
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:39:00 AM by Seppuku »
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.