Author Topic: Who is DaveDave?  (Read 2259 times)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: Who is DaveDave?
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 11:39:56 AM »
I'll be honest, I don't like the impression he gives. His ideas and views are more than welcome and controversy is brilliant for debate and he seems intelligent enough to offer something and in that sense I can understand why some people find him charming, but he strikes me as arrogant and petty, which he doesn't need to be and I don't understand why he has a stick up his arse (because he was banned? *shrugs*). Unless he refuses to stick to forum rules then I have no issue him being here, but of course, if he continues being a douchebag, then don't expect me to get along with him. He was told there would be no restriction on what he could say, that suggests he's being given special treatment. I find it hard to tolerate the arrogant theists we get on here, so there's a chance I won't tolerate his behaviour either. Though of course, my impression could be wrong, I don't know the guy, so it's difficult to say anything based on impression. Maybe he'll show why he's more valuable than every other member on this forum in time, I mean, if the mods have given in to his demands, there must be something special, right? *shrugs*

This is false (bold).

Offline Paperbackslave

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Earth is awesome - enjoy it while you can
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
And that s**t he said to the paperback chick was bitchslap worthy where I come from.

Bahhh haaaa haah aha - ahh, ok that brought a great mental image, and I feel better today.  Thanks Raymond
Atheists are spectators in a grand battle of stupid ideas.  Sadly, these ideas get people killed in the name of a loving god on both sides of the delusion.

Offline Jim

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-1
  • Born Again Atheist
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 12:45:18 PM »
I'd hate to have him gone over something petty.

Guess I'd like to know what's "petty".
Survey results coming soon!

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +115/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »
I'd hate to have him gone over something petty.

Guess I'd like to know what's "petty".

Arresting John Gotti for failing to use correct postage rather than for being a gangster that ruins lives.  The forum equivalent would be banning Dennis Markuze because he uses too many run on sentences and improper quote formatting.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 01:54:49 PM »
Edited:  I see that he has +20 respect points and he's only been back here a short time.  That's already more than I have so he must be doing something right that I haven't read yet.  I now have an inferiority complex....

Don't feel too badly.  This respect system doesn't count minuses.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +41/-8
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
Thanks, I realize that.  Is that you in your avatar pic?  If so I like your hat.  Are you a real cowboy or just pretending to be?  I have a real problem with people who pretend to be....  ;)
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 02:00:53 PM »
No, I'm no goatroper.  I'm also no cowboy; that's Don Imus.  I suppose it's time to nix the pic.  The joke wasn't that funny or timely to begin with and now it's just old.

I'm a surfer.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013, 06:29:26 AM »
Every time I see a story like this, and there are many, I think of DaveDave:

Teacher Arrested After Allegedly Having Student's Baby

A Redlands, Calif., high school teacher who allegedly gave birth to a baby fathered by a teen student has been arrested for having a sex with the male pupil.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +186/-8
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 07:10:14 AM »
Was it a sex ed class?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 09:32:53 AM »
what a strange resurrection   ...either way I was curious 

...either Ray was back from the dead, and that'd be a good thing  zombie Ray who'd have whole meaty gobbets to hurl along with that wit 
And I still miss that bloke when I re-read this stuff

or someone expressing interest in Davedave who's been dead to me even longer, ......but without the regret.

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 10:12:43 AM »
I don't know, I always liked DaveDave but being an asshole[1] myself, I might be biased.

-Nam
 1. but not of his magnificent caliber
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 10:15:53 AM »
Well, I'm not overly interested in his rhetoric... I'm interested in why people would put up with the Napolean Complex.

I get that a lot of old schoolers seem to think he's really "intelligent", but who cares? It's not like there's a deficiency of wisdom or insight here. Does he really have enough positive s**t to bring to the table, that it will outweigh the tectonic plate on his shoulder?

This isn't a recruiting center for millitant atheists, last I checked... It's a forum for discussion. Civil discussion, ideally. Kind of why I joined in the first place.

I guess I'm a little concerned. I'm not inclined to hang around much if I have to listen to King NoGod telling me to KISS THE RINGS all the time.

I don't care if he's the most brilliant mofo since Elmer Fudd, dude comes across as an unbelievably beligerant dick... Like a freaking cartoon character of all the worst atheist stereotypes rolled into one.

I have zero patience for that s**t. It doesn't do anybody any favors, and I don't see myself behaving very well when he inevitably hops on the megaphone and starts screaming "PUSSY!" at me. 

I see myself getting banned with a quickness, actually. And I don't want to see that happen.  :(

edit: I suppose I could just not interact with him, obviously, but A.)That's a punk move, just staying quiet to keep the waters still, and B.)It pisses me off just as much to see him treat OTHER people like s**t when it's completely uncalled for.

I guess you and I can't be friends.

:(

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 10:18:47 AM »
but being an asshole[1] myself
-Nam
 1. but not of his magnificent caliber

Don't sell yourself short.  ;)
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2013, 10:21:45 AM »
No, no. I'm nothing compared to DaveDave. I just care about people too much[1].

;)

-Nam
 1. I'm sorry, I laughed so hard I peed a little

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2013, 01:41:43 PM »
Holy crap! You guys really scared me until I saw this was from 2011.  :o
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2013, 05:20:55 PM »
Holy crap! You guys really scared me until I saw this was from 2011.  :o

This isn't 2011?

;)

-Nam