Author Topic: Photo Thread  (Read 9691 times)

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON!
    • Freeclassicflix
Re: Photo Thread
« Reply #203 on: June 09, 2011, 03:42:30 PM »
OK....just because GAWDTM told me to do it I changed my mind and decided to throw my entire family out for the whole world to see and because they already have seen it..
Left to right, top row... My old Pa, now 84..My snot nosed son, and nemesis when he wrecked my truck.. My snot nosed self before I got old and ugly...I was still ugly then..Geez..I look like 7 feet tall there..the rest are just short.
Middle row.. My schizophrenic step daughter before head shaved, My lovely little girl with the red shirt pretending to be in the middle of it all and the little grumpy looking short woman is my ex, who by the way wouldn't smile for a camera if you poked her in the eye with a sharp stick. She's standing up there believe it or not..
Bottom row,,  My "other" step daughter who actually sometimes makes sense then her son who had his head literally chopped off..it was a real bloody mess, but we had to do it for the picture..and finally my first grand daughter blowing a bubble.. That kid was the one who when I was only 32 called me *gasp* Grandpa!

There.. You have it now. Happy? I bared my soul to the whole world and I now feel so violated.. &)
Maybe the reason I have pinched nerves in my back was from bending over for 22+ years to kiss my ex.  :P
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:49:01 PM by mram »
Imagine gaining favor with "Darwin's"...kind of like praying, huh?

http://freeclassicflix.co.cc

Offline Persephone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
  • Jamie want big boom.
« Reply #204 on: June 09, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »
Yay! Mram showed himself. Your ex was really standing?! Jeez.

You have a lovely family, mram. Handsome son, beautiful daughter. They couldn't have turned out like that if you were as ugly as you say. ;)
Sheldon: Ever since you started having regular intercourse your mind has lost its edge. You should reflect on that.
Leonard: Well, Einstein had a busy sex life.
Sheldon: Yes, but he never unified gravity with the other forces. If he hadn't been such a hounddog we'd all have time machines.

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #205 on: June 09, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »
Thank you, but weird genetic freaks lurk in all of us :o... I wish I could express how much I miss them all.. I feel like I was exiled in Siberia here in Tx.

Offline RNS

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
  • Diplomat
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »
i can't see the photo :(      (a fair few others too)- says domain not registered. to view, register at bit.ly/imageshack... i tried this but it still doesn't work

i was fairly curious to see how you looked- you remind me of one my friends in the way you speak and the kind of things you say.

ps. hope you get to see your family soon
love and truth and love of truth

Offline Persephone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
  • Jamie want big boom.
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2011, 06:42:58 AM »
i can't see the photo :(      (a fair few others too)- says domain not registered. to view, register at bit.ly/imageshack... i tried this but it still doesn't work
Try using a different browser. Chrome and Firefox are free to download.
Sheldon: Ever since you started having regular intercourse your mind has lost its edge. You should reflect on that.
Sheldon: Yes, but he never unified gravity with the other forces. If he hadn't been such a hounddog we'd all have time machines.

Offline RNS

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
  • Diplomat
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2011, 12:34:16 PM »
Try using a different browser. Chrome and Firefox are free to download.

i use chrome. for some reason when i came to look at the new reply the picture loaded up this time (woo-hoo). maybe i needed a little time for the registration to kick in.

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2011, 12:41:48 PM »
Ain't my kids good lookin?  Note the tree was located on a steep hill so the apples fell way down by the creek.  :o

Offline RNS

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
  • Diplomat
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2011, 01:07:54 PM »
Ain't my kids good lookin?  Note the tree was located on a steep hill so the apples fell way down by the creek.  :o

yep, sure are. is your daughter in the middle the one who said the "you have f**kers on you're face like me"?
also i was just curious, your granddaughter is the child of which of your children?

Offline Persephone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
  • Jamie want big boom.
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2011, 11:02:26 AM »
Since this is a photo thread, here's me as of recently [a few days ago].

Me and the beach, right by my grandmother-in-law. The pregnancy made me bloat. But, I have been exercising every day, whilst taking care of my diet. So hopefully, I'll return to my regular body shape in a month. I would prefer that, but a month and half or two months is OK, I guess. Every woman's body reacts differently on getting rid of the extra water and blood mass that accumulates from the pregnancy.
How far along are you, LadyA?

You should bounce back quickly, especially since you're in your 20s. If it takes longer than you wish for, though, don't be surprised. Think of what your body is doing and has to recover from!

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • No one leaves the Nightosphere
« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2011, 03:32:31 PM »
I am seven months pregnant.  :) I'm almost there! I'll reach eight months in late June [I think, according to when I took the pregnancy test, it'll be on June 26th... It's 24-28, don't remember the specific date... I'll remember!].

I can only hope that my body reverts back to it's normal body shape within 2-3 months time. I walk every day [I make sure it's more than 30-minute walks], I have a good diet, and I take good care of myself. I don't know how my body wants to work though!  ;D I'll just make sure to keep at it by keeping myself active with the baby. That'll be nice, with my baby sling and all.

I just want to revert back because to be honest, I like my body. And I like putting the pretty clothes that I have in my closet because my body is nice. It would be nice to be able to do so again sooner !  :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:34:53 PM by LadyAmorosaLuckyDulce »

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »

yep, sure are. is your daughter in the middle the one who said the "you have f**kers on you're face like me"?
also i was just curious, your granddaughter is the child of which of your children?
That was my daughter alrighty.. from the mouths of babes.  :D
My grand daughter belongs to the one with the long hair on the left..same one who shaved her head looking for listening devices. Kind of sad.. When I left Ohio for TX she was fine..a wonderful mother and so on.. The schizophrenic stuff began right after I left.. She destroyed her daughters porcelain dolls looking for bugs and noises, busted all the walls of her apartment looking for the noise, ripped up all the furniture and so on.. THEN came to Texas with mom then once accused me of raping her.. luckily that went nowhere..  &)
She's back in Ohio with mom doing better..she takes her medication only because mom makes her take it..

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2011, 10:40:03 PM »
A pic of me in my backyard:

No comments, please! I am super shy about pics!  :)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2011, 11:28:22 PM »
This thread takes me back to earlier this year.  Here's one of me and my band playing a gig in Indianapolis.  I'm the moron in yellow.  I just wanted to blend in with the crowd.

Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2011, 05:43:25 AM »
Hey Rev! ... Here's me on my guitar \\m//

The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2011, 03:46:03 PM »
Ahhhh. Rockin' the V lol.

I had a Virgin like 10 years ago... Or was it a Bitch? Gah, whatever, what a piece of s**t that thing was. B.C. Rich is selective in what kind of good vs. suck products it puts out. Do they even still make those?

Never liked the V's much although they were almost universally superior to the other Rich designs. I've played some with monster tone (usually custom pickups), great action, all that... but they're just so damn uncomfortable for any posititon unless it's standing with a strap. And even then, the narrow body, the weight distribution (way ass heavy), the way the strap hangs... always felt weird to me. Just never grabbed me. <shrug>

I mean sure, you can always get the thing to stradle your leg like it's giving you a lapdance and play vertical, but my leg always goes to sleep after 15 minutes or so. 

Vs are iconic though. You see a dude hop on stage with a V, it's a safe bet you're not going to hear the blues.  ;D

If you've got decent pickups and a stomp box, I bet she rumbles nice through that halfstack.

I main a custom American Strat with Satriani humbuckers my own self. Rosewood neck, black on black with a nice big "GUINESS" sticker across the bottom to class it up. Always wanted to get 24 frets and briefly thought about scalloping the neck a while back, but ultimately I had 100 other things I needed to spend the money on and really, scalloping always seemed gimmicky, and it's not like it's something you can un-do if you don't like it.

Don't have a picture handy unfortunately. Probably for the best; don't want this thing turning into GearFest 2011. Anyway, get yer metal on broseph. \m/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:03:58 PM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2011, 06:17:31 AM »
^^^

I'll tell ya brah ... this guitar I'm playing (LTD Blacky) is light as fuck and plays like a dream. It's well balanced so it's really comfortable and the action is super low.

24 Extra Jumbo frets, 25.5" scale, neck-through alder body, ebony Fingerboard, EMG H2 pickup and an original Floyd Rose with a locking nut.

Here's a pic with the headstock:

My other guitar, which I still own and use for recording and as a back up for live shows, is a Dean ML Warbird. I love this guitar as well and it's shape is comfortable bit this one is heavy as fuck ... one time, after a gig, my back hurt for 2 days. Never happens with my light LTD. Must be the mahogany body. I don't gig this guitar unless I have to ... it's still a good studio guitar.

22 frets, 24.75" scale, neck-though Mahogany Body,, 2 Humbucker pickups, Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo:

My dream guitar has the last 6 frets scalloped for extra solo playability.... but I wouldn't go for a fully scalloped fretboard.

\\m// ( ' ' ,) \\m//

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2011, 06:19:57 AM »
btw ... never played a B.C. Rich ... and you're right about flying V's being a bitch to play sitting down... that's where my ML shaped guitar is much more comfortable with that third pointy bit ...

Offline Petey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2011, 08:37:30 AM »
So one guitar is light as fuck and the other is heavy as fuck?  Kinda makes you wonder what fuck actually weighs.  :P
He never pays attention, he always knows the answer, and he can never tell you how he knows. We can't keep thrashing him. He is a bad example to the other pupils. There's no educating a smart boy.
-– Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2011, 09:59:37 AM »
Colorful language for the win ...

<insert_adjective_here> as fuck!

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
The paint job on that warbird is killer man!

Now that you mention it, I remember my Virgin was just ridiculously heavy. I never could figure out why... By surface area, it's less guitar than my Strat. The thing was just DENSE. Seriously, in my memory it was almost twice the weight of a standard guitar. Go figure.

Mine was red though, and it had a stabby headstock instead of the symmetrical ones they have now. The action on it was terrible lol... "Spongey" is the way I always described it. And even with two humbuckers, the tone on it was always weak, like my guitar had just gotten over the flu or something. Kind of tinny, too.

I ended up pawning it for like $100.00 back around 2005. And I'm a guy that thinks pawning an instrument is a sin. I just hated that fucking guitar lol. Still feel a little bad about it; it was a Christmas gift from my folks. Taught me a valuable lesson though: Don't judge a book by it's cover, and don't buy a guitar just because you think it looks cool. PLAY the damn thing first and make sure it doesn't suck a sack of dix.  ;D

<shrug> Meh. I was like 16 when I got the thing. What did I know?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:37:14 AM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2013, 05:44:56 PM »
I'm gonna bring out the yearbook for everyone to see and I'll add a few too.

Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2013, 10:00:42 PM »
Celebrating the Vernal Equinox in style!

Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles