Author Topic: Photo Thread  (Read 11602 times)

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
Re: Photo Thread
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2011, 06:13:06 PM »
Just a few things I'd like to say.

1.)Chuck Norris is a midget, and I'm 6'3. So I've got at least a foot on him.

2.)My beard is at least 2wice as gangster.

3.)His martial arts might be impressive, but I practice the ancient oriental art of .357 teflon-coated hollowpoint. And I don't fire blanks. Neither do my firearms.

4.)I was aware of his alleged "epicness"... But I've never been big on trends, and Chuck's always just been a midgety Christian douche to me... Which is why I suppose I was concerned I was giving a douchey vibe and could thus be construed as a man to give lessons on being douchetastic to a Duke of douchedom.

But now that I know it was intended as a compliment, I thank you.

5.)Bubba Hotep rocked socks. And I hate Elvis, too. So that should tell you something.  ;)

6.)Bruce Campbell... That's a trend I can endorse. <STAMPED RAYMOND APPROVED>

7.)I noticed today that all my favorite things are no longer around. Hunter Thompson.  Planters Cheez Balls. Snapple Rain. Rage Against the Machine. Curtis Mayfield. Deadwood. Lemon Jolly Ranchers.

Rock and hip-hop died in the 90's... Sex requires a lot of TALKING afterwords with people I usually don't like very much and I really don't need the ego-inflation of the "conquest" anymore... The drugs are all overpriced and half the time they're dilluted...

All I have left that is pure is Cap'N Crunch and Sunsets. Somehow I thought the future was going to be better. It's 2011. I'm living in the FUTURE here! WHERE ARE THE GODDAMN FLYING CARS!!!???? WHERE IS MY CHERRY 2000!!?? AND WHO THE f**k'S IDEA WAS IT TO GET RID OF THE GODDAMN CHEEZ BALLS!!!!??? HUH!!??

Sorry. That's been building all day. I think I need to go pray now.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:18:09 PM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline Jim

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-1
  • Born Again Atheist
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
The music-related posts were split to their own thread, Music Appreciation.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,17938.0.html
Survey results coming soon!

Offline Bereft_of_Faith

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2011, 02:28:37 AM »
@RaymondKHessel: re Deadwood

Try Justified on FX.  Not Deadwood, but I think you might like it.  If so, you can remove one thing from your list.  :)

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2011, 03:20:21 PM »
@RaymondKHessel: re Deadwood

Try Justified on FX.  Not Deadwood, but I think you might like it.  If so, you can remove one thing from your list.  :)

Love me a good Western.

Never heard of it, but I'll check it out man, thanks!  :)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:32:17 PM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline urs

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2011, 06:05:36 PM »
Mah blue and silver hurrs. Since this is....a photo thread. And I am....obsessed with my hair.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2011, 06:12:21 PM »
Mah blue and silver hurrs. Since this is....a photo thread. And I am....obsessed with my hair.

That's a beautiful effect.  :-)
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
Since this is....a photo thread.

Thank you, urs.  I was wondering when we'd get back on-topic.

And that is a great color.  Of course, I haven't yet seen a color that didn't look good on you.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2011, 12:01:57 AM »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Sleeping Shadow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2011, 12:10:17 AM »
^ That's either an ice cube or some small critter that I've probably got on my neck righ tnow.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2011, 12:30:56 AM »
^ That's either an ice cube or some small critter that I've probably got on my neck righ tnow.

.......these do get worn as the result of boys just having to throw them at bare skin.  ..................splat!  ....not that I'd ever do something like that. Oh my poor suffering (from landlocked country) lovely lovely wife.

summer on the beach in Oz
http://www.southernshores.auz.info/beachcombing/archives/nov.htm

The sausage jellies are produced by either the Conical Sand Snail Polinices conicus or the Sordid Sand Snail Polinices sordidus

......sometimes these or similar jelly variations just litter huge areas of the beach
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2011, 11:34:26 AM »
All I have left that is pure is Cap'N Crunch and Sunsets. Somehow I thought the future was going to be better. It's 2011. I'm living in the FUTURE here! WHERE ARE THE GODDAMN FLYING CARS!!!???? WHERE IS MY CHERRY 2000!!?? AND WHO THE f**k'S IDEA WAS IT TO GET RID OF THE GODDAMN CHEEZ BALLS!!!!??? HUH!!??

Sorry. That's been building all day. I think I need to go pray now.

I agree, where are the cheez balls?  But I do have a solution.  If you get Utz Cheese Balls, in the barrel *only* (http://www.utzsnacks.com/store/p-484-barrel-of-cheese-balls.aspx ) they are better, yes *better* ;D than the Planters cheez balls.  They use sour cream to make them and oh does it make a difference.

and lovely hair, urs.  I want to do that.  But I suspect my boss would have issues. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2011, 12:03:23 PM »

That's a beautiful effect.  :-)

I second this. Being a metalhead I really dig this sort of style. I keep suggesting to my wife that she color her hair a bit (it's naturally black)... not as much as this... but with some dark purple in there or something.... it's not her thang. Oh well.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline Larissa238

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2011, 02:00:03 PM »
Your hair is beautiful, Urs!

And Lady, you are so pretty! Keep posting more pictures!

Here's one of my mom and I in front of the prettiest Jewish Temple I have ever seen:
On why Christians and non-Christians have the same rate of divorce:

He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family.

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • No one leaves the Nightosphere
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »
I'll post more pictures when I can!

I really like your hair; it has perfect curls and little waves!

Offline Larissa238

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2011, 12:43:39 PM »
Urs, I would love to see your avatar of you with the rainbow hair here! I love your hair, it's so awesome :)

You got that peacock nailed lol.

He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family.

Offline ZenZen

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • An atheist, who loves her GODless life....!
« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2011, 01:24:22 PM »
Well, I'll post pictures then!  ;D

The pictures are chronologically.

From my wedding:

One of my late Degus Houdini.

Houdine and me again.

Me at our 1 year anniversary.

That's what I could find for now...
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire

Offline Larissa238

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2011, 02:08:35 PM »
You are so pretty, Zen! I really like your wedding dress :)

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2011, 02:38:34 PM »
Aww, Zen! You look lovely! I especially love your wedding picture! And I love your pet! I have an African pygmy hedgehog as a pet.  :D

Offline ZenZen

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #192 on: February 25, 2011, 03:53:36 PM »
You are so pretty, Zen! I really like your wedding dress :)

Thank you Larissa! My wedding dress is not a traditional. But then, my wedding wasn't traditional either.

Since we don't believe in "the white (innocent[1]) bride"
And since we don't believe in god, we were married in the town hall. Small romantic wedding.  ;D

Aww, Zen! You look lovely! I especially love your wedding picture! And I love your pet! I have an African pygmy hedgehog as a pet.  :D
Thanks! It's my favorite dress[2]

I had 2 degus at the time. I also had hamsters, and birds. Now I'm down to 4 guinea pigs. They are the only animals that communicate with sounds.

And I would also like a little hedgehog - but we don't have the space. But they are so cute!  :-*
 1. Like that was going to happen ;)
 2. If you haven't guessed ;)
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #193 on: February 25, 2011, 04:02:27 PM »
I have pictures of the hedgehog sleeping on my husband's lap; so cute! And even videos. :P

Talking about guinea pigs (adorable!), they also make great meals. Sorry.  :-X (In Peru, there is a ridiculous amount of guinea pigs. It has always been like that, so we eat them. Tastes like chicken, but I always wish they had a little bit more meat in them. However, it does not imply that I'd eat yours... Then again...  :D)

Offline ZenZen

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #194 on: February 25, 2011, 04:16:30 PM »
I have pictures of the hedgehog sleeping on my husband's lap; so cute! And even videos. :P

Talking about guinea pigs (adorable!), they also make great meals. Sorry.  :-X (In Peru, there is a ridiculous amount of guinea pigs. It has always been like that, so we eat them. Tastes like chicken, but I always wish they had a little bit more meat in them. However, it does not imply that I'd eat yours... Then again...  :D)

Aww! I'd love to see those pics!

Yeah I know they eat them in (on?) Peru. It's tourist a thing, right? I've never been there, but if I do, I might try taste guineas. No they don't have much meat. But Cuys do. (giant Guinea pig).
I don't mind they eat them.[1]
 1. But if you eat mine, I'm gonna -eh- I don't really know...

Offline urs

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2011, 04:22:13 PM »
Urs, I would love to see your avatar of you with the rainbow hair here! I love your hair, it's so awesome :)

You got that peacock nailed lol.

Ha! Thank you. Here's the full size version. I edited the shadows on it to make them a little darker; it helps emphasize the brightness of the other colors.

edited to add: Zenzen, I meant to mention that we didn't have a traditional wedding, either. I had a fuschia colored dress (to match my hair), a friend of ours became ordained so that she could marry us in our house, and we spent the majority of the money on a huge reception and awesome honeymoon. So, right on!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:26:35 PM by urs »

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »
@ ZenZen: Only kidding when it comes to your adorable, little guinea pigs. :D And it's not a tourist thing in Peru; it used to be a religious thing (still is in some towns) and now it's just a common thing to do. Tourists do get curious and go ahead and try it. But really, guinea pigs are common to eat in Peru now.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +33/-0
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2011, 04:55:20 PM »
Now I'm down to 4 guinea pigs. They are the only animals that communicate with sounds.

Ha! Principally that they're hungry! I can't open the fridge door with a chorus of squeaks from the next room and anything that sounds like a bag of salad sends them into fits of glee. You know you've gone slightly crazy when you're in the fruit and veg aisle thinking about what the cavies would like for dinner before you think of your own meals.

First day in the outside run this year for ours today, nails clipped and off to enjoy the fresh air, which they promptly ignored by stuffing up the door to their igloo with hay. They were pleased to get back indoors to a nice clean pen, a fresh cardboard box to remodel and a little bit of lettuce, happy putt-putt noises all evening.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline urs

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2011, 05:24:52 PM »
I forgot to thank everyone else, too, for the compliments. So pianodwarf, velkyn, xphobe, larissa, and plethora - THANK YOU!!!

Offline Persephone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
  • Jamie want big boom.
« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2011, 12:07:33 AM »
Resurrecting this thread for all the n00bs who've joined since February, like myself. I know we aren't supposed to raise threads from the dead, but it seemed better than starting a new photo thread.

It's fun to see what everyone looks like.

Here's my contribution: Watch Persephone's hair grow.  ;D Who says women in their 40s can't rock long hair?!

A year ago:

Last fall - in the pit waiting for a Muse concert to start

Now

YOUR TURN!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:32:56 AM by Persephone »
Sheldon: Ever since you started having regular intercourse your mind has lost its edge. You should reflect on that.
Leonard: Well, Einstein had a busy sex life.
Sheldon: Yes, but he never unified gravity with the other forces. If he hadn't been such a hounddog we'd all have time machines.

Offline Karl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2011, 12:27:18 AM »
@ ZenZen: Only kidding when it comes to your adorable, little guinea pigs. :D And it's not a tourist thing in Peru; it used to be a religious thing (still is in some towns) and now it's just a common thing to do. Tourists do get curious and go ahead and try it. But really, guinea pigs are common to eat in Peru now.
Chiguire esta muy sabroso.

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON!
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2011, 02:29:18 AM »
I don't have a recent photo of myself nor will I ever put another of me on here nor anywhere else online again, BUT the neighborhood here in Irving, the home of TBN seems to have a popular perception of me.
Imagine gaining favor with "Darwin's"...kind of like praying, huh?

http://freeclassicflix.co.cc

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »
Chiguire esta muy sabroso.

Chiguire? Nunca prove, pero apuesto de que es como el cui. El cui estubo bien. Prefiero pollo a la brasa, porque obviamente, tiene mas carnecita. No como el cui, en donde tienes tan poca carne. Tengo que provar un cui mas sabroso; tengo hambre para uno otravez.  :( Mi tia no los come; ella jugava con los animalitos en el restaurante antes de que rompieron sus cuellos.

The capybara [chiguire] looks cute like a guinea pig, to be steering off of the fact that I'd eat the capybara as well as I do guinea pigs in Peru.  :)

Since this is a photo thread, here's me as of recently [a few days ago].

Me and the beach, right by my grandmother-in-law. The pregnancy made me bloat. But, I have been exercising every day, whilst taking care of my diet. So hopefully, I'll return to my regular body shape in a month. I would prefer that, but a month and half or two months is OK, I guess. Every woman's body reacts differently on getting rid of the extra water and blood mass that accumulates from the pregnancy.