Author Topic: Photo Thread  (Read 11651 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Photo Thread
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »
Looks like you lost something there, hickdive?

Whenever I see a drysuit I get a chill.  I don't like diving anywhere I can't wear a shortie.

... so how many divers do we actually have on here?  Enough to get a group discount somewhere?

I'd be in.  So'd my wife. :)

I'll have to get Mock Turtle back on here.  He's a diver, doing some dive master course this past weekend and told me he was recently somewhere in NJ where the water was 33 degrees F. 

and red shirts commonly have some very ethnic name: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Redshirt

and evil Alzael,  posting links to tvtropes.  I'm being sucked in....
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2011, 04:17:58 PM »
I've been wanting to get into diving. Closest I've come is snorkeling off the Great Barrier Reef and once right outside of the Atlantic entrance to the Panama Canal.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +817/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »
Besides, I'm far too awesome and badass to be killed like that. After the fundies have come and gone I'll be the guy standing amidst the rubble of the battle, holding a big gun (or sword) in my hand with two hot babes draped over me as I give a machismo-loaded stare into the camera before sweeping the babes in my arms in a kiss and proclaiming "Hail to the King,baby!"

That's no fair. When the end comes, while you're doing that, someone will be asking me to wipe up kitty vomit and if I'll do the dishes. Why do you get all the good parts?

I hate being white and dorky!!!
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
Can I buy Ovaltine with my street credits?

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2011, 06:48:42 PM »

That's no fair. When the end comes, while you're doing that, someone will be asking me to wipe up kitty vomit and if I'll do the dishes. Why do you get all the good parts?

I hate being white and dorky!!!

What can I say. That's just how I roll.

Can I buy Ovaltine with my street credits?

No. I'm afraid you have to shiv a rival atheist in the street first. And even then you can only buy watermelons, fried chicken, and malt liquor.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »
Besides, I'm far too awesome and badass to be killed like that. After the fundies have come and gone I'll be the guy standing amidst the rubble of the battle, holding a big gun (or sword) in my hand with two hot babes draped over me as I give a machismo-loaded stare into the camera before sweeping the babes in my arms in a kiss and proclaiming "Hail to the King,baby!"

I KNEW I knew you from somewhere. Fiendish Dr. Alzael, your knowledge of scientific psychological transmogrifications is only outmatched by your zest for covert forum treachery!

The old apple pie on the windowsill trick from 'Nam... I can't believe I fell for it!

@Divers/Diving People - Hey! I dive! Or I did... once upon a time. I was certified back in like '95 and haven't been in years though. Mainly because the dive spots near me are lame as f**k, and nobody else I know is into it.  :(

I've been wanting to get into diving. Closest I've come is snorkeling off the Great Barrier Reef and once right outside of the Atlantic entrance to the Panama Canal.

Hey, both better than any of the two dozen places I've ever gotten to actually dive.

Well, I take that back. The Florida Keyes were pretty damn cool. Only time in my life I've gotten a chance to spear fish

@ Ray - you giving Chuck Norris 'cool' lessons??  :-X

I'm not really sure I know how to take that.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:13:06 PM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »
Quote from: alzael
No. I'm afraid you have to shiv a rival atheist in the street first. And even then you can only buy watermelons, fried chicken, and malt liquor.

Oh hello there, friend!
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +33/-0
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2011, 03:09:00 AM »
Pfft, no one ever thinks of a sponge as a "living organism"... It takes so long to create a coral reef. I just want to look at it without disturbing the fishies.  :-X

Be very grateful for sponges, just think how bad rising sea levels would be without them.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2011, 03:15:13 AM »
Pfft, no one ever thinks of a sponge as a "living organism"... It takes so long to create a coral reef. I just want to look at it without disturbing the fishies.  :-X

Be very grateful for sponges, just think how bad rising sea levels would be without them.

very very funny   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I'm gonna have to hunt you down elsewhere and randomnly +1 some other post of your for that
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +33/-0
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2011, 05:56:29 AM »

very very funny   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I'm gonna have to hunt you down elsewhere and randomnly +1 some other post of your for that

My other plan to combat rising sea levels is to kill all the whales.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2011, 07:13:44 AM »

My other plan to combat rising sea levels is to kill all the whales.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and changing all ship design to flat bottom barges.

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

Offline Paperbackslave

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Earth is awesome - enjoy it while you can
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2011, 09:20:21 AM »

Haahahaa ....er, my nephew, who I thought knew all the important cool stuff, informs me that Chuck Norris is the epitome of cool (personally I don't see it).  My comment was made in a fit of jealousy over the coolnicity that your pic exudes.

<<<< has NEVER been cool.  :-[
Atheists are spectators in a grand battle of stupid ideas.  Sadly, these ideas get people killed in the name of a loving god on both sides of the delusion.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +708/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »

you should look into changing your screen name to Shaft.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Vivisectus

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2011, 09:43:16 AM »

Haahahaa ....er, my nephew, who I thought knew all the important cool stuff, informs me that Chuck Norris is the epitome of cool (personally I don't see it).  My comment was made in a fit of jealousy over the coolnicity that your pic exudes.

<<<< has NEVER been cool.  :-[

This, ofcourse, is true.

It is a foine loine between a poirate and a farrrmer. Oi stand astroid that foine loine.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
Did you ever hear that story about the time that Chuck Norris was living in Houston, back in the days when he was filming "Walker, Texas Ranger"?  I think it was in 1994, right around there, anyway.  He was walking down the street one day and a couple of guys saw him and started walking over to him.  He thought they were fans who were going to ask for an autograph, so he smiled at them as they came up to him because he likes giving autographs.  Then both of them pulled out knives and one of them said, "OK, Chuck, we know you have lots of money.  Hand it over!"  He was absolutely flabbergasted.  He just stood there looking back and forth between the two of them, then he finally managed to blurt out, "Are you insane?!"  They didn't back down, so...

The inevitable result followed, and a two-man patrol car showed up shortly afterward.  Both of the hoods had broken arms, the kind where the bone is actually sticking out, and were sitting there on the curb in agony.  The two cops just looked at Norris, then at the morons, then at each other, and then they just exploded with laughter.  "You did what?  Didn't you know who he was?"  One of them said, "Yeah, of course we did, we've seen him on TV.  But we thought all that karate stuff was fake!"
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Vivisectus

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »
Let's hope BibleStudent doesn;t spot this one - it would be game over.

It is a foine loine between a poirate and a farrrmer. Oi stand astroid that foine loine.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »

you should look into changing your screen name to Shaft.

Shaft is sufficiently awesome. But I think I more prefer something along the lines of "Black Bruce Campbell", or maybe "Chocolate Ash".

It fits my particular breed of awesomeness more.

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +708/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2011, 11:26:42 AM »
Eschew the Jergens and you can be known as just "Ashey"

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Paperbackslave

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Earth is awesome - enjoy it while you can
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2011, 11:28:22 AM »

This, ofcourse, is true.

Ha!  Incontrovertible proof!  Thanks Vivisectus!
Atheists are spectators in a grand battle of stupid ideas.  Sadly, these ideas get people killed in the name of a loving god on both sides of the delusion.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2011, 11:33:51 AM »

....so cool that we couldn't get keep the camera away from my painting. 
We'd be elsewhere setting up the next shot, get it ready,
the director would call "Lights? Camera? whoooooaah!!!   
....where's that fucking camera now?     
.......can someone go over to chuck's room and drag that damn thing back here.
...........I swear I'm gonna smash that bloody wall   
..............Ah! shit!  ........... am I speaking too loudly?   
....................Ya don't think Chuck mighta heard do ya?"

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2011, 11:36:17 AM »
Eschew the Jergens and you can be known as just "Ashey"

That would hardly befit my awesomeness as the chocolate version of Bruce Campbell. So watch who you're calling "Ashey". As the man once said:

NEVER FUCK WITH THE KING!

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +708/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2011, 11:58:58 AM »
Perhaps you would rather be known as John F. Kennedy?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Vivisectus

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »
I reckon a chocolate ash would be almost 0.49 Chuck Norrises - possibly a new record of epic epicness.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2011, 12:48:46 PM »
I reckon a chocolate ash would be almost 0.49 Chuck Norrises - possibly a new record of epic epicness.

Chuck Norris does not even come close to being epic. His epicness is merely and informed ability http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InformedAbility . If you don't believe me, watch Sidekicks, or look at Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »
I have yet to have an author inform me that a character is charming, and then, by that character’s deeds and conversation, convince me of that fact.
— Dorothy Parker, "These Much Too Charming People"

Lol-- this is exactly what No True Scotsman is trying to do in his hermeneutics thread.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »
Chuck Norris does not even come close to being epic. His epicness is merely and informed ability http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InformedAbility.

Yeah.  I guess that explains how he got those six black belts and how he won all those martial arts tournaments and everything.   &)
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2011, 12:58:57 PM »
Chuck Norris does not even come close to being epic. His epicness is merely and informed ability http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InformedAbility.

Yeah.  I guess that explains how he got those six black belts and how he won all those martial arts tournaments and everything.   &)

I said his epicness was an informed ability. Not his martial arts skills.

Lol-- this is exactly what No True Scotsman is trying to do in his hermeneutics thread.

That's why I completely stopped caring after I tore his last arguments to shreds. I haven't even bothered to read his response to it.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2011, 01:46:28 PM »

NEVER FUCK WITH THE KING!
one of the most awesome movies ever.  :)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • No one leaves the Nightosphere
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »
I never knew Chuck Norris was in the Air Force. STUD!  ;) He is awesome. (Psst! The Air Force military branch = best military branch)