Author Topic: Photo Thread  (Read 10759 times)

Offline Paperbackslave

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Earth is awesome - enjoy it while you can
Re: Photo Thread
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2011, 05:37:53 PM »
@ Ray - you giving Chuck Norris 'cool' lessons??  :-X

@ Lady - you are lovely - I like the glasses!

@ Vivisectus - your pooch is almost as good lookin as mine  ;D

@ urs - lovin the tat!  Here are mine in collage style  :D the horse shoe is on mah azz..

@ Alzael - I wish I could look that cool all the time ...  8)
Atheists are spectators in a grand battle of stupid ideas.  Sadly, these ideas get people killed in the name of a loving god on both sides of the delusion.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2011, 07:38:52 PM »
I was wondering why this thread kept being de-railed into a discussion of ADD by Urs, LadyA, and SleepingShadow.

What is wrong with these people? Why can't they pay attention and stick to the subject?

Do they have some kind of probl...

Ah.

:-[

Sorry. Do carry on.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:09:39 PM by Gnu Ordure »

Offline urs

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2011, 09:34:11 PM »
I was wondering why this thread kept being de-railed into a discussion of ADD by Urs, LadyA, and SleepingShadow.

What is wrong with these people? Why can't they pay attention and stick to the subject?

Do they have some kind of probl...

Ah.

:-[

Sorry. Do carry on.

Just be glad you don't have to deal with us in real life. You would prolly get confused, and then exhausted, very quickly. Then annoyed. And then maybe a little hungry.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2011, 09:43:25 AM »
so, that's what you look like when yet again one of our theists is being willfully ignorant? About ready to pop them? ;D

Actually that's my normal expression. It's when I don't look grumpy and I stop making snarky comments that you have to be worried.

I also notice that I'm the only black guy here. At least I have a monopoly on the market.

an age ago, there was another black guy here, but it's been awhile.  I've been accused of looking "angry" which must be my neutral expression.  Then I get told I have an "evil" laugh.  an atheist just can't get a break  ;D 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »
"Here" as in the forum, or on this thread specifically?  There are several black people here, although I don't make an effort to keep track of such things.  There's nogodsforme, and mar, and I believe the guy you were referring to velkyn was called something like "atheist curmudgeon"?
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • No one leaves the Nightosphere
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2011, 11:39:12 AM »
10 months ago. The one that took the picture was the friend who dragged me to see the recent Alice In Wonnderland movie. I threw her down the river. Plus, she was hitting on me, despite her having a girlfriend at that time, and she didn't know how to get a clue. Not that I dislike lesbians...  :-X I just certainly did not like that girl.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2011, 11:51:22 AM »
"threw her down the river"?  Is that slang?

LadyA, you do realize pictures like that can give us old guys dangerous heart palpitations! 

...not that you should stop, or anything :)
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2011, 12:06:28 PM »
LadyA, you do realize pictures like that can give us old guys dangerous heart palpitations! 

...not that you should stop, or anything :)

I'm forced to agree with this.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Str82Hell

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2011, 12:16:11 PM »
Same for young guys.
Quote from: George Bernard Shaw
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2011, 12:26:21 PM »
"threw her down the river"?  Is that slang?

Nah, I actually killed her.  :blank: (For those that would take me seriously, yes, it is "slang". What happened is that when I wanted to quit a science project and do it on my own [not because she wanted a thing with me], she freaked out to over-whelming proportions, yelled at me, threw her books at me, and called me a bitch. Yeah. I stopped hanging out with her. I was upset because I thought she wasn't violent, even though a very large amount of the school thought so. Baaad experience.  :-\)

Sorry for the severe amount of heart palpitations.

Offline Grimm

• Professional Windmill Tilter
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-1
  • Apparently, the Dragon to be Slain
    • The Hexadecimal Number of the Beast
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2011, 12:47:40 PM »
Oh-what-the-hell.

(In case the link is annoying:  http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/5451468018_08c4d25397.jpg)

The pirate in my office is watching you. Always watching.  WAAATCHING.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:53:37 PM by Grimm »
"But to us, there is but one god, plus or minus one."  - 1 Corinthians 8:6+/-2

-- Randall, XKCD http://xkcd.com/900/

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +683/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2011, 01:06:34 PM »
There are several black people here,

Do you think they all know each other?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »
Me, praying for the miracle of scuba;

Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »
Looks like you lost something there, hickdive?

Whenever I see a drysuit I get a chill.  I don't like diving anywhere I can't wear a shortie.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2011, 01:18:24 PM »
There are several black people here,

Do you think they all know each other?

no, they all know Ambassador Pony, and that's good enough.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2011, 01:19:56 PM »
so, that's what you look like when yet again one of our theists is being willfully ignorant? About ready to pop them? ;D

Actually that's my normal expression. It's when I don't look grumpy and I stop making snarky comments that you have to be worried.

I also notice that I'm the only black guy here. At least I have a monopoly on the market.

You do realise that the token black guy is always the first to get killed, right? If the religious crazies start coming at us with pitchforks (who, to be fair, are likely to be racists anyway), you might want to give up that monopoly, preferably for a guy who can't run very fast.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Grimm

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-1
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2011, 01:20:50 PM »

Whenever I see a drysuit I get a chill.  I don't like diving anywhere I can't wear a shortie.

... so how many divers do we actually have on here?  Enough to get a group discount somewhere?

I'd be in.  So'd my wife. :)

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2011, 01:24:41 PM »

That was taken on midsummer day. Water was a balmy 9 deg C. My buddy passed me the camera and posed for a similar picture, she had an ice-cream headache for the rest of the day  ;D

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »
You do realise that the token black guy is always the first to get killed, right?

I thought it was the guy in the red shirt? Or is it the guy named Kowalski? I get confused.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2011, 01:30:18 PM »

... so how many divers do we actually have on here?  Enough to get a group discount somewhere?

I do discounted air*. Comes in a padded envelope for you to compress for yourself at home. I'll do a group deal.

*nitrox and trimix too. Trimix is extra because I have to put a little lead weight in every envelope.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2011, 01:32:30 PM »

You do realise that the token black guy is always the first to get killed, right? If the religious crazies start coming at us with pitchforks (who, to be fair, are likely to be racists anyway), you might want to give up that monopoly, preferably for a guy who can't run very fast.

That's fine. The black guy usually gets killed because he's also doing something fairly stupid. Like Samuel L. Jackson in Deep Blue. After hyper-intelligent sharks are released into the water, he stands alone in front of a large pool with his back turned and yelling a speech at the others......there's a term for this http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TooDumbToLive

Besides, I'm far too awesome and badass to be killed like that. After the fundies have come and gone I'll be the guy standing amidst the rubble of the battle, holding a big gun (or sword) in my hand with two hot babes draped over me as I give a machismo-loaded stare into the camera before sweeping the babes in my arms in a kiss and proclaiming "Hail to the King,baby!"

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2011, 01:36:30 PM »
Yeah it's Red Shirt Guy who gets killed.  Having a token black guy gives us "Street Credits" (am I saying that right?) and a chance at any cast-off hot babes Alzael doesn't want.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2011, 01:38:35 PM »
Yeah it's Red Shirt Guy who gets killed.  Having a token black guy gives us "Street Credits" (am I saying that right?) and a chance at any cast-off hot babes Alzael doesn't want.

Cred, Xphobe. It's just "Street Cred". Don't worry, these slips are common in the elderly. ;D

Although black dudes die as well, unless they're not really stupid, or they're sufficiently awesome. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlackDudeDiesFirst

Offline Grimm

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-1
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2011, 01:40:50 PM »

I do discounted air*. Comes in a padded envelope for you to compress for yourself at home. I'll do a group deal.

*nitrox and trimix too. Trimix is extra because I have to put a little lead weight in every envelope.

Heh.  I'm not trimix certified, sadly.  Poke-shark-in-the-nose certified, sure, but trimix?  You brave, brave soul. :)

You need to sing out if you end up in the States.  I will put together an Oriskany trip faster than you can say "aircraft carrier." :)

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2011, 01:55:27 PM »
*google* ...  Oriskany, eh?  I like the water off Pensacola, but 125 feet is the deepest I've ever been, and that with a deco stop just to be safe.  I'd be a little nervous at 140, plus you don't get much bottom time do you?  80-100 feet is my comfort zone.

Ever been to the Flower Gardens?  It's supposed to be quite pretty...

Offline Grimm

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-1
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2011, 01:57:25 PM »
*google* ...  Oriskany, eh?  I like the water off Pensacola, but 125 feet is the deepest I've ever been, and that with a deco stop just to be safe.  I'd be a little nervous at 140, plus you don't get much bottom time do you?  80-100 feet is my comfort zone.

Ever been to the Flower Gardens?  It's supposed to be quite pretty...

I haven't hit that one yet - tons of stuff off the Gulf Coast, but not the Flower Gardens.

The Oriskany is actually a gorgeous dive - even at rec classes over Tech.  The tower is in 60feet, down to about 130 at the deck.  Tech guys can even swim through the hangars via open elevators on either side.  The bottom of the ship is actually down almost to the 400ft mark.

Just an astounding thing to see come up at you out of the bluewater.  How's the diving off of your coast?

BTW - it's not the best vid?  But it gives you an idea - these guys hit the tower only:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:59:29 PM by Grimm »

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »
How's the diving off of your coast?

Pfff.  Galveston?  Muddy.  Fairly limited visibility, no shore dives, although there are some fun rigs where you can do spearfishing.

I usually fly to Cozumel or Belize because it's cheap.  Some day I want to make it to Thailand, but that's $$$.

Believe it or not there is an interesting place in Texas called "Valhalla" near Abilene.  It's an abandoned missile silo that filled up with water.  You can actually get credit for a high-elevation dive and a deep dive at the same time :)

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2011, 02:20:14 PM »
I'm jealous, Grimm (and hickdive the scuba diver). I would love to go scuba diving one day. I wouldn't be able to help myself but to go explore the coral reefs. Such magnificent rocks and living organisms. Pfft, no one ever thinks of a sponge as a "living organism"... It takes so long to create a coral reef. I just want to look at it without disturbing the fishies.  :-X

Hey, I did not do scuba just yet, but I like fishing. I caught a barracuda once, and also, my mother and I caught two sharks. Granted, they were horrible on the boat (they had to use the baseball bat with a nail), flopping around and biting. But they were delicious.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:46:37 PM by LadyAmorosaLuckyDulce »

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »

Heh.  I'm not trimix certified, sadly.  Poke-shark-in-the-nose certified, sure, but trimix?  You brave, brave soul. :)

You need to sing out if you end up in the States.  I will put together an Oriskany trip faster than you can say "aircraft carrier." :)

Brave? Nobody here but us chickens!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1355173931257#

I'm very briefly in this vid, look out for the stage cylinder marked HKM.