Author Topic: Photo Thread  (Read 10514 times)

Offline Tykster

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
Re: Photo Thread
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 09:15:17 AM »

Yeah, see.  Googly eyes, bouncy chipmunk cheeks.  And, I told you, you're looking rather tan... vacation in Bermuda?

Indeed, once I'd navigated that pesky triangle......
rhocam ~ I guess there are several trillion cells in a man, and one in an amoeba, so to be generous, lets say that there were a billion. That is one every fifteen years. So in my lifetime I should have seen two evolutionary changes.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +678/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »
The face behind the shades:

Your hide is velvety and luxurious.  I will keep you in mind when my sofa needs to be re-upholstered. 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
Crap, you get to look at my ugly ass face.

Some of you know, I'm an amateur storyteller, this is a photo of all of those competing for Young Storyteller of the Year 2010 (well, those in the 18-25 category)

I'm the miserable fucker with long hair and in a kilt.

I like how the guy next to me (Damien) and I as the two metal heads are the only ones not smiling.

And the Viking me, because Thor loves me baby, the party was fancy dress (optional), but me and my friend (she was a pirate) were the only ones that went in fancy dress. :( It was almost like the scene from Only Fools and Horses.

“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2011, 04:28:05 PM »
^^^ and there's no light on you.  ;D Sorry, but I think your "ugly ass face" is attractive. Strong features, nice hair. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »
I always wondered whether your icon was a photo of you. It's very cool looking. I guess that answers my question :)

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2011, 08:23:21 PM »
Was it cold in that room Seppuku?  Two people are wearing hats and two are wearing scarfs.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Larissa238

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2011, 09:24:38 PM »
PS Larissa, great dress! And headband! You look like you're going to sacrifice a goat, or something... I like that in a woman...

It's a dress made in the Tudor style, with matching headband and snood (hair cover). It sucks that it's night and you can't really see the black part of the dress... that dress is in storage in Los Angeles and too small for me to fit into now. One day I will get it out, dust it off, and put it back on and take a better picture of it.
On why Christians and non-Christians have the same rate of divorce:

He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family.

Offline Larissa238

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2011, 09:26:56 PM »

My first thought was "Is that Randy Orton?"

I do think both of you are very cute :)
On why Christians and non-Christians have the same rate of divorce:

He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +114/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2011, 01:07:50 AM »

Don't feel bad, at least it's not a "he-skirt". Yes, there really was such a thing not too long ago, from the appropriately named 'Dorcus' collection. [1]
 1. http://www.lileks.com/institute/dorcus/dress.html
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2011, 02:30:16 PM »
Quote from: Velkyn
Sorry, but I think your "ugly ass face" is attractive. Strong features, nice hair. 

Catch me at the wrong angle and you'll see my second chin and Buddha belly.  ;D

This one is from a night out drinking with a few mates, the next morning, I checked on Facebook and thought, "wait a minute, is that my hand? Oh God, I didn't touch somebody's breasts did I?" Then came the sad realisation, they were my own. Yeah, I've lot 1 stone since the pics were taken, but I still have my womanly parts.

Don't feel bad, at least it's not a "he-skirt". Yes, there really was such a thing not too long ago, from the appropriately named 'Dorcus' collection. [1]
 1. http://www.lileks.com/institute/dorcus/dress.html

I remember them! I remember when watching TV when I was younger and a pop star was wearing one. It seems they didn't catch on, it seems in order to wear a skirt it either has to be a kilt or you have to be a drag queen, there's no middle ground.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2011, 07:50:04 PM »
MadB:
You'd have fit in on any number of crime dramas on the air these days.
Yes, it's a fine line between politics and the underworld, isn't it?

Screwtape:
Your hide is velvety and luxurious.  I will keep you in mind when my sofa needs to be re-upholstered.
You are welcome to my hide when I'm finished with it. Patience.

Anyway, moving on. Having failed to achieve my political ambitions by democratic means in Britain, in 1988 I defected to the USSR and joined their navy. Within two years I was in command of the North Atlantic Nuclear Submarine Fleet. Finally, the chance to improve the world, by blowing it up. But I didn't. As you know. 

A photo of Commander Nuvich Ordovich at that time:

Offline Jim

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-1
  • Born Again Atheist
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2011, 08:04:01 PM »
Ah, komrade, why does the pikture seem to have the British Seal across it?

Were you taken captive?
Survey results coming soon!

Offline kindred

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-5
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2011, 07:16:12 AM »

This is me. I don't usually look like this though. This is just me when I'm using prepracticed facial expressions.
"Keep calm and carry on"

"I trust you are not in too much distress"

Offline Str82Hell

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2011, 08:22:33 AM »
Quote from: George Bernard Shaw
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one

Offline kindred

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-5
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2011, 10:58:25 AM »

Thanks, Str82Hell.

As I said, this is me with the mask on. Its not how I usually look. Also, please don't mock the fact that I'm not exactly the picture of manliness.
"Keep calm and carry on"

"I trust you are not in too much distress"

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »
Jim:
Ah, komrade, why does the pikture seem to have the British Seal across it? Were you taken captive?

Nyet. That was a fake-ID for when the Russians used me as a double-agent.

Unbeknownst to them, I was actually a quadruple-agent.

It's a long story. One day (25 years after my death, to be precise) the files will be released and the world will know the truth.

Patience.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »

This was the photo used in the campaign literature:

A passing resemblance to the young Melvin Bragg.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2011, 05:55:30 PM »
Here's me, wife, and #2 son at one of my favorite places.  If you're a diver in North America you may recognize it.

This pic is about ten years old.  The boy is now grown, and Catholic.  I'll post something newer later.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • No one leaves the Nightosphere
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2011, 06:43:30 PM »
Here is me.

Those are from a year ago. My most recent ones (which need to be taken out of the iPhone still) are of me with short hair. Very short, but it's growing back. It's pixie hair. And although I'm thin, tummy is definitely showing because I'm 5 months pregnant. Still, yep. That's me, the weirdo.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »
Xphobe, Is your avatar pic an omage to a certain effusive atheist blowhard we all know and love to hate?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2011, 06:53:44 PM »
Lady,

ummmm......yer perdy.

So anyway, what's up with being 18 and so well spoken, and intellectually sharp? Do you have an intro thread that accounts for your education and such.

Do you speak other languages? Othe rthan Spanish and English?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2011, 07:01:08 PM »
Xphobe, Is your avatar pic an omage to a certain effusive atheist blowhard we all know and love to hate?

???  no...  Just a random pic taken last year in an optical store on the way to the rodeo.  Usually the camera tends to make me look like a serial murderer, so since that one wasn't too bad I used it.  We can't all look like LadyA.

I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Str82Hell

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2011, 07:03:32 PM »
You're good looking. Too bad you aren't single:P
Quote from: George Bernard Shaw
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2011, 07:09:19 PM »
I thought it could have also been for your brokeback mountain analogy of a thread.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2011, 09:40:45 PM »
You're good looking. Too bad you aren't single:P

Why thank you "Str8" (wink wink).  But Infidel Muhammad has first claim on my body for recreational purposes, pending any change in my marital status.

Pony: I see what you mean.  It was not intentional.  Perhaps subconsciously that's why I picked that one though.  Yee ha!

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • No one leaves the Nightosphere
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2011, 09:49:35 PM »
Lady,

ummmm......yer perdy.

So anyway, what's up with being 18 and so well spoken, and intellectually sharp? Do you have an intro thread that accounts for your education and such.

Do you speak other languages? Other than Spanish and English?

Ehh, I do have an intro. thread, but it doesn't provide much info. about myself. Heh, I was scared.

I only went to a high school (which had very good courses, I still wish I knew about them earlier, but my counselors sucked all the cock [excuse my French, but they did], but I did plenty well in school) in the suburbs. Unfortunately, although I am intellectually capable of having debates, discussions, and the like, I am very unfortunate. You see, I err... It's gonna sound silly, because anyone can claim to have ADD or ADHD, but I am an actual person that truly has ADHD. Do some research on it; I feel too lazy to explain what actual, honest-to-goodness ADHD is and how it works and messes up a person.

I was accepted into Baylor University, but I decided to choose happiness for once and married frofrodajimmyboy (he's a member here, he and I originally met on a video game forum, and we started dating IRL). I could always have done better in all my work, but the focus part was always a problem; if I focused too much on something, I disassociated. It has been said somewhere that the actual ADHD tends to manifest itself into people with high IQ's/intellectual capability, but that sounds silly. Too silly. It's as if the brain was not meant to be perfect. Hmm. I am dissapointed in this God fellow.

P. S: Thanks. Heh. I don't see it. (It's a self-hate problem, it comes back to haunt me every once in a while).
P. S. S: Err, I was learning Chinese (Mandarin), but I had to stop because my family was losing funds. I learned some Latin, but unfortunately, I cannot read texts as fluently as I could before, but still.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:51:48 PM by LadyAmorosaLuckyDulce »

Offline Locke

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Break beyond the ties that bind!
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2011, 09:51:48 PM »

Why are you all so old?
See, there is a problem with not just you, but alot of you. You think of things too logically.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2011, 10:00:20 PM »
^............wait awhile, you'll work it out ;)
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline urs

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2011, 10:10:39 PM »
Lady,

ummmm......yer perdy.

Do you speak other languages? Other than Spanish and English?

Ehh, I do have an intro. thread, but it doesn't provide much info. about myself. Heh, I was scared.

I only went to a high school (which had very good courses, I still wish I knew about them earlier, but my counselors sucked all the cock [excuse my French, but they did], but I did plenty well in school) in the suburbs. Unfortunately, although I am intellectually capable of having debates, discussions, and the like, I am very unfortunate. You see, I err... It's gonna sound silly, because anyone can claim to have ADD or ADHD, but I am an actual person that truly has ADHD. Do some research on it; I feel too lazy to explain what actual, honest-to-goodness ADHD is and how it works and messes up a person.

I was accepted into Baylor University, but I decided to choose happiness for once and married frofrodajimmyboy (he's a member here, he and I originally met on a video game forum, and we started dating IRL). I could always have done better in all my work, but the focus part was always a problem; if I focused too much on something, I disassociated. It has been said somewhere that the actual ADHD tends to manifest itself into people with high IQ's/intellectual capability, but that sounds silly. Too silly. It's as if the brain was not meant to be perfect. Hmm. I am dissapointed in this God fellow.

I totally get this. I have that, too!!! To a tee!!! I suffer from the "but you're so smart, why don't you have your shit together?" queries fairly regularly. I have wondered the same thing since fifth grade.

And yes, you are indeed, gorgeous. Great cheekbones, mah dear.

And my avatar is me. So yeah.