Author Topic: 10 Important Questions That every Intelligent Christian Must Answer [#518]  (Read 334 times)

Offline DL

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0

1.) Maybe because people have no faith that something this "extreme" could actually happen-even by God. (this is not God's fault that people dont have enough faith in him to be healed, maybe these amputees never wanted to call on God until they had to have something amputated. In fact the bible talks about these miracles happening in the past, maybe because those people actually believed, and spent their time pressing into God instead of making stupid videos about how he doesnt exist.)

2.) Because the people of the world turned away from God, they are now worshiping false idols, being homosexual, killing their babies in the womb...etc. The only time America wants to call on God is when there is a tragedy or something goes wrong. He gave us a free will to choose and yet so many people chose the wrong choices, therefore everyone in the world must suffer for those who couldnt obey God.
(read jerimiah 2:5-37)

3.) All of these verses you posted were from the old testiment meaning that at the starting of the new testiment these things no longer existed. God didnt say these things or they would have been written in Red. The person who wrote the book was describing a time in the past and what occured then.

4.) All of these appliances were made through technology by man, God created man, an intelligent being so that we could progress in life. And you have no evidence that God didnt create the world in 6 days. Actually, if you were informed on both sides of this subject you would know that there is actually more evidence proving that he did, than that he did not.

5.) Once again, the bible is like a story being told about the past (and future-nevertheless) God created man with a free will just because they chose to have slaves doesnt mean that God approved or was happy with this decision. In fact people sold others as slaves to get money, and doesnt God say that the love of money is the root of all evil?

6.) Because people are not good. the world is corrupt now. once again refer to Jerimiah 2:5-37.

7.) This is becoming a bit redundant. God gave us a free will to choose what we beileve, if he gave us all the answers that would defeat the purpose of sorting out those who have faith (which is the evidence of things unseen) and those who have none and deny God. That is like me having 10 friends and everytime they hangout with me i give them 1000 dollars. then one day i quit giving them money and see who is still there to be my best friend. It is sorting out the weaker from the the stronger (those who believe on their own accord.)

8.) Because Jesus is a spirit and if you are serious about him revealing himself to you then he will-to your heart and you will feel his presence. He is not flesh. you have a bible to look up all these stupid questions, why dont you use your bible to look up the answers. They are there.

9.) This is a metaphor and this verse was not ment to be taken literaly.

10.) Because christians are people too, they sin and fall short of the glory of God. Christians do not proclaim to be perfect. and christians are not Jesus. So what does this question have anything to do with God? We decide who we marry, we make decisions- you reap what you sow. This is their faults not Gods.

*** Use your bible, knowledge and time for things that are more important and that you actually know about. Thanks.

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Maybe because people have no faith that something this "extreme" could actually happen-even by God. (this is not God's fault that people dont have enough faith in him to be healed, maybe these amputees never wanted to call on God until they had to have something amputated. In fact the bible talks about these miracles happening in the past, maybe because those people actually believed, and spent their time pressing into God instead of making stupid videos about how he doesnt exist.)

Blaming the victim.  Further, just how do you know how much faith people need?  Utter failure.

Because the people of the world turned away from God, they are now worshiping false idols, being homosexual, killing their babies in the womb...etc. The only time America wants to call on God is when there is a tragedy or something goes wrong. He gave us a free will to choose and yet so many people chose the wrong choices, therefore everyone in the world must suffer for those who couldnt obey God.

What kind of cruel son of a bitch tortures everyone just because of the actions of a few?
And it is not true that we only call on God when there's a crisis.  Why, in my Catholic school, we thank God for all he does for us in no fewer than 6 of my 7 classes.

All of these verses you posted were from the old testiment meaning that at the starting of the new testiment these things no longer existed. God didnt say these things or they would have been written in Red. The person who wrote the book was describing a time in the past and what occured then.

Why's it still there then?

All of these appliances were made through technology by man, God created man, an intelligent being so that we could progress in life. And you have no evidence that God didnt create the world in 6 days. Actually, if you were informed on both sides of this subject you would know that there is actually more evidence proving that he did, than that he did not

Point me to this evidence (and no, Michael Behe doesn't count.  he's been refuted literally hundreds of times).  The burden of proof is on you to prove that God did make the world in six days. 

Once again, the bible is like a story being told about the past (and future-nevertheless) God created man with a free will just because they chose to have slaves doesnt mean that God approved or was happy with this decision. In fact people sold others as slaves to get money, and doesnt God say that the love of money is the root of all evil?

He gave 'em rules for slave owning!  Tell me that suggests that he doesn't approve.  Why didn't he tell them to, you know, let all the slaves free?

Because people are not good. the world is corrupt now. once again refer to Jerimiah

Who made them that way?

This is becoming a bit redundant. God gave us a free will to choose what we beileve, if he gave us all the answers that would defeat the purpose of sorting out those who have faith (which is the evidence of things unseen) and those who have none and deny God. That is like me having 10 friends and everytime they hangout with me i give them 1000 dollars. then one day i quit giving them money and see who is still there to be my best friend. It is sorting out the weaker from the the stronger (those who believe on their own accord.)

Why does God need to separate them?  Shouldn't he already know?  He's omniscent, you know.

Because Jesus is a spirit and if you are serious about him revealing himself to you then he will-to your heart and you will feel his presence. He is not flesh. you have a bible to look up all these stupid questions, why dont you use your bible to look up the answers. They are there.

Been there, done that, no luck.

This is a metaphor and this verse was not ment to be taken literaly.

Look up the pagan origins of this metaphor.

Because christians are people too, they sin and fall short of the glory of God. Christians do not proclaim to be perfect. and christians are not Jesus. So what does this question have anything to do with God? We decide who we marry, we make decisions- you reap what you sow. This is their faults not Gods.

because God is apparently unable to help marriages made in his name.  No, seriously, quit fooling around; what's your argument?
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
1.) Maybe because people have no faith that something this "extreme" could actually happen-even by God. (this is not God's fault that people dont have enough faith in him to be healed, maybe these amputees never wanted to call on God......

That's odd.  I was under the impression that Christians believe their god as omnipotent.  Is He omnipotent or not?  He can't be halfway.  Your god is falsifiable, thank you, goodbye.

2.) Because the people of the world turned away from God, they are now worshiping false idols, being homosexual, killing their babies in the womb...etc.

For being a god of infinite wisdom, good, love, and mercy your god has quite the strict admittance policy.  He loves all his creations, except that group, and that group, and definitely not that group.... catch my drift.  All loving but only selectively???

3.) All of these verses you posted were from the old testiment

Old Testament, New Testament... same god.

And you have no evidence that God didnt create the world in 6 days. Actually, if you were informed on both sides of this subject you would know that there is actually more evidence proving that he did, than that he did not.

Have you ever heard of radio dating and red shift?  Scientific tests to ascertain the age of the earth and universe.  Where's your proof for a Earth created in six days?  I would love to take a look and explain how wrong you are.

5.)God created man with a free will just because they chose to have slaves doesnt mean that God approved or was happy with this decision.

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.  (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)"- Taken from www.evilbible.com

There are more: http://www.evilbible.com/Slavery.htm
God certainly did approve of slavery and outlined many rules for the practice

...faith (which is the evidence of things unseen)

Definition of "faith" as found in the dictionary: "the belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion that is not based upon proof."  Faith is not the evidence of the unseen... it is the very lack of evidence of the unseen.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.