Author Topic: Forbidden words?  (Read 66 times)

Offline epidemic

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-26
Forbidden words?
« on: April 14, 2015, 07:17:30 AM »
Ok this site seems about as liberal as a site can be. 

I can write the F- bomb, the N-bomb, and any of the bad words I think.   But I keep finding random words that are not curses or offensive that yield a permission error.

1) Since it does not appear that there is an intention to block words on this site can this censoring feature be eliminated?
2) If not, Is it possible for the error to include the word that was offensive so I don't have to word by word hunt through a post to try to figure out what was offensive?

p@yday loans, p@wnshops, liquer stores, and tob@cco shops ring areas of poverty.  (***OK WTF WAS wrong with this sentence that was forbidden?***)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:22:08 AM by epidemic »

Offline jdawg70

• Fellow
  • Darwins +520/-9
  • Ex-rosary squad
Re: Forbidden words?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:50:59 AM »
I will PM you the secret for the price of a negative karma on this post.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline epidemic

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-26
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »
I will PM you the secret for the price of a negative karma on this post.

I am slowly figuring out what the problem is, it is word combinations probably associated with Spam filter of some sort.

That said, can we catch the offending string and post it in the error message so I do not have to dig through hundreds of words trying to play spam filter again to resolve the issue.  This has happened to me several times and it can be most frustrating trying to debug a post.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +781/-30
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 08:36:47 AM »
there are probably half a dozen threads on this topic.  There is one somewhere that people were experimenting and making a list of words.  It could be in this area or it could be in test.  You'd have to look around a bit.

but yes, it is a spam filter and it is managed by the host.  We have no ability to change it at this level.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.