Author Topic: Response to the question about amputees & healing  (Read 11944 times)

Offline Doctor X

Re: Response to the question about amputees & healing
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 04:08:29 AM »
So there is a possibilty [Sic--Ed.] a god exists?

That is either EVIL, INCOMPETENT, and/or IRRELEVANT, yes.

I will accept what you are saying for the present.

Unfortunately, you do not rule on her restraining orders. . . .

I think that is quite possible.

And quite IRRELEVANT.

But the whole basis on the WhyWontGodHealAmputees is that miracles are being worked with cancer etc.

No, it is not.

If God does exist would you expect human logic to apply.

Logic is not human.

If some aliens detonated a few neuclear bombs in 1800 then the explosives and chemistry experts of the day would be wasting their time trying to figure out how mountains were being moved.

Actually, they would figure it out.  Furthermore, I am unaware how that is relevant to my claim that Nicole's facets ache for my firm [Stop that!--Ed.] "fingers."  I was going to write "fingers!"  Sheesh!

So if God exists do you seriously believe that you can fathom the ways and methods of some being that could create the universe.

Of course.

The atheist view is on very weak ground.

But stronger than the one you are sinking in, son.

At least, last I looked through my telescope, Nicole exists. . . .

--J.D.

Offline Dinosaurs

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 04:30:27 AM »

That is either EVIL, INCOMPETENT, and/or IRRELEVANT, yes.

So you are not a 100% atheist.

And quite IRRELEVANT.

It is relevant because it/he/she might have created the universe, maybe the pre Big Banger. Or is your atheism only to the extent of formal religions, Bible and so on.

Logic is not human.

What powers or methods do you use to fathom out how God would work.

Actually, they would figure it out.  Furthermore, I am unaware how that is relevant to my claim that Nicole's facets ache for my firm [Stop that!--Ed.] "fingers."  I was going to write "fingers!"  Sheesh!

No they woudn't figure it out, that came much later.

Of course.

How you go about figuring out how God would work.

But stronger than the one you are sinking in, son.

A supernatural is the only viable solution for pre Big Bang.

Unless you have a solution that is not supernatural. I don't know what sort of physics you can use for pre Big Bang.
 :)

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 04:37:21 AM »
So you are not a 100% atheist.

Is that like being "100% pregnant?"

It is relevant because it/he/she might have created the universe, maybe the pre Big Banger.

. . . and . . . does . . . nothing.  Thus: IRRELEVANT.

Maybe Nicole Kidman secretly yearns for my Iron Fingers [Tm.--Ed.] but does not know how to contact me despite my repeated stalking.  Maybe Einstein would have been a phenomenal quarterback if only he played for Clemson in 1963.

Or is your atheism only to the extent of formal religions, Bible and so on.

You mean I should hope for Inanna's Temple Prostitutes? 

What powers or methods do you use to fathom out how God would work.

There is this thing called "rational thought."

No they woudn't figure it out, that came much later.

Ipse dixit but incorrect again.

How you go about figuring out how God would work.

Why when you have shown me no evidence of "work," son?

Sorry son, no.

Unless you have a solution that is not supernatural. I don't know what sort of physics you can use for pre Big Bang.
 :)

Perhaps you should, you know, study physics before pontificating on it?  But I forgot, you like to pontificate on the biblical texts without having read them.

Curious.

--J.D.

Offline Dinosaurs

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 04:47:11 AM »

Is that like being "100% pregnant?"

Many people who call themselves atheist are only "without theist" and by that I mean "God"

. . . and . . . does . . . nothing.  Thus: IRRELEVANT.

Maybe Nicole Kidman secretly yearns for my Iron Fingers [Tm.--Ed.] but does not know how to contact me despite my repeated stalking.  Maybe Einstein would have been a phenomenal quarterback if only he played for Clemson in 1963.

OK then, your atheism does not consider pre Big Bang.

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 04:51:52 AM »
people who call themselves atheist are only "without theist" and by that I mean "God"

Which god?  Why do you keep avoiding that question.  Most unseemly for you to demand answers whilst avoiding questions on multiple threads.

OK then, your atheism does not consider pre Big Bang.

--J.D.

Offline Dinosaurs

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 05:02:38 AM »
If I write God then the Abrahamic god.

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 05:05:21 AM »
If I write God then the Abrahamic god.

And which god would that be?

--J.D.

Offline Dinosaurs

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2011, 05:10:06 AM »
The one in King James and the one that was in the motel I stayed at last week.

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2011, 05:20:15 AM »
The one in King James

There is not one in the KJV.  Nevertheless, why would you use such a poor translation of such poor textual witnesses?

We know you are ignorant of basic science, are you this ignorant about biblical scholarship?

--J.D.

Offline Dinosaurs

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2011, 05:25:45 AM »
You are the same with the Bible as with the legless lizard....you don't know.

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 05:27:38 AM »
You are not playing my ignorant games.

I know.

--J.D.

Offline Dinosaurs

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 05:32:05 AM »
Thank you

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 05:38:28 AM »

Offline Dinosaurs

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2011, 05:42:16 AM »
Thanks again.

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2011, 05:45:13 AM »
Bad man!  Bad man!  I need an adult!

Relax.

--J.D.

Offline frofrodajimmyboy

• Graduate
  • Darwins +6/-2
  • What he said >
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2011, 05:29:32 PM »
Ah...  So THIS is how the dinosaurs went extinct!

Offline Vivisectus

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »
I have a story to tell too:

In my bum there lives a lovely little gnome that comes out at night and plays polkas on a tiny accordion. You are simply going to have to take this on trust, because no-one who went looking for it ever got a glimpse of it. My wife says she heard of a woman who saw it and had a conversation with it, but she lost her phone number so unfortunately we cannot check up on that. In fact, many people see and talk to my little brown gnome, but people just don't believe them and it never gets any airtime on TV.

This is a pity, as it is very important to believe in the little gnome, as he is a vital component of everyone's well being and if it wasn't for my little gnome, everyone would immediately become sociopathic serial-rapists.

What, when you get right down to it, is the logical difference between your story and mine? The levels of evidence, the actual reason to believe, is identical in both stories. The only reason to believe would be wanting to believe.

It is a foine loine between a poirate and a farrrmer. Oi stand astroid that foine loine.

Offline Vivisectus

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2011, 06:54:40 PM »

Unless you have a solution that is not supernatural. I don't know what sort of physics you can use for pre Big Ban

ha! - and a supernatural being is more likely than anything else? That makes no sense. You use the logical problem of anything pre-existing before existence itself to discard everything else, but not god. The point is that we cannot say anything rational about existence before existence began. That includes any magical being.

If in stead you mean to use those words in a sort of mystical sense, then it has no place in a rational debate as mysticism has no real distinction between true and false.
It is a foine loine between a poirate and a farrrmer. Oi stand astroid that foine loine.

Offline MrBigToe

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2011, 01:43:54 AM »
Question 1: Why won’t God heal amputees?

For God to heal an amputee WOULD be a miracle. To grow a limb would draw attention by the whole world. I have heard a story at least of a man, going to a fountain with a shrine of Mary, stepping into the water. Before a whole witness of people, his leg grew back. Jesus said “A wicked and adulterous generation seeks signs.” He also said “beware of false prophets that go healing and preaching in my name.”

Question 2: Why are there so many starving people in our world?

God is a righteous God. He makes perfect judgment of all things. First off, when God punished Adam, He said “I will curse the ground for thy sake…” This doesn’t explain the starving, right? When God chose Abraham, He said “I will bless him that blesses thee, and I will curse thee that curseth thee.” This meant that anyone that did wrong to His people, He would curse them. God does not mess around.

Question 3: Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people?

You clearly don’t know the nature of these crimes. In that time, there was only the law and the law condemns. If a man worked on the Sabbath, it was in direct disobedience of God. The seventh day was meant to praise God in prayer and meditation. God does not like compromises. Second, if a teenager rebelled enough to be stoned, it was really outrageous. I don’t know what exactly, but people have sinned and because of that usually do sacrifice. I read it; it says “…he is a glutton, and a drunkard.” As for homosexuals- God made woman to be man’s companion. Together they make offspring. A man and a man CANNOT make a baby. God is disgusted by those things. It is an abomination before His sight—read Romans 1:22-28. When a person sinned, they brought sin into the people of God, fornication (sex before marriage) is a sin. None of these people are innocent, because “…there is no good, no not one…” “…for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” When Jesus died, these laws lost their power. Man is still condemned by the law, but through Jesus, he is saved by grace and therefore cannot sin in his soul.

Question 4: Why does the Bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?

My question to you—Why is it that “The Big Bang” and evolution contain so many anti-scientific nonsense?

Read these, they're fascinating.
http://www.chick.com/bc/2007/bigbang.asp

I guess any of these will do, but it is more interesting to read through them.
http://www.chick.com/information/evolution/

Question 5: Why is God such a proponent of slavery in the Bible?

To further this, I must say, I one question you imply that Christians believe in an all powerful being that doesn’t do miracles for amputees. But in this one, you disclaim the all powerful part, because it doesn’t fit with you ranting. God can control the water and the dirt itself. He created it by speaking after all.
The verses you gave don’t say slave in my Bible.  They say servant--in Geneses, it says “…bought with money from a stranger.” I don’t know why. I think that even they would be counted by people, for God said that they too shall have rewards for their servitude.
God did make His people subject to slavery many times, due to their rebellious nature (orgies, praising idols, sacrificing [killing] babies for false idols, other human sacrifice, killing, raping, sodomizing, drinking in excess, cursing His name.]

Question 6: Why do bad things happen to good people?

This is popular in movies and shows isn’t it? Well, there are NO GOOD people. “…all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” As for death—“for sin came into the earth by one man and by sin, death came also.” In the end, death itself, will be cast into the lake of fire.
What posses a man to kill another person? What posses another to rape a woman—to rob and beat an elderly couple? God gave mankind free will to love Him; He gave mankind rules in which to keep them safe. It’s mankind’s fault, He didn’t listen.

Question 7: Why didn’t any of Jesus’ miracles in the Bible leave any evidence?

Here is another question—Why did so much of the theories of evolution leave any evidence?
Most likely Jesus’ miracles didn’t stay was because they were done on people or with food. Food decays and people die and also decay. I guess if you don’t believe the Bible, you won’t believe all the historical documents of the Jews. They recorded miraculous healings that could only be done by the messiah--things that have never been done before.

Question 8: How would you explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?

There have been occurrences were people have been sure that they have seen Jesus, Mary, or other creatures of heaven before them. Jesus warns us of false christs that come preaching, showing signs and miracles—false prophets. If a person appeared before me showing signs and miracles, I would know instantly that it is an anti-christ, not Jesus.

Question 9: Why would Jesus want you to eat His body and drink His blood?

No He doesn’t. He said “eat and drink these things in REMEMBERANCE of me.” What you are thinking of is Catholic, not Christian. A ceremony borrowed from the Egyptian sun god “Baal.” I can see that you don’t have any understanding.

Question 10: Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians?

I don’t know if you mean Christians, or all those that claim to be Christians. In the end, Christians are just saved sinners. They still live in their fleshly bodies, and struggle with sin. Maybe God doesn’t use His power to keep couples together, because He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family. It could also be that free-will thing, also.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:49:36 AM by jetson »

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2011, 03:47:25 AM »
Question 1: Why won’t God heal amputees?[size]

Correspondence in a larger font does not increase the validity of your response any more than using a new font or ALL CAPS CONVINCES US SO YOU SHOULD CEASE USING THE TACTIC, SON.

To grow a limb would draw attention by the whole world.

And this is a "bad thing?"  Does not your god condemn people for not worshiping him with an appropriate level of servile abasement?

I have heard a story

We are not interested in "stories," son.  Provide the evidence.

Jesus said

He did not say that.  But are you a false prophet then?

God is a righteous God.

How is this "righteous?"

1 Sam 15:3: "Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."

Ordering the slaughtering of infants?

First off, when God punished Adam,

You know that is a fairy tale, yes?  Did not actually happen?

You clearly don’t know the nature of these crimes.

What crime did the infants commit son?

My question to you—Why is it that “The Big Bang” and evolution contain so many anti-scientific nonsense?

Answer: they do not.

FAIL

Chick?  BWA!HA!HA!HA!  No . . . you cannot be serious!  You must be a joke!  Please tell me you are not this stupid.

In fact, I am not going to bother crushing you further, because, unlike your fairy tale, it is unseemly for Gentlemen to abuse the mentally retarded.

--J.D.

Offline Lurking

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm way too old to be a student
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2011, 03:50:23 AM »
For God to heal an amputee WOULD be a miracle.
Lots of churches, pastors, etc. claim that god heals diseases. They claim that these are miracles. They even make millions out of that. They claim god does miracles! Even your Bible states that if you ask your god you can move mountains. A miracle. Our question is: why doesn’t he heal amputees too?
  To grow a limb would draw attention by the whole world.
And this is a bad thing? Why? Doesn’t your holy book state that your god loves everyone and wants to save everyone? Regrowing a limb would be a perfect opportunity to show the whole wild world that he exists. 
I have heard a story at least of a man, going to a fountain with a shrine of Mary, stepping into the water. Before a whole witness of people, his leg grew back.
We’ve all heard lots of stories. I’ve even heard a story about some guy who was his own father. Fancy that. I didn't believe that story for a second. To believe the story we need verifiable evidence, though. Any references where we can check it for ourselves?  Without that it is just a story and probably not true.
  Jesus said “A wicked and adulterous generation seeks signs.” He also said “beware of false prophets that go healing and preaching in my name.”
No, your holy book claims that a guy called Jesus says that. Huge difference.

The rest of your answers are all just the same nonsense, repeating a few verses in your holy book. There’s one where I do want to comment on, though:
Question 4: Why does the Bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense? My question to you—Why is it that “The Big Bang” and evolution contain so many anti-scientific nonsense?
What, are you claiming that the sciences of cosmology and biology are “anti-scientific”?
http://www.chick.com/bc/2007/bigbang.asp[/u][/b][/b]
  An article on a website called Chick Tracts! The author is one Thomas Heinze. Who the hell is he? Anyway, the article starts with the sentence:
Quote from: Thomas Heinz
The Big Bang is the idea that “nothing” exploded and formed everything: the elements, galaxies, solar systems, the earth, and even complex molecules which eventually came together to form life.
This is completely untrue. A big, fat, bold, ugly lie. The Big Bang Theory states no such thing. Why believe someone called Thomas Heinze who unashamedly lies?
http://www.chick.com/information/evolution/ Scientific Proof.

Great, the first link on this refers to the same liar from the first link you gave. No thanks. Rather not read more lies. The question still remains: why believe a book like the Bible when it contains so much anti-scientific nonsense? Referring to any scientific theory is not going to change the fact that your Bible contains anti-scientific nonsense. Why does it contain that nonsense?

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2011, 03:56:39 AM »
I guess he believes the Earth is flat. 

The Bible being scientific and all.

--J.D.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2011, 09:19:01 AM »
For God to heal an amputee WOULD be a miracle. To grow a limb would draw attention by the whole world. I have heard a story at least of a man, going to a fountain with a shrine of Mary, stepping into the water. Before a whole witness of people, his leg grew back. Jesus said “A wicked and adulterous generation seeks signs.” He also said “beware of false prophets that go healing and preaching in my name.”

This does nothing to answer the question.  Why would signs and miracles be a bad thing?  This sounds exactly like god doesn't exist, but you still insist that he does.

God is a righteous God. He makes perfect judgment of all things. First off, when God punished Adam, He said “I will curse the ground for thy sake…” This doesn’t explain the starving, right? When God chose Abraham, He said “I will bless him that blesses thee, and I will curse thee that curseth thee.” This meant that anyone that did wrong to His people, He would curse them. God does not mess around.

Again, complete nonanswer.  So you quote the bible in an attempt to woo-woo us so we don't notice the nonanswer.  That may work for your pastor, but it won't work here.

You clearly don’t know the nature of these crimes. In that time, there was only the law and the law condemns. If a man worked on the Sabbath, it was in direct disobedience of God. The seventh day was meant to praise God in prayer and meditation. God does not like compromises. Second, if a teenager rebelled enough to be stoned, it was really outrageous. I don’t know what exactly, but people have sinned and because of that usually do sacrifice. I read it; it says “…he is a glutton, and a drunkard.” As for homosexuals- God made woman to be man’s companion. Together they make offspring. A man and a man CANNOT make a baby. God is disgusted by those things. It is an abomination before His sight—read Romans 1:22-28. When a person sinned, they brought sin into the people of God, fornication (sex before marriage) is a sin. None of these people are innocent, because “…there is no good, no not one…” “…for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” When Jesus died, these laws lost their power. Man is still condemned by the law, but through Jesus, he is saved by grace and therefore cannot sin in his soul.

After all that, you still don't think your god is a little kooky for demanding the death of so many?  Wow. 

Seriously?!  Chick Track?  Surely, you can't be serious!

FAIL.

To further this, I must say, I one question you imply that Christians believe in an all powerful being that doesn’t do miracles for amputees. But in this one, you disclaim the all powerful part, because it doesn’t fit with you ranting. God can control the water and the dirt itself. He created it by speaking after all.
The verses you gave don’t say slave in my Bible.  They say servant--in Geneses, it says “…bought with money from a stranger.” I don’t know why. I think that even they would be counted by people, for God said that they too shall have rewards for their servitude.
God did make His people subject to slavery many times, due to their rebellious nature (orgies, praising idols, sacrificing [killing] babies for false idols, other human sacrifice, killing, raping, sodomizing, drinking in excess, cursing His name.]

The first part is classic example of cafeteria christian.

As for the second part... one wonder why god never does that today.  Has he mellowed out since then?

This is popular in movies and shows isn’t it? Well, there are NO GOOD people. “…all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” As for death—“for sin came into the earth by one man and by sin, death came also.” In the end, death itself, will be cast into the lake of fire.
What posses a man to kill another person? What posses another to rape a woman—to rob and beat an elderly couple? God gave mankind free will to love Him; He gave mankind rules in which to keep them safe. It’s mankind’s fault, He didn’t listen.

More preaching nonsense.

Here is another question—Why did so much of the theories of evolution leave any evidence?

Somehow, I don't think this is the question you intended to ask.

Most likely Jesus’ miracles didn’t stay was because they
were done on people or with food. Food decays and people die and also decay. I guess if you don’t believe the Bible, you won’t believe all the historical documents of the Jews. They recorded miraculous healings that could only be done by the messiah--things that have never been done before.

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

There have been occurrences were people have been sure that they have seen Jesus, Mary, or other creatures of heaven before them. Jesus warns us of false christs that come preaching, showing signs and miracles—false prophets. If a person appeared before me showing signs and miracles, I would know instantly that it is an anti-christ, not Jesus.

So when Jesus returns for the second coming, are you going to ignore him, claiming he's the anti-christ?  After all, Jesus showed signs and miracles the first time, one would think he'll do it the second time.

No He doesn’t. He said “eat and drink these things in REMEMBERANCE of me.” What you are thinking of is Catholic, not Christian. A ceremony borrowed from the Egyptian sun god “Baal.” I can see that you don’t have any understanding.

Just the ol' OneTrueChristianism.TM  The Catholic will also say that they are the OneTrueChristians; what makes your claim better than theirs?

I don’t know if you mean Christians, or all those that claim to be Christians. In the end, Christians are just saved sinners. They still live in their fleshly bodies, and struggle with sin. Maybe God doesn’t use His power to keep couples together, because He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family. It could also be that free-will thing, also.

*sign*  More OneTrueChristianism and nonanswers.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2011, 09:37:57 AM »
I suppose it is pointless to note that Ba'al was not an Egyptian god.  Actually, he was an epithet--"lord"--that "broke off" from the god Hadad.

--J.D.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:39:48 AM by Doctor X »

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »

aww, my favorite Christian excuse.  I love when they ignore that their god had no problem with doign miracles before, so why not now?
This meant that anyone that did wrong to His people, He would curse them. God does not mess around.[/size]
glad to see that you think children can "do" things to whole nations.

Sorry, but the same science you use everyday is the same science that supports the BB and evolutionary theory.  So, fail for you unless you do want to give up using modern medicine, computers, etc.  Love you, little hypocrite!

and my goodness, Chick tracts!  I do love the lies this poor man spreads. I guess he, and you never read Romans 3 where it says God really doesn't like liars who think they can lie *for* him.  Gee, I play D&D.  oooh, I have REAL magical spells ;D 

These guys are a hoot!
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline jtk73

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-1
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2011, 12:27:15 PM »

By fascinating do you mean batshit crazy?

But if your god created mankind (and therefor you and me) then it is god's fault that we are sinful. He/it set up the game and made up the rules. How can we be held responsible for his/it's mistakes?

It doesn't matter. It is still supposed to be representative of his flesh and blood. It is cannibalism or at least symbolic of cannibalism.

Offline Larissa238

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2011, 02:02:34 PM »

CONTRADICTION!
Mark 9:38-41
ohn said to him, "Teacher, we saw someone who doesn't follow us casting out demons in your name; and we forbade him, because he doesn't follow us."
But Jesus said, "Don't forbid him, for there is no one who will do a mighty work in my name, and be able quickly to speak evil of me. For whoever is not against us is on our side. For whoever will give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because you are Christ's, most certainly I tell you, he will in no way lose his reward.

Random guy casting out demon's in Jesus' name... All A-OK with Jesus here!

Question 2: Why are there so many starving people in our world?

So... what did an infant dying of starvation in Somalia do to the Jews? (The Jews are God's people). Even if you don't agree with that, then, what did that poor infant do to Christians?

Question 3: Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people?

You clearly don’t know the nature of these crimes. In that time, there was only the law and the law condemns. (1) If a man worked on the Sabbath, it was in direct disobedience of God. The seventh day was meant to praise God in prayer and meditation. God does not like compromises. (2) Second, if a teenager rebelled enough to be stoned, it was really outrageous. I don’t know what exactly, but people have sinned and because of that usually do sacrifice. I read it; it says “…he is a glutton, and a drunkard.” (3) As for homosexuals- God made woman to be man’s companion. Together they make offspring. A man and a man CANNOT make a baby. God is disgusted by those things. It is an abomination before His sight—read Romans 1:22-28. When a person sinned, they brought sin into the people of God, fornication (sex before marriage) is a sin. None of these people are innocent, because “…there is no good, no not one…” “…for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” When Jesus died, these laws lost their power. (4) Man is still condemned by the law, but through Jesus, he is saved by grace and therefore cannot sin in his soul.
(bolded numbers mine)

1. So... we should kill anybody that works on Sunday? Or Saturday? Which is the "true" Sabbath? This is an important question, since we are going to be killing people over it. And hey... doesn't your pastor work on the Sabbath? His job requires him to get up there and preach, so he's working on the Sabbath and has to be killed. I guess it's your duty to inform him of his sins.

2. You are using your Magic Decoder ring on this. It just says "glutton and drunkard" and disobedient. So any obese kid that speaks back to his parents and dips into the alcohol supply should be stoned? It doesn't say anywhere about the "severity of the sin"

3. Actually, the way it started out in Genesis was that animals should have been man's companions. When that didn't work out, God made rib-girl. See Genesis 2:18-19. Not until verse 22 did Eve come along. Adam was created with a penis (God didn't say anything about adding that just for Eve), and his companions were to be animals. So, God created Man to have sex with animals, not women.
Also, what about infertile people? Should an impotent man not be allowed to get married since no children will come of it? When couples get to that stage in their marriage when sex isn't a regular thing anymore, do they have to get divorced? When a woman reaches menopause, and can't have any more children, she can't get married either?

4. James 2:26 "Faith without deeds is dead"- We are not saved by grace alone. Actually, if you really read your Bible, there are many different and conflicting things on exactly how one is "saved" and stays that way. The Sinner's Prayer? Not in the Bible. Baptism as a child? Not in the Bible. One place says all you have to do is have faith, and then James comes along and spits on that. Really, he does. Read James 2:14-26. He's pretty thorough on how you have to have deeds to be saved.

Question 4: Why does the Bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?

Others have already pointed out the worthlessness of these Chick Tracts. But, since you are so knowledgeable, please inform me, a person with a Bachelors in Biology from the University of Southern California (adding this out of pride.. the #27 school in the country when I went there), about all this "anti-scientific nonsense" in evolution. Be prepared to talk about comparative anatomy, physiology, genomes, DNA structure, proteins, shared genes, telomeres, and much, much more. These are not big words to scare you. They all have merit and prove the theory of evolution.

Question 5: Why is God such a proponent of slavery in the Bible?
<snip- not even going to go into this... others have or will cover it>

My sister tried to have a baby. She had a miscarriage. She was 5 months along. I don't know your exact views, but if you are like 99.999999999% of other Christians out there, you believe that her baby had a soul at that point. So, what sin did this fetus do? It didn't have enough of a brain to think about sin... so what exactly did her fetus do wrong, to have it die?

Question 7: Why didn’t any of Jesus’ miracles in the Bible leave any evidence?

Most likely Jesus’ miracles didn’t stay was because they were done on people or with food. Food decays and people die and also decay. I guess if you don’t believe the Bible, you won’t believe all the historical documents of the Jews. They recorded miraculous healings that could only be done by the messiah--things that have never been done before.

So, Jesus was incapable of doing what he said in Matthew 17:20? " I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." If his followers could have enough faith to move a mountain, why didn't Jesus?

Question 8: How would you explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?

When you talk to Jesus (or God) that's prayer. When God talks to you, that's schizophrenia.

So a Catholic is not a Christian? I thought a Christian was someone who believed in Christ? You better get the pope on the line- his deity has been stolen!

Question 10: Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians?

Ah, yes, the OneTrueChristianTM argument.

Okay. Stop. I just read that again. I'm going to re-quote for the sake of argument.

He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family.

So, if I decide to spend time with my husband to talk and grow our relationship instead of going to church, that's reason for divorce? I think I have a sig, finally.
On why Christians and non-Christians have the same rate of divorce:

He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »

So, if I decide to spend time with my husband to talk and grow our relationship instead of going to church, that's reason for divorce? I think I have a sig, finally.

I can't believe I missed that the first time around.  :o   That's just pure gold! 

On the flip side, the bible would seem to agree with this idea.

Luke 14:26
If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

Of course, you'll hear the "he really meant you'll love Jesus *that* much" BS.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline MrBigToe

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2011, 04:05:03 PM »
Anyone who is blind to the fact that evolution and the "Big Bang" are scientific, obviously aren't clued in to the big scientists. They say it is a joke. Ha ha ha, I can't believe anyone believes that anymore...