Author Topic: Policy Change Regarding Anonymous Staff Accounts  (Read 4002 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Re: Policy Change Regarding Anonymous Staff Accounts
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2010, 04:50:28 PM »
That's because I'm twice as smart as Moderator Eleven.   ;D
True. But you're also twice as ugly. But who's counting? ;)

I also have twice as many photographs of myself with gorgeous movie stars.  That's more important than brains or looks.

Actually, no, that's not right... I have two such photos (Claudia Christian and Katee Sackhoff), and you have none at all.  That's not 200 percent more, it's infinity percent more.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
  • The Forum is made of its members.
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 04:54:17 PM »
Yes yes. But I have hundreds of photos of me sucking off donkeys. So, aside from that making me -obviously- superior in every way, you can kiss my fat hairy balls. Go ahead and kiss em, sucker. BLEH!  :laugh:
I've left WWGHA now, so do everyone else a favour and don't bother replying to my old posts and necromancing my threads.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 07:52:06 PM »
Agga:
And out fell your mate.

Gosh. Really? Gosh.

That doesn't compute at all. It really doesn't. One example springs to mind; during my altercation with Ambassador Pony, you were very critical of me by PM speaking as Agga (you said you were surprised I wasn't in the ER, remember?), yet totally supportive of me by PM as Mod_11. What... er.. why... er.. how...?

And you joined the Hatch after me... but you must have known about it all along... so your surprise and gratitude for being invited in was all a charade?

Gosh.

Who, perhaps, won't be your mate anymore.
Well. I'm not angry or anything... and I'm not hurt by the deception because I accepted back in August that the system involved a little white lying... and I'm not feeling tooo stupid for having no idea about you.......  I just didn't think that I would unlucky enough to make friends with one of the Global Moderators.

And we are kind of friends, aren't we, Agga? That is your real name you sent me, and your real telephone number? (Not that I've given you my number yet - I'm slow to trust, Agga. Ya wonder why?  ;) )

Hopefully things won't change.
On the contrary - nothing ever stays the same.

Bottom line is, I'm glad you don't need to do any of that charade anymore.

Happy New Year, mate.

Offline Larissa238

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2010, 08:26:13 PM »
On the contrary, thank you, L. Glad to have you aboard. :)

Much appreciated. I wanted to smite you all those times you asked but didn't know you well enough to feel comfortable doing it. I'll just have to pretend to smite you now. :)
On why Christians and non-Christians have the same rate of divorce:

He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family.

Offline Str82Hell

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2010, 10:05:57 PM »
I've always thought that Eleven was a female, because all posts were ended with "Eleven", which felt a little comfortable, and feminine. Or does Agga have big boobs and isn't he/she overweight?

Anyway, I still need some school names.
Quote from: George Bernard Shaw
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »
you have got to be kidding, is this SCTV?  fuck, thank god I am drunk.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well happy new year and the cats out of the bag... I think?  :o
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2010, 11:51:43 PM »
That doesn't compute at all. It really doesn't. One example springs to mind; during my altercation with Ambassador Pony, you were very critical of me by PM speaking as Agga (you said you were surprised I wasn't in the ER, remember?), yet totally supportive of me by PM as Mod_11. What... er.. why... er.. how...?
Yup. That's as good an example as any. I acted a role as a mod and took on a different mindset, seeing things from two points of view simultaneously, but both were honest from each point of view. As a mod I had a job to do and spoke to you from that persona. As your mate I told you that I thought you were a twat.
There are many examples in the ER where I did the same.

I found it quite easy to separate Eleven from Agga and be detached from each personality, depending on my role at that time. However, I did all with as much integrity as possible and never lied to anyone.

I suppose you do a similar thing when you're doing your job, as it requires a professional facia at the time.

Likewise, in my old job, there were people that I really felt like helping because they were nice people who were just trying to get by claiming benefits that they weren't entitled to, but as an investigator I had to come down on them like a ton of bricks. As 'Alf' I've got a soft heart, but as 'Officer Murphy' (yes yes.. place jokes about that title on the waiting list with all the other's) ;) I took on a much more serious, professional persona.

And you joined the Hatch after me... but you must have known about it all along... so your surprise and gratitude for being invited in was all a charade?
Actually, no. I knew about it as soon as I became a mod, but I was genuinely surprised that I was voted in as a member (because I'm a bit of a twat myself), so that was sincere. In fact everything I did was sincere as I wasn't really 'me' (Alf/Agga) when I used my mod account. As a member I'm a lot more jovial and relaxed. And cheeky. But that's Saaarf Laaandaaaners for ya, pal. ;)

Well. I'm not angry or anything... and I'm not hurt by the deception because I accepted back in August that the system involved a little white lying... and I'm not feeling tooo stupid for having no idea about you.......  I just didn't think that I would unlucky enough to make friends with one of the Global Moderators.
Heh! We were mates long before I became a mod. Don't feel even slighty stupid mate. Some people were convinced that Eleven was Hermes (a few, in fact). I've already had some hate PM's now that the veil's been lifted. ;)

Hopefully you'll come to realise that I didn't deceive you. If you think I have we should probably talk about it some time as I pride myself on being a  pretty honest bloke.

And we are kind of friends, aren't we, Agga? That is your real name you sent me, and your real telephone number? (Not that I've given you my number yet - I'm slow to trust, Agga. Ya wonder why?  ;) )
Yep that's my real name and phone number. What's the worst you could do with it? I suppose you could start telephone stalking me, but I could change my number. You seem like a trustworthy enough bloke, anyway, and you've been through the mill lately.

Bottom line is, I'm glad you don't need to do any of that charade anymore.
Me too. I'm glad I haven't got to mod the forum anymore, too, as the amount of shit you have to take (especially as a GM) is a bit wearying. Still, it's probably best that I resigned because HAL can make the changes he wants without having the hassle of dealing with my outrageously irritating  questioning skills.

Happy New Year, mate.
Yeah you too palster. It's 04:30 and I've woken up with a major hangover, so I'm just waiting for the Alkaseltzer and Anadin to kick in before going back to sleep.

Cheers for ya nice PM by the way you lucky, lucky boy. ;)
I've left WWGHA now, so do everyone else a favour and don't bother replying to my old posts and necromancing my threads.

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2010, 11:56:13 PM »
Much appreciated. I wanted to smite you all those times you asked but didn't know you well enough to feel comfortable doing it. I'll just have to pretend to smite you now. :)
You could always join those who've recently told me to have intercourse with myself over PM's. I don't mind. I can take it. ;)

I've always thought that Eleven was a female,
Only on the inside. ;)

Or does Agga have big boobs and isn't he/she overweight?
I'm afraid to say that, due to much inactivity of late, I do have boobs. Man-boobs. And I am overwight. But that all ends from today onwards.  :P

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2011, 12:34:07 AM »
I don't like this change.  With the mods invisible and powerful it gave me faith in the Gods.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2011, 12:47:56 AM »
Wow, Agga.  You had me totally fooled. 

I was hoping 11's alternate wouldn't leave the forum. 

You did a great job moderating.   :)
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2011, 01:00:34 AM »
I am 020.

I miss the icon and the sig. 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2011, 01:09:55 AM »
<------ 019

"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2011, 01:18:09 AM »

He kind of is.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2011, 06:42:33 AM »
Wow, Agga.  You had me totally fooled.

Not me... in fact, it was so obvious to me that a month or so ago, I PM'ed Eleven saying, "Hey, man, you might want to change your behavior on the forums a bit... it's just a *little* too obvious that you're Agga."  Of course, he neither confirmed nor denied what I was saying, but an interesting conversation ensued where he tried to figure out how I knew without admitting that I was right.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »
I was hoping 11's alternate wouldn't leave the forum. 
Alas, I probably will be what with the way the changes to the Hatch are being managed. That doesn't seem like it has an ounce of integrity behind it, to me. I'm wondering if what's been said in the Admin area will also be revealed to the members, too.

You did a great job moderating.   :)
Thanks very much mate. I echo that back to you. :)

He kind of is.
Which is exactly why you've been trying to get in my pants knickers for weeks, isn't it? ;)

Not me...
Yes but you have an IQ of about 4000,000 so it was only a matter of time.

Besides, all anyone had to do to figure it out was to compare the online stats and see almost identical times online for both Eleven and Agga.

That, and the fact that Eleven took over modding the ER from Agga, and that they were both in the same UK timezone, and that they were both a bit cheeky (which is what gave it away to you IIRC). Oh, and neither of them knew jack shit about science.  &)

Anyway, I'm not a number, I'm a free man..

Offline Str82Hell

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »
I'm afraid to say that, due to much inactivity of late, I do have boobs. Man-boobs. And I am overwight. But that all ends from today onwards.  :P
I'm so totally horny right now.
Quote from: George Bernard Shaw
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2011, 10:22:14 AM »
I'm so totally horny right now.
Just wander over to the Atheist corner and look up my real details in there. Then you can start stalking me. ;)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »
Not me...
Yes but you have an IQ of about 4000,000 so it was only a matter of time.

I relish the compliment.   :D

Besides, all anyone had to do to figure it out was to compare the online stats and see almost identical times online for both Eleven and Agga.

That, and the fact that Eleven took over modding the ER from Agga, and that they were both in the same UK timezone, and that they were both a bit cheeky (which is what gave it away to you IIRC). Oh, and neither of them knew jack shit about science.  &)

Eleven was the only mod/admin type person that I ever took any kind of an interest in, and that's only because Eleven took an interest in me.  As far as the others went, I never really even gave them much thought... I just assumed that they were probably regulars who posted their views under a standard name and posted mod matters under their mod/admin names, and beyond that, I pretty much just disregarded the whole thing.

Even at that, though, I never bothered to try to do any kind of research about who Eleven was because it just wasn't important to me.  I'm a busy man with all kinds of stuff on my plate, and it didn't seem worth the effort to delve into it, especially since the result would have simply been, "Yeah, OK, Eleven is Agga, and after having spent x number of hours deducing that, what I've gained is... oh, right.  Nothing."

Anyway, I'm not a number, I'm a free man..

Heh.  Did I ever tell you that I visited The Village on Spring Break back in '95?  It was a really neat experience.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2011, 10:44:48 AM »
Thanks for your questions on the new policy. As there have been no more questions on the actual policy, and it's straightforward, we are closing this announcement.

Thanks for your participation on WWGHA.