Author Topic: Hi [#26]  (Read 766 times)

Offline DL

Hi [#26]
« on: July 23, 2008, 07:30:03 AM »
" The teaching about the cross is foolishness to those who are being lost , but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

1 CORINTHIANS 1:18

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
Re: Hi [#26]
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:58:45 AM »
"Imagine the ego of the human race, to consider themselves so grand, as to warrant a creator worthy of praise." - Robert Brunswick Jr.

"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:09:23 AM »
" The teaching about the cross is foolishness to those who are being lost , but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Yeah, about that power--is it anything like the power of one of those "free energy" machines? Because they also make unsubstantiated claims about power, and they're pretty foolish.

Talk about things for which you can provide evidence. Otherwise, you're not really engaging in a conversation.
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 11:20:58 AM »
What's with all the quotes lately?
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 02:05:59 PM »
What's with all the quotes lately?

On the old forum I once started a thread where you had to contribute a skeptical quote. It was pretty popular for a while. We should do that again. Is that going to be allowed?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:25:26 PM by Codswallop »
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 02:19:22 PM »

Pesky bible quoters, so much do as I say and not as I do. Have you done this, OP?

"As he was setting out on a journey, a man ran up and knelt before him, and asked him, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. You know the commandments: You shall not murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; You shall not defraud; Honor your father and mother." He said to him, "Teacher, I have kept all these since my youth." Jesus looking at him, loved him and said, "You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me." When he heard this, he was shocked and went away grieving, for he had many possessions."

Or this?

"For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."  (Matthew 19:12 ASV)

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/