Author Topic: In All My Years...  (Read 55 times)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
In All My Years...
« on: August 30, 2014, 07:53:44 PM »
...at imdb.com (13) I have never received a personal message until now.

It's about the film "God's Not Dead (2014)":

.first off,, insulting others online is not a food way to get respect or prove your point, kid. but hey call anytime you get some real courage to discuss the movie, God's not dead'... and yes, Kevin deserves and Oscar for his performance, atheists are really like that in real life.. period. ..so it's not idiotic".. ok kid. get it?

...call anytime [removed].. didn't think so lol.. coz i can answer all your questions, but what's the point lol.. you're in denial like the rest of the haters..and God's not dead is one of the years best movies..period

Topic he's responding to:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2528814/board/flat/232829538?d=233527025#233527025

His comment:

..so in the real world, there are no evil and mean people? ..course there are, and worse. This was a very thoughtful provoking movie and entertaining.

..The characters were not over the top lol.. if anything, their actions just scratched the surface of what they were really like inside. But very believable

- I've debated with atheists' in the past, and they were as bitter and angry as Kevin Sorbo's character and worse.

...Kevin Sorbo delivered an Oscar worthy performance, yes, that's right, an Oscar worthy performance. His character and performance was spot on. Many atheists are very bitter and attack anyone who believes in God, when deep down inside, atheists are really angry with God because somewhere in their lives, God has let them down in their eyes. And they lost someone to a sickness or murder, and God didn't save that person. Well, God has his reasons, period. God is not some magic show that re appears when we need him. He does not promise a pain free life.

- Dean Cain's character is a selfish greedy self serving jerk too, and very convincing. AND he was also bitter and was scared to look for real love, that's why he gives that woman a lame cop out excuse of what HIS idea of love is. All he did was use her for one night stands and hook ups. She obviously got too attached. Very believable.

- the Muslim dad. Yes many other cultures around the world treat their family members like this and throw them out on the streets and disown them. The scenes when he back hands her in the face were brutal to watch, but very realistic. The second half of the movie is very emotional.

- the blonde girl friend, Kara, was really just selfish inside too and too worried about her relationship with her boy friend and him losing his future and college credits. Many so called girl friends are like this. She did not see the purpose obviously in the debate. What she didn't realize was all followers of God must take a stand to defend God's name when it's time.

- *Mathew 10:32 - "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven."

...It gets it's point across very well. The whole theme of the movie is about keeping your faith and never hiding it, and don't ever denounce God for anyone or anything, period. This is one of the best of 2014.

My comment(s):

.so in the real world, there are no evil and mean people? ..course there are, and worse. This was a very thoughtful provoking movie and entertaining.

Sure there are but that's not what this film teaches. It teaches Christians are good, atheists are evil. Not some, not a few, all atheists are evil.

..The characters were not over the top lol.. if anything, their actions just scratched the surface of what they were really like inside. But very believable

Films are not believable. They are made primarily for two reasons: money, and entertainment. This film fails in entertainment because it is propagating a stereotype that: atheists are angry, evil people and Christians are victims: the persecuted. Answer me something: how does the majority get persecuted?

I've debated with atheists' in the past, and they were as bitter and angry as Kevin Sorbo's character and worse.

Every single one of them? And, are you implying Christians are never bitter and angry? Reading your comment you seem a little bit of both right now. Just an observation.

...Kevin Sorbo delivered an Oscar worthy performance, yes, that's right, an Oscar worthy performance. His character and performance was spot on. Many atheists are very bitter and attack anyone who believes in God, when deep down inside, atheists are really angry with God because somewhere in their lives, God has let them down in their eyes.

Idiotic, unbased, without a shred of evidence. How about all the people who never even heard about the Christian god who are atheist? Are they bitter and angry, too?

And they lost someone to a sickness or murder, and God didn't save that person. Well, God has his reasons, period. God is not some magic show that re appears when we need him. He does not promise a pain free life.

What if nothing tragic happened? What if they just found something without evidence (since as a Christian you believe on Faith not evidence) and it just seemed like every other fantasy told to them? Or perhaps they didn't agree with the overall message, and it just wasn't for them?

No, there's only "They secretly believe and are just evil angry people", right? Who is sounding angry and bitter now? I say you.

Dean Cain's character is a selfish greedy self serving jerk too, and very convincing. AND he was also bitter and was scared to look for real love, that's why he gives that woman a lame cop out excuse of what HIS idea of love is. All he did was use her for one night stands and hook ups. She obviously got too attached. Very believable.

So, all atheists treat women like that? Evidence?

the Muslim dad. Yes many other cultures around the world treat their family members like this and throw them out on the streets and disown them. The scenes when he back hands her in the face were brutal to watch, but very realistic. The second half of the movie is very emotional.

And Christians never do such things, right?

the blonde girl friend, Kara, was really just selfish inside too and too worried about her relationship with her boy friend and him losing his future and college credits. Many so called girl friends are like this. She did not see the purpose obviously in the debate. What she didn't realize was all followers of God must take a stand to defend God's name when it's time.

- *Mathew 10:32 - "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven."

...It gets it's point across very well. The whole theme of the movie is about keeping your faith and never hiding it, and don't ever denounce God for anyone or anything, period. This is one of the best of 2014.

You're right: one of Christianity's good examples of how much some who call themselves "Christian" hate and despise other people not like them.

-Nam

I think one could presume by my comments that I might be an atheist. It's funny how they don't pick up on that.

Oh, and what did I say that was insulting?  I have one other comment on the topic:

Go to a Christian website and say you're an atheist and they'll ban you in a second. Go to a Christian website not as the main Christian religion on that website and they will restrict you so much it's as if you're banned, or they'll just ban you.

You see, it's an equal hateful society all around. Of course not all websites are like that, nor are all people like that but if you just frequent those places then you're welcoming it.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php

That's an atheist website; the fundies are treated like fundies, trolls treated like trolls, and people just looking to discuss a topic treated as people just looking to discuss a topic.

They have a karma system. +/-. There are Christians there with more positives than negatives, and there are atheists with more negatives than positives. There are people like me who have a lot of positives but also a lot of negatives.

This film doesn't represent the vast majority of atheists because that website does. Atheists, in respect of being good people or bad, rude or nice, are the same as anyone else.

Just like Christians have fundamentalists so do atheists but that doesn't mean the vast majority of atheists are fundamentalists.

Just like the vast majority of Christians aren't fundamentalists.

-Nam

What is insulting?

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +280/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: In All My Years...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 08:04:21 PM »
What is insulting?

You disagreed with him. That's worse than blasphemy for some people. They can't tell the difference between themselves and their opinions, so anyone disagreeing with their opinions must actually be disagreeing with their very existence.

-Nam

-One
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +732/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
Yep, you told it as it is, not as he wanted to hear it. That's an insult.

If he knew you like we know you, he'd know you were almost being christian, because you were so frickin' civil.

I'm not quite sure where christians like that learn to think like that. Mavis Beacon Teaches Stereotyping, perhaps?
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 09:29:47 PM »

If he knew you like we know you, he'd know you were almost being christian, because you were so frickin' civil.

I'm not quite sure where christians like that learn to think like that. Mavis Beacon Teaches Stereotyping, perhaps?

It's not by choice, it's a requirement at the website (me being "civil"). I've only have gotten one warning since 2001, when I joined, and it was based on a review i made of a film.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +732/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 11:10:53 PM »

It's not by choice, it's a requirement at the website (me being "civil"). I've only have gotten one warning since 2001, when I joined, and it was based on a review i made of a film.

-Nam

Well, given the high profile of the web site, and the demographics, they probably have little choice but to be stringent. You must really like movies to put up with such things. But you certainly weren't out of hand with your post.

I'm guessing you literally have to bite your tongue every once in awhile, though.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 11:22:42 PM »
You have no idea. I actually write out what I actually want to say but then either edit it or just delete it all.

I do that at funtrivia.com, too. That's a "G" rated site.

-Nam

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 04:41:56 AM »
I think you let him make a good point about who is hateful even tho he is prolly to stupid to see it.
Signature goes here...