Author Topic: Mt. McKinley No Longer -- Here Comes Mt. Obama!  (Read 285 times)

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +414/-45
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Mt. McKinley No Longer -- Here Comes Mt. Obama!
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »
BTW, Nam, do you have a link to that interview? I'd very much like to see it and laugh a little (more).
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, Son of Fire, Sol Invictus.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +533/-124
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 04:01:45 PM »
Which makes the likelihood of a Ted Cruz or a Marco Rubio nomination somewhat problematic for the teaparty birther wingnuts. They have doubled down so hard on the racism and anti-foreigner rhetoric, it may be too hard for their leaders to dial it back now.

Plus Bush is married to a Mexican and has mixed race children. I posted a link in my "Republican" topic, it relates to this but felt it more appropriate there.

-Nam
"presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions" -- me

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +533/-124
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »
BTW, Nam, do you have a link to that interview? I'd very much like to see it and laugh a little (more).

No. I saw it on TV or YouTube last year, I think. I could look for it.

-Nam

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +414/-45
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 04:04:09 PM »
No. I saw it on TV or YouTube last year, I think. I could look for it.

I'd appreciate it if you could. I tried looking it up on Google, but couldn't find anything.

-Nam

-One
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, Son of Fire, Sol Invictus.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +533/-124
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »
This isn't it but they're talking about a similar incident with FAUX NOISE:

-Nam

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +533/-124
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 04:16:20 PM »
You know, I think I watched it on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart which may be improbable in finding it. But the one above is similar. Instead of a woman it's FAUX NOISE.

-Nam

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +122/-2
  • You know
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2015, 12:15:26 AM »
I am sure that's most likely the reason but in today's racist makeup even Latino/Hispanics aren't considered True White™.

I don't know. Bigotry, as far as I can tell, doesn't always or even usually work out to be blanket hatred towards each and every member of the hated group or groups. There always seems to be room for someone, say a young US Senator from the great state of Texas, to be deemed by the bigots to be "one of the good ones." A PPP poll just showed that a higher percentage of self-identified Republicans believe that Senator Cruz was born in the US (40%) than the president (29%).
Nah son...

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +1414/-9
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 12:41:31 AM »
Perception over reality. Such ignorance. No wonder they don't want ethnic studies or real history taught in school. They want to believe that their literally whitewashed version of the past really happened.

That is why Trump wants to change the citizenship laws to make it so that being born here is not enough. They want their racist perception (that anyone not white is a foreigner who just arrived yesterday, and does not belong here) to be supported by reality. Sad. Just like people who tell 3rd and 4th generation Asian-Am folks that their English is very good. And that Native Americans should go back to where they came from.  &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +533/-124
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2015, 12:45:41 AM »
I am sure that's most likely the reason but in today's racist makeup even Latino/Hispanics aren't considered True White™.

I don't know. Bigotry, as far as I can tell, doesn't always or even usually work out to be blanket hatred towards each and every member of the hated group or groups. There always seems to be room for someone, say a young US Senator from the great state of Texas, to be deemed by the bigots to be "one of the good ones." A PPP poll just showed that a higher percentage of self-identified Republicans believe that Senator Cruz was born in the US (40%) than the president (29%).

I think that's because he looks and talks like a Southerner.

-Nam

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +122/-2
  • You know
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2015, 04:05:29 AM »
Nah, I think even if Ted Cruz looked and sounded like Cheech Marin they'd fuck with him. Same way they fuck with Ben Carson. The good Dr. Carson's definitely on the insane side of conservatism but he also looks and sounds like a black man...a black man from Detroit no less. Also, I think that a majority of black people my age were at one time given a copy of Gifted Hands as teenagers. And if you were black and from the Baltimore or DC area, he probably spoke at your school at some point. He's actually unlike a lot of other black figures in the party in that I think that most black people had a very positive opinion about him until he started talking about his politics and in the process disrespecting our president.

And conversely, I think that had Barack Obama been the conservative Republican US Senator from Illinois they would have championed him in 2008 in the same way that they may very well champion someone like Marco Rubio next year. I think they get a kick out of someone that's not a white man speaking their language, which is why that one black sheriff from Milwaukee is on Hannity every time I've flipped by.

Again, even the most hard headed bigots tend to allow for there to be "good ones" who are "not like other [insert maligned group]." The fact that Ted Cruz doesn't actually speak Spanish probably makes him more relatable to Republicans or whatever. But I think they would lose their shit if there were say, a person that came illegally, was deported, but found a way to come back legally and now extols the virtues of the Republican party, truth, justice, and the American way for any audience that can scrounge up his considerable speaking fee.
Nah son...

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +262/-8
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2015, 08:16:08 AM »

That is just insane.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!