Author Topic: Got Gas?  (Read 129 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Got Gas?
« on: December 12, 2014, 02:33:41 PM »
Got gas today (12-12-14) at $2.25 in my area.  It is dropping fast.  Bet we are under 2 bucks by New Year.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-0
  • Living the Dream
Re: Got Gas?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »
We're at about $2.60-$2.70 in southern New Hampshire
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 03:25:25 PM »
Gas is cheap due to increased supply[1] and the economy is improving. Last time gas was less than 3 bucks a gallon, we were in the middle of the recession and nobody had any money to go anywhere. So demand was down and the price fell.

Now we are doing well and gas is affordable again. If the Republicans had one of their folks in the White House, you would hear nothing but crowing about how wonderful it all was. But Obama is still an evil satanic atheist mooslim who wants to destroy America.
 1. Not the best thing for the environment, but anyway.... :-\
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +355/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 04:27:11 PM »
I got gas the other day and it was $2.79. However, a month ago it cost $80 to fill up my tank and this time around it only cost $60. $20 savings.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 05:22:15 PM »
Saw $2.42 in a couple of places driving across central Minnesota today, and $2.39 at one station.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »
$2.09 today.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 07:59:35 PM »
It's close to $2.80 in Western, NY. It seems like it dropped 20-30 cents overnight.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +355/-85
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 08:08:39 PM »
Yesterday I saw one gas station say $2.49. A mile down the road another said $2.79.

Somebody needs to catch up.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-1
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 08:29:47 PM »
I saw it at $2.95 here yesterday at a gas station which is generally one of the lower priced ones. But CT is generally pretty much the highest around. We'll see where things go from here.

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-8
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 08:40:27 PM »

I see differences as Nam mentioned. $2.69 in Waltham MA, and $2.49 just a few miles away.
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 08:29:53 AM »
We made it today...gas here $1.99. :D

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +819/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 10:23:39 AM »
You win, Nick, but it is down to $2.28 here in Montana.

All of the local stations are within a penny of each other, price-wise. But I live in a small town.

I talked to a guy who owned a gas station and he told me that he only made a couple of pennies a gallon. The rest went to the supplier, who didn't get much either. Most of it went to the oil companies.

I know I don't know anything about economic realities when I try to figure out the falling prices. I read somewhere recently that the oil companies and lost 60 billion dollars by the time gas fell to $3.00 a gallon six weeks or so ago. Somewhere alone the line I would think collusion would come in to the picture, as companies agreed not to get too carried away lowering prices. But it doesn't, I guess.

And the oversupply? Just quit pumping so much out of the ground, if all it is going to get you is lower prices. Its not like demand for the stuff is ever going to go away. Work less, make more. Isn't that the American way?

In the meantime, we'll all drive more, more people will die in auto accidents, and we'll pollute more, overall, than we were doing. That too is the American way.

Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Online Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-1
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 03:39:01 PM »
Saw it for $1.91 at two different stations yesterday evening in Richardson, TX (near Dallas). Was $1.95 to $1.99 earlier same day.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +355/-85
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 03:48:46 PM »
Are we supposed to feel bad about lower gas prices? From what I understand gas stations have always made their money on food, drink/beer, and cigarette sales. However, 4¢ profit per gallon[1] isn't chump change when you add that up with everyone who gets gas per month.

If you wish to feel better, oil tankers and pipelines usually only make 1¢ per gallon.

-Nam
 1. which is the current average