Author Topic: Atheists/theists, learn to spell these words and the difference between others  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
"Atheist(s)" and not "Athiest(s)"

Well there IS a Belgian village called Ath, so I guess Athiest is someone who is the most from Ath that a person can be.

Oh, and God is most certianly not spelled God ... it's spelled THOR!!! ;)
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +231/-5
  • Ex-rosary squad
Sorry, that was intended as satirical.  Apologies for misleading you.  By all means continue to educate.

My sarcasm-meter is accusing mild levels of sarcasm on that last sentence, but, on the off-chance it's wrong, I'm going to reply.
That just adds to my point. You satirized my attempt to educate people. That means you didn't agree with it for whatever reason.

I didn't mean any of that sarcastically, but now I see where you're coming from.

I wasn't attempting to satirize you, I was attempting to satirize people who rationalize to themselves why it should be OK to be careless with the written word.  Clearly my attempt at satire was essentially a failure.

Online One Above All

• Professor
  • Darwins +223/-30
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Oh, and God is most certianly not spelled God ... it's spelled THOR!!! ;)

Shh!!! Don't let Astreja hear you, or she'll want Me to change My OP.

I wasn't attempting to satirize you, I was attempting to satirize people who rationalize to themselves why it should be OK to be careless with the written word.

Got it.

Clearly my attempt at satire was essentially a failure.

One person took it the wrong way and you conclude it's "essentially a failure"? Don't worry about it.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-0
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
No, One Above All, You're good -- AFAIK, the only god whose name is spelled Thor (at least in the English transliteration) is My little brother.

In the context of the OP, Thor only spells His name Th-r if the "o" key on His keyboard is busted, or if it's late at night and the Valhalla crowd is falling-down drunk[1] and You can't tell your Æsir from Your elbow.
 1. Sif -hates- that, because then She has to find a babysitter and be the Designated Goat Chariot Driver.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +17/-0
  • Current mood: Malcontent
No, One Above All, You're good -- AFAIK, the only god whose name is spelled Thor (at least in the English transliteration) is My little brother.

In the context of the OP, Thor only spells His name Th-r if the "o" key on His keyboard is busted, or if it's late at night and the Valhalla crowd is falling-down drunk[1] and You can't tell your Æsir from Your elbow.
 1. Sif -hates- that, because then She has to find a babysitter and be the Designated Goat Chariot Driver.

A Norse is a Norse, of course of course.

Sorry. :)
The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff.

Is it fact, or is it crucifiction?