Author Topic: Is there a logical explanation for Human existance [#513]  (Read 297 times)

Offline PostalGirl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood postal girl!
Is there a logical explanation for Human existance [#513]
« on: October 06, 2008, 09:46:41 PM »
I stumbled uppon you're video on youtube.

And i agree with the fact's about the bible being manmade and also the God in wich the
bible and religion beleive is a delusion.

My question is than what is there to beleive in just Nature? what purpose do we have?

Or is ther a "power" that is responsable for the creation of the entire Universe and all
life in eksistance??

Thank u if you find the time to answer my question.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Is there a logical explanation for Human existance [#513]
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »
"My question is than what is there to beleive in just Nature? what purpose do we have?"

First off, "believe in just nature" is a loaded statement.  If something is real, I need not believe it.  Capitalizing the word "Nature" as you did shows that you put special meaning it that above simple reality.  As I can not read your mind, my reply will ignore the emphasis you put on that word unless you want to clarify what you mean.

So, here's my answer;

The same purpose I've always had.

There is no mystery here and never has been.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Sota

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:14:55 PM »
The problem is that you think that we already know everything about the universe, and that it has a grand, single purpose when it doesn't, as far as we know.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 10:43:24 PM »
I believe that life's purpose is what you make it. There is no inherent purpose to life. The problem comes when one assumes that there must be a purpose. Why can't it just be?
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote